[Stormhold Beach]Consideration (Sasin & Kadurro)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Stormhold Beach]Consideration (Sasin & Kadurro)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 19th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Sasin frowned as he considered the man in front of him, and his choice of words. He started considering his motives, as assassins were wont to do. A large scale operation. Not an assassination then, unless Kadurro wanted him to kill someone very important, like the Pressor, or whatever human equivelant there was. With the way the man was acting, it was definitely shady. Most likely a theft then. Not that it mattered. A job was a job, and, since he didn't really have anything else to do, he could do this.

"Alright then. Let's talk details."
Catching sight of the kelvics, he frowned. Too dangerous. "Not here though." With that, he turned, and walked off towards a deserted area of the beach. He shivered slightly as the cold hit him. Gah, he really hated winter. He had been born in a desert, and he really, really hated cold. Why, oh why he had come here, he really didn't know. Shaking himself out of his mental ramblings, he headed towards a more sheltered area of the beach, and turned, hoping the human had the sense to follow him.

"Now,"
he said coolly, making sure that no one was around "let's talk details, and we'll see just how much I like this plan of yours."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Re: [Stormhold Beach]Consideration (Sasin & Kadurro)

Postby Kadurro on January 20th, 2010, 3:06 am

He followed Sasin away from the festival, the winter breezes of Syliras comfortably hitting his face, paling in comparison to the weather he had grown up with in the north. Once they were far enough away from the celebration, Sasin turned and faced him. "Now," Sasin said coolly, making sure that no one was around. "Let's talk details, and we'll see just how much I like this plan of yours."

"Alright. The 'master plan', so to speak, is simple. However, the setup required for everything to happen will take an astounding amount of work. I believe that you may have some things that I'm looking for: stealth and cunning, to name a few."

Kadurro shifted uneasily, holding his hands behind his back. "Unfortunately, I can't say that it will be easy work. Even worse, I can't offer you any payment until after the job is complete." He bit his lip in his hesitation. "And here's the real kicker. You see...due to the nature of this job, I can't go into the specifics of what you'll be required to do until you've agreed to do it. And I'm worried that even telling you what the final objective will be would be enough to frighten you away."

"But! I wouldn't be asking you if you were interested in this if I didn't think you had what was necessary. I can tell you that this job will pay extremely well. I can also tell you that if everything goes according to plan, then the chances of this job being life-threatening are slim to none."

He hadn't let Sasin get a word in during his whole explanation, fluidly moving from one sentence to the next; he was slow enough for his words to sink in, but fast enough to avoid any interruption. "So now, before we get into any real specifics, I'm going to be blunt; I will tell you exactly what we will be doing, but not how we will be doing it, and I will leave it to you to decide if I'm brave or a fool."

Kadurro took a deep breath and relaxed, his eyes a dim gold, revealing his inner satisfaction. He had been thinking about this for nearly thirty days, and the fact that he could now finally get this thing off of his chest made him happy. While it would be nice if Sasin accepted, it no longer mattered if he said "yes" or "no"; he had been itching to tell someone about his plans for quite some time, and now that he had been able to get at least some of it out in the open, it was very relaxing, very satisfying.

"Sir, I am inviting you into a grand scheme, one that ordinary people would consider to be insane, or pure fantasy at best, but I assure you that it is possible, and can be done."

"Sir, we are going to rob the Miza Mint."
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Words: 14187
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2010, 10:45 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 20th, 2010, 6:33 am

Sasin frowned as he listened. As a general rule, he required half now, and half on completion. Still, if it came down to that, he could always go back and rob the victim himself. And there was no way he was going to be scared off by a little danger. He lived dangerously, there was no way this would compare. And, apparently, if all went well, there would be no danger at all.

He hadn't been able to get a word in edge ways at all. He still had a thousand questions to ask.

"Sir, I am inviting you into a grand scheme, one that ordinary people would consider to be insane, or pure fantasy at best, but I assure you that it is possible, and can be done."

He humphed. He doubted that. He dealt with danger and insanity everyday. There was no way this would compare.

"Sir, we are going to rob the Miza Mint."

Sasin scowled. He knew it. This wouldn't be interesting at........"The Miza mint!?" He Shouted, then hissed incredulously. Was he serious? "What do you think I am, mad? Wait, don't anssswer that." He added hastily. He knew he did seem that way at times.

He sighed, rubbing his temples. Nervously, he began pacing, waving his arms around. "Thisss, thiss is madnessss." His accent came out in full when he was upset. "Thiss isss rediculouss, this is inssane. Almosst impossssible. Thiss is..this is.. This is a wonderful idea!" He was almost cackling with glee by now. This was too good.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kadurro on January 21st, 2010, 5:37 am

"This is a wonderful idea!"

Kadurro was, to say the least, startled by Sasin's reaction. The near-yell, the pacing and waving, and a very noticeable lisp that hadn't been so prominent before. I went too far at once, he had thought. But then it seemed that far from driving him away, Kadurro had achieved victory. Whether it was the allure of untold riches, or the thrill of being involved in something so amazing, or something else entirely, he wasn't sure. The "why" could be sorted out later.

He opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it. Surely, Sasin was filled with questions that needed answers. Now was definitely the time for them to be answered. So instead of talking, he just smiled. I knew it when I saw him, skill mixed with talent, and just a bit of moxie: with too much of either thing, and not enough of the others, you get scum; but with just the right amount of each, you end up with something different, something clever and awesome.

"So," he said, finding himself with a broad grin on his face. "Surely you have questions, yes?"
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 21st, 2010, 10:13 pm

"Surely you have questions, yes?"

Indeed he did. He was full of questions. "How much of this have you planned out already?" If he hadn't thought this out clearly, perhaps Sasin could nudge this in his favor.

"Who else is in on this?" He had two rules to live by. 1. Get paid. 2. Live to spend your money. He really didn't need a huge group 1. Taking all the money 2. Making noise and getting the knights involved.

"When are you planning to go for it?" He hadn't been planning to stay in Syliras, but hey, he wasn't about to give up this chance to humiliate the local citizens and get money at the same time.

"Just how much money are we planning to make off with?" This was vital. He needed to know just how much he could spend, so he could gauge just how willing to risk his life he should be.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kadurro on January 22nd, 2010, 3:04 am

"Let me answer them before I forget them," Kadurro chuckled. "As for how much has been planned, well...just about all of it. I'd be happy to put it all out plainly later."

"As for who else is working on this, at this particular moment, it's just you and me. However," he added on hastily. "I'm familiar with someone who can supply us with...tools. But he's not in on the job. Either way, it's really only a two-man job at this point."

"When...when, when, when...Hopefully by the end of the season. Perhaps a bit into early Spring, if luck isn't on our side. The sooner we can get started, the sooner we'll be done."

"And as for how much money," Kadurro added. "Well, I can guarantee you that I won't accept anything less than their biggest shipment. Of course, I really wouldn't advise spending it here in Sylviras, at least not for awhile. Each Miza is made different; if they catch on to the fact that a specific batch was stolen, then they wouldn't be any good in most places."

"Alright then, if you don't have any more questions, and if you're agreed to it, I'll tell you just how I plan to do it." Kadurro could barely contain his own giddyness. He now had an accomplice. In essence, at least. Whether or not he would be betrayed in the end was certainly something he was worried about, but he knew that even with his plans, his new partner wouldn't be able to pull them off alone. And if things turned out right, then he wouldn't have to worry about betrayal, either. "Oh, and by the way, I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves yet. Call me Kadurro." He extended an arm for a handshake, as a sign of partnership. "Just Kadurro."
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 22nd, 2010, 4:46 am

Sasin grinned as he listened. This was sounding better and better. He had a definite plan, which was good. They were the only ones in so far, which was even better. He didn't like sharing. Depending on how much he liked this man, he might or might not kill him and take his share. From what he had seen so far, he didn't think he would though. This man seemed far too fun. And he didn't kill fun people. Unless he was paid, of course.

The largest shipment. Ooh, that sounded like a lot. He was absolutely certain that this would be enough money. Even just his own share. He made a mental note to wait a few weeks, then skip town. Perhaps back to Ahnatep. He figured that a change of weather and scenery would be in order. Syliras was far too cold for his liking. Ugh, he was off topic again. The largest shipment. Ahhh. How satisfying.

He would agree. Of course he would. This had everything he loved. Danger, miza's and the satisfaction of a job well done. "Alright. I'll do it." He said. This was going to be an interesting winter.

He shook Kadurro's hand. "A pleassure to meet you Kadurro." This time, he was being honest. "I'm Sasin."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kadurro on January 25th, 2010, 6:59 pm

The handshake sealed the deal. "A pleasure indeed, Sasin. I'll make this as brief as possible; I have a feeling you're not a lover of cold weather."

"To start, we need more information. It's common knowledge that the Mint ships out Mizas to other places, all over Mizahar. But when do these shipments take place? Who protects them? How much is in each one?" Kadurro took a seat, the sand chilled by the nighttime weather. "There has to be some sort of ledger that keeps track of these things. But instead of a ledger, we want something more like...a schedule, of shipments that have yet to be made. Once we have something like that, we'll have what we need to make this work."

"As for right now, there isn't anything you have to do. Continue with whatever you were doing here in Syliras. When I've found some more information, I'll contact you. If you find some more information, then visit the Rearing Stallion after the twenty-second bell. I usually don't go more than a day or so without stopping by."

"Well," Kadurro said, standing up and brushing the sand off of his pants. "It was a pleasure meeting with you, Sasin. If you have any more questions, now would be the time to ask them," he stated, a smile on his face.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 25th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Sasin nodded as he listened to Kadurro. He didn't sit down though. "That may be the most important thing of all, but once we've established the route the target will be taking, we have to figure out the best place to ambush them in order to maximize our chances of winning, and minimize our chances of being discovered." He thought for a second more. "We'll also need to find out exactly where it's going. If it's a long distance, and they need to stop to eat, we could poison them, take the gold, and run. That way, we'll have more than enough time to get away before they find out. If it's a short distance trip, we'd have to figure out something else."

He, of course, was planning on spying on the Mint itself. He reminded himself to pack his notebook for tomorrow.

"It was a pleasure meeting with you, Sasin. If you have any more questions, now would be the time to ask them."

He shook his head. "That will do, Kadurro." He gave the Vantha a smile, and walked off.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kadurro on January 31st, 2010, 6:16 pm

"That will do, Kadurro."

And then he was gone. Good work, Kadurro, he thought to himself. It's starting. His mind now bubbled with the possibilities. Will it be as simple as all of this? Maybe Sasin will become captured? Perhaps he will try to kill me in the end? Kadurro laughed at the thought. "I suppose I'll have to work hard to make myself worth keeping alive."

He kicked the sand around him as he made his way back towards the rest of Syliras. The Fire Festival still burned through the night further down the beach, with its vibrant music, its dancing people, its happy spirits. I could use a drink, he thought to himself. I suppose the Stallion's as good a place as the Fire Festival for that, he mused, leaving the festival behind him, along with all the memories that the festival stirred within him.
Kadurro
Snarky Conman

Character sheet
Donor (1)