[Aspen/Renaria's Scrapbook] Frozen Wonderland

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Aspen/Renaria's Scrapbook] Frozen Wonderland

Postby Renaria on June 13th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Aspen's Scrapbook

Just a place for me to put whatever I feel like.
Feel free to post stuff if you want, just be nice.
And cuteness = win.
Last edited by Renaria on August 24th, 2011, 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Words: 55485
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

[Renaria's Scrapbook] Frozen Wonderland

Postby Renaria on June 13th, 2011, 5:39 pm

I guess the first thing I should say is that you will be seeing posts from Renaria, Lakara and Elisse here. Since they're all me.

This is going to be my to-do post and will be routinely updated. Or whenever I remember to do it. So it will probably never get updated.

- Prettify my top post here.
- Tracking Wiki (In peer-review stage here!)

Renaria:
- Gain Morwen's Gnosis. This is her number-one wish.
- More flashbacks. I want to really solidify her life before rp.

Lakara:
- Organize and start a thread for a kennel project.
- Continue filling in Kara's journal here.
- Herbs (aloe, mint, chamomile, angelica & rosemary)
- Healing (bandages, bruises & small cuts)

Elisse:
- Solo reimancy thread.
- Thread(s) with Herb. Yay for a new Pycon friend!
Last edited by Renaria on June 28th, 2011, 9:06 am, edited 8 times in total.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Renaria on June 14th, 2011, 2:15 pm

I have one question for anyone reading, before I launch into what will inevitably become a ramble about nothing.
Would anyone be interested in seeing any of my photographs?
I know a lot of people here are artists, and while I am undertaking an art course in college, photography is actually my stronger point (I have a place to study it at University). So, yeah, that was my question! Now I'll ramble about my gallery show, so feel free to tune out or click to another page (:

Like I just mentioned above, I'm taking an arts course at college. It's actually really awesome, and completely unlike any other course I've heard about. My class consists of only 8 people (though we started with 12), and everyone is a different age. I don't mean 18-20 years old here either. I'm the youngest, at 19(nearly 20 now), and the oldest member is in his 50's. My best friend on the course is 23, and my other best friend on the course is 44. I think that I'll actually have to get used to being in a class with people my age again when I go to Uni, as I am loving the diversity here.
Also, my course isn't just 'Art' like they teach at school. We've studied everything. Drawing, painting (with oils, acrylic and ink), sculpture, photography, graphic design and collage. While it's a lot of work I appreciate the fact that I'm learning a wide range of skills.

Anyway, the point of this was supposed to be about the show. At the end of the college year, the entire art department (that's over 10 different courses + teachers) turn the whole college building into an art gallery. Now, my class seems to have lucked out this, year - we get the most space. The past 2 days have been spent prepping our studio room to be our part of the gallery.

(The girl isn't me - that's my best friend Chimene)

We've had to move all the boards lining the walls and paint them white. While it sounds easy, it really isn't We've had to pull staples and pins from them, sand them down, peel of stickers that really didn't want to co-operate... you name it! We're still a long way off, you can see one board is un-painted and the one next to it is patchy. And we've accidentally decorated the floor as you can probably see.

So... there's not a lot more to say on it at the moment, so I suppose this has been a sort of void post.I suppose my next update on the show (if there is one) will be about why I've chosen to put in it and the opening.
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elisse on June 16th, 2011, 12:03 pm

My camera's broken.
While that probably doesn't seem to bad to most people, it's one of the worst things that could happen to me. Okay, so I'm probably exaggerating a bit here, but it's still bad.
If you read my above post, then you'll know that photography is my primary art skill and that I'll be studying it at University.
I'm also knee-deep in setting up a gallery show for my class, and my entire display is going to be photographs.
Anyways, now my camera doesn't work, and it has to be sent off for repair. Which will probably take at least 3 weeks. It's not really that long when you think about it, but I use it daily. So it is sort of a long time.
I've been meaning to get myself a new one for a while now - mine 4 years old, which is super old in camera terms. (It's a Nikon. Nikon bring out around 6 new DSLR's each year. x4 that's a good 32 cameras since I got mine. They don't even sell the model I have anymore!)
Perhaps this is a nudge telling me I need to get a new one, who knows...

Oh and again, my previous question stands.
I know some people post art in the scrapbooks, so if I posted a few of my photographs would people be interested? They're mostly of plants and animals (:
Elisse
Fire Burns

Words: 23711
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Making Renaria sort of made me want to draw something, so I doodled in between painting walls and destroying cupboards at home today (:

Behold my snow leopard! Although I only realized after I had drawn it, that I had done spots instead of rosettes.
Ah well.

And because some people wanted him, I give you Charlie:

He is bigger than a yorkshire terrier dog, eats hands and molts everywhere. (:

Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Renaria on June 28th, 2011, 9:04 am

Heheh. I am an avid tea-drinker.
I always offer my friends tea before anything else. When they decline, it's very sad.
I'm not as bad as my nan though. Every hour its "Tea anyone?"

Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Renaria on June 28th, 2011, 6:30 pm

This is a song by a band called Innocent. It's their debut single 'Home With Me Tonight'
Now, it's not my usual type of music, but this has actually grown on me.
The only reason I heard it in the first place is that I know the band members.
One of the three guys in it is my best friends little brother, and I'm super proud of him.
They even got a contract at their last competition!
Anyways, that's that, I just thought they deserved a mention cause of all my proud mother feelings haha.

Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on June 28th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Rawrrrrrr, how has no one posted in your scrappie yet? I love your Renaria picture that you drew! Your kitty is adorable too! Here is something else adorable (not my dog...)!

"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Silvy on June 29th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Renaria I'd really love to see more of your photos and drawings! I'm not a photographer, but I have taken one photo I'm very proud of. I think it's because Sadie is my lovely, loyal staffordshire terrier mix.

I like doodling too, but I'm not nearly as good as you are!
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Renaria on June 30th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Sarah, that picture is so cute! *cuddles mustache doggie*

Silvy, that picture of Sadie is lovely.
And don't you lie, that drawing is incredible! Kicks my kitty-doodle out the window!
Anyways, I'll stick up a photo or two later. I got a new camera so I'm going to go try it out!
Renaria
Snow Walker

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Next