Atyvn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Atyvn

Postby Atyvn on May 29th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Atyvn
(ah-t-veN)

Physical Information
    -Race: Vantha
    -Birth: Season of Winter, Day 39, 490 Age: 20

Physical Description
    Atyvn stands just at 5'10" and weighs around 130 pounts. His body is lithe for a male, yet still obviously toned. He has "tall, dark, and handsome" going for him, but he isn't over-the-top good-looking. He has medium-ish length, dark brown hair and normally has calm grey-ish blue eyes (which, being a vantha, will change.)

Character Concept
Atyvn is as much an extrovert as he is an introvert, more than willing to spin tales of adventure and excitement but also often found lagging behind the group quietly with inner thoughts and turmoil. He only trusts people he feels he can truly trust and he isn't afraid to tell you how much he trusts you, unless of course, he feels you shouldn't know. He sometimes comes off a bit harsh when put under pressure, whether externally or internally, but tries to keep a calm and open mind to most. Though not easily tempered, he easily annoyied which normally leads to biting wit and sarcasim now and again. The annoyance is usually caused by someone whom he thinks to be an idiot or someone who has done something idiotic. Though, his teasing can come to those he knows that can take it. The reoccuring memories of his father's death seem to always surface themselves whenever there is a period of silence or whenever a reference to his necklace is made. He still reflects on his part in his father's death and normally blames himself for his father's demise. Killing another being disturbs his thoughts relentlessly, but he is comfortable with protecting himself and others he cares for or a companion if absolutely necessary. He can pass people in trouble with little problem, but passing a child in danger is something he would have great difficulty doing and sometimes someone who he thinks deserves saving. Above all, he is concern with his and his companions' (if any) survival. He has always wanted to leave Avathal, not because he dislikes his hometown, but because of his desire to travel. Once he heard of Ionu and the god/godess' followers, he decided to make Alvadas his first stop when he would be able to travel and dreams of Ioni bestowing the gift of Illusionism upon him so he could spin his tales with more excitement. And also to have good fun annoying people. Even as he dreams of traveling, he doesn't think that he would be able to travel the world.

Character History
    Past: Aytvn grew up with a mostly quiet life with his immediate family, which he cares for deeply. Even though he is apart of the Skyglow hold, he does not particularly form connections outside of his immediate family members. He always had looked up to his father, a hunter, and cherished every word spoken from his mouth. Though in his later years of childhood, he did not always follow them. He was always the one to hang back until he knew he could come in and shine with stories, never wanting to always be in the spotlight like some of his friends. He took up carving at the age of seven when his father asked him if you wanted to try, his father being a decent carver himself and Atyvn took after his father in prefering ivory to carve their little statues and pendants, though he was never good at it. When he was old enough that his mother let his father, Bretn, take him hunting with him, he took a liking to the scimitar even though he was taught to use a bow for most hunting. The season before his sixteenth birthday, his father gave him a wooden practice scimitar. He snuck out of the city to "adventure" alone which landed him in mortal danger. His father found him in time to save the boy but died from from the injuries he had received. In the following years, Atyvn secluded himself by always going out and practicing his archery skills. Though he did finally open himself back up to his family and a few friends, he never was quite the same especially when he would venture off in his own thoughts.
    Now: Atyvn resides in Avanthal with his family, waiting for his chance to leave the city. He trains alone every now and again just outside the city with his bow and scimitar using a crude dummy as a target.

Skills
    -Short Bow: 15/100 (13pts from SP) (+2)
    -Bowing and Fletching: 7/100 (7pts from SP)
    -Swordsmanship(Scimitar): 11/100 (10pts from SP) (+1)
    -Wilderness Survival: 10/100 (10pts from SP)
    -Hunting: 10/100 (10pts from SP)
    -Storytelling: 10/100 (10pts from RB)
    -Observation: 3/100 (+2) (+1)
    -Interrogation: 4/100 (+2) (+2)
    -Carving: 1/100 (+1)
    -Jewlery Making: 1/100 (+1)
    -Rhetoric: 1/100 (+1)
    -Seduction: 1/100 (+1)

Gnosis
    First Mark of Morwen

Languages
    -Fluent: Vani
    -Basic: Common
    -Poor: Jamourian

Lores
    Surving Through Unforgiving Winters (Starting Package)
    Telling A Story: How to Keep Them Interested (Starting Package)
    Sneaking Out
    Fighting a Wolf
    Watching Your Father Fight
    Watching Your Father Fall
    Identifying a Kelvic
    Taking a Chance
    Holds of Avanthal (Basic)
    Dreaming of Her
    Being Nervous Around a Girl
    Hiding Your Emotions
    Feeling Attraction for Another
    Accepting Renaria's Bond

Equipment/Possessions
    -Scimitar
    -Shortbow
    -30 Shortbow Arrows
    (All the following is from Starting Package)
    -One necklace with a carved ivory pendant of a holwing wolf's head, stained from years of wear, which was made by and given to Atyvn from his father, Bretn. (Heirloom)
    -Thick dark leather coat with hood
    -Thick dark leather pants
    -Thick leather boots
    -Leather gloves
    -White cotton shirt
    -Backpack
    -Comb
    -Soap
    -Razor
    -Eating knife
    -Flint and steel
    -Waterskin
    -Tent, one person
    -50ft of rope
    -Latern
    -Bed roll

Ledger
-100 gm (Starting Package)
-85 gm (Steel Scimitar)
-55 gm (Shortbow)
-53 gm, 50 sm (30 Shortbow Arrows)
Last edited by Atyvn on June 17th, 2011, 5:48 am, edited 25 times in total.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Words: 34589
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2011, 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Atyvn

Postby Atyvn on May 31st, 2011, 3:31 am

Picture of Atyvn

100 Questions with Atyvn

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Atyvn Skyglow
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Ren always calls me Aty, but other than that everyone just calls me Atyvn.
3. How old are you?
I will turn 21 this winter.
4. What is your height?
5 foot 10 inches
5. What is your weight?
130 pounds

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
See myself? I see myself as... the extrovert introvert. I talk to whoever wishes to be friendly and doesn't annoy me, but I keep most revealing information in. I also don't think I am that bad in the looks department.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
That guy that is talking to them for no other reason than to talk. Well, except the people who know what happened to my father. They look at me with either pity or disdain and I resent that, though I never let it get to me...
3. What is your favorite body feature?
Um... eyes? You can tell so much from eyes because those hold pure emotion... vanthas more than most, I guess.
4. How physically fit are you?
I am active and toned, but I don't overly stress my body for the sake of doing it. I'm a hunter and plus I have to keep up with Ren so... yeah.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Outside in the snow, normally in my leather attire to keep out the moisture from the snow. Lounging about though, a plain cotton shirt and pants. I prefer clothing that looks pretty sharp, but I always look for the practicality in the clothing before wearing it.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mother is Nora Skyglow. She is a normal mom with a few strict quirks, but I know she cares. She prefers to be immersed in her art work than family matters and she will tell you exactly what she is thinking and isn't afraid to be critical, but she does have a nuturing side.
My father was Bretn Skyglow. He was a very calm man and prefered to put himself out in the Reaches, but mainly in the forests, to think and hunt. I adored him and he was my hero. He always lent a helping hand if he was able to people who were worse off.
I always wondered how if my parents truely were in love with each other. I mean, I knew they loved each other, but they were never... you know what I mean.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I almost had an older sister, but my parents had a miscarriage.
3. What is your extended family like?
Read a book about Skyglow. Trust me, it's exactly how it says they are.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I consider a close friend is very valuable, but your family is where you come from. I could definately say I hold my close friend with high regards than my family, but that doesn't make them less important.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Depends if I'm aiming an arrow at them or not.

Avanthal
2. Where do you live now?
You guessed it, Avanthal.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I prefer Avanthal, but I've barely any knowledge on what life is like outside the snow.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Away from the city.
5. Where do you fear to be?
Places where there are a lot of people in a very small area. I feel like someone is going to drive a dagger into my side or something. But truth be told, I really just don't feel comfortable when crowded within a few inches of everyone.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
No, but I have a few scars from the night my father died on my side right at the bottom of my rib cage.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak fluent Vani, my native tongue and I speak decent Common. I know a few words of Jamourian, enough to make a few sentences, but that's about it.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I... don't know. I don't think I do.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
No and never will.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Technically I don't have a job, but I hunt to keep a few coins in my pocket, so I guess hunter.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I enjoy the quiet hunting offers. It gives me time to reflect and I enjoy nature. Well, nature in Avanthal. I've never seen anything but snow and trees.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
Sometimes I wish I was a wolf... or for a stretch at that, a kelvic wolf. I know nature, but I can only wonder what it's like to live it as a creature who inhabits for their entire life.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
...? I don't admire jobs. I admire the people who do hard work.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
I don't know, I haven't had the pleasure of working that many jobs.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
Normal. I played, I talked, I was curious. I guess the only difference was I didn't make a lot of friends. Or really, didn't have a lot of people I would consider friends.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
...the night my father died.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
A "don't piss me off or make the hold look bad" relationship with my mom then and now, though she was a bit more nuturing then. Dad was my hero and he was my teacher of life and how it worked.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
My father, Bretn.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
A normal vantha education? I mean, I'm literate and all.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I like to learn of things that intrest me.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
From my father and learning first-hand.
4. How do you learn best?
Spoken word and actions.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I want to know more of Ionu and what the world is like outside of Avanthal.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I do over time or when circumstances drive me close to them.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I trust people to a small extent until they prove I can or can't trust them more or less.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I was straight for most of my life, but during that period of reflection on life and people, I grew attracted to men as well as women. Though, I hold more desire for women.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Yeah, I was fourteen and it was to my first cursh, but that didn't last very long. Teenage thing, I guess.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
Um, yeah... Never with someone I was devoted to, I must admit.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
No, but I've been a little loose with the tongue before.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Whiskey, rum, scotch. The hard, coloured stuff.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
No and I never plan to.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I believe a glass of whiskey every once in awhile to knock the edge off life is good, but never to the point of being drunk. Drugs are... pretty bad shit. Excuse my language, but people just need to keep away from drugs. They aren't natural.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
Hunting. Training with a sword. Guy stuff. Sometimes carving.
2. Do you like to read?
I don't dislike reading, normally books have valuable information. But as far as storys go, I'm a vantha man, I prefer to speak them.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Lieing. I can understand keeping a few things from people to not hurt them, but straight-out lieing is what I do not tolerate. I prefer you tell me the truth, no matter how bad it is before you lie to me.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Hunting. Or looking at the night sky when Morwen's Lights are out.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
I don't get embarrassed too easily, but when I'm made a fool sometimes.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
A rich blue.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Dusk.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
One day, about a year before my father's death, him and I saw a blue, green, and purple display of Morwen's Lights when we were out hunting. Something just... touched me that night, I don't know how to explain the feeling.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I like... meat. Not raw, but just cooked enough to where there is a little blood left. And not stringy meat either, soft and tender meat. Oh, and spicy foods. Though, I dislike pretty much all bitter and sour foods and food that is overly sweet.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Snow. I heard about weather called rain, the traveler said it was like snow, but it didn't freeze in the air and was still water. I really want to see something like that.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I can be either or at times.
2. What are your religious views?
I am one of Morwen's children and I respect her and value the gift she has given me, but I am not an overly religious person. I know the gods and goddess are real, (where else could these marks come from?) but I don't feel the need to devote my life to them.
3. Would you be able to kill?
Would I be comfortable killing creatures other than monsters and animals? No. Would I kill for my saftey or someone I care for? Yes.
4. What are your views on sex?
It- Well... I enjoy it, if that's what you're asking.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Having a purpose.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
I killed my father... but I won't go into that.
The best thing was walking up to that snow leopard, who was Renaria.

2. What is your greatest regret?
Sneaking out of Avanthal that night... Not turning back when I started to realize it was a bad idea... Shooting my father, damn it.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
Do you really need to ask at this point? Bonding with Ren was my best and my father's death was my worst...
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I point you to #2.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
Truthfully, I'm not too proud of anything I've done in my life yet.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Depends. If it's Ren, I am as honest as possible except when it is something small and nothing to worry her about. Everyone else I try to keep personal things personal.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I try not to keep them, but I only know about races outside of Avanthal from what I'm told about them which is more than likely prejudices.
3. What makes you happy?
Spending time with Ren and getting some quiet.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
Renaria.
5. What makes you angry?
Lieing. And idiots, which consists of people of excell at using the seven deadly sins.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
I give everyone a chance at being a friend until I'm proven otherwise. Most of the time judgement is passed on how the act or talk, whether it's to me or not.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Renaria. She's... well she's my love.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
My father. Or at least I did when he was alive. I guess that leaves my mother then.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
Renaria. Though, I don't think that fits under spouse.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why.
I'm... ok with a bow and scimitar, but Ren would protect me no doubt.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I could go either or. Argueing is sometimes funny for me, especially if the person gets really worked up about something silly. But overall, I tend to be calm.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I do to an extent. I'm more of a... second-in-command kind of guy. Not that I wouldn't mind being the boss.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Depends on what you mean by large. I don't like crowds, if that's what you are asking.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
I care about what Ren thinks of me. And I care about what my close friends think of me to an extent.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
I... judge people after a few minutes of interaction of some type.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
That I'm trustworthy and I believe I have good morals.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
My inability to reconcile with things I've done.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My inability to understand what is beyond me... I only wish to know what is blurred in my knowledge.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Extroverted for the most part, but I have plenty of introverted spells.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
I keep organized messes.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
Appealing how? I only wish to serve Morwen and Ionu and I don't think they are at differences.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
I don't know of too many gods/goddesses, but I think I am a bit afraid of Ivak and anyone with any sense about general history knows why. Not including the fact that I'm a follower of Morwen.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
I have Morwen's first mark and I've had it since birth, I believe.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
Whatever they ask of me. As long as it did not bring harm to Ren or innocents, I belive I would do anything.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
Morwen has never asked anything ill from anyone, or at least not that I know of. But if Ionu accepts me... I don't believe I could kill for the sake of killing, but I don't believe Ionu would ask for something like that without a reason.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
Ren, I mean, she's the first person I think I have ever truly loved and been in love with.
2. What is the best part of life?
Seeing that smile on Renaria's soft lips.
3. What is the best part of death?
I think it would be the peace.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Old age. Or preferrably, never.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I wouldn't care if I was remembered by someone I never knew.
Last edited by Atyvn on June 20th, 2011, 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Atyvn

Postby Atyvn on June 2nd, 2011, 1:42 am

Threads I'm In
(In chronological order)

The Past
(Spring 511 AV and before)
That Unforgotten Day (37th of Fall, 506 AV)
Mom, Vannis, I Have Bad News (37th of Fall, 506 AV) (In Progress)
So Much For Hunting... (23rd of Fall, 508 AV) (In Progress)
Oh, Hey There Little One (85th of Winter, 510 AV)
Sunlight on the Snow (73rd of Spring, 511 AV)

Now
(Summer 511 AV and after)
Playing The Part (4th of Summer, 511 AV)
A Morning Hunt (20th of Summer, 511 AV) (In Progress)
Strings and Blood (39th of Summer, 511 AV) (In Progress)
Last edited by Atyvn on July 12th, 2011, 3:00 am, edited 14 times in total.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Atyvn

Postby Atyvn on June 5th, 2011, 3:35 am

People I've Met

Some Lines I've Liked
"Anyways let's do what we are trained to do... You track and shoot and I'll just brain anything that gets to close. Capisce?" ~Darren WhiteVine

"Do you have a house here? And do you fight bears with your sword? And do you like snow? And cats?" ~Renaria, a snow leopard kelvic
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook