[Flashback] Sunlight on the Snow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Renaria on June 16th, 2011, 9:53 am

It's mine? Her eyes flicked back down to the pendant in Atyvn's hand. The smile that was tugging at the corners of her mouth broke and spread over her face. She looked back up at him, finding his eyes.

Something shifted then. Not physically; the world stayed level. Renaria had felt something in the air around her change. Her heart sped up and her breath hitched. She blinked and rearranged her face into a happy expression, but inside her thoughts had suddenly started to race round her head. She blinked at him as she realized; he was it. Atyvn was the one. She had no idea if he had felt anything, in any case he was completely oblivious to the life-changing thoughts that had just entered her mind.

When she spoke, her voice was a lot quieter."Thank you Aty." She knew that the bond was approaching. But she also knew that it couldn't happen without his acceptance. It had all happened in a matter of seconds. She was still looking at his eyes, shifting with the subtle hues of pink and blue. She said nothing else, her own grey eyes flicking from his to the pendant that was still sitting in his palm.

OOCJust a quick note - If you mention putting the necklace on Ren, or even just mention it at all, you could say that it has a long cord. That way, Ren wont have to take it off when she shifts back and forth.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Words: 55485
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Atyvn on June 16th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Atyvn's mind raced on what he should do considering her few responses. Once he had the necklace out, her responses were small but weren't thin. He didn't know if she liked it or it made her feel awkward or if she just didn't like it and was lying to his face or-

But her smile! When he had opened his eyes to see that smile, it was like everything washed away and he just knew she liked his gift. His lips slowly returned the smile with warmth to hide the embarrassment behind his teeth. "...let me put it on." he said abruptly, but still tried to hold his normal calm. He had already made the motion and leaned towards her to tie it around the back of her neck. "I made it intentionally long so you don't have to take it off when you shift forms." he said noting the length of the necklace as he remembered the fact.

OOCI had already thought about it earlier. :3 And I apologize for this post being so small, but the way I wanted it worded... I just don't see what I could add. -shrug-
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Words: 34589
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2011, 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 16th, 2011, 4:41 pm

She was watching his face carefully, searching for any sign that he might have felt anything. She didn't think that he had done. That, or he was hiding it exceptionally well. The smile that now graced his mouth seemed simply happy, with perhaps a little relief sparking in his eyes.

When he leant towards her she blinked in surprise. She had missed his first sentence, having been analyzing his features. She noticed how he was holding the necklace and realized that he was going to tie it for her. She held still while he did so, listening this time as he informed her of the nature of it's long cord. When he let go and sat back, her eyes met his and she gave him another smile before dropping her gaze to her new accessory. She lifted the pendant and turned it round in her hands before letting it go again. "I'll wear it always."

She glanced back up at him. There was no escaping it. It felt as if there was a tie, a ribbon between Atyvn and herself, pulling the two of them together. Emotion raged inside of her, things she had never felt before. She may look like a young woman, like someone who had already experienced the joy and sorrow of love and life, but really she was still a child. What she did know though, was that her whole future now hung on the man seated opposite her. She had discovered her purpose, discovered the person she was supposed to stay with. It was odd, perhaps, that it hadn't happened sooner, but now was not the time to dwell on such things.

Her eyes were still fixed on the blue ones of Atyvn. Her were suddenly sad, scared and happy all at once. When she spoke again, her voice was hushed. "Can you feel it?" She prayed that he could. She willed him to search his mind, his heart. She willed him to be able to feel this ribbon that was tugging them closer. "Please tell me you can feel it Aty..." Her voice hitched and broke, her eyes threatening tears. His face didn't seem to have indicated that he had, and she didn't know what she would do if he told her that he couldn't.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Atyvn on June 16th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Feeling the warmth on his cheeks only renewed it, the one voice in the back of his head continuously spurting out in frustration for it did not know what else to do. He had only a few brief stints here and there through his teenage years, which was normal, but he had never found anyone in Avanthal to be wed to. The other men of the holds gave him only a second glance for they never wanted to give their daughters to a man of no craft, even if his hold was the artistic Skyglow. He didn't necessarily mind, let that be said, though he did not always value the vast amounts of time alone.

Renaria had filled that time recently and he thoroughly enjoyed that. He enjoyed her and the little things they did now and again. It had only been a season, but were they meant to be together? Never one to rush things, his mind turned over and over to look at what was his heart. Both looked to each other for what to do, but neither could get a straight answer. He knew the stories of love and the heroes with the girls and the 'love at first sight' things, but there was just one thing. They weren't anything like those stories.

They had met in the Reaches based off of curiosity for the other. It just seemed too easy, almost. The feelings for her were now tugging at his heartstrings, wanting to just grab her in a hug and hold her there until they froze to death. The radical feelings of his heart beat relentlessly on the door of his conservative thoughts. Was it really this simple? His eyes were an indistinguishable color, a mixture of blue, pink, and yellow hues swirling about.

His voice fought its way through the turmoil of thoughts in his heart and mind. "I... I think I know." he said, always being awkward with words when they pertain to him personally. "I mean, I-..." His tongue did curse him so! Quit blathering like a fool and answer her straight! his voice of reason, and impatience, chimed in on his thoughts. "Yes..." he said in a hush.” I... believe I do."
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 16th, 2011, 11:04 pm

She was still watching him, searching his eyes for a sign. The Kelvic girl was terrified, but at the same time she could feel the overwhelming need to be accepted by him. Her mind was having it's own conflict. Snow Leopards were solitary; she had been living alone before she had met him, even staying out here by herself once they were friends. But she was also a kelvic, a creature made to be with another.

She glanced down and closed her eyes, the tears finally spilling over. He had been silent for what seemed like minutes, though in reality it was probably only mere seconds. Her mind was too confused to be able to tell the difference. He was going to say no to her. His silence was resounding in her head, and her hands clenched into fists in her lap.

"I believe I do." Her eyes opened and she snapped her head up. Atyvn was looking at her, his eyes an indistinguishable swirl of colour. The tears were still running down her cheeks and she made no move to wipe them away. "I..." She didn't know what to tell him. She couldn't bring herself to ask him anything more about it, so scared was she of him rejecting her still.

She drew in a quivering breath and blinked at him, dislodging yet more tears. "If it is not what you want, then please tell me. It... the bond can be halted." Her bottom lip quivered and she bit onto it. She didn't want him to say yes to her because he felt that he had to. If he was going to accept it, then it would be because he wanted it too. She couldn't bear to be a burden, trapping him from something that he would not be able to escape from.

She willed herself to look back at him; back into his eyes. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't wipe the tears from her own. She tried to calm herself down so that she could focus on whatever it was that he might say, and she tried to fight the overpowering feeling that he would reject her. Either way, the next words Atyvn would speak to her would set the course for the kelvic's future.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Atyvn on June 16th, 2011, 11:28 pm

When he saw her tears, something in his mind clicked. Something just switched over and he started thinking clear enough to ignore the swirl of emotions. Someone had to be level here, or at least so this new feeling made him think. But it wasn't some serious voice he had, it was him. That caring man that stayed below the surface until his soft presence was needed.

Atyvn reached up and softly touched her cheek, wiping away her tears from each side, and then cupped her cheek in his palm. "I won't have any of those tears." he said quietly and a soft smile slowly appeared from the corners of his lips. He rubbed more wetness away with his thumb and looked over her face but resting his gaze back on hers. The calm blue his eyes finally stayed on gave off his feelings of affection for the young, doubting kelvic. Oh Renaria... you worry too much... he thought sympathetically. He did not believe anything in this moment was going to deter him of his decision he was about to make, not even his own self.

"Who said anything about me not wanting you?" he asked with a growing smile and softening eyes.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 16th, 2011, 11:56 pm

When she felt his hand on her cheek, Renaria blinked up at him. His thumb wiped away the last tear, his touch so gentle and warm. The barest hint of a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, before she saw it grow a little. He was...happy? She didn't quite understand, the doubt still lingering in her mind, pushing against all other possibilities.

"Who said anything about me not wanting you?" Nobody had. In fact, every motion that Atyvn had made towards her showed that he very much wanted her in his life, feral side and all. She could feel the ribbon tugging her closer, tightening around them. "You're... accepting it? Accepting me...?" As she spoke, she forced her mind to try and wash away the doubt. Of course, it still clung, determined to stay swirling like vapor, clouding her view of the truth. But she could feel it, deep down. She could feel that something was starting to shift again.

As she held his unwavering gaze, she thought she could feel his emotions, though not strongly. She sensed a rush of affection directed towards her and she clung to it like it was a beacon. It had to mean something. It had to mean that she had been wrong. The ribbon seemed to pull tighter, and she leant into his hand.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Atyvn on June 17th, 2011, 12:34 am

Atyvn's smile slowly went back to its normal, sly nature, but it still held the warmth of the moment to shadow the feeling it would give. His sense was coming back to him as the thoughts scurried away from the main feeling he had towards Renaria now. "Let me say it clearer..." he said softly and scooted closer to her on the rock. His hand gently tugged at her cheek, prompting her to follow its movements towards him. That smile softened as he closed the difference between her and himself.

Always one for the heart-turning moments in a story, he felt this was a safe enough move. She bonded with me... he thought, quiet even in his own mind. It rang through his head like a church bell calling out the hour and then playing its wonderful song throughout the trees and over the grass surrounding it and into the rest of the town for all to hear it. So was the state of his mind, a beautiful song with this kelvic at its center.

He paused when their foreheads touched to look into her grey eyes, searching them for her emotions now to see if she guessed at what he was about to do so he could have that last bit of assurance to finish it through. He gained that confidence in that moment and shortened the last inch between their lips, pressing his softly against hers, hoping that now he pushed the stubborn wall of Doubt out of the way.
Atyvn
The Novice Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 17th, 2011, 1:10 am

"Let me say it clearer..."
She obediently let him pull her forwards, and she glimpsed the smile winding over his mouth. Atyvn's eyes filled her vision and it was right then that she felt it. That ribbon, the invisible bond pulling tighter and tighter, sealing the two of them together.

Her heart swelled with joy, and for the first time in her young life she thought that she could understand what love really meant. It was the strangest feeling in the world to her and it was incredible. She felt pulled to him, tied so tightly that they would never be parted, yet at the same time she felt liberated.

She blinked as their foreheads touched, and before she could register the contact, he moved. Her eyes widened when his lips met hers. It was new, unknown and for a second, instinct told her to pull back, to flee. But no, it was Atyvn, he was her Bondamte and he would not hurt her.

She closed her eyes and pressed her lips onto to his. He was her Bondmate. Nothing else mattered at that moment for she knew she was safe; she had never felt more at peace. She gently pulled back and took a breath, resting her forehead on his again. Her eyes fluttered open and a smile tugged at her mouth. She didn't speak for she had no words that could measure up to what she felt. It was her first kiss, and a soft purr sounded in her throat to reflect the pleasure she had felt. "I found you..." Her voice was no more than a whisper, her eyes never straying from his.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Cheshire on June 17th, 2011, 3:40 am

Character: Renaria
Experience: Observation +2, Rhetoric +2, Interrogation +2, Seduction +1
Lore: Sensing Other Kelvics, Reveering Morwen, Finding Your Bondmate, The Feeling of the Bond, The Fear of Emotion, Extending the Bond, First Kiss
Items Earned: Atyvn's Snowflake Necklace

Character: Atyvn
Experience: Carving +1, Jewerly Making +1, Observation +1, Interrogation +2, Rhetoric +1, Seduction +1
Lore: Dreaming of Her, Being Nervous Around a Girl, Hiding Your Emotions, Feeling Attraction for Another, Accepting Renaria's Bond
Ledger: I am going to PM Gillar about the price of ivory and add it in here. I'll PM you when it is added in.

Additional Note: I loved this thread. Very sweet and beautiful. Thank you for letting me grade it! I cannot wait to see how your relationship continues to grow. PM me with any concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous