Alone and Out

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Alone and Out

Postby Calovan on January 3rd, 2010, 10:44 pm

35th Day of Winter, 509 AV.

Calovan walked around the city, still taking in all of the sights for the day. Amazingly, he'd lived near Syliras for ten years, and had never gone too far into the city limits. Having been a hunter and a scout for almost half of his life, he understood nature and animals better than social etiquette. His ragged clothes- which could barely be called that, since they enveloped him like a shroud, as though he were waiting to disrobe at any moment- stood out slightly amongst the finery present in this region of Syliras.

He'd come here to see if he could find a bondmate worth his time, but no such luck. Every potential master or mistress for miles around seemed to be exactly the same- too prim and proper to actually be considered worthy. He wanted someone, yes, but he wanted them to be strong. Being bound to one so dull and lifeless as an aristocrat would waste his life, which he had already spent half of in adolescence.

Sighing, he began to come to the realization that he couldn't be so picky if he ever hoped to find a bondmate. He liked his independence, but he wanted to have someone that could actually use his skills. So far, he'd made do with temporary jobs with hunting parties and the like, but they had bored him to tears after the first few years of monotony.

His dark eyes scanned the crowds and he straightened himself out, moving out of the way of others while searching for someone that could need him. If he found someone, he'd evaluate them and see if they were worth the trouble. If not, he'd simply return to the forests and try again later.
Calovan
Harbinger

Words: 9905
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2010, 4:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: Alone and Out

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 3rd, 2010, 11:02 pm

Sasin walked through the crowd, feeling, as usual, like the odd one out. In contrast to the finery of the noble class, he was wearing a black shirt, black jacket and grey pants. He found them boring, and a waste of time. He's come out here in the hopes of finding something interesting, or maybe land a contract.

As he walked through the crowd, he considered leaving for a few days. His hunting skills were getting rusty, in all his forms. Taking down a few deer would probably help.

He noticed a man amongst the crowd was wearing something even less formal. In anyone else, he would have seen a beggar, but this man held himself in a way that made that an impossibility. Intrigued, Sasin walked over to him and remarked "A pleassure to ssee someone not so constrained by fassion."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Calovan on January 3rd, 2010, 11:10 pm

Calovan halted his movement to see this new man better. He narrowed his eyes and quickly examined the other male to see if he was a threat or friendly. However, he realized within a moment that conversation was common among these people, and addressing another on topics such as fashion could only mean that he didn't mean him any immediate harm.

Nodding, he curtly replied,
"Indeed, sir. Had I any qualms about my appearance, I would simply have chosen not to come here at all." He smirked. "Vanity is such a waste. Why bother, really, when practical attire would suit one much better?"
Debating with himself for a moment more, he eventually held out his hand. He knew the gesture was commonplace with the humans and others to show an accomodating nature.
"My name is Calovan. And you are?"
Calovan
Harbinger

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 3rd, 2010, 11:20 pm

Sasin smirked, amused by this man. Judging from the smell, he obviously wasn't human. He could scent a bird smell, so he could assume that he was either a falconer, or a Kelvic. Most likely the latter. "Indeed. Thesse humans are quite unfathomable to me." He agreed.

He shook the man's hand. "A pleassure to meet you, Calovan. I'm Sasin. Would I be correct in assuming you are a Kelvic?" He was pretty sure that yes, this man was a kelvic, some sort of predatory bird, but wanted to make sure.

He hopped he wasn't being too forward. In most humans, this would be considered rude, but this was a Kelvic, and more to the point, he was a Dhani, and didn't really can what most of these aristocratic fops thought of him. It wasn't like they had any effect on him.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Calovan on January 3rd, 2010, 11:30 pm

Calovan smiled and nodded. He already liked this man and his straightforward attitude. He hated small talk when the point could be directly addressed with ease...
"You're quite astute, Sasin; yes, I am a Kelvic- a raven. Most others wouldn't have caught the signs. Since you did, would I be correct in assuming you are also a beast man? A Kelvic or a Dahni, perhaps?"

The other fellow's behavior was refreshing. All too often, the humans would stare at him while he was in the wilderness. They didn't appreciate the bonding of man and creature in the sense he did. They would watch him, like he was a display at a freakshow. He didn't like those kinds of humans.
Calovan
Harbinger

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 3rd, 2010, 11:43 pm

Sasin nodded, intrigued. "A raven, hm? I thought I ssmelled bird. You're very correct. I'm a viper Dhani." He told him proudly. He liked this one. Sharp, smart, and straight to the point. Taking a second look at Calovan, he could see his birdlike features. His expression, his demeanor, but most of all, his near black eyes. A raven indeed.

He thought for a moment. If he was correct, most Kelvic had a bondmate. Yet looking around, it didn't seem like he even had any shelter, other than the forest. Nor was there anyone paying attention to them. He hesitated, then asked "I wonder. I believe mosst Kelvic have a bondmate, correct? You don't seem to have one. Not right now, at any rate." He added, almost as an afterthought.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Calovan on January 4th, 2010, 12:15 am

Calovan's expression faltered. He was painfully aware that he hadn't found anyone with whom he could share a life. The absence was painful, and the Dhani's words reminded him of the lonliness he felt. Perhaps, though, this Sasin could relieve him of some of this regrettable melanchor.

"I have no such mate, Sasin. I am alone, and live within the forests when I am not being used as a scout."
Calovan
Harbinger

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 4th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Sasin's eyes widened, slightly appologetic. Assassin he was, but he didn't like to hurt people for no reason. OK, he did, but only those who annoyed him. Regardless, he could see this was a sensitive topic for the kelvic. "I ssee." He said quietly.

After a moment, his brain nudged him, and reminded him about his scheduled trip. "You're a scout? Here? Sso you know the forest well then?" Hmm. He could certainly use the help in the forest, expecially since he had no clue what to expect. Besides, it looked like Calovan could use the company.

(Sorry, very sleepy right now.)
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Calovan on January 4th, 2010, 9:35 pm

"I know it well enough, I suppose. I know how to maneuver and to identify the flora. I have my uses." Calovan shrugged, and added,
"Why? Are you looking to venture into the forests? If so, I can be your scout. After all, not many can get a ... well, a bird's eye view, like I can."

He smirked, amused by his own joke. He crossed his arms and looked around, wondering where the pedestrians had gone. Perhaps they had left, like the two of them should have. It was too cold here in Syliras...
Calovan
Harbinger

Character sheet

Postby Nyahna Sasin on January 4th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Sasin smirked. "Yess, actually. I was hoping to go out into the forest to hunt. I've been in this human form for too long." He said in mock despair. "I haven't had a chance to shift for the passt month." He said.

Sasin shivered, suddenly painfully aware of just how cold it was. "So, could you accompany me? I've never been to this part of the world before. I'd appreciate it greatly." Sasin said, smiling.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next