[Siiri's Scrapbook] HOTNESS goes in here

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Re: [Siiri's Scrapbook] HOTNESS goes in here

Postby Ashivirsthargon on February 16th, 2010, 6:15 pm

I have it on good authority that a Sthargon / Siiri duel that evolves into wrestling on the ground that evolves into physical passion would be, and I quote:
...the hottest thing that could happen to Mizahar, I say.

That's not a suggestion, per se, but this is the hotness thread.
Ashivirsthargon
OM NOM NOM

Words: 50270
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2010, 12:21 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Siiri on February 16th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Hey Tarama! Only a guy would have chosen the Goddess of Nerds All Over The World as an avatar. ^_~

And I'm open to having you as a nemesis Sthargon. XD
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tarama on February 16th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Wait... That's Felicia Day?

Or is there another nerd goddess out there?
Signature created by the amazing Hex. Images from: lesolielfonce.deviantart.com and
moraecollections.deviantart.com
Tarama
Omnidextrous

Words: 9127
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Siiri on February 17th, 2010, 5:24 am

Lolz. That's Milla Jovovich.

If I was a zombie in any zombie movie, I'd want her kicking my ass. :D
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Siiri on February 17th, 2010, 1:41 pm

So I was thinking I can use this to explain, or at least illustrate, some of the unarmed moves Siiri have performed and will perform through the rest of her story. I visualized her fighting style as a variation of Yaw-Yan, in that it has jiu-jitsu thrown in with the kickboxing striking base. Or maybe it's really a jiu-jitsu base with kickboxing thrown in for striking. I believe that a large part of an unarmed fight, if unstopped, will be fought on the ground - a grappling match. This is where the jiu-jitsu techniques play a large role. In fact, her clan name, Snapping Jaws, comes from her family imitating crocodiles to devise their own form of martial arts. Once a croc's jaw snaps close on a limb its victim, it won't let go until that limb is ripped off. Certain attacks of jiu-jitsu are similar to this.

But anyway, I digress, I'm supposed to be illustrating the Snapping Jaws' techniques. >.< I'll only be posting offensive techniques; defensive ones are important, yes, but can sometimes get quite boring. :p

In Love and Hate, Siiri did a couple of moves in her match against Goro. The first is simple enough: the flying knee that her mother razzed her so much about.

When they fell to the ground, Siiri applied an inside shoulder lock on Goro. I can't find any images for this particular move, but if you want to watch the move executed, here's a link to a clip where Ashivi - I mean Frank Mir :D applied it perfectly on Pete Williams (0:55 mark).

Finally, Siiri beat Goro with a lucky armbar. I found a cool HOT image depicting the move along with a blurb to explain how it is applied:

==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ashivirsthargon on February 17th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Interesting bit of trivia: the idea that most fights end up on the ground comes from a statistic released from the Los Angeles Police Department that over 60% of their unarmed confrontations with criminals end up on the ground. Of course, this statistic fluctuates wildly depending on who is quoting it. I've seen it go as high as 90%.

Well, if you're the police, this makes sense. You're trying to subdue and probably handcuff the guy. But this has been floated around the martial arts world like some kind of truism so much so that nobody even bothers to challenge the claim.

A lot of fights do end up on the ground. A lot of fights also involve weapons and multiple people - situations in which grappling is terrible. The last man I saw get killed tried to grapple a man who was hiding a knife.

So, I think you're wise to round out the grappling piece. ;)

I guess that wasn't very hot, though. :/
Ashivirsthargon
OM NOM NOM

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Siiri on February 17th, 2010, 2:41 pm

Oh, I was talking about pure unarmed and one on one. And it's true what you said about stabbings, I should know, it happens where I am on a daily basis. It's weird how some groups of people have such a low regard about life, but there it is.
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ashivirsthargon on February 17th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Yep.

Now, back to your thread.
Ashivirsthargon
OM NOM NOM

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Siiri on February 17th, 2010, 2:51 pm

Cool. Not many women can pull off having a black eye and still look cute and HOTTER for it. :D

Case in point:

Hey this is turning out to be a Carano fan thread! Lolz
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Siiri on February 26th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Move over Carano. Until you start fighting again, this girl's going to be my little baby:
That's Sarah Kaufman, Canadian kickboxer. Watching her fight vids right now and MAN, is she exciting to watch! No hesitation, no backing up, this girl's like a wolverine! Now I'm wishing they aired Strikeforce here, I want to watch her title fight tomorrow...guess I just have to wait for it in youtube.

*walks off to the corner to be depressed* :((
==/==
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext