Establishing a principality.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Nil'kayn on June 8th, 2011, 6:56 am

Yes, there is that to. But I don't think it should happen straight away.

Even if it was possible it would take a massive amount of time a RP to actually do this. And ICly wouldn't a world like this eventually try to establish nations of some sort? We have done it on earth, so I think it is in there nature to do it.

It is true tht this might affect the whole world of Mizahar, and saying that I think before this should be allowed, it would be good if there was a poll to see what everyone else thinks about this, becuase really I don't care ether way.

What I want truly are some wars/battles, politics, and assasination. If there was some city interaction like that I would love it, and I would not care about nations.

~Nilkayn
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Jilitse on June 8th, 2011, 7:54 am

My opinion on this is that there are already a number of established cities. Instead of building one from scratch, why don't you just pick up a city or two? There are places rife with strife and is still recovering, there is room for PCs to trailblaze by restoring a ruined city. The first city that comes into mind would be Ahnatep, where politics is in the air you breathe.

I wouldn't want to bring you down, but let me point to to a co-player I've rp'd with. His name is Jaeden Kincade, and his in-game wish is to build a keep. A keep, and he will admit that he is far from gaining the much needed money in order to establish that. Smaller than a principality, but even now he's not breezing through the acquisition of resources.

It is possible, why not, but the first and foremost question is, are you willing to do it? Are you going to do it even if you don't have people following you? While I think it is great that players want to initiate good stuff like this, you have to think, taking over a particular city isn't exactly for the newbie. You start from the bottom rung and climb your way up. Like you said, it's hard work.

Going back to my advice, there are already established cities ripe with politics and strife. Why don't you contact a storyteller, and see if you can initiate a quest to become influential in a particular established area? Who knows, you might find you own piece of land to rule. :)
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 8th, 2011, 8:01 am

Acanthus wrote:My big problem with this is that the whole idea of Mizahar is that the world is wild and uncivilized. The people as a whole are still recovering from the Valterrian, even thought it was over five centuries ago. To civilize large areas of land would just kind of...ruin the "flavor" of Mizahar, don't you think?

Thank you. Yes. Exactly. Acanthus 'gets it'. Basically, with an individual PC's resources and the vastness of the world - this is pretty impossible to do.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Acanthus on June 8th, 2011, 8:12 am

Somehow I thought you'd like that, Gossamer.
Acanthus
Wizard

Words: 11928
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 9:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Croatoan Vederoin on June 8th, 2011, 10:23 am

Thank you for your contributions and for clarifying to me that this will be impossible, or, in the very least, clearly extremely difficult. And I'll admit it. Mizahar in the whole is, for me, like an oversized version of ancient Hellas with multiple cultures, but still with some of the same traits: Civilization and City States.
My goal will then be to become the Lord of the Council of Zeltiva. Wish me luck while I prepare to climb up this ridiculously steep ladder.
Croatoan Vederoin
The Cooking Axeman.

Words: 5749
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2011, 8:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nil'kayn on June 8th, 2011, 11:21 am

Have fun climbing! :D

~Nilkayn
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Previous