[Docks] Why is money never free? (CLOSED)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Docks] Why is money never free? (open)

Postby Reok on July 12th, 2011, 10:45 pm

For the first time in ages Reok was shocked. Tarelde wasn't there because of Tuic's need, she was there just to attack HIM. On the ground he was nearly defenseless against the sword blows, but rolled away just in time after recieving a large cut on the belly. The only way to know that he had been hit was the rip in his cloak and the jaw-drop expression on his face. The only thing he could do was get away. If he had enough time he could get up and make a run for it in the opposite direction.

He made a desperate look at Leviticus, not really looking forward to any response, and started his escape.
Wanna hear a touching story? Once upon a time, you died. I lived happily ever after. The end. There's your touching story.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Words: 5492
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2011, 5:56 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Tuic's dagger found its target and easily poked a hole into the mans flesh and he pushed the man of his blade not noticing that instead of blood there was a white ichor dripping from his blade. He let out a loud laugh as he saw his opponent drop to the floor, only to be cut of as he got hit in the back of his head by the pommel of the woman's sword.
“Ya crazy broad! Look where ya swing that petching thing or I'll make sure that is the last thing you'll ever swing around!” Ignoring the pang of pain in the back of his head he quickly went and picked up his axe, cursing the woman and all her ilk as he picked it up and saw his target, and thus his money, making a run for it. “If you let that guy escape your the next one for doctor pretricious's research so get to it!” He barked out as he quickly gave chase to the man.

oocwell sorry to say it, but the fight is just falling behind way to much to keep waiting for the other guy. Unless you guy's would stop posting too which seems isn't going to happen. ^^;
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tarelde on July 13th, 2011, 1:18 am

26th Summer 511 AV, night

Tarelde did quite the opposite. She sheathed her sword and turned to the man and said "There's no point, before you can catch him he'll be gone, to chase him is to waste energy and resources, neither of which I'm going to do." She turned and was about to walk away but stopped and turned her head half around and said over her shoulder "And I don't think Brega would be too happy if I ended up a specimen in any research lab." With that Tarelde continued walking away from Tuic.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reok on July 13th, 2011, 1:28 am

He took no note of what Tarelde said, but turned back to see her walking away. His body was light, and apparently, getting lighter over the seasons. The good thing about a Nuit is that physical actions did not require energy from body fat to burn or exercise at all. All internal organs were not functional, and he was theoretically a perpetual motion machine. He never had to stop for breaths OR breaks, making him perfect for running away from things. He would better arm himself if he ever came back, and would sleep on the boat to Sahova in order to regain his ichor.

He made off with the fastest run he could in zig-zag formation, in case the pursuer could catch up directly behind him or was armed with a ranged weapon of any sort. He would run into the alleyway and out of sight up ahead, and would hopefully find a hiding spot until his chaser gave up.
Wanna hear a touching story? Once upon a time, you died. I lived happily ever after. The end. There's your touching story.
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Character sheet

Postby Aberdon on July 13th, 2011, 10:05 am

Obviously this lad had not been born with common sense. Young, brash, impetuous...in a way he reminded Aberdon of some children in Zeltiva, always remarking on his arm or excluding him from their activities. It wasn't enough to enrage him, but the sheer audacity of the child to take helpful advice and hurl it back into his face was enough to warrant at least a twinge of anger. As his hand passed above his head, the thief babbling on about how skilled he was at swimming, how diminutive Aberdon's stature, a yellow hand hard as stone reached and snatched the boy's wrist.

Pulling him close, rocky fingers closing painfully on the wrist bone, Aberdon brought it down and forced the boy to turn, yanking the appendage up roughly across his back. Unless the child was also some unknown student of martial arts, he was likely paralyzed by sudden and intense pain.

"Cheeky whelp aren't you?"
Aberdon growled from behind the child, taking two long strides toward the edge of the dock. The water beneath glimmered darkly, given fiendish life by the lantern light on the docks. Who knew what lay beneath the city of filth, floating in its water.

But someone was about to find out.

"A word of advice, boy," the Isur growled, pulling up with sudden harsh intention, twisting his wrist with a surge of strength. There was a dry pop, the sound of bones disconnecting momentarily before the Isur shoved the boy off the dock and into the brackish water, "When presented with advice, learn to listen. You live in Sunberth, Not Syliras, a mistake will get you gutted here."

The splash of water almost heralded the end of the fight, one of the cloaked men darting away as fast as his thin legs could take him. Aberdon watched him go for a moment, noting with disdain that the boy only thrashed around in the water like a wounded fish, quickly exhausting himself.

Reaching down with both arms, Aberdon strained against the water and the combined weight of his gear, lifting the thief from the water and depositing him on the dusty ledge.

"And you call yourself a thief..."
Aberdon
What was bound is now broken

Words: 24834
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Antar on July 13th, 2011, 10:57 am

'Now there was a fellow with promise.' Noth thought to himself as he watched the Isurian lever the emboldened thief out of the waters. The ability to discern when to act, and when not to was a rare occurrence in Sunberth, though he had to applaude the cheekiness of the boy thief as well.

Both of them seemed interesting enough for Noth to make his way slowly to the edge of the roof and swing himself over, only dropping softly to the ground after translating a several foot climb down a nearby chimney.

Coming from the shadows, Noth slowly began clapping his approval of what occurred as he walked towards the Isurian and the boy thief. He stopped clapping about ten feet away, ever mindful of his surroundings and the presence of the combatants farther down the line. Antar nodded a greeting towards them both followed by a slight bow and a smile to the tall mound of muscle and the drenched thief in training. "Hello there, my name is Anthony and I must say you two are a rather intriguing set of people, now aren't you? A boy who's stubborness might be the only trait that he has admirable, and a giant that seems to possess more then fury to the point he discerns difficulties and tries to stop another from making a mistake. May I ask your names, my interesting fellows?
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tuic on July 13th, 2011, 11:55 am

Tuic scowled as the way to arrogant woman began to talk down to him and he was about to put deed by word and knock her out with the blunt side if his axe and hand her over to the doctor for his research when she mentioned breda the whore. He let out a burst of scating laughter before grinning at her.
“Well a whore that doesn't know their place isn't worth a petching copper minted miza, so I doubt she would give a shyke that the good doctor is using you for his amusement.” A grin spread on his face.

“She might even just give people like that to him just to get free treatment for the ones that do listen, so better shut your mouth unless somebody talks to ya! Or ya need to use it for something else!” He gave one look over his shoulder at his running target before just scowling again, he had wasted to much time talking to this broad. He just walked in the same direction as the woman, silently sneaking up on her for the last few paces and then roughly grabbing her by the arm as he passed her. Slamming her hard against the crates before releasing her and just continuing to walk away from her. A grin on his face as he did so.
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 2:27 pm

The good thing about gambling is that it brings people together. For those few moments Bob was something bigger than himself, he and the gambling group become one. With the appearance of the new combatant, the group went "Ooohhhhh". When she attacked the poor nuit out of pure malice they found themselves booing at her. As the nuit successfully escaped the crowd cheered through empathy, happy that the poor and weak looking victim escaped. They mocked and jeered at the had been allies of the thug and woman when they turned on one another. Sunberth may be a town of crooks and robbers, but not everyone is a heartless monster.

Bob thought of helping the woman up on her feet when she was slammed to the crates but then he forcibly rejected that thought. There is no point in helping out a person who would act without any gain for herself. Mercy should only be shown to those who knows what it means. He'd rather help the nuit but the risk of getting the curse stopped him. Then Bob realized something. He is going to lose his two silver mizas if he didn't do something fast. Bob held out his hands to the shifty person taking the bets and said "Pay up buddy! I won the bet remember?" While saying that he released some djed to implant a suggestion into the man's mind. In his own voice he repeated his bet again through suggestion but with an extra word to make the man think it is coming from his memory. "T-T-Two! Two silver Mizas on the masked one *hack* losing"

After concluding his business, he thanked the group for a great time. He heard a little splash accompanied by a harsh voice a little while back. With all the fun done here he would check it out. Bob carefully crept to the spot with his back on the wall to make it harder for anyone to spot him and tried to avoid the cracks on the wooden floor so he would not make much sound. At the corner he peeked out and saw a dripping wet boy being harassed by a bigger man. Then a silver haired man dropped on the docks clapping. Bob recognized that silver hair anywhere. In horror he gasped, it was the man who intimidated the dangerous group at the bar the other day. "Is nothing off limits in Sunberth?" Bob thought to himself seeing the kid being victimized.

Last edited by Bob Barton on July 15th, 2011, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Darik on July 13th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Darik saw the Isur reach out his hand out to grab him. He tried to take a step back to avoid it but he was too close to the docks. ”Hay get off me!” he yelled as the man grabbed his wrist. He yelled because he hoped the sailors would come over and help him. He was just a helpless kid afterall.

The Isur started to pull his wrist down causing his whole body to move towards the ground. [color=orange] “What are you do---”
He couldn’t utter the last word because something happened. He was forced to turn around, but he really didn’t notice. It felt like his whole body was being slowly roasted by a fire. A very intense fire that never gave you a rest even for a second. The pain was intolerable, there was no escape from it. It was like a living hell.

He was awoken from his trance when his whole body became cold. Suddenly, his mind was brought back to the present. The thing he didn’t know was what he was in. It was cold, murky, and it was pulling him down. He needed to lift his head above this substance because it didn’t look like air. He started to wave his arms and legs trying to break the surface. When he came above the water, he saw that he was below the docks. The Isur must have thrown in him. “Help!” He shouted to the Isur, but the Isur was trying to lecture him. He barely got another breath, before he went back under. The water was starting to chill his senses making him want to fall into a deep dark sleep. Maybe if he let go of his breath he would be able to relax. Before he could die, he was lifted out of the water by the same Isur that had thrown him in.

Once his feet were firmly on ground he decided to bash the Isur’s reasoning. “W-what was that for? You shouldn’t go chunking people in water if they don’t agree with you.” He could almost be considered frozen. His sackcloth clothes had offered him no protection against the water’s icey grip.

I am thief.” he protested very softly. His body was about to stop working. He had no insulators of any kind attacked to him so the water had almost stopped his blood flow. Even though he was about to pass out, he still needed to get away from the Isur. He didn’t want to take another late night swim.

Before he had the chance to scamper away, a man appeared clapping his hands. Darik had no idea were he came from but that wasn’t important. The important thing was that he asked for Darik’s name. Only law enforcers do that! Also he said his stubbornness was his only good trait. He had a host of good traits! They are just hidden behind…. layers of other things.

“Kid?” He had started to regain his former attitude. His body was starting to warm up and his teeth were starting to revert to their previous state. It was probably the adrenaline that was helping him, he would probably feel terrible tomorrow. “You’re not much taller than me!” Actually the stranger was. He towered over Darik but they both had the same lean frame. “I think you were watching our interaction the whole time so why didn’t you help me? This monstrosity,” He pointed towards the Isur. “threw me in the water. Why would I grace you with my name when you have no manners?”
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reok on July 14th, 2011, 12:59 am

At the last second before he turned in the alleyway, he realized that his chaser had stopped his pursuit. He had escaped, but the dangers of running into him again would be too high. He would only go to the docks in the morning, and he would take caution to get back to a hiding spot before the night. He needed no comfort, so he never payed for an inn. He would soon be safe in Sahova (if he finds a ship) and he would make sure that he was a force to be reckoned with before coming back (if ever). Though so rare, this was a bad enough experience with other people to hold grudges. If he ever saw Tarelde or Tuic again (when prepared to go back to the mainland), he would teach them a lesson they hadn't learned. Tarelde attacked him because he was a Nuit. She didn't care that he was being robbed. And Tuic tried to rob him! Well, the first thing he had to do was find a hiding place...
Reok
Unlimited Potential

Character sheet

PreviousNext