The Shyke Job (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Shyke Job (Solo)

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 7:28 am

10th day of Summer 511

The first day on the job that Killroy gave him and Bob was not looking too forward to it. At least Hannah was helpful enough the previous day so he got the basic idea. He remembered the last real conversation with Hannah, maybe he laughed at the wrong joke? He decided to start off at the horse stables first since Hannah had to describe more about the dogs, and that means more work.

Stepping into the stables he was greeted with the disgusting smell of horse shyke as Killroy calls it. He moved towards some of the horses to get a feel of them. They didn't move away but towards his hands as he tried to pet them. These animals are very friendly to people. Killroy...or Hannah must have been training them well. Bob would not have thought that if he really knew that Killroy had a reputation when it comes to the missing horses in Sunberth. Or that those horses have had more than one, two, three or more owners in their life. Some of the more beautiful horses he took the brush and brushed their mane or stroked their neck to calm them down. Making some of them neigh in annoyance as the brush got stuck and Bob had to force it through and the brush would have some horsehair on it. "Better get better at that of some of them may trample me if they have the chance..."

The horses good nature raised Bob's spirit a little and then came the dirty job of shovelling the shyke. When he took the shovel, it nearly reached Bob's neck obviously made for someone taller. If Bob was going to shovel with that, taking into account the difficulty he'd encounter from the height difference and how heavy the shyke and spade's weight combined would be he would be at the stables through the night and he did not like the thought of that. Bob went back to one of the horses and begun stroking it thinking about what he can do. Sometimes the horse may show its preferred spot or jerk Bob's hand off when its uncomfortable and Bob made sure to remember which spot the horse preferred and everytime after that he stroked the horse again, he made sure his hand is on that spot.

Bob left and brought back with him some water a few minutes later where he. Before doing anything else, he went and drew a circle on the palm of his hand. A focus, which he was told to make the control over his reimancy more better. After that, he started to put out some res on the his hand in the middle of the focus. Not too much but enough to cover over something. With the res on his hand, he used it to attract the water, forming a ball of water in his hand with res in the middle to hold it all together. Dropping the water ball on the shyke, Bob while still concentrating controlled it to fully envelop the shyke and start walking towards the door while making the waterball float beneath his palm which faced the ground so it would not touch Bob's hands with its tainted water. It may have been a little bit slow but it beats exhausting himself using the shovel or having to get himself dirty.

Once out the door he would leave the shyke at the fields by slowly squeezing it out of the waterball. With the pressure he applied, the shyke slowly came out of the layers. First it passed through the res surrounding it then went through the outer layer of water before dropping on the spot Bob was told to put the shyke in. He was lucky it was a slow day at Killroy's or someone might have caught him. After he was done, he went back into the stables with the waterball to repeat the process again.

Before leaving he remembered he had to feed the horses as well. Better because it should be an easy job. Hay is light so Bob just dropped off a few handfulls of hay with each horse at they smiled with their creepy horse smile in appreciation. After 3 hours his job was done and he went on to the dog kennels bringing with him somemore water just in case.
Last edited by Bob Barton on July 27th, 2011, 3:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Shyke Job (Solo)

Postby Bob Barton on July 13th, 2011, 7:46 am

The dog kennels were completely different from the stables. The dogs kept on barking and barking when Bob went in. Bob used to have a dog himself back home but that only gave him experience in dealing with one instead of...one...two...three...Bob lost count after four even with the help of finger counting with the noise distracting him. Again he went up to the dogs individually to get a feel of them as he did with the horses. Most allowed Bob to pet them but the others tried to bite Bob's hand as he put in between the bars of the cage. Those are the troublemakers and Bob made a mental note of it.

When he tried to use the reimancy trick on the dog's shyke again it did not work out well as he had hoped. After brushing his hands against the hay, he found that the glyph has disappeared. So Bob again had to draw another circle on his palm. As a focus point for him to know where to channel the res from and utilizing the glyph's power to help him. The liquid res on his palm grew bigger and bigger until he found it was enough and used the water be brought with him. Attracting the water and forming another waterball before plopping the shyke into it. While those "good" dogs wouldn't give him too much trouble, Bob found some of them trying to get a lick on the shyke filled water and had to exert himself to move faster to snatch the waterball away.

He only did this with the "good" dogs first and after that started to brush them. "You know what...I think I am going to forget about the ticks a little unless they really stand out" as he was brushing the dogs, only picking up any ticks which Bob could see on the fur. It was easy enough to see, they were big black spots of disgusting on the animal's fur. Bob brought forward his hand's towards whatever ones he found and plucked them out between his finger and thunb while squashing them and tossing the dead body away.

Now its the troublemaker's turn. Bob knew that for those he had to use all his tricks. He started to work on those individually. At each cage he would do the same. Putting res on his palms which at this point the glyph really helped because Bob was getting exhausted with all this strenuous physical activity. A waterball on one hand, the other would be used to try and pet them while saying "There, there boy...Bob only wants to clean you up a little..." and at those words he would release some his djed to go along with them, the power of hypnotism to calm down their emotions and suggest to them that he is their friend. He never tried this on animals before, so he hoped they might understand the concept of friends for humans. To help with his attempt he treated them like he would his own dog, speaking slowly and softly while assuming a small size to make himself less threatening. After that he would brush them and use his reimancy to clean the shyke, it might have worked in a way because the dogs just ignored him after that. Problem is they weren't too friendly when he caught them growling at him.

Using so much magic in one day really made Bob tired. If it wasn't for his constant training and use he might find himself easily succumbing to overgiving but those days were in the past. He was exhausted though by the end of the day, finding himself having to concentrate more just to maintain the waterball's form to carry the shyke out as his control over them started to be weaker. If that wasn't enough, he nearly slipped on some of the water which dripped down from the waterball when he was feeding the dogs as he ran back and forth between the cages and the place the food was kept. Without his quick reflexes in catching hold of a corner of one of the cages, he might have found himself falling face first into shyke tainted water. But he wasn't safe then because the cage was one of the troublemakers which took a bite out of his hand and Bob shouted at it in pain.

As he closed the doors of the kennels and put back the barrel where he found it he slumped leaning on the wall in exhaustion and said out loud "There has got to be a better way to pass this stupid test. By the time Killroy gives me the real job I'd be nothing more than a wet rag!" Bob decided that maybe he would ask that girl Hannah for some help in a few days. She seemed friendly enough so she just might help him... If anything those bite marks on his hands might get a little pity at best.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Shyke Job (Solo)

Postby Archelon on August 24th, 2011, 4:43 am

Thread Award

“Don’t let it eat me- Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And the Results!!!!:
Bob Barton :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Reimancy 1 Water Ball
Glyphing1 Drawing circles on palms
Hypnotisim1 Animal calming
Animal Husbandry 3 Dog Talking, Tick Removal, horse care

List of Lores:
Reimancy Special technique: Water ball:
Encapsulating Shyke

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Well I looked at it and gave you what I could, however, glyphing and water ball control should be getting easier at bob’s current levels (after you get reimancy back) so I’d expect a little more in the skills usage to award further points : ) As for tick removal- the only way to really kill a tick is crushing in a pair of pliers or using a hot needle. Most types’ shells are too hard to crush between your fingers. Remember to use this for your seasonal job pay you'll have to submit a sepearate note in levi's office with all 3 completed jobs :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)