A midnight surprise. (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Haeli on September 6th, 2011, 3:48 pm

"I wouldn't know what to ask." Haeli said softly, shrugging a little. She was tired of asking questions, having people volunteer nothing of themselves to her. She loved talking to others, but sometimes it was a lot of work to choose the topic and then try to make the conversation interesting enough so they wouldn't leave. More and more she was retreating back into her shell, the invisible one she'd worn like armor when she'd first arrived and had been wary of all things Lhavitian.

The people here were reserved, restrained, and while friendly enough, they didn't like things done differently than they normally did them. "It might have been the same one, I do not know though." She admitted, feeling at a loss there too. He didn't want to talk about it enough though for her to know, so she moved on in the conversation with him. So he liked the rain and the mountains, but not water so probably not the coast either. Haeli nodded glad he'd volunteered something of himself. "Rain always meant fresh drinking water for me. It was important. I had rain catchers sat out everywhere to collect it so that I didn't have to drink swamp water." She said, offering that tidbit in case he was interested.

She watched the way he stroked the grass and relaxed a little. He looked comfortable out here. "You were making fire out of nothing. I'd like to know how to do that." She said quietly, then added. "I know what Djed is and that it can be used for many things. But if you do not want to show me how, I understand. Teaching is not easy, in any topic be it medicinal plants to fire from thin air." She said, not pointing out her own experience in such things.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Elysium on December 15th, 2012, 1:27 am

Character: Haeli
XP:
Observation +1
Socialization +2

Lore:
Men are Arrogant Creatures
Lesson for Lesson?
All Things Lhavitian

Character: Naota
XP:
Reimancy +1
Socialization +1

Lore:
Fire Has a Mind of its Own
Haeli the Herbalist

Other: Very nicely written and very vivid.

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous