Stone and water [Graded]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Stone and water [OPEN]

Postby Silwyn on December 6th, 2010, 2:57 pm

"Silwyn, nice of you to join us," Addy said as Silwyn took a seat at the table, and started to eat her apple. The skin was thick, the meat sweet and juicy. She finished it within a few minutes before Addy announced that she had some sort of strange idea all planned out for Iris, but she wasn't sure what else Addy had said. She was too engrossed in the consumption of her apple, which she then placed on her plate, when consumed. (The apple core that is). Oh Addy, she thought to herself, always excited about something, sometimes Silwyn wished she could be like that.

Before Silwyn knew it, Addy was getting up, "run it by her and all that good stuff. Lets go," was all Silwyn heard. Wait? What? Where were the two of them going? She looked up at Addy wide-eyed. I'm still eating, she was saying. Also, what is running through your head? She wasn't sure if Addy had actually noticed, because sometimes, it seemed like if Addy was caught up with something, she wasn't really present in anything else she was doing. Well, she was physically, but not mentally or emotionally. "You girls are welcomed to join," Addy said next, referring to herself and some other inarta woman Silwyn didn't recognize.

Silwyn nodded, as she ripped off a piece of her role with her teeth and got up. She was still holding the roll in her right hand, and munching on it periodically as she trailed silently behind Addy, and Iris. Well, maybe not silently, her chewing did make a bit of noise.

Not knowing where they were going, or what Addy had in mind was a little frustrating. Silwyn soon finished her roll, wiping the crumbs from around her lips with the back of her hand. That was good, she thought, wish I had put some jam or something on it though. Or gotten a little more, she was still a bit hungry, her stomach rumbling inaudibly. She'd get more at another meal, she thought, as she followed Addy through the mountain.

There were less and less people as they walked, and then, something seemed to hit Addy. All Silwyn heard Addy say was "oh!" before she started running down the hallways. It was hard for Silwyn to keep up, she wasn't used to running around; for anything. When she had finally caught up with Addy, her breath was coming in quickly, her heart pounding.

As she looked up, Silwyn saw Sai fighting someone. She couldn't recognize the person, considering he or she, was crumbled beneath Sai. "What did you do to her!?" Addy questioned the one receiving a beating. Silwyn simply stood on the sidelines, knowing it was no use trying to get involved, Sai seemed rather, into the class system, and wasn't likely to listen to her. The fact that their two personalities had a tendency to butt heads a bit, probably wouldn't help matters. So she stood, tense, biting her nails. Wondering what was going on and how Addy seemed to know about what Sai was doing. After all, the girl had run over here, and then tried to break this up.

Trying again, Addy said, "Sai, what did he do?" Could something even reach Sai at this point, or was she too far gone? Silwyn wondered, as she looked away for a moment. The blood and sweat of Sai and her victim reminded her of her red dyes. Slipping away from skin. Spilling. Being wasted. The thought didn't help things much. Make her stomach clench. Feel worse.

What was going on? Silwyn wondered, and did Addy honestly think she could stop it before it got any worse, or was she simply trying in vain? Perhaps for the simple sake of trying? Silwyn trembled a little, before forcing herself to stop. She just wanted whatever was going on to end.
Silwyn

Stone and water [OPEN]

Postby Damal on December 14th, 2010, 7:03 pm

A small crowd had begun to gather around them again. Damal was stuck with Sairque holding onto his wrist and refusing to let go. "100 Mizas wasted."
DAamal looked to his now wrecked magnifying glass. He turned his head back to Sairque. "If you must take me to the Valintar then so be it." He wiggled out of Sairque's grasp to scoop up his damaged magnifying glass. Then he begun following Sairque to the Valintar's office. In his mind he was imagining if he had wore his bladed boots how the events of today would be different.
Damal
Philanthropist and Agriculturist

Words: 8701
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 10:33 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Stone and water [OPEN]

Postby Aidara on February 3rd, 2011, 9:20 pm

As the symenestra walked away, Addy reached out for her sisters arm. "It's useless, sister dear. He's a coward." Her voice was low and soft, quiet enough that only her twin would hear what she was saying. To everyone else, it would seem as if the twins were whispering conspiratorially to each other. "We can do so much more to him if we take this moment for what it is, a coward running away, and plan." Addy knew better than to undermine her sister in public- well, normally she knew better- and was trying her best to diffuse the situation, as per usual.

Forcing a giggle from between her lips, Addy created an air of joviality as she slapped her sister lightly on the shoulder before slipping the arm around her waist and turning the woman from the object of her anger. Next she spoke to the gathered crowd as she guided her sister away. "We were never here" a wink "Or so you'll say when he meets an unfortunate demise. No one crosses the Wonder Twins, eh?" A laugh and a few high-fives as they walked past, and the two were free of the mass.

Leading her sister back down the hallway, Addy angeled towards the kitchens. "My breakfast was disrupted. Gorging and then galloping down hallways to the rescue does a number on ones digestion. What'd'ya say we take another crack at the best the cooks have to offer, hm? It's almost lunch." Knowing of her sisters propensity towards edible things, Addy used this to her advantage. When they entered the kitchens, she ushered her sister towards one of the benches with a flourishing curtsy and a laugh. From there, a tray was picked up in either hand and she headed off towards the end of the line, leaving her sister to wait for her meal to be delivered, humming softly to herself all the while.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Stone and water [OPEN]

Postby Gossamer on April 11th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Character:Iris
Experience: +2 Housekeeping
Lore: Being hard at work, Missing meals, following orders, taking food from strangers, Having grace and humility, Knowing one’s place,

Character: Sairque
Experience: + 4 Leadership, +1 Planning, +1 Teaching, +2 Rhetoric, +2 Observation, +2 Brawling
Lore: Being bossy, Being an utter bitch, Sarcasm, Pwning would-be do-gooders, Knowing how to control a crowd, Being threatened by a Magnifying glass.

Character: Aidara
Experience: +1 Hunting, +2 Leadership, +3 Rhetoric, +3 Observation
Lore: Demanding answers, Using random people as meat shields, harassing her sister, Being overly bubbly to everyone, Being kind to strangers, Demanding answers, If all else fails – Eat!

Character: Damal
Experience: +3 Observation, +1 Rhetoric
Lore: Interfering in an Endal’s orders, Questioning an Endal’s orders, ignorantly knowing nothing about a situation yet making assumptions, Being treated like a Dek, Imagining different fantasy outcomes to real situations.

Character: Silwyn
Experience: No XP Awarded.
Lore:

Character: Araeki
Experience: No XP Awarded
Lore:

Additional Note: I hate to say it but Damal came off as incredibly stupidly ignorant in this thread. I kept waiting for one of the WR folks to eat him for breakfast for his arrogance and assumptions. When that did not happen, I was hugely disappointed, but there’s always next time. Silwyn’s joining the thread confused me, but she worked it in well. I was also confused why a Symenestra was munching on an apple like a human. Damal needs to study up on his race. They can’t swallow whole food. They have to digest it outside of their body, then suck in the liquid. Okay I’m confused why Araeki joined as well. You guys need to close your open threads as soon as a topic is settled and a set number of participants have been posting regularly. I also have to comment that Damal's reaction to Sai's action was the saddest thing I've seen in a while. We should have had an all out brawl there. I also gave Sai an extra point for brawling for backhanding him with said magnifying glass. That was interesting and poetic justice. I wish Silwyn and Arekai would have added more to the scene since they bothered to join.

Interesting thread.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous