The Singing Maiden (Caelum)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Crystal on June 30th, 2011, 12:29 am

Day 20 of Summer, 511 AV

It had been a long and tiresome day for Crystal, quite warm for her too considering that summer was only beginning. She found the weather warm enough to take a small break after a good walk in the late afternoon, and fell into a unexpected nap next to a tree. Such a thing usually wouldn't happen to her, but with the pleasant heat giving comfort she couldn't resist the embracing comfort of her environment. Now she was awake, sitting next to the tree as the sun was nearly reaching the horizon. Thinking on her next step for the future, but the question was did she have the funds to do so? There was a decent job that would benefit her at the Golden Dragon, but could she manage to work there and keep the abode tidy? Her father worked more than enough as it was, and she didn't want him to be overworked.

Lost on what to decide for her next decision she couldn't feel anything but confusion, and it made her uncomfortable that she had no course of action. In short she quietly pulled out her harp from her bag, fiddling with it's strings until she found a tune that soothed her emotion. Once she found the flow she was after a calming sensation filled within her, as she became comfortably lost within her own music.
Last edited by Crystal on July 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My song for comfort, my voice for lullaby, my hand to heal wounds."
Crystal
Player

Words: 3992
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 5:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on June 30th, 2011, 12:47 am

It was an unusual hour to be riding out of the gated city, the only real, corporeal bastion against the crimes of degradation and inequity yet existing in Mizahar. Caelum had long since begun to wonder, however, exactly how genuine was the face of Syliras. The god Whose faith had been used to found the city was dead and gone and so no matter the veracity of His ideals, they were yet reduced to flurrying sparks on an ever vanishing wind.

It was that same wind, perhaps, that called him. It had chased him out from the walls with his worldly belongings tied again to the back of the Windrunner who set for both of them a lazy post. The day's goal was only an outpost along the road en route for the relative closeness of Endrykas at summer. A wiser man might have resided another night within the hospitality of the Aelius' household, but the need to go had grabbed him by the throat as forcibly as any call from the gods ever had.

It was something to wonder after.

As fate would have it, however, he found himself distracted by the melancholy strumming of a harp just outside the Syliran gates. A shift of his weight signaled Vega to slow as he squinted against the lowering blast of the afternoon sun. It ignited him in vivid color, from the copper in his hair to the iodizing of tapered horns back from his temples.

If he bothered to dress better, he might have been something worth looking at.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Crystal on June 30th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Melodic air around her found a slow dying tune as a peaceful silence loomed after, her harp now lay in her lap as she felt better, but still unsure at her next decision. Cutting the peaceful silence she was unaware of anyone being around, and finally gave in to her thoughts. "Oh dear Rak'Keli, what AM I to do...." She could never sound so lost in her whole life, she felt helpless and confused about her situation. It wasn't until she heard a horse she came back to reality, and seen a mysterious figure a short distance from her. She tried not to blush from her embarrassment, seeing as the figure was indeed watching her; but she noticed he wasn't ordinary. "You...didn't just so happen to hear that. Did you?"
Crystal
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on July 1st, 2011, 6:54 pm

Humor for Caelum was typically ill, but much of that had altered in the past years. It left moments such as this one with unexpected smiles straying over his face. The horse shifted beneath him to wander, no matter his intentions, into the dappled sunlight of the tree beneath which the harpist sat.

“Yes, I’m afraid I did. What’re you bothering dark Dira’s bane for?” It was not accusing, no, but rather amused. Maybe it was for the fact that the young woman had called upon Rak’keli rather than some other god or goddess, wayward or worthy or otherwise; but all the same, here he was, stopped in his journey before he had even traveled so far as a league.
Last edited by Caelum on July 2nd, 2011, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal on July 1st, 2011, 9:28 pm

"Dark Dira's bane?" She was confused for a moment, and then she realized the rider was referring to Rak'keli. "Oh, right well..." She thought to herself how she should explain her issue, after all she didn't want to confuse the poor man. "I've become a healer, and I would like to get to Mura by boat...though I doubt I have enough money to afford the things I need and the trip all together." She shyly stood up as the sunlight began shining within her messy hair.

Wait...who is this man? We haven't really....met. She shaded her eyes with her hand to look at the figure before him, and though she saw a frightening man she didn't show any sign of being nervous. After all if he were to attack or kidnap her he wouldn't have simply stayed in one spot the whole time, she gave a smile to cover her sadness. "I am sorry, I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Crystal Myers." She gave a courteous bow, as a proper lady would.
Crystal
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on July 2nd, 2011, 4:35 pm

The bow proffered him left a chuckle spilling up from his chest, shaking muted at his shoulders.

"Caelum," he returned the favor of a name, the bitter taste of it on his tongue never having faded; but he offered it less grudgingly these days even as it sparked and spluttered in his mind against the true syllables of his goddess-granted name, unspeakable.

After a moment Caelum shifted and ultimately dismounted, blades of grass bending beneath the weight of weathered boots. This was so that he could incline his head while a gloved hand slid soothingly up the fog colored neck of his horse. It seemed more polite, somehow, to be on his feet.

"You're wanting to catch a boat to Mura?" Sunstruck eyes narrowed thoughtfully. "Be cheaper to catch a ride with a caravan to Nyka or Zeltiva. Avoid Sunberth. Catch a boat from there. Yeah?"
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal on July 3rd, 2011, 11:44 pm

She put her finger on her chin and looked up to the sky, think about what possibly is the easier way. She could try and afford the expenses and travel the long road, but would she be able to handle it? Her constitution wasn't delicate like other women, however she did have limits on the things she could do. If she were to travel to Nyka or Zeltiva she surely wouldn't be able to do it alone. She placed her hands on her hips, and explained her thoughts on his idea.

"Well even if I could afford to travel there how would I do so? I have no other person to travel with." She looked stumped but did not admit defeat, she was sure that she would find some one who was on there way there. Then an idea hit came to her, and she smiled at Caelum. "Pardon me...You were leaving just now weren't you? Are you by chance going on a journey? If your traveling to either of those towns then I will gladly purchase the items I need and tag along!"
Crystal
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on July 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Caelum ought not have wondered what it was that caused him to seem trustworthy. The glow of the sun goddess was underneath his skin as well as the pulse-locked notice of Rak'keli that took upon itself to thunder betimes in his ears.

Regardless, a rueful turn took his smile. "Lady, I'm afraid that I'm headed in the opposite direction."

While it was true he could feel the call of Mura, that seat of the Opal Order and the earthly raiment of Rak'keli Herself, there was yet a greater compulsion driving him westward and northward and sometimes both at once until he feared they might tug him asunder. It was not in opposition to the call of Mura. He believed that to be natural supposition whereas the pull towards other paths walked still in line with Rak'keli's wishes, but fell too upon the tread of other deities.

"Here," he considered, glancing over his shoulder in the direction of the massive, Syliran gates. "It should not be too difficult to find a trade caravan headed for Zeltiva, I'd imagine. Inquire of the knights as to the integrity of known merchants. For a small fee, it's likely they'll welcome you into the protection of their traveling party."

A healer, she said she was, and against more jaded inclinations, he felt a responsibility of kinship.
Last edited by Caelum on July 5th, 2011, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal on July 5th, 2011, 4:32 am

She looked curiously back at the gates, wondering if there were some merchant caravans bound for Zeltiva. It would be good for her to head back there for a short while, so that she may begin her studying before sailing for Mura. She returned her gaze back to the man before him, though his looks intimidating his intentions to her felt good. With a smile she bowed her head and said thanks to Caelum.

"If I might also ask, what is your current objective? Does someone call for your aid?"
Crystal
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on July 5th, 2011, 2:24 pm

“If it’s gold you’re needing, apply at The Soothing Waters,” he went on, thoughts ambling their way right out of his mouth. A lean shoulder sagged against the muscled neck of the dappled grey horse, illiciting a snort from the grass-munching Vega. “It’s located in the Nettles District and they’re liable to hire on a healer even if for just a temporary position. Calling me?”

That question, so observant, caused amber eyes to narrow upon Crystal. It was not with any ill will, no, but it was with an uneasy curiosity. “I believe someone is, or something. Sometimes even I have to draw the line somewhere in my questioning of the gods.” And wasn’t that ironic? “And is it Rak’keli then who lures you toward Mura?” He raised his eyebrows slightly.
Caelum

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next