[Aleath's Scrapbook] Enter at you own risk

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aleath on April 30th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Just a few statements I want to make:

1) Congratulations to Prince William an Kate!
2) Good luck to Czech hockey team in the World Championship! I won't miss any match.
3) Again, weekend is here and many responsibilities came, so my activity will be decreased.

Character sheet Scrapbook
Aleath
Player

Words: 37223
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 2:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Aleath on May 12th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Phew...these last two weeks were crazy. As the exams approach I am more and more stressed about it so I've been reviewing all my class notes and reading required books. Unfortunately I didn't have any energy to write something normal, so I apologize to those who were waiting for me. Hopefully I will have more time now.

There is still many things on my "to do list", but I've been thinking about making another flashback thread in Summer or Autumn 510, when Aleath was travelling from Syliras to Avanthal.

I don't know if I should make a solo thread. I'm bit afraid of these. It would be my first one and I'm afraid of doing it wrong. Also, I'm afraid that I would run out of ideas what to write, because when I see all those perfect solo threads that people here have, it seems that they have it planned from the beginning until the end and I'm not very good at it. Usually I start writing what's on my mind and see where it'll take me.

Well, I will see.

Oh yes, I almost forgot: Our hockey team is in semi-finals! Yay :) (Big event for me he he...)

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on May 12th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Pfft Veronika! You can do a solo thread, no worries! Just jump in and do it....live!!!!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aleath on May 25th, 2011, 8:30 am

This is what I feel like right now...
It's here again... :

Anyway...I started the solo thread finally, but now I will have to wait until the exams are over and then I will continue with it :)

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on June 2nd, 2011, 12:37 pm

That's it. I finally went mad :D

In the morning I was revising for one of my exams, which will be in a week and suddenly I was struck with an idea of a character for Mizahar. So I immediately went to write it up to my computer before I could forget it.

It's nowhere near done, it's more like a skeleton, but you can have a look and tell me what you think.

The character is completely different from Aleath, so it's no cute, naive angel, but I would say a complete opposite. I don't know. I will see where it takes me :)

Edit: Heh...now I think it is pretty much done :)

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cora Greenberg on September 21st, 2011, 9:12 pm

I realized that I haven't posted anything in a long time in here so I'm correcting it now. As Cora is now my priority over Aleath, I'm going to post on this using Cora. This is not going to be a long post, but rather a musical entry. This (and other pieces from the soundtracks) I am always listening when writing something. I find it very inspirational :)

Last edited by Cora Greenberg on November 6th, 2011, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never let formal education get in the way of your learning.
- Mark Twain -
“There’s no point being grown-up if you can’t be childish sometimes.”
Cora Greenberg
Player

Words: 16688
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2011, 9:57 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cora Greenberg on September 30th, 2011, 8:34 am

Couple of days ago I decided to register to an English international exam CAE. It's an advanced exam, which (if I pass) will help me to find a job. There are five levels: KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE.

I've been in contact with English since I was 4, but real learning started when I was 8. I should be able to pass the exam, but now I'm in doubts. It's rather expensive and if I fail...

I borrowed tons of textbooks and materials from a company which is organizing these exams, so I will be revising grammar and vocabulary, but that's not what I'm worried about. It's the speaking section. I'm very shy and I will be speaking to people who I don't know...

I'll see what I can do about it. I'm telling myself that if I pass I can work at some language school and that's what I always wanted.

(Completely unrelated) Note to myself: Never ever eat frozen pizza again. Yuck!
- Mark Twain -
Cora Greenberg
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cora Greenberg on November 6th, 2011, 9:24 am

This video made me think (the middle part of the video to be more precise).

Does refusing help from other people make me arrogant?

I mean, yes, from time to time I act "tough" even though I know that I need help, because I see other people managing well and I feel embarrassed asking them. For example when there are some really heavy door and I have trouble opening them, somebody asks me if I need help and I smile and say: "No thanks, I can manage." I manage to open them eventually, but I'm exhausted afterwards.

I ask myself, is it really so hard to just ask somebody for help? For me it is. It's stupid really, but I feel like I need help most of the time. I can't even go outside alone (to some far places), because of the curbs etc. so I need somebody to go with me and I just feel... useless.

Not to mention the fact that my parents are afraid to let me go somewhere alone and sometimes I am angry at them for that, because I feel stupid in front of my friends when they invite me somewhere and I have to go with one of my parents...grrr! Explaining it to my parents is useless. Believe me, I tried. Many times.

Back to the "refusing help" thing. So I admit that I act tough from time to time, but I feel that people think that I am just too arrogant to admit that I need help even though I really don't. For example when I drop something. It's easy to bend down and pick it up. I admit that people can't know what I can or can't do, but I still feel, that when I refuse their help about something simple as this, they feel insulted. I don't know, maybe it's just my imagination, but I can't help it....

Have you ever offered to help a disabled person? How did they react?
- Mark Twain -
Cora Greenberg
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous