[Location] Killroy's Kennel

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 5:59 am

Killroy's Kennel

Need a horse? Killroy has a horse. Where'd the horse come from? Don't ask questions.

Killroy stocks the best animals around! Horses, hunting dogs, he even trains them himself! At least he says he does. The animals found at the Kennel are of all stocks and breeds, races and creeds, there is no better place to find a beast of burden or a creature to ride in all of Sunberth. On the very edge of the Den itself, the Kennel is known for supplying some of the finest animals in the city, along with some fine Kelvic 'companions' that Killroy often sells off to slavers and his higher paying clients. While no one really wants to know, it has been noted that the Kennel rarely breeds its own stock and sells animals that bare incredible resemblance to already purchased goods. Killroy denies any and all accusations, but it is not rare for a mount to be sold and found missing all in the same day, only to end up back for sale at the Kennel. The official policy is that any merchandise found in the street rightfully belongs to Killroy. This is backed up by the legal conjecture of Dastana's hounds, it pays to have powerful friends.

The Kennel is a fine establishment. Large, spacious, and in good repair, the front entrance leads to a stable that runs the entire back length of the building while a few horses usually roam around in the small 'island' out front, usually the higher priced mounts for customers to observe. There are two rooms on the left and right flanks of the kennel, both of which have an assortment of other animals, dogs, pets, and other exotic animals, along with a few Kelvics that have their own, special accommodations in the basement. Every transaction is done through Killroy, but he is known to employ several aids to handle the animals, those of which are keep their lips sealed on the subject of the Kennel's suppliers. In short, it is commonly accepted that if your horse goes missing, you can find it with Killroy. Getting it back, that's not always such a simple answer.

ServicesKillroy's Stock can change on a regular basis. Ask Killroy or his staff to get an update on what's available.

NPCs

Hannah
ImageName: Hannah
Race: Human
Title: Owner as of 80th Winter 511AV
Skills: Riding 52, Animal Husbandry 40, Dog Training 35

Info:There's not a lot to know about Hannah except that she's a young woman who looks slightly older than she is. Maturing early for her age, she's only about sixteen but has been a part of Killroy's Kennel for a long time. There are always rumors about Killroy preying on young girls, and the fact that one of the more stable lasting employees of Killroy's is Hannah doesn't particularly help fight such rumors. Nevertheless, Hannah has never admitted to Killroy taking advantage of her, though she doesn't deny her resentment of him for something. She's a good strong adorable hard working girl that knows her horses, not much else to say. Everyone that knows Hannah says she's a perfect child, so heavily opposed to the rest of Sunberth that it's a shock that she's even a local here.

Credit for this NPC goes to Leviathan

Killroy Jolingood
ImageName: Keith ‘Dean’ Carver
Title: Former Owner
Skills: Riding 53, Horsemanship 46, Running 34, Larceny 38, Stealth 57, Animal Husbandry 57

Info: His name is not Kilroy, it really is Killroy. Many believe the misspelling is a warning, but in reality the man is just a silly git. He never takes a conversation seriously and is one of the most annoying inhabitants of Sunberth, but he serves his purpose and does a good job playing to the more powerful members of the city. So he lives. His business makes him exceedingly rich and he rarely, if ever, has to buy new stock, meaning he can very well buy anything he wants and still have money to live in luxury. A man of a slim build, Killroy was born to be a thief. Albeit an enterprising one. He can be found with a smile on his face and a spring in his step, stealing horses and selling them back to their owners.

Credit for this NPC goes to Leviathan

Gang Ties
Neutral establishment
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 12:10 am

Summer 26, 2011 AV

So this is Killroy’s Kennel. Darik thought when he saw the exterior of the spacious building. It actually didn’t look like it had been thrown together in a few seconds like the rest of Sunberth’s buildings. There was no blood as far as the eye could see. That was probably the most surprising thing. The horses grazed contently on the neat and orderly grass. Each one look tailored to perfection, but Darik didn’t believe the whole shop could be like that. There had to be animals for poor people. He decided so far he liked it,but he had to browse what it was like inside before he made up his mind.

He walked into the shop and was satisfied by the interior. He thought that the exterior was just a facade, but even the inside was pleasant to look. It was whitewashed with pleasant colors and didn’t smell too bad. You would think it would be a lot worse at a stable like this. He walked p the counter and said “I would like to apply for the stablehand position.” Was there a word he was missing? Did it start with a p? No, he must be a little off today.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 12:26 am

"Wooooooonderful!"

The man's high tenor voice rang out with such powerful volume that it sounded almost unnaturally amplified. Nobody should be able to be that cheerful and that loud at the same time. Killroy Jolingood came prancing into the room, quite literally skipping to the beat of his own heart as he approached Darik, but he didn't stop there. He moved around Darik, circling him, examining him so very carefully. "You are adorable!" Darik would feel the man's hands clench onto Darik's shoulders as Killroy's voice appeared in a whisper, only inches from Darik's ear.

"I do love a cute little man to help me out." Giggling softly to himself, Killroy backed away and moved around the room sporadically, almost like he was in some sort of interpretative dance. "Tua told me you were coming today. Mentioned you were about what I was looking for. He always does know just who I need." Killroy stopped his prancing and dancing, and like a normal human being, he walked up to Darik.

"How are your hands?"
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 1:25 am

A man that must be Killroy, because no one could be that insane, started to toy with Darik. Tula’s advice had prewarned him about Killroy but he hadn’t believed it till he saw Killroy in person. If he started to work for this man his saneness would be absorbed by this man’s bubbly attitude. Was the risk worth making money? Hell ya.

He kept silent and tried to stand up stragiht when Killroy inspected him. He knew that thieves like Killroy valued utmost obedience over all other traits. A thought went through his head when Killroy mentioned Tula. News must travel fast, or I must have got really lost. Most likely the second option. After Killroy gave him some ripe information about Tula’s connections, he acted normal. He must be someone with two different personalities, because no one can change personality that fast. Not even master actors who have studied their art for years.

Darik did as Killroy asked and held out his hands. His hands were tan just like his skin but he realized what a sorry sight his hands looked compared to the working class. His fingernails were chewed down small, grim stuck in his fingernails, and he didn’t have one callus in sight. A worker’s hand was leathery and tight, and had calluses to spare. In Darik’s offense, his skin was soft because when he tried to pickpocket someone, his hands didn’t get harder, it had the opposite effect. He only pick pocketed the people with the higher grade clothes on. When you touch soft fabric often, it starts to smooth out your hands. That why Darik had soft hands his whole existence was based around stealing. Even now, he was surveying Killroy’s establishment looking for something that could be slipped away, never to be seen again.

I know it’s a pitiful sight, but you have to make a living somehow.”
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Bob Barton on July 12th, 2011, 2:59 am

(th day of Summer

Bob followed the directions that was given to him by the establishment until he reached a part of town where horses were grazing in a fenced up stable and some dogs being trained. Some other animals were making sounds as well but Bob could not identify them by sound. The place looked so peaceful and the animals looked satisfied making Bob wonder if he even is still in Sunberth?

Bob pushed the door open and stepped in. If the outside hasn't convinced him, the inside sure did. The place did not have much of the qualities of Sunberth. At the counter there was a jovial looking person who Bob could only assume to be Killroy. Bob went through what he learnt about Killroy in the establishment and thought to himself "I may not have the cunt or the curls, but I am as much a child as he is and have survived on the happiness of others."

The short, smartly dressed gambler walked up the counter to Killroy wearing a huge smile on his face and spread his arms out as if to embrace him. But instead of embracing him, Bob stopped at the counter and bent his body a little as bowed in his shows during his travels. Bob still keeping silent looked up to Killroy and eyes twinkling a little bit trying to release his djed to set the mood by giving Killroy some feelings of excitement.

Bob started talking slowly and deeply "I - am - here..." and stopped with a dramatic pause before he fished out the pamphlet from his jacket "...to see, Mr.Killroy." referring to the statement on the pamphlet. Let the establishment keep their little girls, Bob knew a thing or two about making a person happy with showmanship.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 1:31 pm

@Darik
Killroy took Darik's hands in his and, for a long moment, rubbed them slowly, feeling those silky smooth fingers. Wouldn't it be a waste to ruin such wonderful specimens? Yes, well, no actually, but Killroy still needed something a bit more valuable than a ruffian to break in horses and shovel horse shyke, besides, Darik was good for it, Pua had contacted him already. "So soft." Killroy dropped his hands and dramatically wiped his hands on his shirt. "You probably touch yourself a lot!" Killroy was either hilarious or he simply was in love with his own "clever" jokes. It wasn't really that funny, but hey, Pua warned him.

"Hannah! Come heeeeeeeeere! I need you darling! Where are my tits? There she isssssss!" From behind Darik, a young woman with naturally tanned and recently sunkissed skin walked into the room. Her dark brown hair falling perfectly around her shoulders, and not a single strand appeared out of place.

"Yes Mr. Jolingood?" Hannah, obviously this girl, couldn't have been older than Darik, maybe she was a year at most his elder, but they were impeccably identical in height. She almost didn't seem to notice Darik as her eyes glared, not stared, but glared obviously into Killroy's joyous bouncing eyes (which seemed to linger often at her fairly average sized breasts).

"Hannah, this is Tannar. He has soft hands from touching himself. He's going to steal animals for us. Mkay?" True or not, Killroy made Darik sound like a complete asshole, immoral bastard, and to anybody in this city that wouldn't mean shyke, except to Hannah that is. She shrugged her shoulders and gave Darik a swift look over, not impressed, and certainly didn't care for the job he was given. Then back to Jolingood.

"Anything else you need Mr. Jolingood?"

"Nope. Come here Tannar, let's discuss your wages." And with that, Hannah left. She didn't linger to hear about the new employee's income or to find out anything about Darik, and he had the faint idea that Hannah already loathed him.

@Bob

Killroy approached Bob, his hands clapping slowly, dramatically slowly as Bob did some strange little performance. "Never heard of you before. If you were famous, I would have heard of you. I know everyone. I get around." Killroy giggled at himself, but it was obvious he was watching to see if Bob was going to laugh with him at his joke. Such things were so very important to Killroy after all. "Tua told me you'd be by here."

That statement sounded odd as Killroy's face became eerily straight and cold. Bob Barker hadn't paid Tua his money for his recommendation, but what if Tua placed a different kind of recommendation on Killroy's desk, somehow, before Bob even arrived. "Horses like to shyke a lot. Can you clean shyke off the floors? I don't care what you do with it, as long as it goes away. Horses need to eat too, but Hannah does that. Hannah rides the horses, trains the dogs. Dogs shyke! You can clean their houses of dog shyke. Maybe pick out ticks. I don't want Hannah to get ticks on her. What do you say Mr. Tannar?" It was obvious that Killroy wasn't fond of Bob already, but he couldn't help but feel that it was set in place before he came.

Tua's powers were strong indeed. Still, it seemed Bob was able to get a job.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Bob Barton on July 12th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Bob looked back up satisfied that his little act amused Killroy. Smiling, he answered "Ahhh, but you have heard of me. It seems this Tua fellow told me of you? He must be a fan as well." Bob laughed along with Killroy misinterpreting the joke.

The smile got smaller hearing what Killroy had for him. Cleaning shyke...was that some sort of test for the job? "Mr. Killroy. Perhaps what I need to hear...I mean see is in those dog houses? What is it you want me to find out there?" Bob took out the pamphlet and stared at it with a blank face. It didn't really tell him much either. He lowered the pamphlet so that his eyes will be looking at Killroy's face looking for an answer.
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Darik resisted the urge to squirm as Killroy touched him. It felt so weird for an older man, like Killroy, to touch something with that much delicacy. His hands were soft too, meaning that Killroy delved into the darker arts. So a thief was hiring another thief.

Killroy made a joke at Darik’s expense. It would have been hilarious if it had been directed at someone else, but it hadn’t been. Even if it was at Darik’s expense, he gave a short chuckle. He would do whatever it takes to get the job. It was great that Tua had prewarned. If he didn’t, Darik wouldn’t have uttered one word at Killroy’s degrading joke.

Killroy shouted loudly calling his toy, and a young woman came over. She looked so pure, so innocent. How the hell was she at Killroys! Then she took all of Killroys verbal slings, without complaint. She must be in the same mindset as him, do whatever it takes to keep the job. Then Killroy degraded him in front of the perfectly good specimen. Then again what he said was true, except what he said in the beginning. His name was not Tanner! If Killroy forgot names this easily, he might try playing hooky most days. He doubted that Killroy was smart enough to know were his employees were. All expect Hannah, he seemed to keep a close eye on her.

After one last look of loathing from the girl, Hannah, he followed Killroy. He didn’t even glance back at Hannah, she didn’t deserve it. If she was going to judge him before they met, she wasn’t even worth his attention. No matter how hot, personalities make or break a woman.

“Okay umm… what should I call you? Is it Sir, Mr. Jollingood, or Killroy?”
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Leviathan on July 13th, 2011, 6:06 am

@Bob
Killroy shrugged his shoulders, obviously feigning ignorance of the paper as it was mentioned to him. If Tua says Bob can't be trusted, then Killroy couldn't trust him with that. "If you're too good to work here, I can understand that. Nobody is as Generous as Killroy is though. Horses shyke a lot and I don't like Hannah cleaning it up. You want this."Spoken as fact rather than question, Killroy lifted his hand, holding a single gold coin pinched in between his fingers as he slowly waved his hand in the air. "And I want someone to shovel shyke for a while. One coin a day, it's an easy job, and if I think you can be trusted, then I'll consider you more valuable." Killroy grinned as he placed the coin back in his pocket. He turned to leave the room, just as a tan-skinned girl slipped in past him. Killroy stopped to check out her ass, then look at Bob. "Gotta run. Finish up with Hannah." There was a sparkle in Killroy's eye as subtle innuendos floated in the air, then he left, leaving only Hannah and Bob in the room. She stared at him, unimpressed, but not exactly with loathing, not yet.

"So, what's your name?"

@Darik
"Killroy. I don't like Mr. Jolingood. I'm not a shriveled grape just yet!" Killroy snickered for a moment as he studied a large book, a ledger of sorts, though it was so hectic that even Killroy had difficulty reading heads or tails of it. "So, if you see horses in Sunberth, they're mine and I lost them. Right?" Killroy smiled and offered a quick wink to Killroy. "If you got any questions, you can ask Hannah, she's probably out back with the horses. Oh! You'll just love it here!" Probably not. Killroy reached up and pinched Darik's cheek viciously before releasing him and prancing back to his desk, once again he was peering into that ledger, trying to decipher its contents. Darik now had his job, three gold mizas a day, and even had Hannah if he needed guidance, though he had this strange feeling that Hannah wasn't a fan of him. Killroy was entirely to blame for that.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 6:22 am

Bob sighed as Killroy left. Business men were all the same. If you are not a customer, they won't treat you well. Even the muggers out in the streets of Sunberth are better than them. At least with them you know where you stand. Before Killroy reached the door Bob called out to him "Alright then, I'll do it!" So it was a test after all. Bob will make sure to do it well and get the real job. The one so secretive that it had to be advertised vaguely and needed a lot of Killroy's trust get it.

Then the girl Hannah asked him his name. She was pretty attractive, must be one of the many reasons Killroy is keeping her around as he remembered what Tua told him. "I'm Bob and you must be the Hannah Mr.Killroy has been talking about? Looking forward to working together with you." Bob stretched out his hand to see if she would shake it before continuing "So just point me to the direction of the places which need cleaning and I'll do it. But you'll need to tell me what you normally do with them afterwards and I'd also need you to teach me how I'd get rid of the ticks..."
Bob Barton
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next