[Location] The Gated Community

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Gated Community

Postby Leviathan on July 13th, 2011, 4:40 am

The Gated Community

Image Most of Sunberth can be walked through, run through, or passed through with relative ease, assuming you can get through without being mugged, raped, or stolen from. However, most of Sunberth does not apply here. In the Gated Community, which is little more than a small fortress of a district inside the Chaotic City itself, it is just a little bit safer. In fact, the Gated Community is actually considered the safest place in the entire city, if of course you are permitted to be there. This area, owned and populated by members of the "Sun's Birth", or often refer to themselves as "Syna's Children" or the "Reborn", which is the third prominent crime syndicate in Sunberth, is always heavily guarded.

During the day, the gated community if filled with men in armor, much like the Syliran Knights would be, and their training is outstanding, again with touches of Syliran Style too it, yet these men are far from being honor-bound or righteous. They are guards, members of the "Sun's Birth", paid to protect whoever is in their highest interest, which is everyone that secludes themselves within the Gated Community. When the sun is high and the streets are warm, the place looks as peaceful as a well protected city, though at night the community is locked up, the number of guards doesn't lessen, but the are switched out to fresh eyes. Anyone who has paid to stay inside the community is blessed to have these armored Dragoons watching over their rented homes, yet if you so much as open your doors, fines and/or severe punishment can occur. Anyone who does not make it to the Community before the gates are locked find that they are locked out until sunrise the next day, no exceptions.

Jaren Joander, nicknamed Joan by those close enough not to feel his wrath, is in charge of keeping the Gated Community safe during the day. Tarak, a short Akalak (By Akalak Standards) is in charge of guarding the Community at night, and his natural night vision eyes never fail him.

Locations Within the Gated Community:
Goldfinger's Loan Agency - This is the place to go for quick money; customers beware as debt can be a harsh thing to settle.
Silvertongue's Silver Tongue - This is more or less a place to purchase jewelry, gems, all illegitimate, but highly expensive.
Ruby's Scarlet Sanctum - A High Class, small, whorehouse. Ruby herself makes sure all her girls and boys are 'high class', 'professional', and 'expensive'.
Dragoon Training Grounds - Location of extreme training for Sun's Birth Dragoons, but also trains outsiders for a price. Weapons are also sold here.

NPCs

Jaren Joander

Image Jaren "Joan" Joander is a pretty boy and son of Jardeg Joander, the master-at-arms and Ex-Knight of Syliras. Jaren has, through many years of rigorous training from his father, and thanks to his father carrying him on his coattails, earned his position among the most well known of the Sun's Birth Dragoons. He himself is head of the Day Watch, which is actually the simpler of the two Daily Watch cycles. Cocky, Horny, Obnoxious, Jaren is more or less a young man with his heart in his loins and his love for the ladies and beer. Despite this, he is actually a very skilled warrior, and has proven this more than once, which is why he and his father are considered to be the more important of the people in the Sun's Birth.

Skills - Weapon: Longsword 55, Weapon Shield: 40, Brawling 55, Acrobatics 15, Running 15, Observation 26, Intimidation 15

Tarak/Kraren

Image Tarak (the darker brother) is the leader of the Dragoons in the Gated Community during the night. This man, an akalak of roughly six and a half feet in height, is known for being almost completely controlled by his darker half, a bloodthirty blue giant that has more than once killed for no more than he hadn't gotten the chance in a while. During nights, he is always where he should be, performing his duties, keeping the Gated Community on lockdown, though during the days he vanishes into the city, often to pleasure himself with bloodshed or sex. The Akalak is also a mute, for unknown reasons, and has been since birth, but he is, quite possibly, the greatest warrior of the entire Sun's Birth, and nobody is willing to try and test this. Rumors say that Tarak is undefeated in Sunberth in any fight, under any circumstances, and that he's killed men with a single punches on several occasions.

Skills - Unarmed Combat 85, Wrestling 55, Brawling 55, Tactics 45, Detection 52, Intimidation 46, Body Building 45, Flux 20
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook