What Have We Here? (Nasilia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 11th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Nasilia's reaction caught Vhanet quite by surprise. Could the woman truly not know what a Dhani was? In Ahnatep there had been many who could guess at her heritage even if she spoke carefully. Could she have come far enough that the fear of her people was not there for lack of knowledge? It would be worth finding out, but there were more important things to attend to.

"It isss how my kind ssspeaksss, Nasssilia, sssuch a pretty name you have," Vhanet said with a pleasant smile, "At leassst, how our ssspeach affectsss how we ssspeak common. It isss sssomething that I hide often, asss there are many who fear and quessstion my kind much like your Sssymenessstra. If I am to help you, I thought you would appreciate knowing a sssecret of mine. Asss a ssshow... of trussst."

Such an naive and transparent woman made Vhanet's mind dance with delightful ideas, but such fun would have to wait, or be played upon someone else. Nasilia had something that could prove much more valuable that the few days of entertainment such diversions would bring. Vhanet could certainly be patient for such reward. Of course, if Nasilia didn't accept her help that was a different matter.
Last edited by Yanessavhanet on April 12th, 2011, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanessavhanet
Alt of Alenias, Deceptive Seductress

Words: 83625
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 11th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Nasilia did not know what a Dhani was indeed. In fact, the only races she knew of were Symenestra and humans, but humans were only well known because well...they were everywhere! Living to serve the household and do little else save some knife play to defend herself was all that she had going for her. Her knives would probably do little to protect her if she really had to fight, but she felt better with them rather than just her bare weakened fists.

However it was unlike her to speak as much as she did, and it was only because she felt she had no choice but to get someone's help to find her mother despite how apprehensive she was of a stranger's help. Looking at Vhanet with a withdrawn posture, she said somewhat meekly, "O-Oh you don't have to help me. Just having a little money was all I really needed so that I could go into town and get some food for later."

She didn't like having a lot of company as she was more than a little aloof. It was why the household proved to be a curse and a blessing: a curse when everyone was home and a blessing when she had it all to herself. She expressed some concern about this side of her personality, saying, "Besides, I like working alone, and well um.." she didn't know what else she could say without sounding rude. She decided to give in a little, saying, "I suppose you could help."
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Words: 31120
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 6:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 12th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Vhanet's dark eyes watched Nasilia as she withdrew slightly and spoke so meekly. Such a timid Symenestra! Nothing like Dinvidus, and hardly even seeming the same woman who had claimed to be capable of devouring Vhanet out of hunger. That should make things easier though, the timid and quiet were always so much easier to get what you wanted out of.

"I insssissst," Vhanet said with a smile as she reached out and lightly touched Nasilia's hand, "My people greatly value the connection between Mother and Daughter. I cannot ignore sssuch a horrible thing that hasss happened to you. Would you like sssome more food before we go to ask quessstionsss? I have more to ssspare."

Vhanet continued to smile pleasantly at Nasilia as she waited for a reply. Things were going quite well. She was certainly glad she had gone out searching for some fun this day. Nasilia looked like she might provide fun for quite a long time.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 13th, 2011, 6:27 am

Truth be told, Nasilia was out of her element, and she knew it. Anything regarding her mother put her out of her cool demeanor, and she didn't like that in the least bit. With Vhanet insisting she help, she felt some dread in the whole affair. She bit her bottom lip and stammered, "W-Well I mean if you want to help...I suppose I won't get hungry and want to eat the nearest thing if I keep getting food huh?"

She didn't like opening up to people, but if it meant the possibility of seeing her mother again, she would have taken her knife to her own wrist and bled for this woman if it meant she would do so, though the meaning of such an act would have two completely interpretations. She hoped Vhanet was sincere in her desire to help, and to put so much trust in a stranger...unthinkable for her!

Nasilia felt herself loosen a little at Vhanet's reassuring words, telling herself that this one just wanted to be nice to her and help her out. She hadn't the slightest clue that she had more perhaps...malicious ulterior motives, her mind seeking the immediate solace it deserved. She said, "I...I just hope she is okay."
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 13th, 2011, 5:23 pm

"I hope ssso asss well," Vhanet said reassuringly, "I will do all I can to help you find her sssafely," the lie left her lips as easily as any she would would tell a man. With such a naive woman as Nasilia it was tempting to not even try hard to hide her deceptions, but there was things certainly worth value in obtaining from this game.

Taking Nasilia's hand and giving it a comforting squeeze Vhanet smiled once more, "Would you care for sssome more meat now, or ssshould we go ssstart asssking our quessstionsss? If you are ssstill hungry you ssshould eat, but the sssooner we look the sssooner we will find any anssswersss."

Vhanet could only hope that they would find some trouble in this search. It had been a while since she had truly had some fun with her prey before she ate. The animals she had mostly been eating since her arrival in Alvadas just couldn't compare with a man.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 14th, 2011, 2:27 am

Nasilia looked down at her hand and gave it a soft squeeze back, feeling the cool touch of the woman's digits coiling around her's. She rubbed her knuckles lightly with her thumb and simply stared at the hand as she spoke, not really sure what sort of gesture was socially acceptable for her kind though she hoped she wasn't doing anything particularly rude. It was quite easy to do that when one didn't know what one was doing in a social setting.

When Vhanet finished, she let a moment go by, still rubbing her knuckles in contemplation. She would then raise her head to look at Vhanet and smiled softly, nodding as she said, "Yes, let's see if we can find out anything new hm? Though..."

She looks around the large, expensive, and ever-changing city and blushes, saying quietly to her, "Where would we start? Who would we ask? I only had a blood trail, and it didn't really take me anywhere, and even if it did, I wouldn't remember the area in this sort of strange city." What kind of game could Vhanet play with so little information?
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 14th, 2011, 7:38 pm

"The sssanity center," Vhanet said confidently, "It isss the only place that doesss not change in Alvadasss, and isss next to the Maw. Anyone entering or leaving the city hasss to passss it. If not there, I know of a few other placesss that might have been visssited by the onesss who did thisss. We will asssk and sssearch until we find sssomething."

Giving Nasilia's hand a little tug Vhanet turned and started to walk down the street, "It might take usss sssome time to find it, with the ssstreetsss changing asss they do," she turned her head and gave the Symenestra a warm smile, "But I will be with you asss we look. I'm sssure it will be easssier with both of usss."
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 16th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Nasilia nodded and let Vhanet lead her on, hoping that she could find her way through the confusing streets. How could anyone live in such a strange city? It seemed like a nightmare for businesses for the fact that their location changed what seemed to be every hour, but perhaps the denizens were used to it. There had to be some sort of method the locals used to get around, something that helped them know where to go next. Perhaps the city was smaller than she thought, and if she was correct, navigating through it would actually be quite a breeze if one spent the time to memorize most of the buildings.

As they drew closer (or quite possibly farther) from their destination, Nasilia felt a soft smile form against her now rosy cheeks. She looked to Vhanet and said, "I...I can't thank you enough for helping, you're such an angel to come help someone you don't know in their weakest hour. I just wished we had met under less pressing circumstances." All the while, Vhanet was plotting some sadistic demise for her. Nasilia would probably be crushed if she was betrayed for the simple fact that her only hope of finding her mother would be destroyed.
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 18th, 2011, 2:31 pm

"Oh, I am no angel," Vhanet said in her best attempt to sound humble, but the thought itself made her want to laugh, "But I am happy to help. Asss for the circumssstance of our meeting, I do not wisssh for your unhappinesss," she gave a smile over her shoulder at Nasilia, "But if you had not been upssset the we might not have had the chance to become friendsss."

Truth be told, Vhanet had no clue where she was going, but she didn't really care much. If they found the Sanity Center it would be by pure luck, but that was the way of Alvadas that Vhanet had learned. It was one of the many things she loved about this city. It was almost enough to make her consider living in the city permanently, even with how unpleasantly cold it felt to her.

After a little more time it seemed luck, or Ionu, favored them today as the Sanity Center and Maw soon came into view around a corner. Giving another smile to Nasilia Vhanet made her way towards the building, "Come, let usss sssseee what we can find out. I can do the talking if you wisssh, I am good and learning thingsss from othersss."
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 19th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Nasilia followed her obediently, believing she simply "knew" where the Sanity Center was. Perhaps there was a memorable pattern to how the city shifted? She didn't know if logic could really be applied to something this random and chaotic, but she liked to believe that Vhanet had some navigational merit being a local and all...least she thought Vhanet was a local.

Upon entering the Center, Nasilia knew that the blood would not be here as well. After all, enough time had gone by to remove any sort of trail like that. There was only one way to find her mother now: interrogation. She looked to Vhanet and said, "Well...who do we ask first? With how the city shifts, finding the right person could prove to be rather difficult if not virtually impossible...true this is the Sanity Center, a place which I assume most go to, but even then, I'd imagine shady figures wouldn't just tell us where she went."

It might have been easier than she thought. Even a description as vague as a female Symenestra was specific enough to help jog a few peoples' memories. She only hoped she hadn't been beaten, raped, turned into a slave, or worse...killed.
Nasilia
Come home to me...

PreviousNext