[Location] The Knight's Armory

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 6:25 am

Knight's Armory

The best place in all of Sunberth to acquire a weapon, the armory is a small facility and is incapable of producing mass orders. Instead it gets by on stocking its warehouses through less savory means, usually collecting weapons from the dead or robbing the occasional merchant down by the markets. Thusly, their wares are unpredictable, and it's unlikely one can convince the smiths to take personal orders unless the proper motivations are exchanged. The majority of weapons to come out of the armory are at least guaranteed to not not break on initial use and are sharpened (making them a step above the Seaside market), but none of them are particularly special; unless that is one manages to gain the attention of the forge master.

The Armory is a large, dark building with few windows. Each corner houses it's own smithy complete with anvils, tools, and a hearth for heating metal. Raw materials are kept in the center where the four smiths share what they have, relying on the few apprentices they have to ferry metals and tend to the random chores of the shops. The front is connected to the main forge area and houses no stock, instead a counter stands between the front entrance and the small hall that leads to the smithies. The back is a combination of rooms (for the smiths and their apprentices) and a fifth, final smithy, isolated from the rest of the establishment with its own specialized tools and combination bed room. The master smith stays here, bereft of apprentices, where he makes weapons and armor for the wealthier members of the city.

Unlike most forges the Armory right out denies most requests. You either buy what they have in stock, which changes on a regular basis, or provide incentive for them to make you something.

ServicesThe Armory makes weapons and armor of all shapes and sizes for the right price, and paying extra for the master smith guarantees you a superior item. Otherwise, any weapon or armor on the price list can be found at the Armory with no risk of it being in disrepair.

NPCs

Karos Fistreaver Coglias
An old Isurian with a chip on his shoulder, Karos is not an easy man of which to deal. He's stocky, strong, and a master with his hammer in both the forge and out of it, and worse yet he just does not like people. At all. He spends his days tucked back in his isolated smithy, crating items of immense value for no one in particular, perhaps only to hone or prefect his trade. Few know much of anything about Karos and he prefers it that way, snubbing those that try to worm there way closer to him. Even his employed smiths view him as a mystery. He never takes apprentices and despite his knowledge of crafting he keeps the information to himself, content to exist in his mediocre pedestal among the citizens of Sunberth.

Blacksmithing 53, Armor Smithing 61, Weapon Smithing 76, Metalsmithing 50, Negotiation 30, Business 17, Magecraft 43
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lucy on July 28th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Date: 26th of Summer, 511 AV

Lucy just walked into the armory. She heared that smiths like to rise prices. She didn't know if it was fake, but she also didn't wanted to check. She needed weapon, she was stupid comeing in Sunbreth without it. So, she walked into armory without saying anything. She didn't want to even pretend to be nice, she wanted to seem smart. Actually she had no idea about prices, so she gave her best to scare smiths.
"Good morning", she said loudly. It was morning, as she said. She thought that's the safest time here. But, guess smiths aren't in good mood that early. One of smiths answered with "Good morning" without even looking at her. Everybody here desperatly need weapons, so they really don't need to worry about customers.
"I need 10 iron wirst knifes. And knife and dagger, iron too. How long I have to wait?"
"We already have it. You can buy it now", he answered without looking again.
"And how much is it?"
"40gm"
It seemed ok to her so she bought it. She was happy she got it so fast, she thought she'll have to wait. She paid, took weapons and left.
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cade on July 29th, 2011, 11:30 pm

TS: 1st day of summer, 511 av

The half blood savage entered the Armory with his bare chest exposed to his surroundings. He looked around knowing exactly what he needed and made quick work making the distance to the smitty. He was not looking for his master crafted wears for Cade was poor.....for now. No, instead he laid his list down, looking at the hardened man before him.

" I need Studded leather armour, a nasal helmet, light crossbow with one quiver of bolts and four throwing knives........" He relayed the order in his fathers thick myrain accent " please and thank you". Cade having priced out the equipment he needed, placed ninety gold rimmed mizahs onto the counter. " That should cover it".
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Drayton on July 30th, 2011, 8:38 pm

21st of Summer, 511 AV

It was dark and the ringing of hammers and metals colliding was audible even in the small front room of the smithy. Eleanor let the door slam behind her as she approached the counter with quick steps. The young woman scratched at her neck, the rough edges of her dirty nails rasping against her skin. Don't be nervous, you paid Tua, he knows his job well. You're strong and able, and this will be a stepping stone... You'll be making things, not taking.

Nonetheless, Eleanor gulped vainly at the sharp lump forming around her voicebox as she waited. He'll take a look at your bony elbows, thin face, and send you home... She gnawed on her lip impatiently in the dark of the smithy.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Leviathan on August 4th, 2011, 2:36 pm

@ Drayton

At the counter sat a young man, couldn't be any older than Drayton, if he was even that old, with black-stained once-brown hair, black soot smeared face, and gloves that were two sized too big for him. His thick shirt was darkened by the recent embrace of sweat from labor and incredible forge-heat. He must have been taking a break, or just finished his job because he looked almost peaceful until Drayton approached. 'More work' seemed to be the very thought moving through his head as he scowled.

He waited for a moment, waiting for the girl to make her request, but she was quiet still. "The petch do you want, bitch?" How rude, but this kid obviously was not the smith. One of his workers for certain, but a little shit he was. "Talk or get out. Brega's is on the other side of town if you want work." Strike number two, calling Drayton a whore. He seemed like he could do this all day without so much as a grin at his "witty" harassment.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Drayton on August 6th, 2011, 12:38 am

The boy’s crude words did little to make Eleanor uncomfortable, quite the opposite, actually. Rudeness , and insults for the simple crime of being a woman were familiar ground. As the words slipped away from his lips Eleanor felt the painful sticking in her throat fade away. Quite aware of how to act in this situation her tongue loosened. “Well, shithead, I won’t be needing Brega, I’m here for your job. Name’s Drayton and your boss knows I’m coming.”

The girl leaned on a bony elbow, closing some of the distance the counter had put between them. Her sharp chin stuck out defiantly at his slouched form. “Dawdling will only make it me look more appealing, so why don’t you walk your pimply, pubescent ass into the back there and let him know I’m here.”

A small smirk crossed her face in the gloom as she stared at the boy, waiting for his reaction to her retaliation. Little prick treats me like I’m fresh off the boat. But a new thought slide across her mind as she watched him. Though it might have been better to not have my first talk with a coworker start with insults… Ah, what the petch, he started it. And with that she wiped away any regrets and worries that may have scurried over her mind. The harsh language had made her decidedly calmer about the whole job business.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Leviathan on September 2nd, 2011, 4:13 pm

OOCI'm so sorry for the delay. Since this was my fault, I'll make sure you still get your season income for Summer

Drayton caught the boy grinning as she returned his insults with her own, equally rough language. It was almost like some silly Sunberth initiation, to dish out what you took. To have someone be rude, the only acceptable way to respond is in likeness. He nodded, chuckled, flashed a rather rude sign with his hands, then disappeared to talk to the Isur, the proprietor of the smithy.

Then the boy returned and shook his head. "Old shyke it too busy to peel himself away from his work, but he says yer late. Everyone's always late around 'ere though. Don't let it get under yer skin. You c'n start work whenever you want. Only a few rules. Don't steal shyke. Don't be a lazy vagik. Don't petch around when work'sta be done. Don't bother Karos Fistreaver for nothin' if he's working. Nearly took my head off just now, thanks to you."
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Darik on January 15th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Quick, Fast, Easy.
Date: 2 Winter, 511 AV
A young clerk sat at the front desk of the Knight’s Armory doodling on a piece of paper. As he drew a particularly vicious sword, a young man burst into the room. He was wearing tanned leather, cheap but efficient. He had looked rushed, but when he had entered the building he regained his composure. As he came up to the clerk, he groaned inside his head. No doubt this man would be a handful, everything about him blurted out one word: arrogant.

And yet, the thing on his right forearm explained his whole story. He had the right to be arrogant, he was one of the Daggerhand. And no wonder he had been hurried to get here, even though this area wasn’t owned by Sun’s Birth, or the Daggerhand, it was much closer to the Gated Community than the Rotting Mansion. Walking without purpose was asking to get ganked.

“What do you need?” He was on bit of a short temper, it was getting close to lunch time. “Three throwing knives and make it quick.”
”Have you used throwing knives before? The man was a bit embarrassed to say anything, but he finally put some words to the obvious. ”No.”

”Very well.” The man walked into a back room and brought out six throwing knives. Three were regular, standard steel, while the others looked a lot ricketier with some wood showing. “The three that aren’t steel are training weapons. They can be used to improve your skills, but don’t use them in a real fight. They won’t hold up so well. If you want both it will cost you four gold mizas, and five silver mizas.” A quick exchange of money and the man know owned six throwing daggers.

Yet, they weren’t done yet. The man was gawking at a weapon that could cause come serious heart damage. ”We got that from a myrian warrior about as tall as you. Sorry the blood’s still coated on it, he killed so many its impossible to get out. It’s a shame he didn’t see that arrow from behind.”

”Will it fit me?” “Let’s see.”The clerk removed the two weapons from the wall and showed them to the man. He then showed him how to fasten them on his arms. The three claws neatly fit in the holder, and with a fast flip of his forearm they would be in ready position ready to attack.

After the man had tried this a few times, the clerk told him the miza amount. While the man was astonished, he still forked over the correct amount. After he found nothing else of interest, he left the store. Ahhh….just another boring day of working at the Knight’s Armory.
Transaction3 Throwing daggers- 3 gm
3 Metal core throwing daggers- 1.5 gm
Two Wrist Razors – 130 gm
Total: 134.5 gm
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on March 12th, 2012, 11:03 am

Kreig did not like going to the smithy, mainly because its owner was of the unociable kind who rather get things done now rather than carrying on mindless chatter. It wa a small reason, since the majority of the time he dealt with the other blokes who worked there. As frequent as he visited the joint, it was almost always to repair his Gauntlets, the only thing left to remind him of his father, or at least the memory he grew up around. Today, it wasn't to fix his beloved gauntlets, but to actually purchase something.

"What? you? Buying a longsword?" saif one of the amused apprenties charged with manning the counter for today "A numbskull who like punching peoples' faces in and gets stabbed on numerable occasions? Thats a joke, especially from a petcher like you, Kreig" Chuckled the brat as Kreig's expense

"Oh be mature dear boy. Yes, as hard as it is to believe I , for reasons thrust upon be an insufferable oath, am required to learn how to use the sword and thus, buy said weaponry" He said as he give an annoyed look as the young man manning the counter 'Ugh, at least I''l learn boxing from said oaf, punching things always feels good' He thought, conveniently imagining punching the young man right now

"Alright Alright, stop giving me that look. Since this is a special occasion, allow me to impart a little bit of a suggestion, alongside your original order, a steel longsword and a couple of wooden ones. How 'bout you buy two more practice weapons 'cept bolted to a metal strap?" suggested the young 'clerk' as he tapped his fingers on the counter " Reason why is; A longsowrd is a lot 'evier than a wooden one, the ones with a metal strap are 'evier an' closer to the weight of a real one. So trainin' with 'em helps get a handle on using one"

"I see you are smarter than given credit for, dear boy" Kreig said, impressed by the young mans reasonable suggestion "I already know the cost of the iron sword and practice weapons, what of the two you suggested?"

"Since the original purchase amounts to Twenty-two Gold Mizas and 5 silver Miza's, with the addition of the Metal-cored ones it amounts to 37 Gold ones and 5 Silver ones" He said letting his hand out in order to take the money.

"Fair enough I suppose" He thought as he reached into his purse, pulling out the correct amount and placing it in the young mans hand 'this training better be worth the small trouble'

After counting the small, delectable, amount, the yooungman nodded " Alright, wait 'ere a few and I'll be out with the goods" He said, a few moments later Kreig left with the bundles of 'joy'
Waiting to be usedand fulfill their purpose.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kale Sordonis on March 12th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Spring 3rd, 512 A.V.

As the door slammed behind him, to the shock of the boy behind the counter, Kale quickly strode up to the clerk. "I need as much coal as you can spare. Make it quick if you could, and I'll toss you a gold Miza for your efforts. Please no chit-chat if you could, I'm in a rush."

Slowly, the boy looked up at him, and sarcastically mimed as though he was sewing his lips shut. Rolling his eyes, the boy departed into the back. Impatiently, Kale tapped his foot on the ground. There was work to be done, and he needed that coal now. A fire needed to be built, and it would take about two days of effort to get it going.

The boy came back with a large sack. "I can give you 10 pounds. That's it. Total cost is 15 gold mizas, plus my 2 gold mizas for being quick and quiet."

Reaching into his bag, Kale produced 15 gold mizas and dropped them on the counter top. As the boy counted he exclaimed, "Hey, where's my tip?!"

As Kale walked out the door he called back, "Your tip is this: Its best to accept what people give you and not ask for more, lest you get nothing."
Progress. One gear at a time.
Kale Sordonis
Player

Words: 7803
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 2:07 am
Character sheet

Next