[Docks] Why is money never free? (CLOSED)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Docks] Why is money never free? (CLOSED)

Postby Reok on July 8th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Timestamp: 25th of Summer, 511 AV (At night)

Nobody would let him aboard their ship. He had just recently learned about the haven for Nuits, the island of Sahova, and had been trying futilely to find a boat. He had been travelling around Sylira for 47 years, usually getting attacked by every single monster in a mile's radius, and having to sleep to regain his ichor. He couldn't waste any more time. Even worse was that his newest body was falling apart, and in a few weeks at most it could stay together. "Maybe people think they're potential bodies", he thought. But that really wasn't the case. He needed to get to Sahova for a new body that they had in store, not only for pure interest. And the people hated him enough to refuse all of the funds he had...

Frustrated, he sat down on the pier and (since he couldn't sleep) tried to sit there for another twelve hours.
Last edited by Reok on July 14th, 2011, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna hear a touching story? Once upon a time, you died. I lived happily ever after. The end. There's your touching story.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Words: 5492
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2011, 5:56 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

[Docks] Why is money never free? (open)

Postby Tuic on July 8th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Tuic was wandering through the docks, keeping to the shadows, in search for some easy prey to resupply his dwindling stash of money. If he didn't do something quick he would either have to steal the crummy leftovers that the merchants left unguarded at times or eat form the trash, both of those options didn't really hold much appeal. A crooked grin came over Tuic's fire scarred face as he saw a rather scrawny person sitting on the pier. Looking around for a spot that would be a bit more out of the way then in the middle of the docks his eye fell to a bunch piles of hastily stacked crates, that would be more then secure enough for his short business.

Slowly and silently he creeped closer towards his target and as soon he was close enough he grabbed him by the back of his shirt with his left hand, ramming his fist against the back of the persons head then when his victim was probably groggy he just began dragging him towards the secluded place he saw a few moments ago.
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reok on July 8th, 2011, 7:34 pm

When he was being dragged back, the hood he had been wearing fell back. He had a bald head, dark bags under his eyes, and when his jaw dropped open from his daze it was clear that he had a black tongue. Obvious signs of a Nuit if you know about them.

Not even struggling to get away, he calmly asked (when he regained awareness): "Who are you and what do you want?", yet in a cold and unforgiving voice.
Wanna hear a touching story? Once upon a time, you died. I lived happily ever after. The end. There's your touching story.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Character sheet

Postby Tuic on July 8th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Tuic arched what was left of his eyebrows as he saw what was underneath the mans hood, as far as he knew most humans didn't have a black tongue, was that guy addicted to some kind of drug that made your tonge black and was he still as high as a kite when he had clubbed him in the head?
Tuic shrugged, it wasn't his problem what the hell he was or what he was on, as long as he had some miza's on his person.

When the guy suddenly spoke up in that cold tone of his tuic bursted out loud laughter for a few seconds.
“If ya don't know what the hell I'm doing right now, yer a bloody idiot.” He roughly threw the man into the small space in between the crates and drew his axe, holding it firmly in his hand.
“Now unless you go and cough up your valuable’s I'm gonna introduce ya skinny arse to some cold steel, so on with it!”
Tuic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reok on July 8th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Never moving anything but his mouth, and giving Tuic a bone-chilling look in the eye he started, "Look at yourself. You obviously couldn't think of anything better to do than robbing people. You seem extremely undernourished, but you have an axe that could be used as a makeshift hunting knife. Sneaking up on the undead and taking from them, is that really the best you can do? Even if you checked, you would find that I had no money. Leave, and maybe you can find a better occupation than thievery." In the same cold voice as before, not really believing that Tuic would go so far as checking him for money. They were both equally filthy.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Character sheet

Postby Leviticus on July 8th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Leviticus remained hidden under the docks for a while wading in the water relaxing lately he'd found himself spending more and more time in the city in alleys and such but still in city limits. He relaxed hoping to regain some ichor he'd lost yesterday. Then he'd heard commotion on the docks some poor sap getting robbed as if Leviticus cared. Then he heard the robber's voice and was attracted to it in a serial killer way. He pulled on a new pair of pants and his mask then headed carefully snuck up on the men at the stack of crates.

The nuit pulled out his sickle and put it on Tuic's neck Tuic could feel the emotionless cold steel up against his adam's apple. Tuic could probably feel the nuit's breathe on his neck. "What's going on?" he said in a spidery way looking to Reok as if he'd be his next meal.
Leviticus
Player

Words: 1463
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2011, 9:25 pm
Character sheet

Postby Tuic on July 8th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Tuic let out a low mocking laugh as the man before him insulted him. Before stomping down hard on the man's leg. “Are ya deaf and stupid? I'm the guy telling ya to throw out your valuables or ya get killed. Now I'll tell you one more time, get to it or taste some ste...” he stopped talking as he felt somebody pressing cold steel against his neck growling out in anger he dropped his axe towards the ground. Seeming as he had given up, he quickly lashed out with his hand towards the wrist the stranger was using to pres his knife to his neck and took a hold of it using all his force to pull it away from his neck, to his surprise the hand easily gave away. His astonished expression made way for a grin and he drew the dagger that was hanging at his waist.

“I'll tell ya what is going on, yer going to get yer face kicked in just like the other guy!”
and rammed his left elbow backwards, hoping to hit the guy.

oocWell the fact that nuit are physically unable to stand up against a normal human and their reflexes are shit thanks to their decaying bodies, its in the lore. I think this is justified. Also Reok Tuic isn't malnourished. he has enough money for a few meals still right now :) he just thinks ahead and wants to get some extra miza's right now so that he isn't stealing on an empty stomach later.
Tuic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reok on July 9th, 2011, 12:53 am

He slowly got up while Tuic was distracted by Leviticus. Strangely, (to anyone who couldn't figure out he was a Nuit) his facial expression never changed. He said to Leviticus, "I was being robbed until you got here. Shall we take him together? I'd think it's a fair fight."

He drew a buck-knife with a silver blade, looking at it in a way as if he had never used it before.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Character sheet

Postby Leviticus on July 9th, 2011, 1:07 am

Leviticus lost hold of his sickle as Tuic lashed at his wrists but he caught it before it fell to the ground or worse. He stepped back from the man and dodged the counterassault Tuic had given. "Shall we take him together?" "We shall." the masked nuit formed a grin although neither Reok or Tuic could see. Then he thrusted forward with his sickle hoping to get a nice swip across Tuic's face.
Leviticus
Player

Words: 1463
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2011, 9:25 pm
Character sheet

Postby Reok on July 9th, 2011, 1:17 am

Reok stepped behind Tuic, as if to flank him. Though the blow to his head and leg would most likely stop him from running very fast or being able to concentrate enough to hit him. But as soon as Tuic would fall back, he would catch him in his arms and throw him to the ground, hopefully creating a big enough window of time to get him in a lock.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Character sheet

Next