[Temple of All Gods] Service for Syna (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Archon on July 12th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Season of Summer, Day 46, 511 AV

The twelfth bell had arrived this day in Syliras. Its coming signaled the start of the Summer Solstice, the day during the year when Syna reigned the longest over the sky, and the start of the holiday in Syliras dedicated to the Sun Goddess.

Many in Syliras had ventured out to the thoroughfares, courtyards, and even a little outside the walls to bask in the warm glow coming down from Syna that day. The overall attitude of the city was one of happiness and festivity with friendly conversations being had almost everywhere inside the city. Even the Knights seemed a bit more friendly than normal, but not friendly enough that they weren't watching and ready to haul of anyone who got too rowdy.

Inside the Temple of All Gods the mood was a little more reverent, but still pleasant. Most, if not all, of those devoted to Syna within the city had gathered at the Temple to worship and honor their Goddess. They sat in the pews or stood about the open areas, and as the celebration began all gathered raised their voices in a song praising the glory of Syna.

After several chimes the song ended, and the congregation turned to more personal forms of worship. Some bowed their heads in prayer, but others began to talk softly amongst small groups of apparently like minded individuals. At the head of the chapel stood a young girl, not even old enough to be considered a young woman, who smiled warmly to all in the Temple, and politely spoke to any who approached her.

My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Amarhyl on August 10th, 2011, 12:54 pm

It was on this particular day that Amarhyl allowed herself to get caught up in festivities. It was a day to worship Syna, the day that her golden orb hung in the sky for the most amount of time. The streets were crowded even more than usual; it seemed every citizen was out to bask in the Goddess' glow.

Amarhyl had managed to force her tiny frame through the mass of people finally entering the Temple of All Gods, a little out of breath. A quick glance around the room revealed all manner of people, and they seemed to be standing or seated however they wished.

The girl moved quietly to the front of the chapel, settling onto the end of a pew. Less than a few chimes later, the song rose, and she added her own voice to it. The sound of the congregations combined voices rang through the building, hanging in the air for a few moments after it ended.

Around her, Amarhyl could hear hushed conversations forming and she also noted individuals praying alone. She was not a sociable person, so she bowed her head slightly, blonde hair falling over her face, and murmured a quiet prayer to the Goddess, a prayer of thanks and reverence.

When she had finished, she looked back up, her eyes falling on a girl even younger than herself. It took her a moment to realize that she had been there for the entire time. Surely she cannot be the Priestess? The surprise was evident on her delicate features, but if eye contact was made, she would quickly attempt to smooth it into a smile.
Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archon on August 12th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Amarhyl's gaze was met with a warm smile from the girl, and when the smile was returned the girl walked the few paces closer so they could talk at a comfortable volume.

"Good day to you," the girl's voice held a sense of wisdom to it that contrasted with her apparent age as she offered a hand to Amarhyl, "I'm Lira, and I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting before. I'm still new to the Temple, and so I'm working to get more familiar with our visitors. Might I know your name?"

Most were too engrossed in their own personal worship or conversations to pay much attention to the two girls, but a couple nearby worshipers murmured polite greetings and bowed their heads respectfully to Lira.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Andresciel on August 13th, 2011, 11:20 am

Andresciel slowly made his way into the Temple of All Gods, his sapphire eyes darting first to the young girl who had called herself Lira and then around to the other patrons. His footsteps carried him into the courtyard, into the sunlight as he looked at the sky, thinking.

Syna, Goddess of The Sun, Lady of the Light. Grant me the peace of knowing you this day. Andre's prayer was silent, a quick set of words in his mind as he turned his head towards the priestess, walking towards Lira and the other young woman with her. "Hello there Priestess." The Knights armor shimmered in the sunlight and many could often wonder why he was not complaining about the heat.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Archon on September 1st, 2011, 9:08 pm

"Priestess?" the girl replied to Andresciel with a small tilt of her head and a pleasant smile, "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting before Ser Knight," Lira gave a polite curtsy as she continued to speak, "Please, you can just call me Lira. I may be a Priestess, but I'm not in service directly to Syna. There's no need to be overly formal with me today."

As she straightened back up again she returned her warm, almost grandmotherly, smile to Andresciel, "Are you here on business, Ser Knight? It's not often that I've seen Knights come here wearing their full armor."

Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Amarhyl on September 2nd, 2011, 10:53 am

As it happened, their gazes did touch, and so Amarhyl let the smile spread over her features. As the girl approached, she stepped forward and met her almost halfway. Her words were those of someone much older than she really was. The sheer young-ness of the Priestess was still very much a surprise to Amarhyl.

She took the offered hand and shook it as she replied.
“My name is Amarhyl.”
She would have said more, but the arrival of another stopped her. It was a man dressed in armour, a Knight of the city. Amarhyl gave him a respectful nod and smile before he spoke to Lira, and then stood quietly by as he joined the conversation.
Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Andresciel on September 7th, 2011, 3:11 pm

"No Miss Lira. I'm not here on business. I was in the middle of my own prayers to Yahal, when I saw the service. I came to give praise to Syna, out of respect." The Man gave a warm smile, offering his hand, "I am Andresciel. An honor to meet you, Lady Lira." He bows his head ever so slightly.

He glanced at the other female, and smiles "As well as an honor to meet you. Don't let the armor put you off. Trust me, its not all its cracked up to be." He teased, joking about the armor even though it did get really hot inside all that metal. Sometimes, Andre felt like he was a can of food, being cooked in a fire, but Flames never really bothered the Reimancer.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Archon on October 6th, 2011, 6:43 pm

"A pleasure to meet both of you," Lira replied to Amarhyl and Andresciel with polite nods of her head at their introductions, her grip as she shook Amarhyl's hand soft, but not limp, "Is there anything I can help either of you with? Questions you might have?"

As Lira spoke Amarhyl noticed something that seemed a bit out of place. While most everyone was still dedicated to their worship of Syna, or quiet conversation with one another, a solitary figure stood out from the crowd. A young man, around her age, with messy brown hair who looked very nervous. He was slowly making his way through the chapel area, and he was frequently pausing and glancing about as if worried that someone might be watching or following him. Everyone else seemed to be paying no mind to the boy as he slowly made his way back towards the back of the temple, and the few doors that were located there.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Andresciel on October 7th, 2011, 5:43 am

"I only seek to praise the gods who grant us such things." He chuckles down at the young Priestess, "Though my own heart follows Yahal, Syna grants us so much." He smiles, sincere in his words. A rare thought popped in his head as he watched the young girl before him.

Though a Knight, and a Mage at that, he always gave people the benefit of the doubt, and always thought things through. Order were orders, but thinking saved your life. "May I ask of which Deity you follow, Miss Lira?" He would ask, polite, and thoughtful, seeking answers so that he may know who he was speaking to.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes