[Temple of all gods] Exuse me..Sir? (Kendall)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nathaniel on May 18th, 2011, 6:48 pm

52nd Day of Spring 511

Walking into the Temple of all gods Nathaniel was stunned by the beauty of it all. He looked from the pews to the stained windows and could only smile. He didn't worship any god but he felt like he should and if he should worship any god or goddess he should learn about them and what better way to learn than to go to a temple?

Nate let his eyes drift down and he saw many people praying and chanting and doing other such religious things. He walked forward in the direction of the front but not necessarily going there. Looking in the pews on both sides he was not surprised by any of the behavior until he reached a boy that appeared to be around his age and was crying. Sitting next to him he gently touched his shoulder and said, "Are you okay?"
Last edited by Nathaniel on May 19th, 2011, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nathaniel
Sometimes life takes a little time

Words: 8142
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 9:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 18th, 2011, 9:40 pm

OOCPlease put a timestamp on the thread
It occurred to Kendall that since he had made it to the city he had not seen the Temple of All Gods. He was not sure how open they would be to his kind of prayers but the place was called the Temple of All Gods. They would not be angered if an Azenth walked their halls, would they?

As he walked he sang quietly to himself. It was mostly to calm himself. He was a bit nervous to go to the temple alone. He never really liked to be alone. He was much better at it though. He was awkward and when someone was beside him a lot of the attention was taken away from him.

Once inside Kendall looked around the temple. It was beautiful, that was for sure. It reminded him a bit of being in the temple of Laviku back in Zeltiva. He walked slowly through the pews as he tried to think of what exactly he would pray for. He knew what he wanted but would praying help?

He sat down on one of the benches and closed his eyes. He tried to meditate as his thoughts reached out to Ivak. He thought of all that had happened and most of all, who he had met. "Thank you. Thank you for everything. I cannot believe everything that has happened since you marked me." He was not sure if his prayers would carry into the God's prison but he would try.

A sound broke through his meditation, ripping his eyes open. Someone was crying. He looked around until he saw a man near another man who seemed to be of a similar age. He walked slowly over to them both. "People come here to seek help from the divine. I think it is more than a question can handle." He did not mean to come off so sharply. He simply had a bit of a problem with people asking others out of no where what their problems were. Issues were personal and at least in his experience, they were not fixed as lightly as a simple hand on a shoulder or a kind question.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nathaniel on May 19th, 2011, 10:22 am

Nathaniel was almost sure that the boy was ready to talk or to at least stop talking when another boy seemingly around the age of both of them walked up. Nate raised an eyebrow and stood getting out of the pew. He looked into the eyes of the blonde boy and said in a cool and quiet voice, "Sometimes people just need to talk to other people. If someones crying of course i'm going to ask because in know i'd want someone to ask about me.. It shows that there still people out there that care."

Walking to one of the pews farther back in the temple Nate grew lightly angered. What was the point of having a god if it only made you not care about other people? If it made you shrink into your own little world? He sighed as he looked at the stained glass windows. How do you even know if you're worshiping the right god?
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nathaniel

Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 26th, 2011, 1:48 am

In the workings of emotion one would have to be blind to think that Kendall did not care. He was a deeply emotional being. The emotion just tended to be buried at times. He did not want to create issues with the man though. It was unfitting for a temple. People came to the temple to relax and pray, not to fight. "I suppose you are right. Excuse my intrusion." He did not turn to the crying boy though. He felt the waves of his emotion streaming from him. He was indeed upset. It was was clearly evident. The fact that he had caused such a responce out of the man helping him caused him to be a little embarassed to help though.

Kendall had thought he had done a good job of keeping himself calm. The man uttered a sentance that even his Azenth mark could not keep from causing a flare through his body. "What sort of question is that sir?" He muttered the last word with a hint of poison lining his words. "I've always been taught there are three things you don't question. Politics, Religion, and personal values. You do not know which Gods I worship. For all you know, I could worship the very same as you." He felt his wrist buzzing with warm energy. It was keeping his words soft but sharp. He was not the sort of person to squabble in a temple. The last thing he wanted to do was anger the Gods. They tended to have a strange sense of humor at times.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nathaniel on May 26th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Nate looked up at the man startled that he had heard his muttered sentence. He looked at the man and lightly shook his head and said gently. "You can't worship the same god and me dear sir, because i do not worship a god." He looked up at the boy, he noticed it had offended him but that wasn't want he cared about at the moment. "I came here hoping to find a god to worship actually.. you have to live for something bigger and better than yourself.. don't you?" He looked up at the boy his eyes soft and his head slightly tilted. Maybe, just maybe if he calmed him enough he could get him to stay and talk.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nathaniel

Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on July 24th, 2011, 2:40 am

Kendall did not have a lot of interest in talking to the man. He seemed to be looking for a fight. A fight that the blond did not want to take part in. "I guess you have no right to ask me about my religious views then." He spoke blunt but smooth. "Regardless, I'm not looking for a fight with you. This is a place of worship, not a place to fight." He hoped that talking calmly to the man would stop him from angering.

With a small sigh Kendall looked at the man. "Which God are you looking for? You know of the Gods, correct?" The blond did not agree with Nathaniel but he tried to keep the conversation friendly. "I don't think you have to live for something greater but at times it helps I guess."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Templar on September 28th, 2011, 2:33 pm

Nathaniel: Rhetorics: 2 -
Lore: 3 Questions one do not ask -

Kendall: Meditation: 1 – Singing: 1 – Rhetorics: 1
Lore:

Additional notes: To answer your question, no it is not your breath. It is the 2 months between their post and yours that killed the threads.
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office