[Silver Sliver] All Grown Up [Clyde]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Hadrian on June 25th, 2011, 3:49 am

60th Summer, 511 A.V.

Only three days had passed since his arrival in Ravok, the archenemy of his hometown of Syliras, and nothing untoward had happened. Well, they were alive, anyway. His bastard Bloodbane was stabled, his group sheltered, and the search for Kendall's attacker underway. He was afraid to let his guard down, but he had been meditating quite a bit and otherwise forcing himself to relax. Being too nervous would draw attention and possibly get them into trouble, and trouble in Ravok was trouble with a capital T.

He sat at a table by a window, looking out over the Nitrozian Plaza and the canals, eyes too bright in the light beaming in from outdoors. The air here was humid in summer, moisture always rising off the lake and the canals to suffocate a body, but he found some measure of comfort in stillness. His eyes were not blind, exactly, but his vision was turned inward, trying without success to control his own aura as the masters were said to be able to do. For all that he had accomplished with regard to Auristics, that remained beyond him. But he was keeping tabs on several auras at once with a deftness he had never imagined he would gain when he was young and still attempting to See at all.

So as his eyes were ranged outside, his attention apparently elsewhere, his other senses were holding several auras within the room at once, relinquishing one to taste another, making sure that there were none paying undue attention to him with plans to rob him, knife him, or, worse, turn him over to the Black Sun.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 25th, 2011, 5:13 am

Today was just another day in Ravok. he had been here since the beginning of the season, and he felt he had learned a lot. Of course that had been why he came here, as another place to learn something, and get new experiences. For you could not stay in one place all your life, you must see things from different view, and learn from different ways.

Some might think that he been tainted, that the evil of the place had warped him. However Clyde did not see things that way. The people here had just been taught differently, and saw things with different eyes. Clyde had a much more non-judgmental view than most.

Walking along, he had changed quite a bit. From 2 years ago he might not even be recognizable. For one, he had let his hair grow out more, letting it get more bushy, were as he had kept it cut short almost a buzz before. Also had had grown almost a foot, a growth spurt, being a late bloomer. Now he towered high at a inch over six foot, a long gangly guy. Now though he was 18, and all but a man, ready to face the world.

Looking over though, he noticed a familiar face. Someone who he had not seen for several years, and who might not even recognize him. Quietly he walked over and sat down at the table across from him. Meeting his eyes, he quietly said, "Hello there, long time no see. Haven't seen you since Zeltiva..." He was not sure if Hadrian recognized him, but he thought it prudent to not be to exclamatory, or to draw attention. Besides, they had plenty of time to catch up.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadrian on June 25th, 2011, 5:41 am

One aura was released from his awareness and a new one taken for review, this one surprisingly familiar although now he could see it with much greater clarity, could taste the driving curiosity so like his own, and the as yet untainted joy in discovery. He let his sight focus again on what was outside the window, then his hands, and then up to Clyde who had grown a good deal. Hadrian would still top him by a few inches if he stood, and his own hair had grown a bit shaggy from the journey to Ravok, but it was a strangely familiar thing to see him.

His Auristics still engaged, feeling out the auras in the room, he smiled and gestured to the chair opposite him at the table by the window.

"Hello, Clyde. Have a seat. You look well."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 25th, 2011, 6:07 am

Looking him over, it seemed Hadrian had not changed much. Though he did seem to have a bit of a distant look, as if he was concentrating on something else. Not that it was all that noticeable. Looking around, not much seemed to be going on, not leaving much to be nervous about.

"So what have you been up to, why are you in Ravok? i came to try to study at the institute, have a small little room at a boarding house not to far from here on the docks. and your here for...."

It seemed that if nothing else, Clyde had learned to calm down, and to be true he was totally at ease. If someone wanted to kill him, nothing he did would stop them, so why worry. And he had managed to live this far. Plus in the middle of the day the worst that happened in plain sight were some beatings and muggings, not murder. Even on the inside he was not nervous. He had learned to be much calmer, especially considering this environment.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadrian on June 25th, 2011, 6:35 am

Hadrian was dressed in black and the cut and quality was better than his student days, but he was no longer a student and so it appeared he had grown up a bit himself. He was glad that Clyde had provided his information without being prompted, and so he gave him as much as he was comfortable sharing.

"I came with friends. They're looking for someone, and I thought it was a good opportunity to see Ravok. But..." His voice dropped a bit. "My family name is well known back home, so I am going by Andry Ellis while I'm here. From Zeltiva."

He offered a tight smile. Perhaps it was unnecessary, but he wanted to be on the safe side. If something happened, he wasn't the only one who could get in trouble. Ethan relied upon him now, and Kendall as well. He didn't want to be responsible for Cathan or Sondra getting into trouble either.

"So what are you learning at the Institute?" he asked, his voice returning to normal and his smile relaxing, too.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 27th, 2011, 1:57 am

Looking over, he wondered the best way to respond. For the most part magic users were secretive, though he did feel he was friends with Hadrian and wished him no ill will. Though a part of him thought this might just be because he might be useful. Putting this aside he responded,

"Well I came here mostly to study magecrafting, a field I am somewhat skilled in, and very interested in. Do you know much about it?

But for obvious reasons I have not done it much, as I barely have enough to pay half the costs. That is a common problem for magecrafters I would imagine. Though if I had the chance I would use
it."

OOC : I will edit this later to be neater. Though. Considering this is all on phone is not to bad.@
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadrian on June 30th, 2011, 6:24 am

He wondered if Clyde was joking or if he was being discreet because there were ears everywhere in Ravok. Certainly Hadrian's reputation as Stonemiller's pet magecrafting student was established when they had known each other in Zeltiva. Or perhaps he was following Hadrian's own lead with his alias. He smiled.

"Money is a problem for most people," he agreed and then fell into a thoughtful silence for a moment. "Have you been here long? Do you know where to acquire the necessities for such an endeavor?"

His aura pressed outward toward Clyde, a gentle hypnotic nudge to lay out his ideas to Hadrian, albeit with caution and quiet. He thought that some collegiate spirit might still exist between them and that Hadrian could have some actual business to attend to, which would distract any overly curious authorities.

"I doubt," he said quietly, "that one could legally perform such things without official sanction. But I might be game." He grinned.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 30th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Clyde smiled at his smoothtalking, and getting into character. Though he was from Syliras to and probably should hide his identity. Though he did not really hold the place to close to heart. He had few good memories of the place, only his times of training his magical skills in Syliras' outskirts. One of which was magecrating.

"Yes magecrafting tends to be one of the more expensive branches of magic. I have been here since near the start of the season. If we did do it the best place for resources would be Black Tar's, an an alchemists shop with plenty of magical items."

Being hit by a hypnotic suggestion Clyde continued on a bit less than discreetly than before. If Hadrian had done nothing he would have still heard it. Sometimes hypnotizing people was not helpful as planned.

"A mc1 item might be possible, though most of the only ones rich enough to buy it would be the ebonstryfe. As for legality, I would not be to worried here. We just need to seal off an area well to keep out wild died with glyphing. We just should not shout about it. The easiest thing would be to improve a fresh set of armor to be stronger and more resistant. That should be simple enough to sell."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadrian on July 1st, 2011, 5:27 am

Despite his attempt to hypnotize Clyde, and he only did it because if he was found out, all his friends would fall to the Ebonstryfe too, he was the one who was getting sucked into this idea. Clyde had money and the knowledge of where to acquire certain resources; Hadrian had the skill and experience, and Ethan had given him a bit of money to carry as well. Surely he would be willing to invest it if Hadrian cut in him on the profits.

"Oh, I can Shield the enchantment," he assured Clyde, "but not the entire room yet. Although..." He paused thoughtfully, permutations running through his brain. "Actually, I think if I glyphed the room properly... You could help with that. I seem to remember you being rather adept with glyphs... I could pour Shield energy into the focus and it could augment the energy and spread it around the entire room."

It already sounded like he was in. All the same, he poured a little more hypnotic suggestion into his aura to encourage truth, and watched for tell-tale signs of dissembling in Clyde's aura as he answered. It didn't matter that they had known each other; the stakes were too high not to come into this with a healthy amount of suspicion. Hopefully Clyde would dispel that suspicion eventually.

"Do you think you can find us a buyer? And purchase the equipment? I'll rent the room. I think I can get my hands on the other half of the money to make this happen."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 1st, 2011, 6:31 am

Listening to him speak, Clyde would nod and reply "Well I did not mean literal shielding, I meant barriers by glyphing to block out wild died from entering the room. Though a shield over the object would also help. And yes I am a competent glypher and could do a good bit of that."

Being hit by another hypnotic suggestion, Clyde started to fight a bit. Hadrian was not that stealthy, and was being far to blunt with his magic. And while Clyde was truthful, he had pushed to hard trying to urge him to be truthful again. He was now aware something was going on, though not the source or what. Shaking his head and looking around he searched a bit and continued on with a somewhat strained tone.

"The base materials should not be to hard to find in such a large city as this.And the basic equipment such as the tub to cool down the object should not be to difficult. However we will need your autistics, since such apparatus that can read it artificially would be to expensive.

The buyer might be trickier, as it would need to either be a rich merchant or a member of the ebonstryfe, in that regard we are a bit limited. Since we would be partners and halving the investment, I would think we would also halve the profits."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next