[Surya Plaza] Looking for work [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Rivaal on July 8th, 2011, 6:39 am

Rivaal laughed and shrugged. "It's how I learned to make it. I learned from a few regular humans though. I've been away from the Vantha for the better part of a decade now." He set his sandwich down and unsealed some wax paper that held a few more strips, uncooked. He offered them to Arev since he'd need to get fresher food later as well, at least among the food could spoil. Much of what he had was still travel food.
Rivaal
Player

Words: 15720
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:12 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 8th, 2011, 6:45 am

Arev looked up at him adoringly before eating the uncooked strips with relish. So...good... He was the best normal ever, as far as she was concerned. "Where did you meet those humans? Here in Lhavit? Or riding on the back of a giant dragony bird thing?" she asked with a smile. The Kelvic girl did fancy a good story. Her dad had amazing ones, of flame-haired people that rode eagles and strange serpent-man creatures and wizard battles. He'd traveled a long time before settling down in the woods with her.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Words: 15476
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 4:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 9th, 2011, 3:22 am

Rivaal laughed. "Nothing so fancy. They found me hiding among their trade goods trying to sleep and hitch a ride to anywhere. I was too young to go adventuring back then." He shook his head and grinned as he recalled some of the stupid things he used to get away with. "I don't know why they kept me around, but they were my second family. It hurt when I left them, but I needed to stay here. I wasn't going to learn any more, and they wanted to bring their trade back north for the first time in almost a decade."

It wasn't really a story, but that didn't matter so much as the part that he was trying to grow, sort of, and that he had fled at a very young age. He chuckled to himself. "I guess I have a habit of leaving people behind. That's not going to be good for my future."
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 9th, 2011, 3:35 am

"You won't leave me behind," Arev said, looking at him with complete trust in her golden eyes. He was her master. He wouldn't hurt her. She was certain of that. He was too good for that. "I can come. I'll protect you."
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 9th, 2011, 3:43 am

Rivaal laughed. It was harsh, and was meant to be that way. "You don't get to say that until we know each other better." He sat on the bed and dropped back with a sigh, and felt a cruel feeling crawling all over him. His motivation was gone. He wondered just how much of his life was going to be spent this way.
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 9th, 2011, 3:46 am

"I trust you," Arev said, ignoring the harshness. "You're a good person, Rivaal. And besides, I'm bonded to you. Don't worry. Everything will work out fine. It always does." She sounded so damn confident about it too.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 9th, 2011, 4:09 am

Rivaal shook his head. "Hey, you don't get to decide that. If I'm going to screw up, I'll do it on my own." Rebellion flared into his eyes. It seemed he still had a few childish moments in him. There wasn't any anger directed at Arev, fortunately, however, it seemed that making decisions for him wasn't in the best interests of anyone if he was going to fight it.
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 9th, 2011, 4:15 am

Arev cocked her head, confused. "I don't get to decide that I think you're a good person?" she said with bewilderment. She had no idea what there was to be so rebellious about. After all, he was letting her stay. That made him a good person, didn't it?
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

Postby Rivaal on July 9th, 2011, 4:23 am

He let out a long sigh. "Sorry. I don't cope well with people deciding things for me. Forced commitments that other people decide for me tend to rub me the wrong way. That's why I left home to begin with. There's no guarantee you can follow me, so don't plan on it till the time comes."
Rivaal
Player

Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 9th, 2011, 4:27 am

"You can always tell me not to come," Arev pointed out a bit sadly, scratching behind one ear idly with her hand. "I'm here to make you happy, remember? That means I listen to you. But what I meant was, you don't seem like the kind of person to abandon a friend. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. You're the first Vantha I've ever met, and the first person other than Da I ever really sat down and talked to."

Her face fell a little. She missed her father more than anything else. For a long time, he'd filled the hole in her life left by the lack of master. Wolves were pack animals, after all.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext