[Location] Killroy's Kennel

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leviathan on July 13th, 2011, 6:47 am

@ Bob
Hannah looked at Bob's hand, hesitating at what exactly it meant. It wasn't that she was insipid or ignorant of the meaning of a handshake, but this was Sunberth. Bob was either genuinely polite and kind, or was building a facade. She didn't smile, but she took his hand and gave it a surprisingly strong shake, for a young woman that is. "Yes, I'm Hannah. I'll show you to the Stables and the Kennel. Sounds like you got the raw job here. Did you laugh at Killroy, or not laugh with him?" Hannah beckoned with her head to have Bob follow her. They spent maybe an hour touring Killroy's Kennel and discussing what Bob's job would be, which was simple. Pulling ticks, shoveling poop, feeding dogs, brushing dogs, keeping dogs separated, feeding horses, never riding horses, sweeping the indoors, dusting and scrubbing anything dirty, minor repairs to furniture, and never touching Hannah (this was both Hannah's and Killroy's rule).

OOCI updated your SS thread with your wages. To earn your seasonal wage, you will need to do a minimum of three threads of work. These can either be modded be me (in which I'll either play Hannah, Killroy, or both), a solo thread (where you can control only Bob as he does his crappy job), or a thread with other PCs (Such as Darik who will also be working here soon enough).

For your work threads, please post them separate rather than writing them here in the location thread. I don't want this place heavily crowded.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Darik on July 13th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Killroy gave him the answer he expected. He didn’t seem like the type to have a clear-cut boss and employee relationship. Hannah being his employee just added solid evidence to the theory.

“Yes…umm Killroy. Wait only horses? I thought you own everything that walks on four legs.” He didn’t believe a businessman like Killroy would miss the chance to capture a lone Kelvic or a stray dog. Heck, he would probably even steal a dog that had a collar and a tracking device on it. He did have powerful friends afterall.

Darik caught a glimpse of what Killroy was writing in his book. He saw his name then the number three. When he realized that must be the amount of mizas, he almost fainted. Three gold mizas, a DAY! That was more than he made in week. He would almost be guilty about playing hooky but roaming the streets was in his job description.

OCCK, don’t spam the thread, got it.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Leviathan on July 13th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Killroy looked up and gave Darik a smooth smile, then his face straightened again. "We don't steal mongrels. They are worthless monsters. Only steal the good ones. Dogs, horses, wolf pups. Also, you are to watch who comes to buy from us, because we know their merchandise is good, and if it isn't being properly cared for (which meant if it was steal-able) then we have a moral obligation to take care of it (or steal it)." Killroy's seriousness cracked into a giggle as he closed his ledger. It was set in stone now, or in paper with ink at least. Darik had his job. He would tend to horses like a normal stablehand, but he had a side mission of stealing them as well, which nobody was to know about.

OOCSame for you Darik. You can make threads for your job. 3 threads a season earns your wages. If you want a modded thread, post a request in my office.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on August 30th, 2011, 3:24 am

Morning of the 8th day of summer, 511 av.
~horse gained from here OOC approval from levi for a bit of negotiations here.

Noth brushed the newfound horse down as best he could before he brought it to the kennels at killroys. It was a dappled bay colorsplash, at about sixteen hands to the shoulder and in quite good health for its size. It's teeth and gums were clean as he could see, and the gums were a bright pink color denoting the overall health of the animal. He'd double checked the hooves, and saw the horseshoes still in good repair, and had lead the colorsplash through the morning crowds of sunberth back up here to the kennels. He'd always known the most crucial aspect of the sale was the appearance... and he had some good horseflesh here.

The bay also seemed to have a nice temperament as well making noth believe it was easily on the higher end of the spectrum of pricings, even as a draft horse, the critter was well trained for driving wagons and such tasks. Even better then his own personal horse to be sure, but such would come in time. Such a critter would be at least 110 mizas, and that would be his initial asking price. But Noth knew that wouldn't be killroy's first offer, so he'd have to sweeten the deal with a bit of smooth talking and promises of return business for the man. He would say he wouldn't accept anything less then 100 mizas for it and as the bidding started down the road he'd hold to his daggers somewhere between the 87 to 90 miza range.

That was if, it all worked out of course.

Entering the kennels, he lead the horse inside and spoke to the nearest worker to ask if he might see Killroy for a bit... he had a horse to sell and a singular deal to negotiate for any ... future animal acquisitions he might come across in his endeavors exclusively being brought here to the man's shop.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Muldris Koffurn on August 30th, 2011, 7:29 am

70th of Summer – 511

The summer sun poured over Koffurn as he wandered towards the large building. His large hood protected his face, but the sun irritated his pale arms. He wouldn’t even have bothered leaving the shade of his quaint, windowless cottage if he hadn’t run out of bones the night before. Malediction wasn’t a particularly expensive pastime, but the needed materials weren’t exactly lying on the street even though thats sometimes exactly where they were. That time I found a dead cat a few blocks my house was pretty excellent...

The buildings shade was a pleasant reprieve, but the day’s heat still permeated the air. The young Legate detached his right arm’s astral body in order to remove his hood. First the elbow, then the wrist, then the knuckles from left to right, and then the joints of his fingers until his astral arm was free to remove his hood. It was excessive and he knew that, but Koffurn had to flex his magic a few times a day in small ways in order to keep sharp.

There were many, many horses and thus many, many bones. At this point, Koffurn could almost look past all of the muscle, skin, and hair. The leg bone is connected to the shoulder bone. The shoulder bone is connected to the... body bone. The body bone is connected to the head bone. The head bone is connected to body bone... again!

He walked over to one of the animals and touched it gently. To Koffurn, the animals at the kennels were just like his backpack: big sacks of leather full of tools for him to use. He licked his lips as just the thought of Maledicting so many bones piqued his appetite. Koffurn scorned himself for not coming to the kennels sooner. It was practically a treasure chest. The air stunk of animals and their droppings, but it wasn’t overwhelming or even unpleasant.

The young Legate looked around. There were some people here to buy some animals and some who looked as if they worked at the kennels. He didn’t want to offend any potentially powerful people by mistaking them for one of the kennel hands, but he needed to find this Killroy character. In the loudest voice he could muster, he proclaimed, “Anyone know where I can find Mr. Killroy? I need inquire about some less savory products he may have.”

I’m guessing some of the animals here have to die of old age or disease or something... and dead animals leave behind bones and other such treasures.
Muldris Koffurn
Player

Words: 49489
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2011, 5:05 am
Character sheet

Postby Archelon on August 30th, 2011, 9:28 am

@ Muldris

A worker looked at him askance and then shrugged and nodded to head off towards one of the outer areas of the kennels.

Not long after a silly slim man walked into view with a jaunt in his step and focused upon Muldris with two deceptively gleaming eyes. He was an easygoing chap, whistling as he walked around Muldris in a circle, eyeing him up like a prize hound, a piece of meat, or some other sort of animal. When he spoke, a slight lisp came to his words as he clapped his hands in excitement. Muldris wouldn't know exactly what the man's actions were about, but soon enough Killroy began to speak. "Well well, what do we have here? A man that's come to see me about some unsssavory bussiness? How Exciting!"

With an exagerated skip to his step the man named killroy circled around behind the counter and leaned his head on his hand to stare dreamily eyed at the new stranger. "So... Just what are you here for anyways? A bit of rare merchandise perhaps? Killer snakes brought in from Taloba for their poison? Oooh, Don't keep me in susspense now. I sense profits in my future! Heehe, I sense that anytime a cute young man comes my way. But seriously... what are you here for? Spit it out already! What's wrong, you silly goose? The cat got your tongue? Speak up Already!"
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Muldris Koffurn on August 30th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Muldris Koffurn’s eyes widened with awe as he saw Killroy and heard how he spoke. He sounds like a Dhani! I wonder if he is... Better ask! Better not... The prospect of deadly snakes had distracted him more than Killroy’s quirks. He had to remind himself that he wasn’t at the kennels for a particular reason and not to just browse the entirety of Killroy’s menagerie. Maybe when he wasn’t so poor he would come back and look for a pet or something, but that would not be for a while.

The Legate stuttered as he looked for an excuse after scorning himself for thinking of one earlier, “You see Mr. Killroy ser... I was wondering if perhaps... you had any animals of the dead or skeletal sorts. You see... my dog is massive. It’s one of those kinds that people mistake for ponies when they see them walking by. You know what? I actually have two of those kinds of dogs. One is named... Sun... and the other one is named Berth. They are named after this wonderful city obviously...”

The Maledictor paused and bit his lip. He didn’t realize how bad of a liar he was and took pride in the little lie he had woven on the spot. He continued more confidently, “I need bones for them and I was once told that feeding them human bones, not that I have any, gives them a taste for our flesh. One morning you wake up all eaten. You probably know about that though. Anyways, I am not trying to insult your ability to keep animals alive, ser. I just... Animals die and there are a lot around here.”

A thin layer of perspiration coated Koffurn’s milky skin by the time he finished. Perhaps it was the day’s heat or perhaps the subject matter had him nervous, but regardless, he lifted his hand to his forehead and wiped it down in an attempt to remove the thin layer of moisture, but it did no good. He would have to sit in discomfort as he waited for Killroy’s response. The response felt like it took hours though in reality it must have been only seconds or less.

Finding a good supply of animal bones wasn’t the easiest to do. Sure he could buy a cheap animal and kill it, but the last time Koffurn tried that, he chickened out of killing the chicken. He decided to starve it, but he couldn’t even bring himself to do that. It had taken 2 years for the chicken to die at the ripe age of nine. Waiting for the animals to die didn’t exactly working out.
Muldris Koffurn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Archelon on August 30th, 2011, 5:52 pm

@Muldris

For a moment, all Killroy could do was blink as he stared almost increduosly at Muldris. For a time, he stayed silent long enough to place both hands on the counter to push himself upwards to direct a bit of an appraising stare at the boy. The next time he spoke it was with a due seriousness that was uncharacteristic of his normal easygoing nature. "Well... let me paraphrase that lamest lie I ever heard. You want to buy bones and dead animals. Specifically, to feed to these two fictitious horse-sized dogs named sun and berth , respectively. Which is boulderdash 'cause if anyone around here owned such specimens I'd already know about it, like a Falivan Elk Dog or an Imperial Watcher. But let's just suppose that's true, let's suppose you do have these dogs and that you still want to buy bones of the dead animals I have here. Even though feeding any dog that size anything but a fresh kill is bound to make them sick. I'll say, that... is not an easy thing to ask, boy. Not a smart thing to ask to the wrong businessman around here; I usually only deal with live stock. "

Killroy looked at Muldris with a penetrating glare, "So here's the deal... if I. that's If were to have a few dead animals around, and IF I was to sell them to someone, I'd have to be sure they wouldn't be traced back to my kennel. Especially if the rotting corpses were going to feed your dogs, which I would never recommend, or a dhani friend of yours. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Killroy watched as Muldris nodded, staying glued to his spot as the businessman stared at him. For a moment Killroy stayed silent and then shrugged, his normal carefree atttitude cracking through his stern demeanor. "Well I did say whenever a strapping young man came around I usually would have profits. And I meant it. Luck would have it, I did have a batch of five ferrets die on me just this morning. You can have them for 3 gm a piece. Quite a bargain if I must say so myself. What do you say?"

For a moment, Killroy's eyes returned back to their piercing nature, telling Muldris this was one offer, he shouldn't refuse...
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Muldris Koffurn on August 30th, 2011, 6:52 pm

It was all he could do to keep his mouth shut. The Legate speculated that he had perhaps gone in over his head. Killroy was serious business and had a reputation around Sunberth. Muldris had been lulled into a false sense of comfort by Killroy’s initially goofy manner. In addition, the man had seen through Muldris’s “ingenious” lie with seeming ease. He wasn’t being scammed at this point. He was being threatened.

Ferrets for three gold Mizas a pop? That’s ridiculous! I could get a living ferret for probably around two gold Mizas. Since when were dead animals more expensive than living ones, but... He had expected to get the ferrets cheaper than if they were alive, but there was apparently a secrecy tax in Sunberth.

Muldris would buy the ferrets. He had decided that the instant Killroy’s glare melted away his confidence, but he had some pride and needed to navigate the rest of the conversation in a way to preserve some of it. The interaction would cost him fifteen of his Mizas, but what choice did he really have? Killroy was a big player in Sunberth and Muldris Koffurn was in over his head. He tried to speak, but the words caught in his throat and his hands began to shake so he plunged them into his pockets hastily.

He eventually managed to squeeze a few words despite being strangled by terror, “You... are t-too generous Mr. Killroy. I-If I buy all five, is there sort of... discount or deal? Fifteen gold Mizas isn’t exactly something someone unemployed and young has to hand out. Perhaps you could tell me how they died? I-it would be of great help.” It may have seemed to a passerby that Muldris was haggling and battering, but in the reality that only him and Killroy knew of, he was begging.

He continued slowly and quietly as he sifted through the barrage of information, “There are other ferret sellers all over Sunberth. Tracing them back here would be impossible because I... didn’t get dead ferrets from here.” The boy Legate tried to give some sort of sly wink, but it ended up looking more like wince. He would do everything in his power to cover his tracks and make sure no one knew that Killroy was selling possible ingredients for Malediction.

If the kennel master didn’t budge to the idea of a deal for all five, Muldris would pay up the fifteen and hastily make his way out of the kennel with his pricey loot. The oppressive heat had turned excruciating. Muldris was breathing quickly and did everything in his power to quiet the frantic breaths. He had learned a valuable lesson that day: Everyone in Sunberth can be dangerous. He had no allies and no connections. If he didn’t get strong soon, he would certainly be swallowed by Sunberth’s wild tide.
Muldris Koffurn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Archelon on August 30th, 2011, 7:55 pm

@Muldris

Killroy looked at the man down the bridge of his nose. "Very well then, you'll buy five ferrets for 15gm total." Clapping his hands to summon Hannah he leaned over to whisper something in her ear.

Hannah returned with a burlap sack, which appeared to have bloodstains on the bottom of it. Taking a look inside Killroy cursed, [color=tan]"Hannah I thought I told you only the ferrets."

The woman looked balefully at him before shrugging" Come on boss, you know they were still stuck in the gullet of the wolf cub who choked on them. No way am I reaching my hand down there."

Sighing Killroy turned and gestured to the sack, "Take it and leave your mizas on the counter my good boy. The sack's free of course; come back to do business again! I always love return customers."
Ledger and equipment notes :
-Deduct 15 gm from your ledger
Malediction Materials:
-Add five ferret corpses
-Add one year old wolf corpse.
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext