Sunberthian Picnics[[Solo]]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:13 am

Summer
Day 3
Year 511 AV

A thick heavy gloom hung over the place, practically dripping down peeling walls. People skittered around, hanging out laundry on make-shift lines; often sharing with two or three others and doubling up clothing. Even though they were clean clothes, they were faded and stained. Sidewalks of stone laid next to worn down dirt roads where children played and giggled, sometimes only half clothed. At night, the houses would light up and any travelers would skip from light ray to light ray, hoping to seek out a lodging for the night.

A child slid to a stop from chasing after a ball of worn leather, letting it roll away in the dirt. The mother would simply scold the child later. Staring at Canali with a thumb in his toothy mouth, he watched her wander past. No shirt clothed his young body. A bloated stomach, most likely just from water instead of food, hung over raggedy, patched pants. Bare, dirty feet. What looked to be the only clean spot upon this toddler was his big, blue eyes with long lashes accompanying each blink. A fluff of dirty blond hair spiked across his chubby head. He seemed unaware of the ball which had rolled away, coming to rest against her clad feet.

Canali's lips twisted into a small grin, eyes on the young toddler. Confusion warred with the smile which twitched his slobbery lips. Giving into the friendliness he spotted upon her face, the toddler beamed. Only one white front tooth hung crookedly. Truthfully, the single tooth was the whitest thing on his whole body, along with his eyes.

Leaning down, Canali's lean fingers grasped the leather ball. It was hard and rough, with uneven stitches covering it and holding the patched pieces together. Rolling it once in her palm before gently bringing her arm back and tossing it to the toddler, Canali watched as he scrambled to catch it. Feet smacking on the ground, the little boy ran after it, tripping once before scooping it up and turning back to her, in time to see Canali lift her hand in a slow wave. Grin dimming lightly, a little hand with chubby fingers lifted in farewell. Rejuvenated and with a slight skip to her step, Canali headed up the road.

It felt like home.

Walking down the sidewalk, Canali was transported back to a time when a very scared teenager had traveled in the same direction. A worn leather pack with visible creases in it was swung over her scrawny shoulder. Purpose colored her aura. Canali had been on her way to the orphanage, determined to receive some type of shelter. Or at least a meal to fill her crying stomach. Only several days ago had her father, Nathan, been killed. The memory shot pain to her solidly beating heart. Pushing it away, Canali had stepped up to the orphanage door before hesitating.
Last edited by Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali
Dont Make Me Get The Pan!

Words: 152746
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sunberthian Picnics

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:16 am

What if she wasn't doing the right thing? Sure, living on the streets would get her either killed or becoming like her father. But what if… What if the caretaker turned her away? Another year and she'd be of legal age. Perhaps this was a big mistake. Mayhap one of her father's friends would take care of her; give her a job? Even as the possibility raced through her mind, she knew it wouldn't work. Teenage girls, no matter how pretty or ugly, had danger flooding after them. Males were like that in most cases; grungy and looking for any scrap of womanly meat they could get.

Shutting her sad grey eyes for a moment, Canali took a deep breath. Nathan popped to mind, seeming to encourage her to take the first step and knock upon the large wooden doors. For you, dad. The knock seemed to echo in Canali's hurting heart before a white-haired woman answered the door. Even as her mouth opened to say something, Canali rushed into talking. "I'm sorry. Really, I am. But… do you have a place I could stay? I've had… some recent family deaths…" Red-faced and teary-eyed, Canali faced the woman, who seemed to be thinking.

"I just might. Do you cook?" A sigh slipped past her lips as Canali's head shook in denial. "Well.. It's a great time to learn. Come on in." Gratitude flooded Canali as she stepped into the orphanage…

The same large door faced Canali today. Desperation did not color her actions and there was no pause before she knocked. Anxiously awaiting someone to answer the door, she twitched and fidgeted . It would be nice to see Calyn again. Four years without seeing someone was a long time. Memory was an easy thing to forget in this city, but she hoped Calyn still remembered her. Loudly, the wooden door creaked open, revealing the clean inside.

A waist-high child stood staring at Canali, large brown eyes holding more wisdom than most her age should have. Squatting down to meet the young girl's eyes, Canali spoke, "Is Calyn in, hun?" Soft and melodic were the words. Soothing as to not make a bad impression. Children rarely forgot those things, Canali had found. Nodding cautiously, the little girl grasped Canali's soft hand, pulled her inside and proceeded to run away. Amusement flickered in her grey eyes as Canali pushed the large door closed, shutting out the slums.

Children popped up all over the place, peeping to see who the visitor was. Curiosity practically glowed from their surprisingly clean faces. All ages were those who lived at the orphanage, ranging from young babies to teenagers with sixteen years on their belt. Scoldings slapped the younger children from the olders' mouths, who were pushing them back to their household chores. Grudgingly, the messy heads disappeared back into rooms. Every once in a while, instead of working the children or threatening them into doing their chores, the teenagers would create a game out of the responsibilities. Canali had been one of those who played with the children, wanting them to see that not everything in Sunberth was as bad as it seemed.

The years had done Calyn well. Warm compassion still radiated from her. Only once or twice had she witnessed Calyn upset. It was not a scene to be replayed. Business-like and mature, Calyn wore clothes that both fit her body style and were easy to move around in. Currently, her green eyes were focused on Canali; mixed between confusion, curiosity, and welcoming. "Hello, how may I help you?" Extending her right hand, Canali and Calyn shook.

"I was wondering… Well, perhaps we should take this to your office." Having a conversation involving the orphanage kids while they could hear was probably not a good idea. Sure, it wouldn't matter, but privacy was nice every once and awhile. Turning to the little girl who had answered the door, Calyn shooed her off into where Canali remembered the kitchen was.
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sunberthian Picnics

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:19 am

"Come with me." Leading the way down a long hallway with plain wooden planking flooring, Calyn didn't glance over her shoulder to see if Canali was following. Why wouldn't she be? After searching out Calyn it was assumed Canali would follow, even when Calyn strode away. The hallways were plain and barely decorated. Clean and sanitary. Any toys of the kids were to be picked up after playing with. One room was used mainly just for playing. Early in the afternoon, all of the toddlers were most likely down for naps.

Walking into the furnished office first, Calyn waved absently to a chair. "Sit, sit." Touched by her politeness, Canali proceeded to do so. The office had a wooden desk, several paintings and a couple chairs. There was a large window behind the desk, filtering light into the room. A colorful tapestry rug was sprawled across the ground, covering whatever flooring there was beneath it. "Now, what did you wish to discuss?"

Fidgeting slightly, Canali's hands interlaced. Feigning calm, Canali met Calyn's eyes. "I'm guessing you don't remember me. I'm Canali. I came to you about five years back, after my father was… Killed." A wince slid over her features. "You took me in and set me to work in the kitchens. I learned to cook under the guidance here." A nod shook Calyn's white hair. Yes, now the woman remembered her. "Today is my twentieth birthday. I decided to come visit the orphanage, to give back to the children who had gone through the same thing I had. I want to see them smile." The way she hadn't for quite awhile after coming into the orphanage.

Biting her bottom lip and gnawing on it, Canali awaited Calyn's response. "That would be nice, yes. What exactly do you want to do?" A small smile graced Canali's pink lips before she responded.

"I want to take a few kids on a picnic."

Surprise was easily read upon Calyn's thin face. Many of who came through the large wooden doors wanted to either take or leave a child. To have someone who yearned to simply hang out with a few of the children was shocking. This was Sunberth, though. Sitting forwards in the comfy looking chair, Calyn steepled her fingers. "Don't get me wrong, but you are aware that this is not exactly the safest town, correct? Where would you go, exactly? Can you protect the kids? How long would the group be gone?" As expected, the welfare of the youth came first over a stranger's wish.

Nodding, Canali met the points head on, without hesitation. Her curls tossed with each movement of her head. Frustrated, Canali pulled back her dark hair with a piece of rope. "Yes, I am aware of that small tidbit, which is why I wanted to make sure an older teen, preferably male, could come with us; just in case. I am wanting to go to the outskirts of town, where the farms are located. Perhaps just off of a main road. The group would be gone for most of the day; back by dusk. High in the sky is the sun, currently. Back by six bells? I am aware that there is no food prepared for this outrageous request; I am willing to put the skills I learned here to use; with help, of course, from a few kids."

"Who would you take?"

Slight hesitation on Canali's half of the conversation. "I was hoping you could help me with that one."

A nod came from Calyn, her green eyes warm on Canali. "I'm trusting you with them. Now go. Notify me before you leave, I'll help choose which kids can go." Waving absently to the door, Calyn bent over some paperwork that needed to be figured, with a quill pen. Taking this as a cue to leave, Canali pushed to her clad feet and traveled back down the same hallway in which Calyn had taken her. Using her grey eyes, Canali found the kitchen. Several bodies were in there cleaning. No one was cooking, although a fire was going in the stove.
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sunberthian Picnics

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:21 am

All heads came up as Canali entered. Worn, tired faces stared back at her. "Calyn wants a simple meal of food prepared for about six people." Meeting the distrusting looks head on, Canali continued. "All you have to do is help. I'll cook." Glancing around the clean room, Canali surmised they had just finished with their chores and didn't want to dirty the place up again. Searching for the pantry, Canali found it no problem, behind two shut doors. Inside were the pans and other kitchen utensils. Humming quietly under her breath, Canali filled both of her hands with food. Carrots, celery, apples, a knife, and sugar.

To her surprise, after turning to leave the pantry, the small brown eyed girl who had opened the door stood before her. There was no time to even formulate a sentence before the girl took the items Canali had gathered and trotted over to the wooden counter, dumping them cautiously. The knife was set, blade facing inwards, on the edge of a cutting board. The also wooden floor creaked as the child traveled the small distance back to Canali. Whispering "thanks" to the girl, Canali continued going through the shelved pantry. Within five chimes all of the ingredients needed had been gathered and set upon the counter.

Other children had stepped forwards to help by now, even hanging a soup pan of water over the fireplace to cure it. The water would heat until it was bubbling, an instance often called boiling. All the diseases inside of it would be killed, much like a human in boiling water would be harmed. All of the toddlers were still missing.

Grasping the knife handle in her left hand, Canali held a carrot in her right. Careful of her fingers, she placed her thumb and forefinger only on the vegetable, opposite sides. Several inches away did Canali place the knife tip against the cutting board, fluidly and smoothly bringing the back end of the knife down against it, chopping the end of the carrot off. It was inedible, anyways. Loud and whip like was the crack of the knife hitting the cutting board underneath. Grasping the carrot like a baby's bottom, small and light cuts were brought down the edge of it; peeling the carrot. It took only a few chimes to finish all three of the vegetables. Continuing quickly down the ridged length of the carrot, Canali sliced through it. The slices were even in thickness, and quickly done. She repeated the process upon the other carrots.

Several children had gathered around. Lazily, the teenagers leaned against the counter nearby. Curiosity ebbed from their carefully masked faces. Hiding a smile, Canali hummed. Feigning obliviousness was easy to do. Cupping an apple in her right hand, Canali pierced it near the core. The tip of the knife pricked her finger, alerting her that the knife had gone through. Turning the apple clockwise, Canali cut the core out and removed it with two fingers. It was set unceremoniously off to the side. Canali repeated the process six times.

"My name is Canali. I used to live here." Slicing the celery down the middle and chopping off the ends, Canali set them off to the side and brought the apples back. "Could someone empty half of the boiling water into another pan? Be careful of the heat. We don't have the time to fetch a doctor," she teased. In her peripheral vision, she noted that a teenager had taken the heavy pan from a helpful child, doing just as Canali had asked. "Just set it over here. It'll be used to wash these."
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:24 am

The little girl stepped forwards. "How did you cut the carrots so fast?"

A smile graced Canali's lips. The interest the child showed made her wonder how long the girl had been working in the kitchen. Not very long if she had to guess. There no pricks upon the girl's fingers like she had been slicing vegetables messily. "Go get a carrot and I'll show you." Obligingly, the little girl slid into the pantry after running and raced back with a carrot just as fast. Thank goodness it wasn't a dagger! Handing it to Canali, Canali peeled part of it slowly after chopping off the top. "Come here." The little girl inched under Canali's skinny arms, unsure and cautious. She was just taller than the counter, enough to stand comfortably at it. "Are you right or left, hun?"

Her high pitched voice peeped, "Left!" Grabbing her hands softly, Canali placed the carrot into the little girl's right hand, cupping it. Covering her hand, Canali placed the knife in the child's left hand. Distractedly, Canali noted everyone else had gathered around.

"Now, then. You bring the carrot and knife close together-beware of your finger tips. Smoothly insert the knife under the carrot's skin, edge pointed towards you, and bring it towards your body slowly. If you go fast, you run the risk of having the knife come out and you'll cut yourself. Alright?" At the girl's nod, Canali brought the carrot and knife together as she said to and proceeded to help her get the knife under the skin and peel the carrot skin back, all the way to the tip. "Good job! You'll be peeling like I do in no time!"

Letting go of the girl, as the carrot was all peeled, she ordered gently, "Now place the carrot left and right on the cutting board." Again, she cupped the little girl's hands and led her through the motions. "Place the tip on the other side of the carrot, hold on softly but firmly, and bring the handle of the knife down." It cut smoothly through. "Now you try slicing the rest of the carrot." Supervising, Canali watched as the young girl copied the motions, a look of concentration upon her face. "Good job!" Canali complimented.

Moving back to the apples as the girl sliced and cut, Canali dipped them quickly into the now warm boiled water. Just to cleanse them. Then, taking the cinnamon, Canali sprinkled it inside of the cored out apples. "Do we have any seaweed?" Confused at the request, the children searched the pantry before coming out with several strips of seaweed. "Thank you. Could someone find some noodles to put in the boiling water still on the fireplace? Thank you." Shifting over to the seaweed, Canali thoroughly cleaned them in the cooling boiled water. It took several rinses. Wrapping the apples into the seaweed, Canali skittered over to the fireplace and placed the wrapped apples into the flames. It would only take a few chimes for them to cook and steam.

After draining the noodles, Canali mixed cheese into the mixture, sprinkling pepper to add flavor. Finding a jar with a lid, Canali slid the homemade macaroni into the glass, storing it, and keeping it in with a lid screwed on. The apples were done by then and Canali removed them from the fire with an oven mitt. They placed next to the macaroni on the counter. The rest of the preparation went quickly, with the carrots and celery stored in dried leaves. Smoked dried meat was also rolled into dried leaves. Talking to the whole group of kids, Canali was aware of a young child, just over toddler age, who was asleep on the table. Smiling gently, Canali continued telling of what she had done to the whole group.

The little girl who Canali had shown how to slice a carrot eagerly ran to find a square blanket which could be dirtied. She came back quickly, a blanket flowing behind her like a cape. A laugh escaped Canali as two teenagers took the sheet, folding it into a small square. Someone had obviously caught on about it being a picnic and found a basket. Packing the food away currently on top of the blanket, Canali smiled at the kids. "Thank you for your help." The basket wasn't very heavy, and Canali longed to take drinks with them, but the basket was full.
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:26 am

Traveling out of the room, the orphanage children following her, Canali met Calyn. A flicker of surprise slid over her face. "I was just coming to get you. All of the food has been prepared."

"Were the kids good for you?" A nod confirmed that the children had been just fine for Canali. "Good, good." Calling the kids out of the rooms, away from household chores, Calyn had them line up. "Zane, step forwards, you'll be going. What other ones would you like to take?" A male teenager looking to be about sixteen stepped forwards, head dipped in respect. Without hesitation, Canali chose the little brunette girl who had learned how to slice carrots. The little girl beamed a smile at Canali, eyes radiating. Choosing out several other kids, Canali watched as Calyn nodded. The group itself was made of two teenagers, three children, and herself.

After a quick farewell and wishes to stay safe, Calyn let them leave the orphanage. Canali led and the teenagers spread out; one at the end and one in the middle. The path they took went straight back from the orphanage, aiming for the wilderness beyond. Barely anyone was on the streets, thank goodness, and it was slow-going. To release the tension everyone in the group held, Canali started humming; throat vibrating with each key. Behind her, everyone picked up the tune. It must have been strange to see a group of kids traveling down the street, humming off-pitch and at different times.

A nervousness had settled in Canali's stomach, making her hyperaware of her surroundings. The feeling had tensed her body, stiffened and straightened her back. Taking the chance of having someone attacking them was not needed- in any shape or form. Canali knew she couldn't truly defend the kids, but would be damned if anyone would harm them under her watch! Especially after Calyn had trusted her so. If she had to guess, Canali would estimate that no one would really bother them; after all, with Calyn's past, no one truly wanted to cross her. And harming her orphanage kids would definitely be crossing her.

As the buildings became more and more spaced out, it was easier to see if someone was actually coming. The butterflies dancing in Canali's stomach eased a little as she led the way down an old and worn dirt road. Bumps of all kinds covered it, left over from wagon wheels and animals of all kinds. Shadows from the trees played in the road and a squirrel hopped quickly across it. Behind her, the kids all shuffled to see; "oohing" and "ahhing". Must have never seen a squirrel. Moving on, Canali continued down the road, sticking to the middle of it. Thieves hid inside the woods just outside of the city.

Within five chimes later, the foliage wasn't as dense and the sunlight was flickering through to the ground. The children were still hopping along behind her, chattering excitedly. Anna, the brunette girl who had helped in the kitchen, had slid up besides Canali; slipping her tiny hand into Canali's palm. Soft maternal feelings rushed through her unexpectedly. Was this how a mother felt about their children? Perhaps she would have to invest in something young, then. Maybe a kitten. Kittens were nice. Ignoring the little voice in the back of her long-haired head reminding her that she had never had a pet, Canali slowed to a stop on the dirt road. "Right off here."

The group reluctantly followed Canali off of the road; pushing overgrown branches out of the way with their hands. Praying to Ciyaya, the goddess of the forest, Canali hoped there were no poisonous plants which would infect their barren feet and legs. Having never learned of dangerous plants, Canali was unsure of what to stay away from. It was gut instinct out here, she supposed. Stay away from what looked dangerous and survive on what you knew. Canali couldn't suppress the feeling of happiness that she had to know that she didn't live in the wilderness.

Feeling the dirt upon her feet was nice for a change. Cautious to walk straight in, Canali pushed at a branch with her right hand. The teenager close behind held it until the next older kid could get it. The make-shift trail opened into a medium sized clearing, surprisingly. Canali had figured they would eat their lunch surrounded by trees. Green, tall grass grew in the area; shaded by large trees with names Canali didn't know and was wary of guessing. Barely any shrubs or bushes were in the area, surprisingly. Perhaps they didn't have enough sunlight?
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:30 am

Anna had grabbed the basket so quickly Canali couldn't even react. Watching as she ran over to the middle of the clearing, Anna set the basket down surprisingly gently. The other children broke away, running over to Anna. Calmly, Canali and the two teenagers walked over. "Here, children, grab the blanket." Reaching into the woven basket, Canali pulled out the blanket. "Can you make it go up like a cloud?" Chitter and chattering, the kids each grabbed a corner, flung it high in the air and helped Canali place the blanket down. Everyone took a seat upon the cover.

Reaching into the basket, Canali pulled out the food, setting it down and teasingly commenting that no one could touch the food or they lost their fingers. Scoffing, the one of the two teenagers helped place the food out. Unrolling the seaweed and dried leaves packaging, Canali was glad to find the carrots, apples and celery had fared the trip well. No problems with the dried meat either. Unpacking the still warm macaroni, Canali shifted to sit on her heels. No plates, of course. What a thing to forget. One of the children had remembered to grab silverware, something she had also forgotten. Quickly they were passed around.

"Dig in." Munching quietly on a dried piece of meat, Canali savored the smoked taste. Most likely hickory. "Care to share something about each of us? I'll start." Grey eyes taking on a spell from far away, Canali talked softly; lost in her memories. "I came to the orphanage when my father was killed. Before my eyes. I actually came, came to the orphanage. At least there I could have free food in exchange for simple chores. Fifteen years had been on my belt. Cooking was my chore and that is where I picked up slicing carrots." A pause, long enough to smile at Anna. "I choose you. You'll choose someone else, all the way down the line. What about you, Anna?"

Growing solemn, Anna frowned; brown eyes guarded. Everyone had to lean forwards to hear her. "My mother was a drunk; my father was… Gone. A different race. I grew up in the taverns, caring for my mother; convincing owners to give us a room for the night. Ten years do I have. Nine of those was spent being a parent, to my parent. Last year, my mother drunk herself to death. I found her. Mrs. Calyn found me." Absolutely no emotion showed upon her face, too absorbed in her own thoughts to truly watch others. "Zane."

Canali's eyes searched the group until they came upon the eldest teen with short and choppy brown hair. "I killed my father after he killed my mother. End of story." No remorse came from his gnawed on lips. Fingers clenching and unclenching in a fist, he glanced around the small circle. "Dominic."

Before he spoke, the other teenager bit into a carrot slice; cracking it loudly in the silence. A glare was sent Zane's way. Canali could practically see the wheels turning in his mind as he thought. Most likely weighing the options of how much he could get away without telling. Obviously the boy had some secrets. "I wasn't born in Sunberth. I want to get out and am slowly working towards that. My father was of a different race and was chased off from the docks one night. I had been on shore; left behind. He never came back. I want to chase the bas-Er, him down and get answers." Locking his lips shut, Dominic glanced around the circle. "Kyle."

A smile graced Kyle's mouth, upturning it. It seemed as if his way to come to the orphanage was a good memory. How strange. "Christmas Day, four years ago. My mother left me on the porch, how stereotypical, right? I was six at the time; I'm ten now! Momma told me to stay there, she'd be right back. I believe she wanted to." Without missing a beat, Kyle ran a hand through his medium length brown hair. Straightly did it fall back into place. No more words came from his chatty lips.

Frowning, Canali noted there was one little girl who was still unpicked. "What is your name, sweetie?" The child must not have been past five years of age and stared back at Canali with haunting green eyes. Her skin tone was of a darker shade with upturned almond shaped eyes. Wrapping her left arm around her knees and bringing them to her chest, the child nibbled delicately on a piece of celery. A scar shone brightly in the sunlight, jaggedly going from the girl's elbow to her middle finger.

"Sandra," Zane answered, blunt and short. His voice seemed like gravel. "She doesn't speak. No one knows why. Three weeks ago Calyn brought her home. Neither spoke a word about the instance. In Sandra's case, literally. We don't even know if she can hear, either." Catching the vibe that Zane was protective over Sandra, Canali backed off and stalled her curiosity. There was no reason to pry into something no one obviously wanted to talk about. In silence did the group eat for quite awhile after that. Everyone seemed absorbed in their thoughts and Zane had shifted Sandra over by him; wrapping her under his arm. Fairly soon, all the food had gone. The macaroni could have used a tad bit of pepper, but was otherwise delicious.
Last edited by Canali on July 6th, 2011, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Canali on July 6th, 2011, 4:33 am

Sandra had fallen asleep against Zane, tucked comfortably into his side. The girl looked so much more at peace while dozing. There was no twitching from Zane to move her. Anna and Kyle were sadistically torturing a bug nearby, poking at it with a stick and giggling whenever it moved. Such a cute scene it was, until Kyle smashed the poor insect with a large rock and Anna responded by shoving him backwards. Pushing her shoulder back, Kyle and Anna tumbled for a moment before randomly bursting into giggles. Canali had just been ready to step in and break the pair up.

Dominic, Zane, and Canali had been quietly chatting. Never really going past any basic information. Zane was fifteen, about to move to the Cheap Side and live in another section of town, to search for a job. Dominic teased him about how he was probably going to try and take Sandra with him. Sandra even curled up in his bed when there was a storm. More like brother and sister than anything. This information earned a solid punch to the informer's shoulder. Dominic was actually sixteen, but had yet to move out. The kids adored him to no end and it appeared it was a two way relationship because he watched them play with a fondness that suggested he had had brothers or sisters.

Slowly, Canali had been packing up the basket. Incredibly had that atmosphere been lifted. A carefree stance had affected the kids, making them more playful and easier to talk to. Even the older children. The day had been nice to spend away from the city, but the sun was starting to hang low on the horizon, painting a picture with colors ranging from purple to pink to blue and black. What playful shadows there were during the day were starting to fade bit by bit and turn more menacing. Not enough to really be noticed now, though. "Come on Kyle and Anna, it's time to go." Giggling at something, the pair bounded over and even folded the blanket with Dominic. He tried to roll Kyle up into it. Zane had Sandra cradled on his hip, who had her thumb in her mouth and watching silently.

Making their way back down the path they had created coming in, the group trecked and swatted at mosquitoes which were just coming out. Peering down the road to see if someone was coming before bringing the children out, just in case, Canali tucked them back into the shadows and hid while a wagon creaked past slowly. Just before it went over the hill, Canali and the kids broke out on the road; walking in a group rather than a line this time. Chitter chatter came from them. It had been a good day.

Quiet and to herself, Canali had to fight from keeping her startled expression appearing when Anna suddenly popped out of nowhere at her elbow. Grasping Canali's hand, Anna smiled a toothy grin. "I like you! Can you be my new mommy?" Innocent to a fault. Chuckling gently, Canali interlaced their fingers and kept walking back towards the orphanage. She didn't have the heart to tell her no, but didn't have the voice to say yes.

-The End-

ApprovalGossamer approved the use of these NPC's and plot.
TimeA chime is a minute, a bell is an hour.
Canali

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archelon on August 25th, 2011, 4:48 am

Thread Award

“See, I got myself some cooking skill's too :3"

And the Results!!!!:
Canali :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Teaching 1
Cooking3
Persuasion4
Husbandry(childcare)3 I only gave 3 here due to you not having the skill before this thread as I only saw a few techniques being used too :)
Organization 3 However, Organization is a definite for keeping little ones in line. :)

Lores:
Asking for help in a bad situation
Being an Orphan
Giving back to the Orphanage

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
This was a cyut thread :) :) :) Don't really know what else to say much.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)