Breakfast and Answers [Ethan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on May 13th, 2011, 8:36 am

Hadrian was glad that Ethan followed his advice, because he wasn't sure he could have overpowered him physically, or overpowered him magically without harming him. Perhaps he could have given him a quick hypnotic urge to release the power, but he didn't want to have to do that, even for Ethan's own good. Hypnotism would be a valuable tool, but he would always have to be aware of the ethics involved or he might end up becoming what people truly feared about magi.

It was a strange thing he did then, resting his hand gently on Ethan's head while he rubbed his eyes, a sort of gentle benediction, short and sweet. He knew all about the headaches that could come. His hand came away, though, not wanting to upset him.

"Perhaps I'll actually have to see to my muscles if I plan on flying someday," he said with a wry smile, then listened intently to Ethan's observations of his work, nodding encouragingly. "It makes sense. Your animal nature -- and I say that without any offense intended -- will have a certain influence on how you see the world. There are snakes that apparently can see heat through little glands on their faces. Bats' ears somehow gauge distance by how their voices echo. So you see heat signatures, see pulses. It will likely expand and grow as you work, but it's a good place to start.

"Well, I suppose I shouldn't turn down any sort of bodyguard," he said with a smile, taking the extra piece of meat and looking at it thoughtfully. "Going to Ravok, I'll need it. And, of course, if you pose as my slave, they won't take you away from me. They are particular about the type of people they allow in Ravok, apparently." He shook his head and smiled, taking a bite of meat, chewing and swallowing.

"Like I said, feed the body and it will support the spirit. It's rare to see a fat magus. They spend so much of their energy that it's difficult to keep anything on them. Anyway, I think... I think I would feel better having you around..."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on May 14th, 2011, 6:49 am

“Of course you'd feel better having me around!” He jested giving a triumphant grin. “Kelvics are natural care takers and companions.” Patting Hadrian on the back he pulled out a chair for him to sit in. Thankful that he chose to eat some more. Hadrian looked so thin as is.

“That will pose a problem though. I will have to introduce you to bones. Nothing weighs your stomach down like bones. And the Marrow is very delicious and healthy I'm sure.” Ethan took a seat in his own chair and started on the other strips of meat.

“I am glad you accepted my offer to guard you. It would be difficult to do without your permission. Your my teacher after all. I have to protect my own.” Ethan took a moment or two to think about the Ravok situation. It sounded like a dangerous place. The same as Sunberth just with a different name.

“Do they hate my kind or something? And I don't mind posing as your slave. I just don't like the sound of that place. Is it dangerous, and where is it, whats it like?? ” Stretching out his back, Ethan looked at Hadrian while he spoke. Trying to pick up on any facial signs of worry or fear. Trying to naturally gauge the threat level of Ravok.
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on May 15th, 2011, 8:16 am

Hadrian's smile was absolutely genuine. Of course, a part of him hoped that Ethan would bond to him, that he might have an eager student and helper forever, but he wasn't going to push it. There was too much an element of interpersonal relations involved, and that was not his strong suit. It would be terrible to bond if the bond would make Ethan unhappy at some point.

"Well, glad to have you watching my back with your eagle eyes." He grinned and murmured thanks when he sat down in the chair Ethan pulled up; it was really unnecessary, but nice all the same. "Bones. Yes, bring me bones if they are intact. Bones and talons and skulls. I can etch glyphs onto them, special glyphs, and that will bring out certain magical effects. Difficult to predict, the malediction, but sometimes powerful."

He began to eat without thinking, just because it was there and they were conversing. This didn't feel like a master-servant relationship, but friends. Hadrian generally always had something to teach even his most educated friends, so that was only natural.

"And speaking of bones, if I'm going to fly, I'll have to learn to make mine lighter without losing strength... hm... And oh, Ravok." He paused, thinking hard. "I think there is quite a bit of danger in Ravok, but hopefully we won't stay long. They don't like anyone who isn't human there. They'll try to enslave you if you aren't already a slave. So we can pretend you are. Kendall's friend Cathan is a Kelvic too and he'll have to pretend to be a dog or be a Kelvic slave... It's just acting a role to get through the culture. I promise."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on May 18th, 2011, 1:12 am

His teacher was hell bent on learning how to fly. It made Ethan smile, the thought and want was very flattering but he kept steady eyes while the other answered about Rovak. He had never heard of the place and wanted to make sure everything would be safe.

He didn't need to look for any concern on his face. It was in plain sight and he answered bluntly. He liked how Hadrian handled that but the answer was still very concerning. Danger to his new teacher and slavers about. The ideas of chains on his and whips on his back made him shudder.

“So it will be dangerous, huh?” Ethan sat in his own chair and scratched the stubble under his chin. He was still a young man around 18 in Human years, but he grew hair constantly. Extremely annoying in his opinion.

“Well if you need to go then I will follow. I will protect you as much as I can. And what about the people we travel with? Is Kendall another Hydromancer? And Cathan is a dog Kelvic?” He laughed, smiling wryly and looked off. “You better keep him close, they have a tendency to get lost.” he paused for a moment, letting his laughter pass. “It will be interesting to meet another Kelvic so soon.” He thought deeply on what that meant. Seeing another Kelvic reminded him just how much he wasn't like his kin. The thought made him wary and drowsy.

Blinking and rubbing his eyes with a hand he realized just how tired he really was. That dull weight still rested in his chest but now it came with terrible fatigue.

Stifling a yawn he spoke. “I understand the energy you put into Magic now. I am tired and I think I will go back to my inn room and nap. Perhaps we can meet again for more training?” The short flight home seemed like hours away. Especially having to shift two times just to get to his room.

With the idea of shifting came the slight annoyance of getting undressed and carrying that damn roll. With that thought, it suddenly hit him. He brought his clothes all this way and never changed. Cursing himself for being so dim, he smiled and blushed. His roll of clothes absentmindedly placed by the table leg closest to him. It was obvious all the commotion mixed with his comfort of nudity made him forgetful.

Ethan was quite impressed Hadrian having never said a word. Not feeling at all strange with a naked man running around his room. “I seem to have forgotten my sense's as well as my clothes.” He lifted the roll and smiled. “Your very comfortable with me if you didn't mention it at all.” He laughed and began unfolding the clothes. Separating trousers from shirt and started to change.

“When is the best time to meet again? I need a hunt soon though to stretch my wings though.”
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on May 18th, 2011, 5:02 am

Hadrian knew Ethan was scouring his face for answers, and he could only be honest. There was danger in stepping outside one's door everyday, or living in the wild as Ethan could, or traveling to Ravok. He nodded.

"You can always remain outside the city," he said. "Hunt the forests. Find us when we leave. If you practice, you should be able to pick out my aura from the air by then... But we aren't completely helpless. Kendall is a pyromancer; he shapes fire. Cathan is a wolf Kelvic, but I suppose we'll figure out what to do with him along the way."

He nodded knowingly at Ethan's weariness.

"You should rest some, practice a bit on your own, and we can work again soon. And, well..." He grinned and shrugged. "You haven't got anything I don't see on myself every time I make water. It's just a body. When you're here, I don't care. Just be comfortable. I'll try to leave the window open whenever I'm here so you'll know... Would it help if I tried to install a bar or something for you to perch on before you make your transformation?"
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on May 19th, 2011, 8:46 am

Ethan laughed loudly, reached over and patted Hadrian on the back. “Your a very interesting man to forget ridiculous shame. I like that a lot, especially in a teacher. And I will gladely take your permission to be naked. Clothes are terrible things for any Kelvic. Even someone as civil as I am.”

He thought long and hard about the idea of having a bar installed and this person that could shape fire. The idea of a Pyromancer was frightening and interesting at the same time. Although he was a little offended at the idea of leaving him while another Kelvic stayed at his side.

“I would be a coward if I let you face any dangers without me. Your my teacher and I won't let you get hurt. And I would like to see this Pyromancer! ” In all honesty fire scared him and the idea of any person controlling it scared him deeply. Although curiosity made him pushed those thoughts aside. After all Hadrian was a Hydromancer and a good man. If this Pyromancer was a companion of his he could only assume good things about him.

“When could we meet them? Are they in the city, I could always spy on them to get a better feel if you want?” He laughed a little at the idea of setting a bar into the window seal. “No thank you, but its nice of you to offer. If you did that I could get lazy. And a lazy animal is as useless and vulnerable as a pet. You can't take the easy way if you want to fly. You must always keep strong and fit. Doing things the hard way will help with that.”

Ethan talked a bit more and heard what Hadrian had to say about Cathan and the Kendall. After they exchanged words and goodbyes he gathered his things and wearily took flight from the window. He was so tired that he decided to screw waiting for the crowds to part for him to change quickly and perched on top of the Citadel close to Hadrian's window but far enough for him not to see.

The main reason was for comfort and convenience but a part of him simply wanted to watch over his new teacher. The thoughts and feelings were a little too disturbing for him to admit. Possession was the first step to bonding and that was something Ethan wanted to go into very carefully.
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on May 20th, 2011, 7:10 am

"If I was fit, I'd probably be keen to be naked too," he said, laughing a little. "As it is, I hide the skinny excuse for a body away. Anyway, I'll be happy to have you in Ravok, then," though of course he would be nervous for Ethan's safety, "and we'll try to meet up before we leave, but if we can't, you'll have plenty of time to get to know everyone on the road. Or in camp, as I suppose you'll want to fly. I know I would if I could.

"They're in the city, but we'll just have to see what happens, won't we?" He grinned. "They're learning Auristics as well. Apparently I'm suddenly this big teacher... I wish I was getting paid like a University professor."

Soon enough Ethan was crawling out his window and Hadrian tried to watch him off, but he must have missed the transformation because Ethan was already gone. Hadrian leaned out of the window, elbows on the stone sill, and stared. The future would be there soon enough.

FIN
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Archon on May 22nd, 2011, 7:00 am

Illumination of Development

Hadrian
  • +5 Teaching
  • +3 Rhetoric
  • +1 Auristics
  • +1 Reimancy

Lores: Accommodating a large bird, Ignoring nudity, Ravok (Basic)

Care to see more? :
Teaching experience of the large lesson, Rhetoric experience for the conversation, and Auristics and Reimancy experience for your little display of those magic skills.

Ethan
  • +5 Auristics
  • +3 Interrogation
  • +2 Rhetoric

Lores: Landing through a window, The feel of auras (Basic), Ravok (Basic)

Care to see more? :
Auristics experience for your learning of the craft, Interrogation experience for your inquisitiveness, and Rhetoric experience for your conversation.

Notes:A nice little thread for teaching Auristics. Just a little reminder Ethan, Syliras is not a city of streets. There are a few courtyards and open pathways, but the great majority of it is Stormhold Citadel. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous