[Surya Plaza] Looking for work [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Rivaal on July 13th, 2011, 3:19 am

Rivaal shrugged. "I guess we'll figure it out as we go along." He gave her a smile. "Are we good?" He quietly waited to hear what she had to say. He didn't want to hurt her, and she seemed vulnerable right now.
Rivaal
Player

Words: 15720
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:12 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Arev Saatjian on July 13th, 2011, 5:18 am

"Good," Arev said, nodding. She was happy enough to have a master for the moment, and even better--she felt welcome to stay. Now she'd just have to prove she could earn her keep. Then everything would be perfect.
Arev Saatjian
Player

Words: 15476
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 4:12 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Mercury on July 29th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Rivaal

Skill(s)
  • Observation + 1 XP
  • Running + 1 XP
  • Flux + 1 XP
  • Cooking + 1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Lhavit (Basic)
  • Lhatvian Food (Basic)
  • Sharing is Caring
  • Fear of Commitment
  • Make it Stop Crying

Method to my Madness: Observation for noticing Arev staring. Good job writing about fear of seeing a kelvic - that is the most reasonable reaction; Kelvics are not common. Also she is a friggin wolf… those things maul. You accidentally said "reimancy fueled run" I will assume you meant flux, unless you don't want the point.

Arev

Skill(s)
  • Observation + 1 XP
  • Running + 1 XP
  • Archery + 1 XP
  • Hunting + 1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Lhavit (Basic)
  • Lhatvian Food (Basic)
  • Drama Queen
  • Rivaal's History (Basic)

Extra(s)
[*] -6 sm for Meat, chunk of (2x)

Method to my Madness: I took the cost right of the Taverns, Inns, and Lodging Price list. Next time you should do the same. A kelvic cannot instantly 'bond' with someone they just meet on the street - this defeats the entire purpose. Rivaal is not yet your master. Maybe in 2-3 more threads. You over exaggerated your sense of smell, try not to do that again. A wolf is not cuddly; it is a hunter. If you want to be a cuddly kelvic, a dog would be more suitable. Kelvics are a lot more complex than what you have portrayed - "It was her job to be a good wolf, a proper guard, nothing else. "

Moderator Intervention: You must request permission from your local storyteller to find/use/create a magical artifact. If something like that happens again I will have no choice but to invalidate the entire thread. Because this is your first thread I will let you guys off with a warning.

I am also issuing a warning about one line posts.

Here is something I found very useful from Wind Reach's Player Posting Guide, by Gossamer

Posting Length :
Posting length

As a story teller, I can spend hours crafting a post for two people. I try to fill in details and ideas so that everyone has fun and a good mental picture of the area around them. However, if someone only posts a couple of lines of text, my job is very hard and discouraging. I understand that a lot of people come from a game that can be very fast based, and that everyone only does three to four lines of text. In Mizahar, we set the bar a little higher.

A post should be approximately 300 to 400 words. This is roughly four paragraphs in length of 4-6 complete sentences, which roughly equates to half a page of writing. Grammar should be passable, we don’t need overly flowered phases or sentence structure like the Great Gatsby, but you should have proof read it once and gone over it with a spell checker.

Some of you out there are asking, as a player how can I write that much? Think about how you experience the world. You don’t just experience the world with your eyes, but with sounds, touch, taste, and feelings. Describe some of your characters thoughts, day dreams, wants and desires. The game is about finding not just your voice as a writer but the voice of the character. I will leave you with this quote from a friend, who taught me a great deal about my voice.

Congratulations! You Win a Million Mizas.: Sorry couldn't resist. Anyway, I know both of you are looking for a job but because the Shinya are being heavily rewritten by the founders I cannot continue anything involving them until everything is settled. I offer a compromise. I can make a wealthy NPC that can hire you guys privately, on a temporary basis until the Shinya are available again. If you are interested in this modded thread please send me a PM. If not I still expect a PM about another job you guys might be interested in - other than the Shinya

You can address any questions or concerns to the little voice in your head. A.K.A. PM me.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous