Boats. Of all things (Eisi, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Darren on May 27th, 2011, 1:18 am

Date : 73rd of Spring

Anyone is welcome!

Darren took a look out at the sea before him, his eyes listlessly watching the waves go back and forth throughout the beach. It was a thing of rare beauty, something that people don't realize until it's not there anymore. To Darren such frivolities were what made his life slightly more exciting, for when there are such things there would be a way to destroy them. I... Hate... Boats he muttered to no one in particular. He would have opted to travel on horse when he left the city but instead his sweet had to change up these plans. They had to somehow manage to be elusive to those that would chase them. For her sake and nothing more, he didn't need anything else. Darren sighed as he then went off to helped Steffan Coolwater load the boat up. He managed to talk the slacker of a fisher to bring him and others along with him when he decided to go out and fish.

So in turn the whole ordeal turned into an open boat event, Steffan seeing a easy chance to get some extra fish did so happily. "Alright man, I'll show you all the usual tourist spots around these waters. But in turn I'm relying on you and those extra people to catch at least a fish or two. No whining or anything once we get started, you gotta really give it a chance." Steffan explained as he ushered the everyone into the ships and set sail. Quickly making a good distance across the water, gently bobbing up and down as the winds carried the ship around. Well at least that's how it was to everyone besides Darren. Granted he wouldn't tell anyone, he was very prone to seasickness and even without him admitting it he wouldn't be able to keep his composure the longer the trip went on.

His eyes glowed a luminous, sickly shade of green-yellow as Steffan made the first stop. "And to the right we will come close to an ice shelve, popularly known for the mass amount of penguins that gather here" he shared as they moved across the next bend. A chorus of "Ohs!" and "Ahs!" soon followed as they saw a small colony of penguins wading near the water of the boat. One of the more courageous of the group swam close to the boat, looking curiously at the approaching boat. Slowly making it's way across the boat it took in the faces of every Vantha until it looked puzzled as he came face to face with Darren. His face looking slightly tinged green looked like he was disgusted at the cute, adorable penguin before him. "Hey! I'm suppose to be loved!" the penguin cried out before nipping at Darren's nose.

oocThis is an open thread so feel free to push this thread any way you like. If you want to add another animal, give us a sudden problem, anything you want really.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on May 27th, 2011, 2:08 am

Eisi hid in the back of the boat, her long white hair hidden in the hood of her coat. The coat covered most of her small framed body, only allowing the color of her skin and eyes to be seen. Ever once and a small flash of silvery blue shown across her forehead. It was a "fishing" trip or so the captan told everyone, but she got on the boat to see Avanthal from the waters, she always felt at home by water. Her violet eyes looked out over the railing, they glimmered with hues of blues and golds, a small smile crept onto her face. She closed her eyes as she breathed in the fresh winter air, it stung her lungs  a bit but felt good, the mixture of sea salt and coldness made her body feel alive. The swaying of the boat was a comfort for her, the oceans soft beatings against the side was like a calling to her, "Come in, swim breath the oceans air" she knew better though for these were not the waters of Mura, the bitter cold would take her life faster then one gill in take. Her attention turned as she heard the others on the boat get excited, 'ahs' and 'oos' filled her ears. She turned from the railing to look at the others, small puzzlement shown on her face. She walked toward the crowed and peered in their direction.

She could see fat birds on a ice block near by, they where black and white, and seemed to be formally dressed. Eisi gasped as one of them swam to the boat, she watch as it took a look at everyone the focus in on one man, she smiled as the little bird seemed to lean in and kiss him. Eisi stayed back giggling, the man seemed familiar, dark hair lightly dressed, same body frame she saw on a lot of men in these parts. Puzzled by her recognition of him she pushed her way through the crowed of people. Her stature made her easy to point out, tall, small framed, and dresses in her typical white, the people of the town came to know her as the Konti that was staying in avanthal, not to mention stealing young mens hearts...

As Eisi approached the familiar man she saw it was none less then Darren, days earlier flashed in her head as her heart started beating slightly faster. Her eyes grew wide as she turned around quickly to run and hide in the crowed, hoping he didn't notice her right away. She stopped half way though knowing she had a right to be here too as much as him, she took a breath in as she turned around to face him. She put on a polite smile and spoke in Vani "hello Darren" her voice just as soft as the wind. She tried to look calm and put together, but truly she was stirred up with feelings she didn't quite know how to deal with. Her face did not help for it was a shade if red and her eyes shimmered with excitement of just seeing him. Thank goodness for her hood pulled up because her feelings where written all over her face. She looked around hoping that he didn't hear her and someone would come and distract her. 
E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Malisys on May 27th, 2011, 11:32 am

Malisys sat at the back of the boat with his legs kicked up on some of the fishing equipment. He had a smile on his face as he relaxed, happy to be out on the open waters. Steffan had made him come along for some big fishing trip, but he didn't mind. He loved to hunt and fish, and he loved the relaxing, open air. Several other Vantha were piled onto the fishing boat, but it was in no way cramped. Steffan knew enough about fishing to know that a lot of space was required to manage it properly.

The young Vantha heard an announcement that the boat was nearing a large colony of penguins. Malisys leaped to his feet in excitement; he loved penguins! He ran to the front of the boat and latched on to the railing, looking over at the black and white birds waddling around. One began swimming out towards the boat, uncharacteristic for a penguin to do. It attempted to peck a dark-haired man's face.

Malisys could hear the booming laughter of Steffan Coolwater in the background. Sharing Holds with him, it was one of the things about Steffan that you loved and hated at the same time. The Vantha turned to find Steffan to inquire more about the nature of the trip itself. He was sitting in the Captain's seat with arms crossed and a smile on his face, carefree as ever.

"Steffan, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be piloting the ship? Don't we have fishing to do?"

Steffan eyed Malisys wearily before laughing again and rising to his feet, then hugging him.

"Malisys! Good to see ya. I AM piloting the boat. You're the one slackin'! Steffan laughed again, then pointed in Darren's direction. "You see that guy that the penguin attacked? He's the reason we're here. Ever met him? Either way, get outta my hair!"

Malisys studied Darren's face for a few moments, before turning and shaking his head.

"You know in Avanthal you can't make it this far without seeing everyone at some point. I've never spoken to him, though."

Malisys left Steffan behind and approached Darren, not noticing the person trying to get his attention at the moment. He tapped him on the shoulder, then extended his hand to shake in greeting.

"Hi there, I'm Malisys, I'm a Coolwater Steffan brought along for this little excursion." he began with a smile, using Vani. "I don't think we've met. What's your name?"
Malisys
Player

Words: 19787
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2011, 2:54 am
Character sheet

Postby Darren on May 27th, 2011, 5:26 pm

"Ah!" Darren pulled back as he shoved the penguin back in the water, surprised by the sudden aggression shown. "That penguin bit me!" he shouted at Steffan accusingly, "What the heck was that?" He paused as he realized that a few snickers at his expense went off in the general area. "Yea yea, let's all laugh at the Vantha who would throw you sods overboard" he muttered as he resumed looking morbidly at the water. The minor event, while a bit embarassing had a positive effect on him. Focused on the bird taking a bite at his nose he forgot all pretenses of seasickness, that is until the boat rocked slightly from a small wave. Then it was back to feeling as if his stomach did a small flips inside of him, he hung over the desperately over the railing wondering why he even bothered to try getting used to a boat.

He heard his name, or at least he thought he did. He didn't bother on maybes, he was a bit too focused on feeling miserable to pay attention. But there was something he was sure of, Steffan was laughing at his expense! "That damned, slacker of a Coolwater" he managed to croak out before puking out the morning's meal. He felt a tap on his shoulder as he finished and turning around it looked to be one of the smaller "happy" boys seeming to try to get his attention. "Oh? A Coolwater Steffan sent eh? Well tell him Darren sends his regards. And wipe that smile off your face we aren't in the happiest of times! No... No... we are at the worst!" he said in a hoarse voice as the ship suddenly started to move. "Oh... no no no" he stammered as the ship started to gently glide over the water.

"Hey you said your name was umm... what was it? Maliss? Ask Steffan when and where we are going to stop will you? I'm not in the best of places now..." he asked as he resumed his post, looking sickly next to the railing. He watched the boat cause waves as it slowly made it's way through the waters, the sea in the air giving him another reason to gag. Throughout the trip there were occasional animal sightings, another family of penguins, a pack of seals that ambushed said penguins, then a family of killer whales that hunted the seals and the penguins. It is poetic justice really Darren thought happily as he saw a very familiar looking penguin getting chased by it's predators. "Hmm I suppose I better take advantage of this little situation" Darren grinned as he motioned to Steffan.

"Alright! Steffan! Stop over here! We might as well try to see if we can hunt a seal that washed up on the ice" he said in less then steady voise as he hobbled off the boat and into the scene. Fishing I know I can't do. But possible fetch a Dire Seal to eat? That's something I have a chance at doing he mused to himself. Happy that he was back on somewhat solid ground he hopped around between the ice for a bit, looking to find a distracted animal. "Be careful!" Steffan called back.Darren at the time was hopping around the ice, was distracted by Steffan's sudden shout. Darren mistimed his jump his foot plunging into the water as his hands tried to pull him back on top of the ice. He turned to look at, wondering what was so important that he had to be distracted from his jump. Steffan was pointing at the whales on the other side of the ice, busy eating the seals. "Those whales can eat you if you give them the chance. That's why they are called killer whales after all. But don't worry! You should be alright! If you don't get their attention, or something" he smiled back as Darren gave him a pained grin. Great... now he tells me

oocSorry if I'm moving a bit fast but I'm trying for something unconventional for now.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby E'isi on June 7th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Eisi sighed as she watch a new man come up and start speaking to Darren, relief rolled through her as she made her way to the back of the crowed. It was hard for Eisi to hide herself for she was taller then most of the Vanthians that were on the boat. She knew most of them knew of her by now, but still she kept her hood over her white locks and scales. Her lavender eyes were the same as most of those around her, the only difference you would be able to detect would be her pale milky skin and her height.

Eisi fond herself away from every one else on the back of the boat. It was nice to be away from the crowd on the smallish boat. She looked down finding fishing tackle. Her eyes smiled as she picked it up. It was a while since her last trip, she remember the warm winter days on Mura, with Serrif at her side trying with all his might to teach her. She laughed out load as she sat down and un-tangled the line. She was immersed in the memory and the line that she didn't hear Coolwater yell at Darren. She was lost in her own world.

After a minute of getting out the knots in the fishing line, she stood back up. She removed her hood and tilted her face upward. She smiled as she closed her eyes and stepped to the side of the railing. She opened her eyes and brought the rod back snapping it forward till the line hit the water. She felt the line pull out as she softly started to bring the line taught. She stood there watching the bobber in the icy waters. She watched the waves hit the side of the boat and watched the wild life swim in the waters not so far from the boat, then she watched a seal on a ice burg. She smiled as she watch it scoot away from the edge of the water. She tilted her head as she leaned down on to the railing her eyes wondered back to the line as a small tug puled at it.
E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Malisys on June 17th, 2011, 5:22 pm

OOCReally sorry for the really late reply guys, had a really rough few weeks and haven't had the time to post. It's all cleared up now and I'll be on top of things though.

Malisys shambled around the boat gathering up some supplies. He still hadn't learned the man's name to which he'd spoken, so he was still unsure how to address him. He gathered up a bunch of fishing line, pulled a few nets into a small pile, gathered up some hunting spears and stood them against the side of the ship, then told Steffan everything was ready.

"Alright you all!" shouted Steffan to gather everyone's attention. "Everyone grab some line, a net, and a spear. You'll need the line to tie around the mouths of anything big you kill. You can go after fish with the special nets, and the spear is for obvious reasons."

Malisys grabbed the two items he needed and plopped himself into a seat nearby to make sure everyone gathered the items correctly. He looked back and forth at all the shipmates as they filed over to take the fishing equipment. He noticed one woman with very blond hair fishing alone at the back of the boat and began to stare at her in a peculiar manner.

"We Vantha don't usually have blond hair..." he thought to himself.

One of the passengers grabbed two spears and Malisys was brought away from the woman to let the passenger know he only needed one. He was intrigued by her though and wanted to talk to her to find out why she was here and where she was from. When there were only a few people left in line, Malisys got up and began to approach the woman.

"Now you guys remember, you only need about two feet of line, one net, and one spear, alright?" he said as he walked by then remaining shipmates.

He approached the woman at the end of the boat cautiously, not sure if she would be frightened by him or angered by his presence. He didn't like to leave anyone not from Avanthal by themselves, though, so he persisted and came up a few feet behind her.

"Hello, miss," he said with a happy tone. "You aren't from around here are you? I just wanted to welcome you and see what you're here for and hopefully make things easier on you."

He smiled disarmingly as he spoke, hoping that she would see his intentions were good in approaching her.
Malisys
Player

Words: 19787
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2011, 2:54 am
Character sheet