[Stone Gardens] These Stones Will Shout (Devlin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 10th, 2011, 10:39 pm

12th of Spring, 511 AV

When Kendall was alone he tried to let a bit of himself shine through. When no one else was looking there was not a reason to hide. As he walked through the garden he sang quietly to himself. He missed the days back in Zeltiva when music came so easy to him. He missed his beautiful soprano voice. More so, he missed the way people complemented him. They had said he was good enough to be a professional, or maybe that had just been his family. Things from back then seemed to becoming more and more like a haze each day. It was like it was another life. It was painful. There was no doubt about that. So many of his hobbies had gone out the window because he had changed. Quietly he began to sing, making the words up as he went along.

"There is a home a left so long ago
I wish I could return
But there is something here that has set my soul aglow
I cannot leave now
No matter how hard I try
It now seems as though I will never be able to say goodbye"

He tried to keep the words short incase someone was listening. He did not want others to hear. He could not help the feeling bubbling up inside of him though. He missed dancing so much. He had tried to dance since becoming stuck in this body but the steps seemed to be different for males. He could not dance like a girl anymore. As he walked through the garden he slowly started to throw little dance steps into his pace. It seemed to work for about a second until his foot caught on a stone making him stumble forward. It was quite evident he needed more work in his dancing. He really wanted to get better. He had someone he wanted to dance for.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Devlin Parker on May 10th, 2011, 11:13 pm

The uneven ground of the Stone Gardens was proving difficult to navigate through as Devlin tried to place his cane somewhere it would not slip on the stones. Still, he didn't turn back as the place seemed to be quite beautiful, and he had never wandered into this particular region of Syliras. He made his way towards one of the stone benches, walking slower than usual as he carefully concentrated on his footing. Noticing how much more energy this took out of him, He was rather grateful that the streets throughout the city were so flat.

Finally reaching the bench, he breathed a sigh of relief as he sat down, and leaned his cane on the bench next to him. After taking some time to look around at the gardens, he pulled out the Mandoline strapped to his back and gingerly placed it on his lap. He started adjusting some of the tuned out strings when he heard a sound coming from somewhere behind him, very faint. For a second he could have sworn his guitar had learned how to sing, but quickly dismissed the ridiculous theory. The voice grew a little louder and he could barely make out the lyrics, but then stopped.

That was rather nice, he thought to himself as he finished adjusting the strings properly. Then he started testing out some basic chords, fitting them to the tune he had just heard. he came up with about three different beginner chords to shift between and a simple strumming pattern, and played it over a few times to get used to it. With a low, husky voice, he continued the song,

"Pacing through a silent reverie
The stones speak sounds, or so it seems
No matter the time I waste
I can never quite see this stranger's face"
Devlin Parker
Tip of the hat to you good sir

Words: 11025
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on July 24th, 2011, 3:13 am

Kendall walked quietly across the stones. He was not sure why he was still walking, he just did not feel like stoping. His eyes scanned the garden around him, looking at the foliage and of course the fountain. Something else caught his eye though. A man walking unsteadily in the garden. He seemed to be walking with a cane over the stones. Almost a bit too hastily, Kendall walked over to his side. "Excuse, me can I help you? You seem to be having a bit of trouble." He offered his arm out for the man to lean on. If the man accepted the help he would have guided him to one of the benches in the gardens so he could sit.

"What song were you singing? I've never heard it before." He tried to seem open to the man would not feel uncomfortable about a stranger trying to help him. "I am Ken by the way. What is your name?"
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Templar on September 28th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Kendall: Singing: 3 – Poetry: 2 –
Lore:

Devlin: Singing: 3
Lore:

Additional notes: Herp derp derp
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account