A New Plan (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 2nd, 2011, 6:23 pm

"Oh, I understand. My direction here won't be to gain rank or anything. Whatever task I'm given should be more of a... secondary task, I guess. This culture has already given me a lot to think about." She looked through the stone halls again, thinking about the Valintar, who this person would be and what tasks would be given to her.

Risa didn't spot the newcomer circling them until she too had joined the conversation. Her tone was disconcerting, like she owned the mountain and climbing it would be akin to someone boarding her ship. Great, I'm making all sorts of people angry. But perhaps it's because this mountain is their ship. Risa gave the newcomer a polite bow of her head and a small curtsy. "
I mean no harm to your mountain. Like Sira said," she began, almost wanting to say her own name just to hear the similarities and figure out the slightly different inflection of tone that Sira had used,"it's kinda about bragging rights. Not so much to brag to other people, but to brag to myself. 'I did this.' It's my goal."

Risa shifted her weight slightly and turned her head to face Sira again, saying, "
Endal." she tried the new word on the tongue, her common making it too sound funny, "So you fish and are a lookout? My mother did the same on my pod's ships." Her mind didn't think about any other kind of food gathering than fishing. "I used to stay up sometimes and help her on warmer nights as a girl and I was often the lookout as well before I left." Risa found herself rambling, thinking about home, missing it again. Part of her wanted to just go back and be finished with this quest. But not a large part enough to take heed its advice.
Last edited by Risa Moontide on August 2nd, 2011, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Risa Moontide
Player

Words: 132313
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 6:45 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Kala on August 2nd, 2011, 8:53 pm

Kala stared at the girl skeptically. She did not know what a 'pod' was, but she did know that this foreigner was looking to brag by climbing their mountain. She did not like this idea at all. Though the Inarta were boastful, it did not seen right for a foreigner to brag about achieving a feat inside their home.

But before she chastised the girl, Kala saw that she was trying to be respectful. At least she was willing to be respectful of the rightful denizens of Wind Reach. Perhaps she would hold her tongue this once. Besides, it might be a holiday; there were too many to keep track, though Kala gave any given day the benifit of the doubt.

Appeased, she turned to the Inarta with the golden eyes. She couldn't figure her out. She seemed to be a part of Wind Reach, yet she was... different. She claimed she was an Endal, though she hadd not said her Wind Eagle's name. That wasn't right, or at least it wasn't to Kala. Throwing caution and social niceties to the winds, she looked deep into the girl's yellow eyes before speaking: "Why don't you speak your Wind Eagle's name after your own?
Kala
Player

Words: 4402
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2011, 2:55 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Sira on August 3rd, 2011, 12:13 am

Sira thought about what Risa said for a moment before responding. Lookout and fisherman. It was close enough for now, at least she understood the idea anyway. "There's more to it than that, but yeah, I do those things and more." Sira smiled, she liked the girl. She seemed brave and adventurous, and she had an interesting bird. What more could one ask?

It didn't matter that Risa would probably never achieve her goal. Mountain climbing was dangerous business, and unless she was experienced in the sport she was more likely to get hurt or die than actually make it to the top. Still, it was a respectable goal and something Sira could relate to.

All such pleasant thoughts were pushed from her mind and smile was replaced with a frown when Kala asked her question. Normally Sira didn't pay much attention to the caste system, but it irritated her that the girl would openly question her. And in front of an outsider of all things! "Did you ever consider," she said as her eyes narrowed, "That perhaps that is information I did not wish to share with an outsider to our city?"

Sira took a step toward the offending Avora. It didn't matter that the reason she didn't say her eagle's name was because she was the eagle. The Avora had questioned her, doubted her word, and that just couldn't stand. "Did it ever occur to you," she was speaking in Nari now, switching away from common, though the ire in her voice was still easily recognizable, "That the Endal only share such information with their own, not just any random person they meet on the street." Sira could have just said her name was Sira Aidara, it was how she introduced herself to other Endal anyway, but she was angry now. Sira wasn't sure why, but she had been rather moody lately. Folding her arms across her chest, still speaking in Nari, she asked, "Or, is it that you doubt I am an Endal?"

OOCAh, getting angry for no reason. Fun fun. By the way, Sira is pregnant and moody, though in this thread she hasn't realized it yet.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Kala on August 3rd, 2011, 12:56 am

Kala stepped back in alarm and flushed. "I never doubted you an Endal. You have the golden eyes of a Wind Eagle, you must have a gift indeed." Obviously Sira was hiding a secret, but Kala wouldn't risk the temper of an Endal for it. She had never been very enthusiastic about fighting with one of a higher caste. Kala had never been one for dignity, but she was an Avora and felt that she couldn't back away without another word. Looking at the foreigner, she whispered in Nari as she walked past. "Well, don't be giving away all out secrets to the foreigner. The beads in Kala's hair clacked together as she walked away, speeding up as she went. Hopefully, the Endal would not think her worth pursuing.

{ooc=OOC}Thanks for putting up with my newbie antics.{/ooc}
Kala
Player

Words: 4402
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2011, 2:55 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 3rd, 2011, 8:07 pm

The burst of anger and rash unfamiliar words between the two Inarta were shocking with their suddenness. Risa took a step back from their confrontation, though short-lived as it was, and found herself holding her breath as well. Risa didn't realize she was doing so either, until the shorter of the two cowered and walked away to Sira's strong tone.

Risa glanced around at the mass of people walking, still focusing on keeping her words polite but now keeping them from echoing too loud and being overheard again. "
I'm not really making too many friends here, am I?" Her face had a funny smile that showed her intentions, the desire to be friendly mixed with the caution not to insult anyone again.

Risa reached into her bag now, pulling pieces of fish from within. She had it de-boned but not cooked, but it wouldn't be the first time the fish was raw. She held the fish up to Fala who greedily picked at the meat with his beak. "
So... have you lived here your whole life?"
Risa Moontide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Sira on August 3rd, 2011, 11:51 pm

Sira watched the avora scurry off, feeling only a little bit guilty about her actions. But she justified it in the fact that she was an Endal and was always right. She didn't turn back to Risa until she pulled out the fish, and smiled as she watched the little bird eat. "Oh, no, you're doing just fine. One thing you'll learn about Wind Reach is that we don't trust outsiders. But once you get to know us better you'll make lots of friends. Besides, I like you, so you've already made one friend." Sira didn't consider the fact that Risa might be afraid of her after the display she had just put on with the other, but then again to Sira such things were just normal occurrences. The avora would probably forget about it just as quickly as Sira would, or at least that's what she assumed.

Sira nodded when Risa asked her other question. "Yes, I've been here my whole life. I've never even been so far that I couldn't see Mount Skyinarta in the distance." Sira sighed, glancing around at her mountain home. "I've often dreamed of traveling the world. It would be easy.. well, easier for me than most. But I just can't bring myself to leave this place. Wind Reach is my home. The people and the eagles are my family.. I couldn't abandon them."

Sira watched Fala for a moment, a thoughtful look in her eyes. It took her a chime before she snapped out of it, and when she did she smiled again. "I think you will make lots of friends, especially with a handsome bird like that on your shoulder. If there's one thing you'll learn about us, it's that we love birds."
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 6th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Risa looked down the stone halls again, watching the mountains swallow up the paths before her. It was nice talking to people; it felt like forever since she was able to hold a conversation. This girl was fiery and passionate, and a little scary. Sira was definitely foreign to what Risa was used to, but in a good way. "Well I'm glad to have made one friend when I met you."

"
I couldn't imagine living life in one place." The next few months are going to be... entertaining. Risa just couldn't see herself as getting used to the static scenery. It was remarkable; but everything was so unchanging, just like the headfirst opinions on the people she'd been running into. "What would make it easier than most?" Risa had noticed few boats in Thunder Bay, definitely not enough for everyone in this city. Perhaps Sira owned one of them?

Finally Risa noticed how many chimes had gone by since she'd enetered. This was hardly traveling straight to the Valintar. It was a bad idea to get so distracted. Risa still wanted to talk with Sira; she'd hardly had friends that weren't members of her own pod. But she still swallowed her wants and politely asked, "
Could you tell me how exactly to get to the Valintar? I think I might be a little mixed around."
Risa Moontide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Sira on August 16th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Sira followed Risa's gaze down the stone hallways, a slight smile on her lips. Wind Reach was an intimidating place for newcomers, she imagined, but to Sira it was home. From the winding halls and snowy peaks, the the skies all around, Wind Reach was the only place she could call home. True, she was interested in seeing the outside world, but she didn't think she could ever see herself leaving for long. Risa asked her something. Something about how she had it easier than most. Sira chuckled and reached out, petting Fala on his chest. "Oh, I can fly."

No further explanation came, and when her hand dropped she turned and pointed. "The Valintar's office is not far from here. Come on, I can show you." If she let her, Sira would take Risa's hand and lead/drag her through the crowd of people coming in and out of the city. If not, Risa would just have to try to keep up as Sira dodged/sometimes shoved her way through the crowd.

The Valintar's office really wasn't very far, only a few short chimes away. Sira recalled her own visits to Kaden's office, not so long ago. There was controversy as to whether or not she should truly be considered an Endal. At first the Valintar had decided she was to remain an Avora. Sira, young as she was, threw a fit and ran away to live with the eagles. It was with the eagles that she proved her worth, and at their request the Valintar elevated her to the ranks of the Endal.

Only a few chimes later Sira and Risa found themselves standing outside the door to the Valintar's reception area. Inside Risa would find a large glass atrium, a wonder of Inartan craftsmanship. And there would be Kaden, the Valintar himself. "Well, here we are. The Valintar should be here. Just go in and wait for him." Sira smiled and reached out to pet Kala again, then shifted her golden eyes back to Risa. "We should meet up again some time. If I see you scaling the mountainside I'll be sure to come by and say hello. I guess.. good luck in there. I'll see you when I see you."
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Risa Moontide on August 19th, 2011, 2:55 am

She can fly? Risa thought about Sira flapping her arms and taking off, another strange idea from this foreign place. Fala flew because the gods willed it, he could treat the very air as water and surf through its currents. Perhaps it was also their will that this woman could fly too? It was a funny set of thoughts, Risa had never known of kelvic more than the rarest of stories and the thought never entered her mind.

Before Risa could ask any other questions though the girl answered Risa's own and began to lead her through the twisted corridors and stone paths, through crowds of people. Risa struggled to keep up and only kept pace because of the firm grip around her wrist. She struggled to keep track of where she was in relation to the entrance, as well, but was quickly confused by the scenery. Where there no landmarks here to guide you?

The front doors of the Valintar's office loomed before her before Risa had completely realized Sira had stopped leading her. Nari words marked nearby, confusing scratches that Risa didn't recognize as language more than some kind of damage. Fala delighted in the pet, proudly displaying himself as he enjoyed the quick motion. Turning quickly to Sira, Risa said, "
Thank you so much! It was really nice to get to meet someone friendly here, this place is... kinda scary," Risa smiled warmly at that part though, "And yeah, I'd very much like to chat with you again sometime! You've made this place already more endearing. I give you thanks." With that Risa gave a short bow, her hand on the door, and walked into the Valintar's office.
END.
Risa Moontide
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A New Plan (Open)

Postby Phoenix on September 5th, 2011, 7:25 am

Character: Risa Moontide

Experience: Socialization- 5, Rhetoric- 5, Interrogation- 5

Lores: Clostrophobia, Feeling more at home at sea than within stone, Recovering from selfdoubt, Trying to understand a new culture, Feeling the sting of a rather un-warm welcome, Unafraid to ask for directions

Character: Sira

Experience: Socialization- 5, Rhetoric- 5, Storytelling- 5, Leadership- 3

Lores: Inability to deny ones curiosity, Ones nature drawing one to other birds, Being weary of defending ones people, Offering ones hand in friendship to a stranger, Putting Kala in her place, Showing the new kid around

Character: Ivellios

Experience: Socialization- 1

Lores: Racist!

Character: Kala

Experience: Socialization- 5

Lores: Being judgmental, Jealously guarding ones city, Angering an Endal, Knowing when to back down

The Method, The Fire: Nice, short and to the point! It was nice to see Sira being nice to a newcomer, and actually giving Risa a chance to learn the lay and law of the city. It set her up nicely to visit the Valintar, and gave both women a chance to make a new friend!

Any questions or concerns, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to help!
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous