(The slums:outskirts)A night's grace (Aberdon& others ,open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on July 14th, 2011, 3:54 am

Timestamp: 25th of Summer, 511 AV (At night) (After the thread: Why is money never free)

Noth made his way silently in the darkness of sunberth's night back to the camp, the far off sign of where his syndicate had pitched their campsite coming into view with the welcoming fires. He was fine with bringing a small group to the others now, as they moved their camp each day there was almost no chance of anyone finding them again after the morning rose.

After all, it wouldn't be wise for them all to squander their time and good will only to have their backs stabbed in the morning. No matter what the case, Noth was going to be sure to be sleeping in one of the other members four man tents tonight if he had to loan out his to this group he'd met at the docks.

In the main camp, the fire was already burning a welcome sight as they passed a few of the others. Whether they would come to join the affairs tonight was a matter only time would tell. For a moment Noth turned to look back at the group which was following him.

"Please warm yourselves by the fires. I'm sure we'll have a bit to discuss while I get a loaf of bread for us to share."
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bob Barton on July 16th, 2011, 11:49 am

Bob reluctantly followed the group keeping a fair distance behind them alone. With the smartmouthed kid gone, Bob didn't really want to follow the group since now he was only left with what he sees as Sunberth scum. Unfortunately he already agreed to hear Antar out so he had no choice but to go with his own words. Now that he was stuck with the Isurian which intimidates kids and a Konti which attacks people for fun, he was counting the odds on when the group will turn on each other. He muttered to himself "Before the morning. Definitely. Either the Isurian of the Konti will start..." relying on his past experiences and knowledge with people like them.

Where he walked there was a straight mark on the dirt with breaks in between. Bob was figuratively and literally dragging his feet following the group, only stopping to kick the occasional stone which crossed his path in frustration. Sometimes he might just turn to look behind. The darkness was playing tricks on him, making him feel like something was following them from behind but he never caught a glimpse of anything. A bit of paranoia never hurt anyone much though so he held on to his walking cane a little bit tighter. The campfire was a welcome sight to him and once he reached there he took his seat, still distancing himself from the rest. He still could not trust them yet. "And something to drink, without any alcohol in it if you don't mind." he asked after Antar when he wanted to get the bread.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Darik on July 24th, 2011, 12:49 am

Darik was miserable, well more miserable than usual. This was all because of the fight at the docks. Not that Darik regretted participating, there’s nothing wrong with trying to make a few more Miza’s. What he didn’t like was almost getting kill by the Isur. Getting killed isn’t Darik’s definition of fun. Now if the Isur had given him his life savings, he would be singing a different tune. A vastly different tune that carried a whole nother lifestyle with it.

So there Darik was walking into the slums. Why was he walking this way? Because he was going to his “house”, he didn’t even consider spying on the archer dude. He looked like he had some skill with the longbow. Not someone he wanted to mess with, or deal with. He saw a large bonfire, and because he went with the flow, he decided to investigate. What he saw next surprised him. What he saw actually looked organized, unlike the rest of Sunberth.

It was an encampment of sorts, a fire rested in the middle, while tents surrounded it. All the tents looked far enough away that they wouldn’t burn from the flames. Darn, fires are great for increasing the contents of your purse. Darik viewed the whole encampment with great interest. He considered if he should steal from them. They didn’t use that much secrecy so they either have great warriors or great numbers. Either one isn’t good for a robbery. Or they were just stupid. Because Darik was a optimist he headed towards the tents.

His first steps were on handy dandy soft, silent, grass. After that, there were these thick crunchy leaves that made loud “Chrr” sounds every time they were stepped on. There was a lot of “Crrr” going on as he tried to get into a better spying position. He tried to dodge the leaves so he could remain hidden. His leaf dodging trials were proved futile. There was just too many of them. Darik didn’t know how professional thieves operated. Even crouching and using your balls of your feet didn’t lessen the sound. Or maybe he wasn’t doing it right? Maybe there was some trick of the trade he hadn’t learned yet.

It didn’t matter that the leaves made loud noises in the end. All the campers seemed preoccupied with whatever they were doing. Sparring, talking, and drinking were just few activities people were partaking in. One in particular stuck out, the archer talking by the fire. Darik decided he needed to sneak closer to him so he could hear the job. Maybe it would interest him in some way. He didn’t like the man but in reality it all depended on the pay. He snuck towards a four man tent. A stick must have appeared out of the abyss because it suddenly appeared under Darik’s foot. It caused him to stumble wildly.

Because he was off balance his next step rammed into a rope. It was connected to the stake with an unidentifiable knot. The next thing he knew was that he was eating dirt. Using his hands he pushed himself upwards so he could withdraw his feet from the robe. Everyone was starting to stare at him with hate. Most were drawing weapons, heading in his direction.” Ummm hi, nice camp. How you guys doing? Good right? Then I better be leaving.” He started to take small steps towards the way he had come. He figured that if he made bigger steps it would make his escape attempt more obvious.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aberdon on July 27th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Aberdon walked in silence, eyes stony and distant. He'd walked this street before, but then his feet had clanged with chains and he trudged to the pace of another's will. Those days, while long behind him, were enough to burn at his heart. Antar had taken the lead, playing the part of the leader. Ordinarily a lone creature, Aberdon had trouble levying the amount of trust necessary to take the archer at his words, but Sunberth was the kind of place that preyed on those arrogant enough to assume working alone was better. The trick was to be important enough to preserve. Comrades weren't to be trusted, not in Sunberth. A place like this crushed generosity and goodness and only emulated the wicked and selfish.

Still, if Antar had some proposition, perhaps aligning himself with a group of cutthroats would allow his purposes to be masked. His intent, if such a dream could be called intent, was to bring punishment on those who sought to impose their will on others, to enslave otherwise free sentience as he was.

Tonight, the battle at the docks, Darik, the boy-thief... none of that was why he had come back here. Was he truly as set as he wanted to be? Belief was a difficult thing to bring to fruition and purpose was just as tricky. Perhaps a part of him wanted to strike out at all that Sunberth was, the festering moans beyond his master's smithy those long years ago...the men he'd killed in the Cage, and beyond.

He paid little mind to the others as he traveled, keep his eyes set and his steps solid. Toward the outskirts of town, where tents rose like small mountains among the black, Aberdon wondered vaguely if they had brought him out so far to die.

A death in combat was something he heard Akalaks could sing of to their sons, or be remembered for in their families. For the Isur, his parents had always taught peaceful solutions in the beginning, to mitigate rather than exacerbate. In shame to their memories, Aberdon could almost sympathize with such warrior-like pride. Something had been beaten into him, carved against his heart and poured into his veins.

Hatred, combined with a lust for combat and testing oneself, a disastrous concoction held only loosely by his usual stoicism.

And when that failed?

It wasn't a good topic to think on.

He nodded to Antar, confident at least that if he were to be poisoned, they would not waste good bread to do it. Taking a seat by the fire he closed his eyes and simply bathed in its warmth, ignoring the others who had come with him. For now they were distant creatures, held at arms length under the circumstances he'd come to meet them in.

For Aberdon, trust was a scarce commodity...he had barely any.

Even in himself.
Aberdon
What was bound is now broken

Words: 24834
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Antar on August 6th, 2011, 11:55 pm

oocSorry for the delay guys, I was waiting for kiara to come in to scare the beejeesus out of Darik IC, but the player's been MIA for a bit. So- it’s time to improvise :>)

Noth came back out of the tent, with a bit of bread and his water flask. He shielded his eyes and turned his head, keeping his sight away from the burning fire as he drew his longbow. Out beyond the light's rim someone or something was making enough noise to disturb a sleeping polar bear and Noth wanted to be prepared for anything. Knocking an arrow he stepped out to peek around the canvased corner of his humble abode, keeping one eye squinted to let his vision adjust a little faster. Any person who spent time in a camp knew that fires disturbed people's nightvision and viewing anything a few feet away from their light was difficult without a few seconds of adjustment.

Spying the varmint sneaking up on them he waited for the spots to clear his eyes. He was willing to take a shot to end the petcher's life if need be to a bolt to the chest, but he couldn't be sure who it was at this time. So he waited.

Five Seconds, the fool still made enough noise to wake the dead.
Six seconds; His finger tightened around the drawstring as he leaned into the bow.
Seven seconds; Taking aim he sighted on the target, looking from the tip of the arrow, and not by glancing down the shaft.
Nine Seconds... He was just about to release when the individual in question stood up out of nowhere and began to shout to the camp. He recognized the voice of the brazen thief who had been at the docks earlier.

On the tenth second, he made a snap decision to hold off firing before slowly releasing the tension in the wire to let the arrow lay lightly upon the string. Appearances notwithstanding, Noth was ready to pull back and fire at a moment's instant. He shifted his aim towards the young man's legs and stood to allow Darik to see him. Clearing his throat loudy, Noth smiled and cocked his head a little bit to the side before he spat. "Oh... I don't think you're going anywhere you young pup! If you think I'm going to fall for such a bold faced lie you have another thing coming."

He smiled wryly as he noted the young buck didn't really have anywhere to run, Noth could shoot him faster then he could dive away. So he figured it would be a wry bit of amusement if he could make the little bastard squirm a little. "Now here's what you're going to do, my friend. You're going to understand something; I have a ... reputation of sorts... that if someone steals from me, or someone I know that they shouldn't be stealing from I hunt them down without mercy. Even if they succeed in one job, if I find out years later, I'll still gut them like a fish."

Noth smile turned sinister as he leaned forwards and spoke coldly, tinged with a just a wry hint of amusement. "Now I hate such fish, wouldn't you? I also hate rats that just crawl on the ground and yet... since you were just crawling on the ground you could be a rat trying to sneak up for some food. If so that truly was a pitiful display there champ. Absolutely Pitiful.

I hate it when someone tries to sneak up on me almost as much as I hate them thieving from me, but I hate it more when they don't do it right. You know what I'm saying, boy? If you do; You better nod before I get an itching for some target practice. I got to have you answer the question I gave ya: You wouldn't be a fish, or a rat right?"

He aimed his bow at Darik's legs, as he continued talking. His voice as pleasant as if he was discussing the weather, or what he had for dinner last week."Maybe i should make you dance, or lose a leg as you sing the answer. Then you wouldn't be sneaking up on noone. Isn't that right, boy? Yes, I think that would be for the best: Sing me a song about whether you're a rat or a fish and show me which you prefer: dancing, or losing a leg!!!!"

He drew back on the string, pulling the arrow back to his chin, the arrow still true to hit the would be thief in the thigh. "Better make your decision quick boy. My fingers are getting a little tired."
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1

Postby Bob Barton on August 7th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Bob was busy looking around camp to evaluate his companions a little. Then some very loud noises could be heard behind him. He hopes that the reason that his hosts are in a secluded place such as this is not for remaining hidden. Those noises were L-O-U-D! So loud that it would be even heard on the other end of the Sylira region. By morning this camp would probably be swarming with even deaf people, wishing to regain the ability to hear from the miraculous loud noises.

And if the deaf would look for the sources of the noise why not Bob as well? He turned around only to see the boy from the docks again. Why did he come? To have revenge on the Isur for dunking him? Bob sighed. While he admired the boy's strong desire to have revenge on the one which humiliated him, he had to pity him for his stupidity as well. The man was an Isur for crying out loud. One punch from him and the boy will find himself hit all the way to his next birthday. At least Bob now knew that he was not crazy. The presence he felt earlier must be from the boy. He didn't hide his presence very well...

But who was more dangerous, the Isur or the archer? Bob wonders. The archer promptly was at the boy with a bow trained on him while giving some sweetlyy worded threats whereas the Isur was lost in his thoughts uncaring about the boy. Sweet or not, Bob did not want to have his night ruined by stupidity or blood so looking at the archer he called out "Hey you, our host! Stop scaring a little lost boy. If you want I might go ratcatching or fishing with you later." Of course Bob probably won't follow up with his offer but he had to say something to try and convince the archer from doing something to the boy.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Tarelde on August 8th, 2011, 3:08 am

oocOriginally I thought that I was going to move my chara, that didn't happen so I'm now rejoining the thread so to speak

Tarelde merely sat and watched and listened to everyone blather on. She heard the noises too and once the archer caught the intruder, a boy, that she recognized she drew her gladius and walked over pointing at the kids stomach.

"I say we stick him with one of our many sharp objects. He's probably a spy, he's not worth much either way and he's done nothing but insult and cause me problems so I'd love to slit him from the arse to the skull. And gambler...he's not just a lost little boy, he's a spy and probably a thief."

Tarelde really hated this kid, and really wanted him dead. This kid, has caused her nothing but problems since she had been here and he was becoming a major pain in the arse to her. Maybe if she'd met him in Brega's or somewhere where a fight wasn't involved and if he hadn't been so insulting but that didn't happen so he really needed to die. Tarelde however couldn't just kill him here nor could she ask anyone else to so she'd have to be quiet for now.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darik on August 10th, 2011, 1:59 am

oocSorry about the powerpost! Blame Antar, he’s the one that brought it on you.
Antar forgot to take his medication. Seriously, he was having a mental breakdown in front of Darik. He looked completely fine about shooting Darik in cold blood. Darik didn’t even have a weapon…pulled out. That’s still considered cold blood! What’s with people and hurting Darik? He had almost been drowned by the isur, the very same who was sitting by the campfire, and now he was about to get some puncture wounds from the tall man’s arrows. The man only gave him one way out from his fate, singing and dancing. Of course he was going to do as the man wished but how was he going to carry it out? Be ashamed by it or enjoy it? This man meant it as a punishment, so Darik was going to enjoy busking whether he wanted to or not!

He bent down as if he was about to tie his shoes. The man pulled the bow back ready to shoot. Wait, I am doing what you asked. Just fixing something.” He needed his wrist in fully functional form. He was already forming in his mind how he was going to carry out the archer’s wishes. In fact he was going to exceed the man’s twisted expectations. He had an overall goal to accomplish, annoy the crap out of Antar. While he was lost in thought he laid his wrist perpendicular with the ground. His foot slammed on it bringing himself from his conscious planning. He lifted it in the air and rotated it a few times. It seemed functional, for now. It was going to be on fire later but what’s pain compared to losing your life? Yes, that’s what Darik was doing, performing for his life.

Darik resumed his standing position. What he was about to do couldn’t be too hard. He had seen bards and musicians perform for tyrants longer than he had to. Then again they memorized the tales but Darik figured his superior intellect would aid him. They are musicians anyway, they can’t be smart if they chose that career. Before he started, he gave one roll of his shoulders to relive his tension. He needed to be loose and flexible for what he had in plan. Next, he needed his voice to be void of junk. He made a sound like a frog croaking as he got out all the junk in his lungs. Then he spat it behind him, past the camp’s perimeter. Now, he was ready to impress the crowd.

First his usual unimpressed face became a smile. Yes a real, smile. That means both of the sides of his lips were up. It actually wasn’t stressed, Darik wanted to blow Noth’s mind away. He started off with a voice that sounded lighter and more whimsical than normal. It wasn’t on par with a girls, it was more akin to Darik’s voice four or five years ago. When life actually still had joy in the little things in life.

A rat or a fish Perfect strategy for biding time. He restated the topic so he could have a few extra milliseconds to plan. Ya, it didn’t help him much.
Such a hard dish Hay, he’s improvising. Don’t expect perfect! Yes, he is already improving on the second line. This isn’t going to end well.
I better not choose Darik did the classic shrug. He lifted both of his hands in the air forming a football field goal, with an extra part added in the middle. It was quick so by the next line you wouldn’t have any idea he had shrugged.
Because you all know Not really, he was surrounded by idiots.
They are one in the same. Darik interlocked his hands.

A rat, a rat, a rat ta ta tat. Don’t ask why because even I don’t know. Also Darik waved his finger for the duration.
What is a rat? A great question in my humble opinion.
Is it a cat attacking with its steel He sliced downwards like a cat trapping its prey.
Or is it a dog eating its last meal Die doggy die! On an unimportant note, he also put his head back as if he was howling to the moon.
It doesn’t matter either way It really doesn’t.
Because a rat is with us today Darik’s eyes had been searching the crowd the whole time focusing on each person for around the same amount of time. When he said this line his eyes focused on Bob for just an extra second. It looked accidental as if by chance but it wasn’t. His tone didn’t change though or his tempo as he continued his song.

No, not I
How could a noble beast
like I
be a monster’s feast? Brilliance, pure brilliance.
I will not reveal who it is ya, that would be a tad discourtesy shouting “BOB” in front of a huge crowd.
But so you know What you think he would miss a chance to insult someone?
While I stood hiding It was like he was doing some dodge from a fire emblem game. He ducked down and was back up almost licitly split.
It knelt crying Crying? Really? Come on Darik, think of some better examples! It was a good action to act out though. With both of his fists he rubbed them up and down his eyes.
While I am brave Darik held up his hand in the air as if he was threatening the very skies themselves. It was an inside joke.
It is a knave Knave means boy servant fyi. Because it a servant he bowed as if he was departing a master.

You’ve heard enough of me and rats They had, they may have been screaming in agony right now.
But what about those deftly bats? It sounded good but there was something missing. It dawned to him on the next line so he hurried to fix his mistake.
Wait, have I forgotten about those fisheys under the sea? Darik held out both of his hands in front of him. Then with the hands together, he wiggled them left and right as if the hands was a fishes head navigating the sea. Like always when the verse was done he stopped.
Oh Dearest me, thank you for your beauteous chime He figured someone, deep in their abyss of the mind, shouted out he had forgotten.
Reminding me of the work of the eye. Hay, it doesn’t have to make sense. All that matters is if it stands good. Darik held both of his hands together as if he was shaping around an eyeball.

Fishes swim under the sea Instead of the fish motion, Darik held up both of his hands to the side. He then wiggled them stimulating the ocean’s waves.
Yet in their time they all die In this one Darik was faced with a split second decision, hit the floor, or pretend to sleep. He did the second option. He crooked his neck to the right as if it was laying on the pillow. He had his hands together in that place were the pillow would be. Walla, he was pretending someone had gone to sleep and never woke up.
So how are they different from us?He crossed his hands over his heart.

At the end of this line Darik saw an arrow appear by his feet. The man, Antar, had shot him. In a voice worthy of an illiterate idiot he yelled “DANCE!” Very well he would do what this man wished. He would dance so well the man would be so astonished that he would faint from Darik’s awesomeness. Darik also speeded up his tempo a little just because when you’re dancing your brain works at a faster pace.

Darik had been standing still till then, swinging his arms ever so slightly only interrupting his movements for his demonstrations. Now that Antar had ordered him, he started one of his routine. The simplest way to describe his routine is a skip greatly modified. Darik would call it the man skip((patented by Darik. No toucheys!)). The one similarity between the two skips is that they were both performed on the balls of the feet. Darik had learned long ago, the balls of your feet had more uses then just silence. Yep, that’s the only similarity. That’s why it’s greatly modified.

Skips get their motion from driving the knees upward. Because the man skip only has the knees go up one fourth of the original amount you can expect that it was much slower. Instead of a jog it was more akin to a slow jog. Skips also have the dancer’s arms go up and down like an automated machine. Deary no, Darik didn’t do that with the man skip. That would be stupid. Instead when one of his legs was back the adjacent arm made one half of a perpendicular x over his torso. Now onto foot movement. The foot movement relates nothing to the original skip. Nothing at all. It’s the kind of movement that only dawns on you as you do it. It consisted of a procedure. One foot is considered in the front and the other in the back. The front foot is about were your front foot in a leisurely jog would be. The back one is about as far back as when your about to lift off with that foot. So okay, its kind of like a jog but with a catch. It’s how they change position. To change the position, first Darik used his front’s foots motion to do kind of a forward hop. You wouldn’t think of it as that though, it kind of looked like both feet are lending power. Appearances are deceiving. Also when the feet changed positioned Darik’s hips moved in that direction slightly. Because of the circular nature of the dance, Darik didn’t go in a square route. Sorry it was so complicated, but then again, only good things are complicated.

I swam across an ocean Yes Darik pretended to do swimming strokes while doing the man skip. He truly is talented.
I slayed a beast of green He gripped his hands as if he was wielding a claymore and swung.
I bested a man twice my size He saw the arrow and bent down to get it.
Only for his ring. He had the arrow in his hand by the beginning of the line and he was up by the end.

A black haired man, who’s name was unknown, held out his foot as Darik passed. Darik paid more attention to his singing and dancing so he got tripped. He fell to the right looking like he had no balance.. Using quick thinking and the fall’s motion, he held out his right hand with the arrow. As he hit the ground he used his hand to stick the arrow in the ground. Then his motion carried him past that hand. When the other hand passed the arrow he pulled it out. When he was done with his stunt he landed at an odd angle with both of his feet. Yes, the man had just helped him do a cartwheel. Darik’s recover was seamless, the man skip was great to start from odd footing. It just looked natural if you did it. His smile by this point had grew, he was a prodigy in the music industry, and he knew it. Of course, he was doing really bad but that boy sure can dream.

Does this sound like a mere fish to you? Don’t you dare say yes! Also Darik stopped his man skip here.
I hope not, otherwise I will need to use this rock. Supposed to say arrow, but whatever.

Fishes are ugly, Fishes are sick Mwhahahah, man skip time!
Fishes are slimy, Fishes are slick Yes, he was doing tongue twisters now. Why not? It was his songs after all.
Fishes are stupid, Fishes are dumb Sorry if I am insulting the fish in the world, but you know its true!
Fishes are yuck, and boy do they suck.

Does this sound even close to me? Don’t you dare comment Antar! Also another momentary pause to address the crowd.

Yes, you are right Wait did Darik just admit he was a fish?
some people are fishes ya what were they again, Charoda?
some people are ratsCoughBobCough
some people are scoundrels Okay that’s Darik.
some people are fat Darik had never met a fat person before but they must be really ugly!
but then again
some people aren’t. Ahh, now it makes sense.

Darik stopped his dancing and walked to the center of the clearing. They cheered, not because he was good, but because he had stopped. Or so they thought. When he was in the middle he saw Antar’s smile. His devious, devious smile. He was enjoying this. Dammit, he wanted revenge. But he still needed time to think. Wait, he had an idea. Sing more!

This man wants songs and songs I give.
I could stop now, but then again When he said “then again” the crowd new what was coming next. They all groaned, it was worse than being tortured by Robern.
The more I dance, the more I prance
The more I sing, the more I beam
Who in zelrav’s name would deny me? Zelrav was the name of that guy who said he was a god. He also gave Darik a free tattoo! It was yellow and grey and couldn’t be washed. But then again it doesn’t matter. Tattoo’s can’t do squat! His name had an effect on the crowd though. They all quieted down like he was some sort of heavenly being or something. Sunberthains are so stupid.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on August 10th, 2011, 1:59 am

What to sing about. He needed something to say. Wai,t what about that female Konti. She had given him some pretty juicy song material. Yes, he would respond to her in song form! Ingenious! This time when he sung he lowered his voice back a few years but it still wasn’t back to normal. This was a more serious song, but not by much. He even had a new dance move to go along with the song!

It wasn’t as inventive as the man skip but it was still mildly interesting. He was going to call it the Slider.((If you dare steal this dance move Darik will hunt you down and eat your soul.)) When he moved one of his feet forward the other came so close as if the heels were going to tap. They never did in the dance though. Like all the dances he would perform, he was on his balls of his feet. Flatfootedness had never helped anyone. Now how it went; he would go right three footsteps at a forty five degree angle. With each step the other foot would come in with the prerequisites already listed. After three had been achieved, his non leading foot would head back one. Then his left would become the dominant foot. Meaning it would do the same three steps at the same forty five degree angle. Rinse and repeat! Also his pace was a bit faster than the other one.

A kid says you He raised his voice louder so there was no way anyone could ignore him.
I dare say not
Innocence makes it Darik was anything but innocent.
What I am not Awesome, that what he is.
However I try
However I buy ….?
I can’t become what I was once.

A spy says you
I dare say not
Slyness makes it Okay, Darik is very sly! He hadn’t been beheaded yet which is quite surprising.
What I am not
However I stumble
However I tumble
I can’t become what I once dreamed of. Not really, but he was pressed for ideas people. Cut him some slack!

A thief says you
There you go
You’ve got it right
I am what I am
And that’s the truth

They say you can’t change
Unless you rearrange
Your personality
Your money
And your buddy,
Most won’t and I am one
So we will never change

He hadn’t been heading towards the Konti. He was heading towards an object he had spotted by a tent. Two mugs filled to the brim with some kind of liquid. A man was inside the tent doing something. The something wasn’t bad, it looked like he was getting dressed, he saw from the shadow of course. Darik picked up both the mugs when he said “change”. Time to change some things. He also stabbed in his arrow the ground keeping it for storage for a later time.

He did the dance considerably faster now towards the Konti. His voice also went back into the immature version. It was meant to be light hearted and make everyone feel good. When he did the dance he didn’t care that some of the mug’s contents slopped over the edge or onto Darik’s clothes. He had some revenge to give.

But, Don’t be sad
Be glad.
Be merry, Be happy.
Don’t let it get you down.
It doesn’t matter what they say
They wrong
We’re right
And it’s a nice night.

He gave a spin worthy of a jester at the end of the verse. Meaning it was off balance and hilarious to watch. He didn’t fall but this is when both mug’s became half empty. Ya, adrenaline is almost like a drug you can get pretty high with it.

It don’t matter what you drink
Be it beer, ale, or mead
Water, Wine, or brandy
It don’t matter as long as you are happy.

He reached the Konti at this point. He handed both of his mugs to her. He remembered how much she liked to drink. You would actually think it was nice what he was doing. He actually had a different scheme. When the barbarian came out of the tent, all he would see is the girl with two empty beer mugs. Barbarians are very logical so he wouldn’t even consider that someone else had given her them.

When he finished the crowd had that same hopeful look. Of course he was going to crush it! With his thoughtless song he had planned his revenge against Antar. His voice when he spoke this time was loud but at the same time erry and quite. It was as if he was telling a ghost story to a group of little kids around the campfire. To match his voice his face was a look a dread. This tale was either serious or a ghost tale. Darik didn’t know he just went with it.With every song Darik had a certain dance. With this one Darik walked very slowly towards a barrel with a ladle on its bottom. He had a devious plan involving Antar and the water.

A ghost is our host this means Antar for all of you with a IQ under twenty.
Ever so quiet A compliment?
ever so quick Another one? What is wrong with him?
We have him to thank
Yet His stature is ever so blank

Like a arrow he is
And the arrow he was
he is none
yet he is one. He bent down and retrieved the arrow. It was going to be useful for his plan to scare Antar.

You never know him
Yet you all knew him Very clever Darik, very clever.
You’ve all fought with him
But never with him. He had reached the barrel by now and grabbed a mug sitting nearby.

Through all the uncertainties one truth beholds all Ahh, water started to fill the mug.
He is a ghost
Just not in the traditional sense.
He flies like an arrow
He sneaks like a shadow
He dies like a hero
He drinks like a zero
He fights like a beast
What does this make this man?
A assassin.

Ghosts are assassins truth be told.
They are invisible Not really, Darik is the only one that can turn invisible!
None can see them
None can find them
None can touch them
None can punch them.

By now the mug was filled all the way to the brim. Darik started to head towards Antar with the mug. He concentrated with all of his effort not letting one drop spill. It was important for symbolism sake. He walked slowly, his footsteps gently padding against the ground. He dare not fail now when he was so close!

Many things aren’t know about these bringers of darkness
But one universal truth
Holds true
They all bare arrows.

Yes a arrow
This thing in my hand Yes, there was a reason he had the arrow.
It looks so harmless
And yes it is
But in a masters hand Not Antar’s, he was just joiking.
Like our host the ghost
It is shot
Into a man.

A very noble death say some Only weirdos said that.
I say the same Lies, all lies!
Why die by the land
When you can die by the hand?
The noblest of all
In my humble opinion I am a humble genius!
Is when the arrow lands
Striking its target
Direct in the heart
Causing it to falter
Into the water.

I will only say this once Darik was close to Antar ever so close.
Because they only shoot, once.

Darik was in intimate distance with Antar, and boy was his throat parched. Antar looked like he expected Darik to pour the water on him. His stance meant he was going to beat the crap out of Darik if he tried. He was so wrong in his thinking. Darik tipped the mug towards his mouth. The cool, refreshing water slid down Darik’s throat. Once he had his fill he righted the cup. Then he dumped it towards Antar. Because of their close proximity Darik handed back the arrow back to Antar. He whispered so only they could hear. “Next time when you shoot you better not miss. Because if you do, you will be in a world of hurt.” Did Darik just threaten Antar? Of course, and he meant it.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darik on August 10th, 2011, 2:01 am

Well the bowman knocked the arrow back on his bow. Darik wanted to survive so he had to get in the vicinity of another person. He figured the man wouldn’t shoot prospects. The Isur seemed like the best bet. Darik ran towards him with a look of pure astonishment on his face. His mouth was formed in an oval with both of his hands close to his face. He ran with butt kicks for some reason. Really it was for comedic effect. When he reached the Isur, he started his song.

Isur, oh Isur, help him up He got onto his knees and pretended like he was praying to god. He shook his hands back in forth as if he was in fear.
Does he need a bed
Or is he dead?
I can’t tell
But one thing I can sell
Is how he died
I saw it with my own two eyes!

There he was all stiff and tall He got up and dramatically pointed were Antar was standing. He seemed to lower the bow, shooting an Isur is stupid even for an archer.
Waiting till he was good and prime
Then this scoundrel went over by the hall
Then shot him when it was time.

Oh, Isur, Isur I beg you so Yep, more praying. I think you get were this is going.
Save this man, if you can
I have no money to pay
But if you do this I can say
You will be my only ray.No perverts, not in that way. Sickos.

Wait he’s alive? A look of shock formed on his face as he looked at Antar again.
I thought I flayed him alive
Woe is me
Because I killed him
He wants me
So I must now plea. Pleaing to a Isur, pathetic.

Isur, Isur, please save me. He ran behind the Isur this time closer to the flame. He was still far enough away from the bonfire that the flames couldn’t burn him. Just make him uncomfortable.
I promise this is my last plea. Behind the Isur, he popped his head over his shoulder. He was pretending to hide from the zombie man.
I need your help He changed sides this time peering over his other shoulder. He kept it up for the rest of the verse.
Because I am a whelp Great the man had called him a pup and he had just agreeded with it. Dam improvision, it makes almost anything comes out of the mouth.
And this man doesn’t like me! That’s for sure.

The man deserved it
That’s all I will say
I regret nothing
No doubts in the world
The only thing I wonder
Is why oh why Isur, didn’t you save me? He said this line slow and dramatically as if he was done spinning an epic tale. Yes, it was the end of his song.
After his dramatic end, he walked out from behind the Isur. Slowly he walked back to the middle of the clearing.

My jibes, my vibes Sadly he doesn’t have ultrasound.
My rhymes, my dimes WTF is a dime? Does he mean a miza?
My ditties, my titties Yes, he needed at least one immature joke in his whole routine.
Have all been used The men let out a cheer at this. Their pain was finally over!
So Release your breath Seriously, your blue in the face.
Uncover your ears We need medieval earplugs.
Relax your body
Let go of your tears.

I have sung for you
Because of your host Yes it wasn’t his vault. It was alls Antars!
One problem still remains
That hasn’t been solved
By my joyous songs. More like deadly.

My purse is still a little loose He meant it wasn’t filled.
And nay I don’t play for free He doesn’t?
So see me afterwards
And help this little bard But he’s a thief. Wait a bard is a thief!
Have a better yard. This means pay him some money for singing his soul out.

So I bid you all farewell He didn’t feel so good.
Because I must go
To a place you all must know
Its made of evil Wow he felt dizzy.
Its made with hatred Why did he almost utter a yawn?
I think you all call it work.

Darik took a step back. The next one caused him to fall backwards. The toll of performing had worn him out. The adrenaline had kept him functional but it couldn’t last forever. So his fate was left in the ones still awake. Man, why does always get the short straw?

oocSomeone catch him! Also: MWHAHAHAHAHA. Feel the pain! And yes I made all these pitiful, pitiful things. Sorry for the spelling mistakes BTW! Ohh ya, Darik’s pretty much dead for the rest of the thread. So *snoozes*
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next