[Calamity's Scrapbook] Driving Down Rainbow Road

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Calamity on May 8th, 2011, 6:47 am

Calamity's Scrapbook
For rambling, ideas, and rants

I feel cool enough to have a scrapbook now! It will be nice to have somewhere to rant and rave about silly things in my life, as well as get some notes down here and there.

So, hello! I'm Calamity, AS of Lhavit! Real name, Amy. Call me either one, it doesn't bother me.

If you want to stop by and say hi, feel free! All I require in return in a picture of something adorable. I like adorable things.

Now, I'm gonna go ahead and fill out this post a little with some rambling so it doesn't look too empty.

I am an adverb abuser.

I always notice this later, when I'm reading back over my posts. I abuse the poor things terribly, and it's annoying to see. There are times when I'll have written three adverbs all in the same sentence! Ugh. Get it together, me! You are a better writer than this!

Plans for my Characters

Tao is my first and currently sole character on Mizahar. And he's wonderful, don't get me wrong. I love to play with him. He's been a challenge here and there because my old MO in roleplaying had me lean towards zany, cheerful characters, or the ones that were just batshit insane on the astral plane.

Or angsty. My teenage self did love her some angst.

Still, these sorts of characters were at least easy to handle in terms of motivation. The problem with Tao is that he often needs a push, and it's not always something that I can provide as his player. He avoids confrontations, he runs from fights, and he'll apologise and beg his way out of any kind of situation rather than take a stand. And then sometimes he just outright lies.

It's why I'm currently really enjoying my threads with Jiina and Naama, and why I enjoyed playing with Vendaril before he vanished off the face of the earth. They all force Tao into a situation where he has to react, and how he chooses to handle the situation helps him grow as a character.

I'm just looking forward to his eventual induction into the Seiza. That's going to be one hell of a push.

Now, that little sub heading did say 'characters', and yes, I am considering developing a second character in Mizahar! I'm actually very interested in the idea of the ghosts, and in my lurking I haven't seen very many of them. I have her personality planned out, but I'm still uhming and ahhing because I'm not sure about a few details. Also, I'm a wuss sometimes.

The entry on Ghosts is a little vague here and there. For example, can ghosts disappear completely, so that they're effectively invisible? Can they talk without having to materialise? Can a Ghost be happy and even entertained by their powers and their existance as a Ghost without turning evil?

There's also the thought of where to play in. I'm pretty rooted in Lhavit, but I'm sure there's a rule that says you can't have your player characters in the same city. It's kinda bad taste, isn't it?

Anyway, if anyone has any recomendations, throw them my way! I need a second opinion, I believe.

Last edited by Calamity on May 11th, 2011, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calamity
Not Really That Destructive

Words: 6541
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2011, 1:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kelpie on May 8th, 2011, 6:57 am

I popped your scrapbook cherry! |:)

Anyhow, I'm excited to have you excited for your character I plan to do many evil--I mean, awesome things to him to challenge both you and him! ;)

As for ghosts, I don't know much but I do know that they're always invisible, and to become visible they must use a skill called materialization. At certain levels they can only remain visible for so long. I'm not sure about talking and I'm not sure about being happy, you should ask Tarot, the almighty creator!
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Calamity on May 9th, 2011, 1:18 am

Keeeelpie. I forsee this scrapbook being filled with pictures of explosions and nebulas. I have no problem with this. Space is cool. :3

Ahh, I'm looking forward to this evil challengingness that you speak of! Tao... well, not so much. But bugger it, he's going to suffer whether he likes it or not. *shakes a fist*

Anyway, I might just go ahead and shoot off a PM to Tarot to get my answers. I would like to play a ghost. Ghosts are cool. >:3
Calamity

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Calamity on May 11th, 2011, 5:27 am

I was eating lunch with a friend today in a public sort of lounge area at my university. At the time, we were talking about Mizahar and roleplay in general. My friend isn't a roleplayer, but he doesn't mind me talking about it, so I was rambling on about my characters and my brand new shiny ASship.

There's this other group of people sitting next to us, about three or four Asian students. They seem to be minding their own business, and I could care less about them.

At least, until my friend informs me that one of them is insulting me in Chinese.

He wrote it down on a piece of paper so that they wouldn't know we knew, but the gist of it was that I was a stupid nerd bitch who must have no life if I liked to roleplay. His friends have all got the giggles, because insulting people is hilarious, right?

Anyway, friend pointed me in the direction of the guy and let me go all rage mode on him. Or rather, I just tapped him on the shoulder, smiled sweetly, then told him that other people around here understood Chinese.

Oh, the look on his face.

I have to admit I got rather colourful in telling him exactly where he could shove his pompous little attitude. However, it was incredibly satisfying to watch them all scatter when I snarled 'fuck off'.

This kind of thing makes my blood boil more than anything else. I'm tired of the stigma attached to roleplaying or video games or any other nerdy activity. I should be able to chat about my characters and plotlines in public without being insulted and attacked by idiots with their heads up their asses.

And how rude do you have to be think that just because it's a different language, you can get away with doing something like that?

At any rate, dear douchebag, the next time I see you, you'd better turn and run the other way. I'm completely out of tolerance for idiots like you.

Last edited by Calamity on May 13th, 2011, 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calamity

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jiina on May 11th, 2011, 11:23 am

*kicks the loser in the chest for you*

You are not a nerd... >> <<

你是书呆子, 但你是好看书呆子
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Words: 53253
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Calamity on May 11th, 2011, 11:26 am

Oh, on the contrary, I'm a huge nerd. ;) I just don't see why people think it's a problem!

(Also, I'm not the one who speaks Chinese. The most I have is basic Japanese, and I hesistate to say I speak it anymore XD)
Calamity

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jiina on May 11th, 2011, 11:29 am

I hear google translate works wonders... ;)
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Character sheet

Postby Calamity on May 11th, 2011, 11:33 am

"You are nerds, but you are good-looking nerd"

... I'm not sure if you or google is trying to hit on me ;p
Calamity

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jiina on May 11th, 2011, 11:39 am

It's google.

;)
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Character sheet

Postby Calamity on May 13th, 2011, 12:57 am

Songs are not allowed to be this addicting.

It is making it hard for me to write angst, damnit! >:(

Calamity

Office
Scrapbook

Next