[Flashback] A journey too soon [solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 3rd, 2011, 1:10 am

45th of Winter 450AV

The young Dhani, Malah, worked her way through the dunes of Eyktol. It had been many long hours since Malah left the nest, eager to prove that she was not a child anymore. That she was fully capable of taking care of herself. In her snake form, she only measured 3 feet of length. Thin red and black rings broke up her otherwise pure white body. Her scales, though drawn from a lack of water, glistened in the sun. How long has it been since I had something to drink? she wondered, and she was ashamed to admit to herself that she did not know. Malah paused at the crest of the dune she had just ascended. Her elders spoke of an oasis in the direction she was heading, but she was having doubts she would ever find it. Her instinct told her that she was moving away from the nest, but just how far could the oasis be? Will I die here, for nothing? Malah thought in despair as she slithered her way up another sand dune.

Malah paused at the top of the dune and looked around. A blueish haze with a little greenery surrounding it told her she was getting close. She continued winding her way towards the oasis. Time seemed to slow to a halt, and her movements with it. With each crest she found herself close and closer to her target, but it always seemed to be just over the next dune. Is it a mirage? Am I going to die out here? Malah wondered as she saw it again.
"No!" Malah screamed in snake-tongue, "I will make it to the oasis...I must make it."And with that said, she stubbornly continued on her way to the oasis, drawing reserves of energy she didn't know she possessed. She moved faster now than she had in hours, the increased speed paying off as she crested one last dune. The oasis was just on the other side.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Words: 33972
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 11:22 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 3rd, 2011, 4:44 pm

Stunned with the beauty of the oasis, she stopped at the top of the dune to look it over. The oasis was fairly small, but the far side of it was bustling with activity. A number of humans were about, tending to Eyktolian camels. Others were pitching up tents, while a couple seemed to be starting a fire.

The humans slightly amused her, but her attention was quickly drawn to a medium-sized dog barking at something she couldn't quite see. Mmm...that looks quite tasty, she thought to herself. She slowly edged her way behind the dog, taking care not to make much noise. When she was only perhaps a foot behind the dog, she curled up, tensed her muscles, and sprang. Her jaws found it's jugular, and she pumps poison into it through her fangs. The dog spasmed a couple times, let out a soft whine, finally it fell and stilled. As she looked up she saw a scorpion scurry off.
"Yes. Run off...this kill is mine." Malah said in snake-tongue. She began to dislocate her jaw so that she could fit the dog through her mouth. The dog was ingested, inch by inch, and then Malah worked her way toward the oasis to quench her thirst.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 3rd, 2011, 10:57 pm

Malah rested contentedly near the edge of the oasis, digesting the most delicious dog she had ever tasted. No longer can the Elders say I'm too young, she mused, pleased with herself, I made it here on my own...just how far can I go though? While she was contemplating this, a pair of humans wandered close. A tall man, garbed in the desert robes, accompanied by a young girl in similar clothes.

"How much further till we get to Ahnatep!?" the child asked, jumping in excitement.

The man sighed out a reply
"We'll get there tomorrow night, have patience and stop asking." He took the girl by the shoulders, and knelt so that he was eye level with her. "And when we get there, you'll have to be on your best behavior when we get there. The Ephyrians already look down on us, we will not add reason to their bigotry."

"I won't be bad!"
the girl promised, and with that, the man gave her a hug and they moved beyond Malah's range of hearing.
Last edited by Kalasshmalah on April 7th, 2011, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 7th, 2011, 11:46 am

Malah settled there for the night, happy to have eaten and drank her fill. Just before dawn broke across the desert, she decided to check out closer to the human encampment. They're headed to Ahnatep...perhaps I can follow them and get there with ease., She thought, And to think the weak humans could be of use to me...how unsettling.

It didn't take long for Malah to make her way to the other side of the oasis, and she found most of the humans still sleeping in their tents. Those few that were standing guard didn't notice her in the sand as she made her way through the sand. Finding her way inside a tent was simple, The humans must still be sleepy. she mused. The inside was deceptively big, and a large number of people slept here. Malah slithered around aimlessly, trying to find some way to make the humans move onward now.

The girl from before caught her eye, and Malah said to herself in snake-tongue
"Hmm...perhaps this will do the trick." And with that, she moved over to the girls side. Placing her fangs on the girl's leg, she bit down and injected some venom. A shame I can't use more, but I need them to think there's hope. The girl gasped and began to cry out in agony, and with that, Malah made a hastey retreat out and under the side flap of the tent.
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Kalasshmalah on April 7th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Outside, she paused for a moment to get her bearings. Humans ran to and fro, rousing everyone and shouting. Perfect. They will be too occupied to notice me! Excitedly, she slithered near the edge of the tent, following it to another, and kept going on. When she was near the edge of the camp, Malah looked back at that which she had wrought. Tents were being torn down, supplies back up, and the people being herded so that they could leave. A small child looking very weak was placed on a camel, and soon the humans departed. Following them was difficult, for their pace was quick, but Malah eventually ended up in Ahnatep with them.

OOCHope your birthday was great, and apologies for my writing. I've never considered myself very good, but I'd love to get better and as they say, practice makes perfect
Kalasshmalah
Taste this please

Character sheet

Postby Colombina on April 22nd, 2011, 5:19 pm

The XP Wand Is Waved!

Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes and congrats on your first thread. I wish you best of luck as you continue to grow in your writing style. You are off to a good start, practice makes perfect :) . What helps me when I write is to think about consequences or to throw difficulties in the narrative. Sometimes, not getting what you want can help your character grow. Also reading a good poem or listening to a song can get the creative juices flowing.

Mala's Loot

1 XP Wilderness survival
1 XP Hunting
Lore of Benshira Camp Structure

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)