[Flashback]Oh, Hey There Little One[Renaria]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Atyvn on June 14th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Atyvn's awkward curiosity was pushed away with a softening gaze. "Atyvn. Of Skyglow hold." he added, even though he couldn't be certain she knew the holds of Avanthal. His mind wondered about now about this new friend. Simply because he made the gentle gesture at friendship, how was his future affected now? How would he affect her future? Or would they just have this brief meeting and then go their own ways?

While the rhetorical questions swarmed through his mind, his eyes never took their focus off the girl. He secretly adored her hair, keeping that secret from even himself. She would likely play a part in his life. What he didn't realize is that how much a part he could play in hers since her life was much shorter than his own. "What brings you here, if I may ask?" he asked and gave another warm smile.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Words: 34589
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2011, 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 14th, 2011, 7:42 pm

"Atyvn." The girl repeated his name so she could commit it to her memory. It was a habit she had picked up, where from was unknown, but she always seemed to do it. The smile still lit her young face, still gazing up at the man. She was aware of the holds of Avanthal, but she knew not what they were. All she had learned was that people lived in different ones depending on what they were best at.

She decided that she liked Atyvn. Renaria wasn't one to grow close to people; she had no real friends aside from her tutor, but even he was gone now. "My teacher brought me here. I like the snow and I can stay in it without getting cold." She paused and thought for a moment. Her logic was brilliant and she was intelligent, but still being young she sometimes found it hard to say what she meant. "But I don't really have anything to do." And then, like any child with over-the-top curiosity, she fired questions at him.
"Do you have a house here? And do you fight bears with your sword? And do you like snow? And cats?" She checked herself, biting on her bottom lip and fishing up some forgotten manners. "I'm sorry. I haven't talked to anybody in a little while." She blinked up at him, innocence and apologies in her eyes.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Words: 55485
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Atyvn on June 14th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Atyvn desperately tried to hold back a laugh at the young girl. He knew without any doubt now that she was young even by her own kind's standards. But he, a hunter, knew even the young were smart and clever, no matter how many questions they fired. Animals learned differently than humans and he respected that, though he never quite understood it. It was like they just knew what their life was meant to be. He marveled at this before but he could never conclude the discussion in his head.

He regained himself and his composure, but a grin was still stuck to his face from reading what the girl wanted to know from her questions. But never-the-less, he happily answered her questions with a bit of playfulness as he entertained himself as well. "I live with my family in Avanthal, though I have a room to myself since I'm of age." he said and paused so the girl could catch his words. He continued on, saying that he was a hunter yet he never fought a bear and that he loved the snow because it told him Morwen loved her children. "And I do enjoy companionship, especially of the warm fluffy kind." He already grew a bit soft towards the girl and he scolded himself for it mentally. She was a curious young girl that happened to be a kelvic and he just had a soft spot for children, girls, and animals.

But he felt comfortable that she had no ulterior motives against him so he invited the feelings in and the questions. He casted a calm blue gaze at her that held warmth in his words. "Would you like to come with me?" he offered. No one at the hold could go against him about having her there. He reasoned with himself that he was of age and that she was a kelvic and if anyone asked he would say she was indebted to him somehow. Maybe he was getting ahead of himself, but it never hurt to have a plan.
Last edited by Atyvn on June 14th, 2011, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 14th, 2011, 9:01 pm

Renaria listened intently as the man answered her questions, the smile on her face mirroring that on his own. She wondered briefly what it was like to live with a family; she couldn't remember living with her own very well. Even though it was only a short while ago, she had to grow up quickly, and now only snippets remained, just a few small events that had embedded themselves in her mind. Of course, she knew that one day she would find out, after all her bondmate was around somewhere - Ithus had told her that.

She also wondered why he had never fought a bear, even though he was a hunter. Her gaze slid quickly to the Icewall Gates, the two guards and their kelvic companions just in sight. Perhaps they weren't allowed to fight bears? She refrained from asking him though, as he was already answering her next question. Renaria's smile grew and she nodded. She knew little of Morwen, but she did know that she was the one who gave them the snow, and for that the young kelvic loved her.

She met his gaze with one of her own. "Go into the city with you?" She paused, before nodding enthusiastically. "Yes please!" She had only been into the city once before, when Ithus was with her, though they had stayed for a mere couple of bells. She had hardly seen any of it at all, and the thought excited her. She would wait for the man to lead the way before following - no doubt her little stride wouldn't match up well enough to keep next to him.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Atyvn on June 14th, 2011, 9:31 pm

"Of course. And I'll get you a hot meal." he said softly, extending his hand to her. His heart and mind danced with excitement of such a unique friend he had made. Things would be different, he knew, if she stayed by him. Hopefully she liked to travel or at least visit a few places. But then his mind stopped its folly. He barely knew anything about kelvics. He only knew they were animals with human forms and were loyal to whoever they chose or were chose by. Then that would make it a great chance that Renaria would already stay by his side until otherwise noted if she had made that connection with him just from his friendly gestures. No... no? he thought. No. I'm being foolish. She wouldn't do that so quickly. Would she? She is a child after all. But she'll age quickly, I'm sure. So in the future? Ok enough. he argued mentally with himself and then felt silly for doing so. There was so much he wanted to know, but didn't dare ask it for fear of upsetting her somehow.

Atyvn turned his gaze to follow hers that was on the gate. He only assumed that she would stay in her current form for now, but he looked her over and made a face of slight confusion. "Are your feet cold, Renaria?" he asked and glanced down at her feet. A problem that could easily be fixed if she wanted. he thought and looked back to her grey eyes and his shifted to a soft shade of blue.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 14th, 2011, 10:37 pm

The young kelvic's face lit up in a bright smile and she reached out to take the hand that was extended to her. Her own hand was tiny in comparison, Atyvn's fingers would be able to wrap right round it. Excitement probably emanated from her so much so that he would be able to feel it quite easily. If not, then it was written all over her face, and the way she was inadvertently tugging at his hand would also be a clue.

She looked back up at him when the question was asked, before glancing down at her feet. "Not really. They might be later though." She was used to the cold, and she seemed to take a lot longer to feel a chill that most people. The only problem with that was that when she did finally start to feel it, she got progressively colder very fast. Again she raised her eyes, catching his blue gaze with her grey one. She was happy to have found a friend; even solitary creatures needed someone every once-in-a-while. She tugged lightly on his hand again, waiting for him to lead her through the gates and into his home city.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Cheshire on June 16th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Character: Atyvn
Experience: Observation +2, Interrogation +2
Lore: Identifying a Kelvic, Taking a Chance, Holds of Avanthal (Basic)

Character: Renaria
Experience: Observation +3, Interogation +2, Camouflage +1
Lore: Recognizing Vantha, Nonverbal Cues, Showing Your Human Form, Holds of Avanthal (Basic)

Additional Note: Very cute thread guys! I really enjoyed reading it. I cannot wait to see their friendship continue! PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous