[Surya Plaza] Looking for work [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Rivaal on July 12th, 2011, 5:22 am

Rivaal laughed. "That's the first thing you say? Go back to sleep." He pulled the blanket back over her and sighed. "Or, are we going to talk about this arrangement of ours?"

He laid out on his side and resting on one elbow, he met her golden eyes with green ones. "I don't mean to sound rude, and don't take this the wrong way. I like having you around, but can you leave some work for me to do." He gestured to the clean room, and then reached over and ruffled her hair. "I'm just used to carrying my own weight, is all. Can you do that for me?"
Rivaal
Player

Words: 15720
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:12 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 12th, 2011, 5:28 am

"I'm sorry. I just thought..." Arev paused and pulled her arms up to hide her face, looking crestfallen despite herself. She'd thought she was doing a good thing. Stupid, she scolded herself. "I can do that. I just thought you would be busy getting a job. And you looked tired."

The Kelvic rolled over so she was facing the fire again, not sure what else there was to say. She knew she'd need to work too, but she would have preferred to just trail around at his heels and make sure he was safe before coming home and cleaning things up. It just felt so good to take care of him. But she couldn't risk it, not if he'd end their bond.

Being alone was not a happy thing for any Kelvic, particularly a wolf.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Words: 15476
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 4:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 12th, 2011, 5:38 am

Rivaal sighed. Good job, stupid. He scooted up beside her and put an arm around her. "Don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong. I just don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of you. I know it's your nature, and as lazy as I am, I feel like I should do a portion of the work too."

He paused for a few moments and then realized he hadn't really spoken with her. "What's on your mind, Arev? This isn't just about me."
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 12th, 2011, 5:43 am

"I like taking care of you. It feels good," Arev said quietly, watching the coals burn. The dancing flames were comforting. "I just...I don't know. I want to have a pack again, at least someone, but whenever I try, I mess up. And I miss Da. I want him to come back."

She blinked back sudden tears. She'd only made it to Lhavit by forcing herself not to think of him. And all those lonely nights on the road seemed frighteningly close. She kept getting the nauseating feeling that she'd be back there before too long, wasting away miserably in the wilderness. "It's nothing, I'm fine," she said quietly, scrubbing at her eyes again.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 12th, 2011, 5:57 am

He chuckled a bit. "I'm not much of a pack, but I know the feeling. Vantha tend to live in big communities. I guess I've been on my own a bit too long for my own good."

He smiled a little. "But this doesn't sound like nothing." He tightened his arm around her and sighed. "If you want to talk, I'll be here for you. I'm not kicking you out, so just let me know if you need anything, alright."
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 12th, 2011, 6:02 am

Arev made a small, whimpering sound. "I want to go home," she whispered, closing her eyes tightly. "I want Da back. I want everything to be alright." She knew she was being childish, but she'd been bottling it up for so long that it had to come out. "If I hadn't gotten mad at him, he'd still be home, and..." The Kelvic whimpered again and turned around, curling into Rivaal's chest for comfort. It wasn't fair to dump this on the Vantha, so she forced herself to be quiet.

She knotted her fingers in the fabric of his shirt, clinging to him. Right now he was just another pack member, and she'd have done the same for him. Arev took a moment to try and settle herself, struggling to make her shoulders stop trembling.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 12th, 2011, 6:09 am

Rivaal held onto her, and let her vent. "It's alright," he told her. "Just let it out. It's not healthy to blame yourself for something and keep it in like that." He gave her a smile, eyes mixing colors between peaceful and sorrowful.
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 12th, 2011, 6:12 am

Arev didn't see his smile, because that would have meant moving her head away from his chest. Maybe she was more tired than she realized...normally this wouldn't have flooded out. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I shouldn't have said anything. It's not your job to take care of me." She was comforted by being held, though. Physical contact always made her feel better.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 12th, 2011, 6:17 am

Rivaal shook his head, not that she could see it. He tried to come up with something clever, and after a few moments had it. "I did tell you to leave me something to do. If you're taking care of the room, then I'll just take care of you, alright?"
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 12th, 2011, 6:21 am

"Okay," Arev whispered. She pulled back a little to wipe her eyes. "Anything else in our arrangement?" She offered him a small, self-conscious smile.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext