Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 15th, 2011, 12:01 pm

Serrif was struck by this woman’s honesty. She really did want to help; and she wanted to make a difference. Something he could relate to. But he toiled in his mind in how to adequately answer her interesting question. He knew the answer but it wouldn’t be easy to say. Nor easy to explain.

“I struggle to tell you this Eisi. But finding another enslaved sister would be luck of the draw almost. They would be frail, starved and beaten much like the man you see before you. The signs would all be there. Some if born into servitude would see nothing wrong with it. But it is important to know what you are looking for. With the beauty your kind possesses and with the extraordinary gifts you possess I would expect only the wealthiest of buyer would ever hope to gain ownership of a Konti woman. Harems would pay handsomely for such women, as would sultans, kings or any high ranking official.” He let that sink in for a moment then he spoke again.

“As far as ‘how’ to locate the slave trade look for any selling people. Sometimes they will be tragedies of a war; captured and sold. Sometimes such individuals are taken and sold; in which case they are sometimes sold to ‘refining houses’ where they learn to behave as proper slaves. Look for well connected people. They usually know a person or two that are mixed up in various trades. And the slave trade is definitely one they know someone in. Every well connected person knows someone who is in the slave trade; whether they know it or not.” He stopped and thought looking directly into her eyes as he then spoke.

“I’ve been meaning to do a little work myself; but I don’t have the strength nor the abilities right now. If you would meet me here on the Isle a year from today I will see about following you back to the mainland and helping you settle any scores and free any sisters you wish. This I promise. But I have to hone my skills a little more and get myself healthy again before I take on any adventures.” She could tell by his tone and his demeanor that he was indeed serious. That and the fact that he didn’t seem the type to kid or lie. No not about something as serious as this. He meant what he said. He just needed a little time. His body was frail; and his skills were few. He believed he was little if any good to anyone right now.

“But let’s take an easy day. I would love to see the sights with you.”
He then smiled and picked up a small backpack of his gear.

OOCYeah I agree. You want to go and create a thread for this?”
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby E'isi on March 15th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Eisi nodded as she thought about what he said, she looked out the sun now well over the sea, the birds called and shore was washed with every beat of the waves. To find them I'll have to be stronger, Be braver, and not get killed.

She looked back to Serrif smiling, "Thank you Serrif, for you have a great heart." She stood up to her tip toes and pulled him in to a soft hug, she was more so hugging only his torso, but it was still a hug, "You will fit in at Mura quite nicely," She let go and looked at him in the eyes, "We would be stupid to allow someone of your nature run away from us." she walked back to her bags and picked them up.

"So I say lets take a break, clean up a bit and meet back in an Hour? At the old cobble path that leads to the beach?" she smiled like a child, awaiting to go on a grand adventure.

E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Alice on April 3rd, 2011, 12:51 pm

Serrif Von Chatlyn

Experience: 1 Fishing, 4 Observation, 2 Teaching, 2 Philosophy
Lores: Being Painted, Being Amused by Little Things, Longing for a Home, What to Expect of Relationships with Konti

Eisi

Experience: 3 Painting, 4 Observation, 2 Fishing, 1 Storytelling
Lores: Gathering Inspiration, Serrif’s Past (basic), Fishing with One’s Hands, Laughing at Oneself, Slavery (basic)

Comments

Nice thread! It’s nice to see friendship between them building up slowly and the serenity of the situation. I also laughed at Eisi’s comical tries to get fishing “right”. The xp and lores I awarded are somewhat mixed, so if you feel you got too few, too much or the wrong ones, please tell me.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous