(Un)Dead Medicine (Reaver)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ephraim on July 13th, 2011, 1:30 pm

22th day of Summer, 511 AV

"Ah, no sudden movements. Be sure to never touch your chest beyond lightly, breathe too quickly, or all around wiggle too much. I put the ribs back in place, but the holes they made I can't do much for. I'd recommend laying still for another day or two... in an actual bed rather then a table." Eph jerked, than shrieked with pain at what this sudden movement done to his chest. Like there was fire burning inside. The half-blood cursed loudly and then whimpered like a kicked puppy. Tears welled up in his eyes. ”Ow...That wasss bad.” He commented. ”Don't sssneak like that....” Eph added, though most likely Reaver hand't even tried to be stealthy. At the word bed, Eph remembered something and looked down. ”Thiss isn't actual table, iss it?” He asked, with his had still aching and every movement causing a nausea.

. "Should I write some sort of note to your mother about the, 'cause?' I'm not sure 'several-on-one fight' would be something she'd like to hear." Eph's eyes shot up and again he moved against his own will, which caused another thunder of pain rolling through his body. ”No! No..ow..ow..no..” He protested between gasps of a hot air. His mother was the last person he wanted to know about all this. Not that she would yell at him...Not by far. Eph would actually preferred it. No, she would just look at him with these sad, green eyes and said how of a disappointment her son had grown up to be. ”Leave my mother out of this. She has enough troubles.” The half-Dhani breathed and laid down calmly with his eyes shut closely. It didn't really wondered Eph why Reaver even wanted to inform his patient's mother about anything. ”I am all grown up now.” Ephraim added just to make sure. He went to scratch his chest when discovered he was actually still half naked. A blush crept up the mixed blood cheeks. ”My ssshirt! Where isss it?”” Eph tried to reach with his hand and luckily his precious protection from the world was not far. It was all dirty and covered in fluids Ephraim didn't want to name but it didn't stop him from trying to put it on. While lying down which created a rather comical view but after a moment the shirt was in its place and Eph with gritted teeth was trying to fight off the surges of pain. He didn't care the piece of clothing was turned on the wrong side...On the bright side, the reeking stench seemed to vanish or it just had eaten note Ephraim's sense of smell.

"I'm not sure you can even think yet, what am I doing lecturing you now. Shall we get you some tea? It'll do you a lot more good then a bandage. I'll help you stand, but walk very carefully." Eph couldn't imagine to sit down, let alone walk. He looked at Reaver with shocked and baffled expression, like she was two sandwiches short of a picnic. Before the half-blood could protest Reaver lend out her hand. So the doctor was really crazy...Whinging like an unhappy child Epraim complied and took Reaver's arm. It was strangely cold, even covered in clothes. Though Eph didn't really took notice as he was trying not to fall over from pain. "I'm quite sure you're familiar with the pains by now, but if you're to get home at all, I'd rather you have some practice moving. Maybe it'll help me come up with a creative excuse for why you can't move for a few days." Could you even get familiar with such pain? Eph just groaned in response. His hand clenched tightly to Reaver's but she didn't seem to mind. The feeling of being probed with a hot iron and his doctor was mercilessly dragging him somewhere. Eph focused on breathing, clenching his jaws tightly. She led him for what seemed to Eph like eternity to meet someone else. Eph eyed everyone suspiciously but took a cup. He wanted to drink something badly...The wall added to the pain he was feeling but the half-blood managed to bring the cup to his dry lips and took a sip but spat half of it right after. ”By the godsss thisss tassstes like horssse dung!” He hissed like an angry snake, but Eph's thirst pushed him to forces some more of this horrid liquid down his throat. The half-Dhani could barely keep the content in the stomach. When finished, the young mixed blood looked much worse than before drinking.

OOCUhmm lukcy him? ;D
My other characters:

Jamisia Abijah - Ahnatep [flashbacks] and currently Alvadas

Don't hesitate to PM about roleplays :)
Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Words: 32199
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2011, 6:03 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 13th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Reaver was caught between the joy of his childish responces, and the sadness of knowing that was what would make it the hardest for him to recover. ”Thiss isn't actual table, iss it?” "It is also a box. Try not to think too hard about it."

”I am all grown up now.” Reaver went to respond, but was interrupted. "So~"”My ssshirt! Where isss it?” Reaver let him move about and get his shirt. He answered after. "All grown up, but do you have a place you can stay other then you're mother's then? A job? Your, skill set implied otherwise."

Reaver's friend was torn, his smile shifted to a worried expression once he got a look at the patient. "I didn't think you aided... other kinds." "Hush, you, I aid anyone who follows me. It's all valuable research." "Just don't stay too long." A scowl on Reaver's face, hidden well. "I'll be sure to do that." ”By the godsss thisss tassstes like horssse dung!” Reaver looked, and watched him continue. At least his body knows what it needs. Reaver took the cup back once he'd finished. "Now, where is it you're staying. Would it be trouble to lead you there, or shall I try and make the table a touch more comfortable?"
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ephraim on July 13th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Ephraim didn't want to think too hard so he had left the box alone. After all, Reaver had saved his life, he had no reason to complain. All grown up, but do you have a place you can stay other then you're mother's then? A job? Your, skill set implied otherwise." What the hell of a question was that? Ephraim looked at Reaver with flaring anger. ”No, no I don't” He spat defiantly and decided to end the topic before it got too touchy. Yes, he still lived with his mother and he didn't really have many skills aside for running from guards and stealing. Not that he needed more anyway.

He didn't really listen to the conversation between the two until the word 'kind' didn't appear. ”And what kind I am sssuposssed to be?” Eph snarked and continued to drink the awful tea. On many occasions honest people cared to remind him about his heritage he should get used to it. But no...He hadn't and treating him as something else than human could send Eph over the edge.

"Now, where is it you're staying. Would it be trouble to lead you there, or shall I try and make the table a touch more comfortable?" Ephraim almost choked on tea. Was she implying Eph could sleep at her place. No..Just no. The mixed blood looked at Reaver with unsure face expression.”No..I will find the way myself...” He rolled his eyes theatrically but you wanted to learn something as I remember.”[/color] Ephraim hated to have debts. Especially debts with someone who was willing to help him despite his Dhani ancestry, which was rare among humans. Eph clenched the cup in his hands, not sure what to do now. Reaver seemed to be a very unpredictable being.

OOCSorry for shortness ): Didn't know what to put more.
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 16th, 2011, 2:59 am

”And what kind I am sssuposssed to be?” Reaver threw her cloak between the two, holding it up with her arm. The fisherman likewise jumped back. "The dangerous kind, I suppose." The man answered. Reaver added: "You're simply among the outcast kinds. Dangerous isn't racial." The man answered, "I suppose you're right some of the time, but not always." ...the conversation continued from there as normal, as Reaver slowly lowered her arm.

”No..I will find the way myself...” ”but you wanted to learn something as I remember.” Reaver sighed. "The only place you can find is an empty grave. Stop arguing, you know I'm right. You're in no shape to teach anything right now. I can't collect payment from a dead person, I'd rather see you made it to wherever you'll be staying."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ephraim on July 17th, 2011, 8:11 am

Ephraim scoffed at being called dangerous. He had met plenty Humans who were far more dangerous and nutty than him. Like this one girl with a bow. He finished the last droplets of the nasty drink, eying Reaver suspiciously what else she would think of to torment him or his taste buds.

"The only place you can find is an empty grave. Stop arguing, you know I'm right. You're in no shape to teach anything right now. I can't collect payment from a dead person, I'd rather see you made it to wherever you'll be staying." The mixed blood's eye narrowed, when he heard this but couldn't deny Reaver's her logic. He was in no shape to pick pocket anyone, even to show how to do it, but felt really insulted that she was assuming he wouldn't find his way home.

Knowing that there was no point in arguing with the odd doctor, Eph just nodded with resignation and gave back the cup. The horrible taste of the 'tea' was still burning his tongue. Maybe he should get something to eat, to wash away this thing from his mouth but at the sheer thought of eating something, his insides twirled in a silent protest.

”Can we go now?” He asked, a bit shakily. Ephraim decided he wanted to sleep and rest. Maybe paying Reaver later was not such a bad idea. Of course he could refuse this but maybe Ephraim was a thief, he knew that it was worth it to have an acquaintance with so useful skills. After all Eph rarely met people who could look passed their prejudice toward mixed bloods and Dhani. This time he would keep his end of the bargain and teach Reaver some fancy thieving tricks and maybe could learn something in return.

The mixed blood looked at Reaver with hopes they could go now and leave that unpleasant, racist person that gave him nasty herbs to drink.

OOCNow Eph will be all clingy toward Reaver, treating her like his new best friend :3
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 17th, 2011, 5:09 pm

”Can we go now?” "Yes, of course. I'll lead where told to, and stop as needed." Reaver would 'lead' Ephraim to where it was that he was hoping to go. The strange looks from any onlookers aside, they wouldn't be hindered, minus a couple deviations to avoid guards.

OOCNot much for me to put there without knowing where I'm going. :P If asked why they are avoiding the guards, Reaver answers "They're racist to everyone."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ephraim on July 18th, 2011, 2:43 pm

23 Summer, 511 AV

Ephraim gathered his injured body and motioned Reaver to follow him. The young mixed blood refused any help, more to retain any control over situation than foolish pride. They tried to avoid the Ebonstryfe guards who were always a trouble even when they weren't, something Eph had learned long ago. Even when you don't suspiciously prowl, you better avoid the guards. You never knew when you would become the next scape goat. Especially since the half-Dhani had no means to defend himself.

Occasionally Ephraim complained loudly or whined about his pains, if only to check that Reaver was still following him. He started to wonder what she looked like behind the mask. Was it just a way to retain anonymity or she had some horrible scarring there. It even surprised Eph how little he protested about showing the doctor where he lived. The mixed blood was very careful about it, not to let any of his caretaker know what he had been up to and with who he had been running around. Reaver was a doctor, not some thug plus she had saved his life. Eph wondered when was the last time someone had helped him just like that aside from the family.

Just outside of his house, Eph felt another wave of pain, hiding like a coiled snake in his chest. He leaned against the primitive fence and breathed in a humid air. The house was small, nothing to show off, but it was a place to sleep. He could see his mother, her brown hair passing by the window. Despite the pain Ephraim ducked down, avoiding his mother's gaze. "Ok, I can manage from here." He said through clenched teeth and looked at the expressionless mask.

OOCNo worries ^.^
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 18th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Reaver was disappointed he was unable to help the person find his way, but didn't argue. His occasional whines and complaints were matched with offers to help him stand, or to walk up front rather then behind. Once they found his house, Reaver sighed with a touch of relief actually getting through.

He dropped to the floor suddenly, and Reaver lurched tword him, only to then hear him say: "Ok, I can manage from here." The concern on her face would probably look like a glare when you could only see the eyes. They softened up, as she realized they were finally at safety. "Should you need anything else, like making a payment, you can find me at my lab. Leave a note should I be out wandering around. I tend to do a lot of field work." With that, Reaver made her way back the way she came, only taking one last chance to watch him make his way inside before continuing the rest of the way.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ephraim on July 20th, 2011, 11:49 am

23d day of Summer, 511 AV

His mother didn't notice her awkwardly ducking son, neither his strange looking friend. She was generally not very observant creature, otherwise she might have noticed species of her partners. At least everyone thought she hadn't known the man had been a Dhani. I mean who in the right mind would with a monster snake...Eph shook his head, banishing the odd thoughts. Maybe he was getting fever again. Reaver's words make him at the doctor. He didn't know what to say in all honesty. Was thank you enough? In truth he felt a bit bad Reaver had to go, no one had taken care of him like that in a long time. Only then he remembered that it was not all free and nodded sadly. ”I alwaysss pay my debtsss. Meet me at your housssse in fourteen daysss.” He announced proudly and dragged himself back up, just in time to see Reaver leaving. ”Thank you.” He muttered after her, a bit ashamed since he never got used to such pleasantries.

With a heavy sigh, the mixed blood opened the doors and tried to slip unnoticed into the bed, pretending he was there all along. His uncle was away and mother was busy, judging by a small humming she was sewing or something like that. Ephraim liked the sound of this song, he remembered it being sang to him when he had been a little rut. It made him feel all guilty again but the pain was slowly pushing it aside. Most likely there will be many questions later, some yelling and hysteria but for now Eph was in the clear and just laid down on the cheap bed. Before he could even manage few coherent thoughts, Ephraim fell asleep, with a gentle humming song filling his dreams.

OOCI guess that's it then. Thank you very much for a very enjoyable thread^^ Is it going to be graded now?
My other characters:

Ephraim
Mangy Mongrel Thief

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on August 11th, 2011, 1:04 am

Ephraim

• +1 Acting
  • +1 Mathematics
  • +3 Observation
  • +3 Interrogation
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores: Trying to Mask the Pain, The Trials of the Singing Crab, Gauntlets of the Dead, The Question of a Name, Rumor: Rebellion in Ravok (Poor), Saved by the Dead, Owing a Debt to the Dead, A New Friend Made

Injury: Due to certain complications in the procedure, Ephraim's ribs will never perfectly heal. From time to time he will feel pain in his ribs (especially on cold days or in the mornings). These pains can range from minor annoyance to temporarily debilitating. Light stretching can usually work out the minor pain, though rest may be required for more severe pain. Also, his ribs are now slightly more prone to breaking when injured.

Reaver

• +1 Poetry
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +3 Observation
  • +4 Medicine
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +1 Philosophy
  • +1 Projection
  • +1 Surgery

Lores:. Angering the Half-Breed, Work for Knowledge, Act not on Fear, Half-Dhani Anatomy (Poor), Using Projection to Assist in Operating, A New Friend Made

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on the various xp awards or anything else, please feel free to PM me.

Notes: A nice little thread, I enjoyed reading it. And Eph, I like that graveyard phrase actually. I might have to use it one day. And Reaver, while I applaud your creativity in tending to Ephraim's wounds, due to your low skill and the added complication of using Projection (also a low skill), I couldn't let the operation go perfectly smooth. Sorry Eph. ^^
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous