An Icy Rebirth [Cheshire]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Emee on January 26th, 2011, 2:42 pm

52nd of Autumn, 510 AV

Emee wandered into the big eating hall called the Luminary Commons, for the first time in his new life smelling warm food. And it was everywhere! The six-armed creature licked around his mouth as he walked further into the big hall. The temperature was perfect too, just how he liked it. He had been surprised and afraid when he noticed his new looks this morning, but the delicious fragrances in the air chased away any pessimistic thoughts with an instant. Emee wanted to get something to eat right away, but he decided he should look for Leeshela and Master Warran first. Leeshela might not recognize him, although Emee hadn't seen any other six-armed creatures in Avanthal. Most likely because of the cold air and the snow, because he had been freezing even more than last night before he stepped inside.

So Emee ignored the alluring smell of food and drinks, and tried to stand still as he looked around for Leeshela and a man he knew little about, but at the same time trying to not be in the way for people walking around in the hall. He embarrassed himself a few times by thinking he had found Leeshela, but finding himself greeting someone else.
Last edited by Emee on February 3rd, 2011, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Words: 42624
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on February 2nd, 2011, 10:52 pm

ImageThe day was clear, at least by Talderian terms when Leeshela and Warran set out to the Luminary Commons. "Lee, if this man is an Ethaefal how can you know what he will look like during the day?" The Skyglow had a point and Leeshela had not even thought of it. She thought as she walked. "We could just call out his name. Of course, who knows what he was in a past life? He could have been a jamoura or all we know. That would be easy to spot." Warran did not seem too thrilled about working with a person who was not from Avanthal. "I'm not to sure about him. He just fell out of the sky Leeshela! We know nothing about him except the fact he is an Ethaefal." Leeshela had faith in the man though. He was kind, or at least she thought he was. If he was truly a bad person he would have killed her the night before. "Just give him a chance. We are all new to a city at some point." Warran's eyes turned a dark purple at the statement but he followed his friend just as well. He would have the last say in the matter. It was his shop on the line.

Once in the Commons Warran and Leeshela looked around trying to see anyone out of the ordinary. "Do you see him?" Leeshela's eyes stopped when she spotted a six-armed man standing alone in the commons. "I'm pretty sure." She pointed to the man and Warran nodded slowly. "Yup, six arms, that would prove it." The pair walked up to the man and Leeshela gave him a smile. "I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are Emee. We hardly ever see Ephyrians here. This is Warran Skyglow." Warran gave him a small, forced smile and held out his hand. "I've heard nothing but good things about you Emee. I am Warran Skyglow."
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Emee on February 3rd, 2011, 9:53 am

Emee turned around when he heard Leeshela’s voice, calm and soothing to Emee’s ears. A beautiful man in nice clothes stood beside her, and a shock of uncertainty as to what he should do went through Emee as he realized this was his new master. “Master Skyglow! It’s truly an honor to meet you. You’ve heard good things about me?” Emee hurriedly bowed before Warren, wanting to make a good first impression. He smiled at the thought of Leeshela telling maser Warran about him. Then he realized Warran was holding out his hand, and Emee lifted up his right hand to shake his hand. Still not entirely used to the concept of having six arms, two arms instead of one met Warran’s hand and shook it. The third hand was raised too, though it seemed to be going somewhere else. Emee noticed this and stopped himself before grabbing hold of and shaking some other body part of Warran’s. Puzzled by the difficulty of controlling his arms, he hoped Warran hadn’t noticed the third arm.

Yes, I am Emee. This visage is entirely stranger to me, but I’m glad you were able to find me nonetheless.” Emee became silent, still bowing, wondering what he should do or say. He wanted to show them to a table, but this cantina thing was completely new to him. Who was the host of them? Emee was a guest here, and even in his own room he was a guest. He would just have to wait for one of the two others to do something, but he really didn’t like standing here, in front of all those people. They weren’t really looking at them, but he still felt that they were drawing attention to themselves by standing here. He didn’t know why he was so frightened of attention all out of a sudden, but it might be this strange body he possessed.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on February 21st, 2011, 8:44 pm

A small smile danced on Warran's lips as he watched the man rumble with his own arms. "Please, just call me Warran. Master Skyglow is Vannis, our leader. Trust me, no one wants to even dream of taking that title from him." Warran looked around after saying that, his eyes turning red with fear. Vannis was a good leader, in fact one of the best. He did have a bit of a temper though. Leeshela clapped a hand on Warran's shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry about him. He is just a scared little puppy when it comes to his Hold leader." Warran glared at her with bright pink eyes. "My personal life is none of your business Leeshela and if Vannis was your leader you would understand why I am quick to fear him." Warran looked over the commons and waved to Emee. "Lets eat, you are hungry right? We can discuss work over a meal." Leeshela smiled at looked over to the door. "Sadly, I have to depart. My business needs me. I can't trust Steffan for too long without the place falling to pieces. See you around Emee." She waved and then ran out the door.

Walking toward the window to the kitchen Warran looked over to Emee. "What kind of meat do you want? Our hunters are some of the best in Taldera." Warran's eyes turned a bright shade of blue as he thought of what he was going to eat. "I'll have some Elk and my friend is having… What would you like Emee?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on February 22nd, 2011, 10:17 am

Emee looked at the two Vantha as they spoke, not wanting to interrupt in their conversation. He figured it would be best to stay quiet and observe for some time before he said something and made a fool of himself.

You’re leaving?” Emee’s heart sank. He’d definitely make himself look like a fool if Leeshela wasn’t there to help. “Bye…” Emee looked after Leeshela as she left, but turned his head in surprise as Warran suddenly started talking. He realized they were standing by a window showing a kitchen on the other side. Curiously, Emee peeked in to see what kind of food they were cooking. He couldn’t see much because most of the food naturally was in pots and pans, but what he did see looked like a lot of everything he could recall eating and a bunch of other things. Come to think about it, Emee realized most of what he could remember about food was bread and porridge. If these were meals he used to have early or late in the day, he had no idea at all. Taking a chance, he went for a mix of both. “Do you have any bread and some, uh… delicious porridge?” Emee smiled, trying to make it seem like this was something he loved eating. He hoped it tasted good, because he had no idea. Maybe he should have gone for what Warran had ordered instead?
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on February 28th, 2011, 9:13 pm

"Are you sure you don't want meat?" Warran was a little confused to see the man not ordering meat. Almost everyone in Avanthal ate meat. It was a staple source of food and when there was so little plants in the city. He shrugged and ordered Emee some porridge and bread. When the two got their food Warran motioned for Emee to follow him to a table.

"Okay, so Lee tells me that you are skilled in leatherworking." Warran took a bite out of his meat and looked Emee. "I'd be willing to employ you at my shop. What can you do? Can you dye as well?" Having a dyer in the shop would always make sales a bit better. Warran could dye but it always helped to have another person to do the dyeing. "Do you have a place to stay? I'm sure Lee set you up with a cabin right?"
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Emee on March 1st, 2011, 6:25 pm

Emee took his food, and followed Warran. The way his eyebrows had moved told Emee that his order had been an unusual one, so Emee decided that he should defend his strange taste in food. “I’m sorry. I should perhaps have ordered the same food as you, but I can’t recall the name of any particular food-except from bread and porridge. Food wasn’t a major concern with Leth and Syna, and a lot disappear when you live without it for so long… Live with the moon with no need to eat for nearly half a man’s years, and the only taste you’ll care about and remember is the ever welcomed taste of His light and presence. Next time we order food together I’m sure to let you order for me! You sound like you know a thing or two about eating.” Emee wasn’t sure how his words would be received by Warran. He meant the last part as a compliment, but what if he misunderstood? And he should probably stop boring the Vantha with his tales about Leth.

Emee sat down by the table Warran had picked out, and did like him. He picked up the tool he had been equipped with, dipped it in the porridge, and then led it up to his mouth. He frowned as a warm clump of porridge fell off the spoon and down on one of his wrists. In a hurry, he dropped his spoon into the bowl and scraped the porridge on his hand back in the bowl as well. “I can dye. I can’t make dye, but I can dye, and I think I’m quite good at it too,” Emee answered with his eyes curiously looking down at his spoon and his food. He lifted the spoon up carefully, and waited a bit before bending his back to put the tool in his mouth. Then he blinked with surprise a few times. The salty taste of seawater he had from yesterday was overwhelmed by a weak, yet thick and wet taste that made his tongue twitch in joy. He couldn’t help but letting out a moan in pleasure, and he smiled as his eyebrows shot up. Then the taste faded away after a few seconds, and disappointment filled Emee. He swallowed, and looked up at Warran.

Amazing food you serve here. Truly amazing. I am also very good at working wool and linen. I doubt that’s the most popular choice of clothing with all this cold, but furs and leather can be really irritating on the skin. At least I think so, but maybe you get used to having nothing between your furs and your own skin in a place like this.” The food seemed to have loosened Emee’s tongue. He didn’t think about what he was saying. Instead, he was busy trying to figure out the best way to wield this strange spoon in order to get more of the porridge into his moth.
Emee
Oracle for rental

Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on March 22nd, 2011, 11:02 pm

The man was interesting, that was for sure. Warran knew he had to cut him a little slack though. The poor man had been stranded among the clouds for so long. How was he supposed to know, or even remember, the workings of meals and food? Warran's eyes turned a bright blue as he watched Emee drop his food on his wrists. "I'm sure you will get the hang of it soon. We are all new to this world at some point. It looks like you get to experience it more than once." Warran tried to be optimistic, or at least have a good pretense of it. He wanted out of the commons and back to his shop. "I can help you order but I think it will be better if you order for yourself. How will you learn if I am doing it for you?" He did not want to be harsh but he also did not want to be spoon feeding the man. Even those who fall needed to get back up on their own at some point. That included those who fell from the Ukalas.

"Hmmm, perhaps you can learn? Being a dyer is all fine and dandy but I think it would be benefical for you to know how to make the dyes you use." Warran made a mental note to find someone to teach the Ethaefal about making dyes. It would not be needed but of course, it would be cheaper if his new assistant could make the dyes he used. He liked the ideas that the man proposed though. Wool and linnens. That, between the fur or leather would make clothing much warmer. "I like it Emee. I think we could use that talent. You never know. maybe wool could be benfical. We will have to try it out." Warran's eyes sparked a deep green color as he looked at his new assistant. "Take you time with the food. When you are done we will head to my shop and you can show me your skill." Warran would not wait to see what the Ethaefal could do. It was not just because of the wool and linen aspect. This man had been in the Ukalas and shared Leth's domain. Warran would only imagine the things he could create.
They said I'd be a gem.
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire

Office
Scrapbook

Previous