A Growing Bond [Ethan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Growing Bond [Ethan]

Postby Hadrian on June 7th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Hadrian continued to mash up the valerian root in its watery base while Ethan talked, preparing the concoction that would keep him asleep at least through the night. Between the valerian and the birch, Ethan would be comfortably asleep for hours and hours, which would be the very best thing for his wound. Meanwhile, Hadrian would read while he watched over his Kelvic -- he paused in his mashing for a moment to look over at Ethan and realize, sheepishly, that he did think of him as his Kelvic even if they hadn't really spoken about the bond for which Kelvics were famous. If Ethan was utterly asleep, and asleep like a log, it would be easier to change the dressing. He was no expert, but he had watched Caelum patch him up for burns and other mishaps many a time.

Nodding to Ethan, he said, "You might very well be able to learn if people are lying. If there isn't some flare of energy that signifies a lie, at least you will notice the telltale signs with more practice. You should take opportunities to observe a person whenever you can, watch how their aura reacts as they interact with people or things. Observation will teach you the language of the energy."

Smiling at the jokes, he nodded. "I don't know a whole lot about herbs, really. I mean, as they pertain to healing. But I've learned to philter a potion or two, prepare magically charged water using mostly plant matter... It's a type of learning just like any other. But I've known healers, and white birch bark tea was always used to help with pain. Valerian will help you relax and sleep through the night. I'll be here with breakfast in the morning. You'll be good as new before long and... It'll be good for you to rest. You won't have to worry about anything in the wilds because I'll be looking out for you."

He grinned, and finally he poured the valerian water through the strainer and brought the cup over to Ethan.

"Drink this. The tea is one thing, but this will taste strange. Just drink it all in one go and banish the taste with some food or something. You need to relax with the auristics now. The herbs might make it easier to see, but not so easy to control."

Hadrian sat beside Ethan again, his hand under his head to help him up. Perhaps he was going overboard on the invalid routine, but he remembered such tenderness from his mother when he was small and sick and it didn't seem like Ethan had seen much of that sort of care. Not that Hadrian wanted to be his mother.

"You're going to be all right, Ethan, and you're really doing better with the auristics than I did given the amount of time you've spent learning. Rest now, all right? Everything will be easier in the morning."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

A Growing Bond [Ethan]

Postby Ethan on June 9th, 2011, 5:55 am

Ethan only heard bits and pieces of what Hadrian had said. The strain on his mind was tremendous, he felt so weak this time around. Even if he didn't understand what Hadrian said, he felt every word thew Aura. The soft drum of his heart was especially beautiful as it sprayed silver blue soul mist across the room. His voice had a much different frequency and seemed to slowly vibrate everything. Carrying its own swirl of colors.

Auristics was truly a beautiful gift. Something Ethan cherished and loved beyond measure. When he got better at holding the Aura. He wanted to return to the forest and focus on everything that passed by. Basking in the beauty of the spirits. Such thoughts were silly in a way but he didn't care. Man could have their citadels and steel. Ethan was content with magic and a full belly.

When Hadrian began to walk over, the vibrations from his movements caused great waves. It was so much to concentrate on that he had to let go. Quickly letting go of his Aura's gave him a pressure deep in his head. His eyes were blurred and he had to squint. It was sad that he was affected this much after just a moment of Auristics.

“Thank you very much.” Ethan took the cup and drank heavily. It tasted awful but he had worse. Being an animal you learned to live with terrible tastes. His head was still aching as he sipped some more. “You are such a good care taker Hadrian.” He grimaced as he drained the cup. It smelled worse than the Birch tea. He leaned over to set the cup down on the table. Listening to Hadrian and smiling.

“Your always saying I'm doing good. Thank you, but I can do better. I can always do better. When you moved towards me and my mind was slightly unfocused. My whole site shivered with your vibrations and I couldn't hold it.” Ethan sat back further in the pillows and blankets to get more comfortable.

“Letting go of the Magic so quickly gave me a head ache.” Running a hand threw his hair he smiled. “But besides that, I would be grateful for another breakfast with you. Some time you have to give me a tour of your house.” He gave Hadrian a wry look. “It isn't proper to only have me in your bed. Speaking of which you should join me in a nap. This little nest you made for me is most comfortable.” Laying back he gave out a comfortable sigh.

The pillows were soft and kept in a good amount of heat. With the window open, the dawn light poured inside and turned the whole room a dark red orange. He could feel the crisp breeze of spring on his skin. It all felt so completely wonderful. A new life in the city. A new scar to brag about. A new world and home to call his own. A life that didn't need to involve cons or pleasing strange people.

He started to think about the trip to Rovak, what it was like there. He remembered a lover he once had that came from there... Lavia was her name. It was so long ago and she was an Owl. A pretty Owl with brown feathers and light wings... Sunset Falls was where they met. Where he fed her, and then other things happened...

His last thoughts were of her beautiful golden eyes and bare flesh. Other thoughts became more lucid and wove themselves in. Hadrian and his old master Grimm... He was out cold. It was either the roots or exhaustion that took him. It could have been the use of Auristics. Either way the young Kelvic was asleep on a bed that wasn't his. For the first time in many years, He didn't mind.. Hadrian was there to protect and heal him.

"I don't know a whole lot about herbs, really. I mean, as they pertain to healing. But I've learned to philter a potion or two, prepare magically charged water using mostly plant matter... It's a type of learning just like any other. But I've known healers, and white birch bark tea was always used to help with pain. Valerian will help you relax and sleep through the night. I'll be here with breakfast in the morning. You'll be good as new before long and... It'll be good for you to rest. You won't have to worry about anything in the wilds because I'll be looking out for you."

He grinned, and finally he poured the valerian water through the strainer and brought the cup over to Ethan.

"Drink this. The tea is one thing, but this will taste strange. Just drink it all in one go and banish the taste with some food or something. You need to relax with the auristics now. The herbs might make it easier to see, but not so easy to control."

Hadrian sat beside Ethan again, his hand under his head to help him up. Perhaps he was going overboard on the invalid routine, but he remembered such tenderness from his mother when he was small and sick and it didn't seem like Ethan had seen much of that sort of care. Not that Hadrian wanted to be his mother.

"You're going to be all right, Ethan, and you're really doing better with the auristics than I did given the amount of time you've spent learning. Rest now, all right? Everything will be easier in the morning."
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Growing Bond [Ethan]

Postby Archon on June 13th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Illumination of Development

Hadrian
  • +4 Rhetoric
  • +4 Medicine
  • +3 Herbalism
  • +3 Teaching
  • +2 Persuasion

Lores: Treating cuts, Relating things to a Kelvic, Treating pain

Care to see more? :
Rhetoric experience for the conversation with Ethan, Medicine experience for the care of the wound, Teaching experience for the various information given to Ethan, Herbalism experience for the use of plants to help with the healing, and Persuasion experience for convincing Ethan to calm down and accept your treatment.

Ethan
  • +5 Storytelling
  • +4 Rhetoric
  • +3 Auristics

Lores: Dangers above Syliras, Hadrian's Aura, Aura of speaking

Care to see more? :
Storytelling experience for relaying the events of your injury to Hadrian, Rhetoric experience for the conversation, and Auristics experience for your brief usage at the end.

Notes: This was a very interesting thread, and a nice development of the relationship between the two. A couple things of note:

Hadrian: Just a couple little things. Most everyone in Syliras thinks of the Windoak as little more than a symbol, not an actual tree. The impression I got from your writing was that it was common knowledge that the tree was real. Nothing horrible, but just something to keep in mind for the future. :)

Ethan: One little thing, you seem to have picked up a chunk of Hadrian's last post in your last post. Just odd, not really a problem. Thanks for being willing to work things out. :)
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous