[Flashback] Upon the Boardwalk (Chevis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on July 12th, 2011, 11:03 pm

60th of Spring, 509 AV

OOCItalics mean they are talking in Vani.
"You look very handsome today Kay'lan." Kendall spoke cutely to the Vantha at her side as she kissed his cheek. Kay'lan simply smiled at Kendall before turning to kiss her lips. "You look very beautiful, although I know where you would look more beautiful…" Kay'lan's hand started to slip up Kendall's blouse before she grabbed his wrist. "No way mister. We are in public right now." The Vantha gave her a playful glare as his eyes turned a rich magenta. He did not like when she denied him but he could not do much while they were walking through the docks. The pair had just visited Kendall's brothers, Layton and Kel and were off to the Saarinen household to have lunch. "We need to work on dancing together again someday. You need to teach me how they dance in the snow!" Kendall giggled as she let go of her boyfriend's hand and twirled a little on the dock. Kay'lan simply smiled and wrapped his arms around her. "Maybe after lunch baby."

The pair walked on, watching the people and boats walk past. "Tell me some things in Vani." She smiled lightly at Kay'lan as she watched his eyes shift from magenta to green. The Vantha looked around and pointed to one of the ships. "Ship." Kendall nodded and repeated after him. "Ship." With a kiss to her forehead he spoke again. "Kiss." Kendall giggled and pulled the boy's lips down to meet her own. After a light kiss she looked into his eyes which had turned a brilliant shade of blue. "Kiss."
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Chevis Maelstrom on August 12th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Chevis was sitting on a barrel at the docks. He was in an unusual mood today, a little less mischievous than normal. He had his bongo drum between his knees, trying to work out a little something simple. His hands were flat, fingers tapping the taut skin. For now he tried to mimic the waves lapping against the docks.

Thump... Tap. Thump... Tap.

He wasn't too good at making his own music, but he could mimic somewhat decently. He continued the Thumptapping for a while, constantly making tiny adjustments until he could feel the heartbeat of the ocean in his hands. Only those that lived with the ocean like the Svefra did would understand that feeling. He could now feel a small row boat tied to the dock striking it.

Thump..Thump..Tap... Thump..Thump..Tap...

He heard some giggling and looked up. He saw a young couple taking a romantic stroll. He smiled, while it wasn't really his personal thing, he liked seeing others be romantic. When they were in ear shot, he began mimicking the girl's lackadaisical foot steps with one hand, and the man's confident steps with his other.

Thump... Thump... Thump...
Tap Tap... Tap Thud... Tap Tap

As they neared, he caught their attention by using a seductive phrase in Fratava, Why don't you to just go at it like seals here on the docks?" He made the tone of his statement seem innocent, despite its quite improper meaning. In Common, "You two are like rare kissing fish from the seas. A joyous occasion."

He then began a soft melody he'd taught himself once, a piece that often piqued the curiosity of listeners.

Thumpthumpthump... ... Thud. Thumpthumpthump... ... Tap! thud Tap!

Chevis Maelstrom
Player

Words: 13583
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2011, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kendall Saarinen on August 13th, 2011, 12:34 am

As the pair walked Kendall could hear a drumming in the air. It was not exactly rhythmic, more like a series of thumps. Kay'lan heard it too, his eyes shifting to an annoyed orange. Kendall looked up at him, her brow furrowing "What is wrong babe?" Kay'lan looked over to the man sitting on the barrels and grumbled. "If people are going to play music in public they should at least know how to use their instrument." Kay'lan did not have a lot of patience for other people, especially when it came to music. He was raised as a Snowsong Vantha, the hold of music. To him if you were not skilled you did not deserve to play. Kendall grabbed his arm, looking at him sternly. "Babe, be polite." Kendall often found herself covering for her boyfriend's mouth. He took a lot of liberties in his words but his temper could rarely keep these statements in check. This was where Kendall had to step in, smoothing over her lover's rude words.

Growing up in Zeltiva, Kendall knew the rough sound of Fravata but not the words. When the man who was drumming began to speak the Svefra tongue Kendall quickly looked away, grabbing onto Kay'lan's arm. "Just ignore him Kay. I don't know what he is saying and neither do you but if you get into a fight with him we are going to have a whole group of Svefra after you." Her hand moved up and down his arm, trying to keep her Talderian lover at a calm state. His eyes were darkening, moving away from their orange hue and moving closer to ruby red. When the Svefra spoke again, in common this time Kay'lan's eyes flashed a deep crimson color. Kendall gripped into his arm, trying to keep him from jumping at the man or trying to get physical with him. To her surprise Kay'lan simply glanced at him, his red eyes seeming to look right through him. "Why don't you mind your own petching business. No one wants to listen to you or stupid remarks or your unskilled bongo playing." Kendall's eyes widened as she heard Kay'lan talking to the Svefra. While she somewhat agreed with him in the fact that she did not want someone commenting on her love life the Vantha did take it a bit too far. "Sorry about him. He is just very… grumpy at times. I'm Ken-" Kendall held her hand out to try and show some sign of peace but Kay'lan pulled her hand away. "No, sorry about her. She is too friendly to people who needs to learn to petch off." With a light pull of her arm, Kay'lan urged her away from the Svefra. "Go run back to your boat Svefra."
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Oracle on October 4th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Name: Kendall Saarinen

XP Award:
  • Rhetoric +1

Lore:
  • Vani Vocab: Kiss, Ship
  • Playing Peace Keeper
  • Recognizing Fratava

Name: Chevis Maelstrom

XP Award:
  • Musical Instrument: Bongo +1

Lore:
  • Being Threatned

Notes: Wish it hadn't been cut short, this would have been a very interesting thread.

If you have any concerns with this please PM me and let me know. :)

A.S. Oracle
Zeltiva Lore****Zeltiva Forum****The University

Please see my absence thread if I have not responded in some way in over 24 hours
Oracle
AS of Zeltiva

Words: 53472
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2011, 2:41 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook