Location [Alvadas Location] The Gaping Maw

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] The Gaping Maw

Postby Zlakalia on August 6th, 2011, 11:18 pm

(25th of Summer 510AV)
Zlakalia had been traveling with a caravan, but they had continued ahead when her cart slowed. She was alone, her cart led by a borrowed animal. Zlakalia was silent, contemplating her plan here. Only rumors and light reading had carried any news of the town before her, of the giant stone face that peered down with cold calculating eyes. Still, she showed no surprise when the face asked its question and awaited its response.

"I come to meet Ionu, to see if he is in need of balance. I will bring him balance." Her words were spoken loudly and with pure truth. Her methods for bringing balance might be questionable, but her motives were pure and clean.

Zlakalia needed to start getting business. She didn't know how long it would take to find Ionu, and she didn't have that long in this mysterious city. This was a new life. She urged the cart forward as the mouth opened wide.
Last edited by Zlakalia on August 15th, 2011, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zlakalia
The Psycho Pycon

Words: 69462
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2011, 7:48 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caedeserus on August 7th, 2011, 1:45 am

25th day of Summer 510 AV

The ghost and his sword sat on the cart with his Pycon companion. Apparently their plan this time was to go after Ionu. Her plan actually, Caedeserus was just along for the ride but it was going to be a sweet ride. Not like the cart ride. That one was slow and boring. The only thing he could do was listen to the Pycon and her over-complicated plots.

As his friend answered the pycon, the ghost let out a little chuckle and leant over to her whispering "Don't you mean we?" and then looking back at the face he pointed to the pycon and claimed "I'm with her" riding on her motives and reasons as he had none at all besides being near the sword and its wielder as he becomes stronger.

Then Caedeselus followed the cart in as it rode into the city. What will happen to them then? Will his pycon friend succeed in her goals here? Or will she fail miserably? Again the ghost chuckled thinking that. It will be definitely be something to see for himself.
Sorry this PC has been disallowed. Those who I am currently in threads with please ignore his interactions and continue as you want. Very sorry for any complications.
Caedeserus
Cursed Sword

Words: 7653
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Kakoli on August 7th, 2011, 2:28 am

A smiling face carved, no... made from the stone walls which rise to protected the city was the greeting she received. It's eyes, though blank and looking forward, only gazed at her. No matter how she moved, shuffled, twitched, it's target was her.

Kakoli stood there staring right back at it. Her emotions mixing inside her; fear, joy, intimidation, and excitement. She was awed as such a structure. She couldn't believe it was there. As childish as she thought, she wanted to run right up to it, climb it, and touch the face which looked down onto her. Yet... she wanted to back away. It's empty eyes, what seemed to look beyond her, gave no clue as to its true intentions; to encourage a visit or send wanderers away.

She could contain her impulse no longer. Kakoli ran up to meet the face, ready to meet what is hidden behind the large mask. She found no entrance. Defeated, realizing its intention to send off, she turned her back only to be taken off her returning course by voice.

"You have come in search of the City of Illusion. Tell me, stranger, why are you here?"

At first she found it odd. 'Talking walls?', she thought, 'Walls don't talk and they never will. Am I right?' She now gazed at it in disbelief, but began to take some thought. 'So it called this place the City of Illusion? Maybe he is an illusion. Maybe accepting this illusion will let me in to it.' Although still in disbelief, she answered, "I am here in search of a master."

And much to her chagrin, the large face opened its mouth and revealed the covered path.
Kakoli
"Ever so curiouser"

Words: 12161
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kinneas on August 13th, 2011, 3:48 am

10th Summer 510 AV

Kinneas sighed as he walked along with Miro, the kid walking slightly ahead because their destination was clear enough and he did not need to lead anymore. He was glad that Miro was excited about seeing Alvadas, the gods knew that Kinneas had told him enough stories about the place to capture his imagination. Kinne would laugh some, taking some time to remember all that had happened here. Both good and bad memories lied shrouded this place for him, Alvadas, his home. Though in this homecoming he wanted it to be sweet, and to show Miro everything that Alvadas held for him when he was a child. Knowing Miro is hardly a child anymore, but still quite child-like himself, he smiled at the chance to share his home with him. Over the years he found that his thoughts on Miro were changing, and he felt responsible for him, he, in his own mind, had become the guy’s guardian.

”Miro,” He started watching the boy who had gotten ahead of him, mostly because of his own slowness in walking due to his bruised legs. Having been training a little too hard nights in a row he hadn’t had the proper time to heal before traveling again, but then again it was going to be nice to finally be home. Their collective funds were running slim, and he knew that Alvadas had plenty of jobs for hire. That and he could show the boy around town, well, the best he could since it was ever shifting, ever changing. It would be interesting to say the least. ”could you slow down a bit?” he asked seeing him getting even further ahead, in excitement? He smiled wondering just how excited Miro was to see Alvadas.

Finally reaching the gates he looked up at the face, that itself having the power to invoke memories of when he left Alvadas, and only looked up at it impassive as it asked the question, ”We are here, returning, to Alvadas. In seek of shelter and work.” He told it quite simply, and then continued through the gates.
Last edited by Kinneas on August 13th, 2011, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinneas
Player

Words: 60886
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on August 13th, 2011, 4:23 am

Miro walked hurriedly along the path, his face lit up with excitement more and more the closer he got. His imagination going out of control filling his mind with all of the storied Kinneas had told him about his home. His chest ached with eagerness and his heartbeat was quick, time was seeming to slow the closer her got. Behind him Kinneas staggered forward showing obvious signs of injury, he felt guilty carrying a cane while his best friend limped behind him.

Kinneas called out to him, beckoning him to slow down. Miro didn't want to slow down, he wanted to be there already! He had never gotten to see a real town before and the way Kinneas described it made it seem grand and magical, almost unreal. "But Kinne! you ALWAYS do this! If you don't want you leg to hurt don't kick trees for hours on end!" Miro stopped to let Kinneas catch up, and crossed his arms stubbornly. He looked up and his gaze caught the stone face that stared back into him. He had no words to describe his feelings, his eyes flashed a shade of blue, and he clenched his fists in excitement.

As Kinneas neared, they both started to walk forward together. Kinneas stated that they had to find work and that shelter awaited them. Miro nodded in acknowledgement, as they proceeded through the gates.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Delanie Moon on August 18th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Delanie walked up to the gates of Alvadas with confidence in her step. That was the first thing she had learned in her first training lessons. Walk like you know what your doing cause your enemies will pick you apart if you dont. On the oustside Delanie might appear calm, maybe even bored. On the inside she was the opposite. Her heart was racing, kinda like after a hard fight. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, checking for any unknown creatures. When she felt completely comfortable she took a step towards the stoned enterance.

"You have come in search of the City of Illusion. Tell me, stranger, why are you here?"

Delanie's body froze but her mind raced on. She had scanned this area intently, she was sure no one could be there with her. As she cast out her senses and searched again, nothing came up. Delanie's eyes finally looked at the stone face that had been looking at her already. It gazed at her with such an innocent look. This cant be the face that produced that voice. Delanie thought silently. Such a voice was dangerous, filled with strength and knowledge. The voice filled her mind leaving no room for question.

"You speak in my head. You cannot tell me you do not know the thoughts that go through it, and the reason I am here."

Delanie waited silently. She didnt recieve any signal that she was aloud to enter, but in her heart she knew. As she took her first steps into the mysterious city of Alvadas she knew these were going to be the first steps to finding the ones responsible for killing her Pa.
Delanie Moon
Player

Words: 17806
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Character sheet

Postby Belaya Smert on August 20th, 2011, 5:40 am

14th day of summer, 511 AV

Belaya Smert walked down the path, katana in hand as always. Happy as he was to get to somewhere safer than the wilderness, there was always something he liked about the wild. He wanted to change into a wolf and run back into the forests, but he resisted urge, remembering what had happened last time. Flinching, he forced the thoughts out of his head and stepped in front of the gate.

"You have come in search of the City of Illusion. Tell me, stranger, why are you here."

Looking up, he could feel the eyes questing over him, even though he knew they were of stone. "I come to pay back a debt, for a service I did not ask for. I will probably not be able to pay it back, nor find the person to which I owe it to. It matters not. I might find something to do either way."

As he sat awaiting an answer that never came, he grew angry and stormed through the entrance. What awaited him surprised him.
Last edited by Belaya Smert on August 20th, 2011, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belaya Smert
Player

Words: 19991
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 4:49 am
Character sheet

Postby Koha on August 20th, 2011, 6:59 am

1st Summer 511 AV

Koha threw her arms out wide, her head to the sky and twirled in a large colorful circle as she reached the top of the path. She began to flit about, running in excitement whereever the wind and her spirit seemed to lead her, but always forward. She reached the end of the path and stopped still, her heart pounding, her skin flush and her eyes darkening. She bowed before the familiar stone face, blew a kiss and let out a chuckle before planting her bare feet firmly to the earth and letting her hands come to rest on her hips. She projected her voice, though she knew it wasn't necessary, and held nothing back.

"No need to ask, my old stone face, for you and I both know I am here for the best. It's been a long time, old friend, so I've decided to visit home. I need time to think and I could not dream of a better place."

Koha gave the face a genuine smile, for she was indeed happy to come back to the one place that was ever referred to as "home". The mouth just opened in welcome and she sashayed though the opening, letting her bells, beads and scarves dance and sing her accompaniment.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our
people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views
of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the
earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain
Koha
Player

Words: 10715
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2010, 3:59 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Violet Mayonaka on August 21st, 2011, 4:59 pm

Violet slowly, stood up and looked around. She had no memory of how she had gotten here and was suspicious of the strange face in front of her. "What are you?" She called out. The large face ignored her question and simply asked, “You have come in search of the City of Illusion. Tell me, stranger, why are you here?”
Jumping back slightly, Violet timidly replied, "I have no memory and am simply wishing to find a place to reside for a while."
The face suddenly opened and Violet took her first steps into the strange place. Water covered the path in front of her and she lifted her long black cloak, while looking around at the bazaar place. A woman dressed in colorful clothing danced in front of her and to her left was a large tavern, covered in vines and baring the sign "The Wolf's Cave". She quickly disappeared into this welcoming place before she could find herself even more confused.
Violet Mayonaka
Player

Words: 664
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 4:06 am
Character sheet

Postby Keido on August 25th, 2011, 11:51 am

Sigh. The world is just a strange place. So many things to watch and learn from. Just like this mountain of a statue right in front him now. Asking Keido a very simple question. This statue must have tested many other people before and now it was his turn.

"I am here to learn and nothing more" the man said spreading his arms out to show himself to the statue. This thing must be fueled by strong power. And Keido knew that there would be more to its question to him. Nevertheless it will not change his goal. To return to Syliras one day as a grand knight. And Alvadas is just another stop of his journey.

Once the statue had opened its mouth beckoning Keido to pass through he followed. Nothing should surprise him anymore. Time to make his way through to see what Alvadas can teach him for now.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext