[Flashback]A spring chill and crashing thunder[Jason]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2011, 4:55 am

506AV, Spring 38

Walking along today, Clyde wondered what to do. He often went out of the castle to do a bit of training, but he was not sure what to do today. It was a bit nippy out, a slight spring freeze was in the air. Though it did seem like it was warming up as the sun rose.

Around him the frost was slowly melting, as the seasons changed and spring fully took hold. Soon the flowers would be showing there faces, and new plants would be rising from the ground. At least there was no snow, and the ground was relatively clear.

Walking a bit, he found an abandoned campsite. It looked like someone had left a fire going, but had taken everything else but a small pile of wood.

Throwing some sticks and a log on, he got the fire roaring, and warmed his hands near it. Who knew what things might happen today.

Taking out some ink and his quill, he drew a focus on each of his hands. Whatever he did, they might be helpful, if he decided to practice his reimancy.

Putting away his items, he sat for a moment, warming himself by the fire.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on July 29th, 2011, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A spring chill and crashing thunder

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 27th, 2011, 6:05 am

Jason was getting a bit warmer, and he was a little warmer than he would like at this point. The winter was his season, and he wished spring chills like this lasted forever, There was a fire in the distance, just outside of the city. It would be hot, and that was something he wanted to stop out here, as long as the weather stayed cold he stayed comfortable.

Walking up to the fire but keeping a healthy distance from it, he sees the other young man there. “I never expected to see another person out in weather like this. Mind you I take the cold better than most people.” Jason smiles at this, though it appears more frightening than usual as he is keeping himself out of the full firelight.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Words: 22434
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 4:37 am
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2011, 6:19 am

Warming himself by the fire. He did not at once notice the other person approaching the fire. But as he drew near, Clydes awareness drew to him. Sunlight streaming down from the trees revealed him, and he did not seem to be that much older than himself, maybe only a year or two.

He seemed to be keeping out of the fires warmth, were it was a bit cooler, though for what reason he did not know. He said something to Clyde, though it seemed a bit cryptic, so Clyde responded in turn.

"Yes, well not many do like the cold, but I find the solitude to be a good environment for learning and expanding your skills. Personally I prefer it to be a good bit hotter. Though I managed to find this abandoned campsite, I guess someone left it in a hurry. They did not even kill the fire."

Thinking on this for a moment, Clyde wondered why they had left. It was a bit odd, they must have had good reason for leaving. However Clyde could not think of anything that would be good for them.

Perhaps this was not the best place to be, or the safest.... He could hear some animals in the distance... And that spot over there... It looked oddly like blood... Of what Clyde could not tell.

Suffice to say though, Clyde was getting the willies. Perhaps it was better to stay together, safety in numbers and all that.

Almost without thinking about it, Clyde extruded a bit of res, coating his hands with it. He thought it best to be ready, in case something happened.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 27th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Jason saw the Res that the other young boy was extruding, looks him straight in the eye and says “what element? I know that extrusion anywhere, Solidified Res,” Jason will extrude a small cone of gaseous Res over each shoulder and pull some frost up to them, It was the easiest way to keep as much of his Res that he could. Overgiving made him nervous so he always collected, and when he was comfortable that he had as much he could.

It was still rather warm this close to the fire. “I think that we should head back to the city, either way we most definitely need to get out of this place.” He looks around the forest, it was dark still and even though it was right before dawn he knew that what was going on right now was dangerous. “What do you think that stain on the ground over there is?” Jason started walking back towards the city, attracting the frost around him all the time. He had no desire to run out of Ice, because that was what was going to keep him alive there, and that frost on the ground was just enough to keep him going. Without having to spend too much of his own Djed.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 28th, 2011, 12:16 am

Continuing to extrude his res, he caked on layer on top of layer. He let out a sigh of relief, seeing that this other person was also a magic user. Ice by the looks of it, making him water and earth, the opposite of himself.

"I have fire and air, and can also make lightning. Though I am best at fire. Good to see another reimancer."

Listening to Jason's words, Clyde nodded. It seemed that he had noticed the same thing as Clyde had. There was something nearby, which was not good for them.

Just as he started to follow Jason, he got barely two steps before he heard a twig snap near them. He tensed, and stopped motion.

"Wait! Don't move.... Did you hear that? Whatever it is, is coming near. We are better off standing our ground. You stay over there to use the ice, I will stay here to better use the fire from the campfire."

Jason had got a bit away. He was still within the light of the fire, but almost none of the heat reached him at his distance. Clyde took a few steps nearer him, while still keeping the fire inside of his reimancy range.

He continued to build up his res, and then concentrated it between his hands into a glob of solid res. He floated it a bit, and then using elemental pull, started to draw the flames out of the campfire and onto his ball of res. He ended with a core of solid res, with the outside covered in flames, all of it floating a foot or so above him.

At this new vantage point, the light spread out much farther. There on the edge, which had previously been in darkness, appeared some paws. As the flame continued to build, the light spread, showing the body of a wolf.

As Clyde had taken out most of the flame from the fire, the light was at its most. There was at least two wolves approaching each of them, with a unknown number still out of sight.

It was a good thing they were both capable reimancers, even still this might get ugly. "There they are, look out." The wolves moved....
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 28th, 2011, 8:11 am

And Jason let the first Icicle fly, Quickly solidifying his Gasesous Res into an Icicle with a Res Core, he Launches an Icicle into the gut of the first wolf, it lets out an ear splitting yelp, and he pulls out the first icicle, launching the second one at a different angle into the gut using the same process, pulling out the second one, he pulls them close to his hands, hoping that he won’t have to use them again tonight. His biggest hope was that the yelping, and fear they scented on the other wolf would get them to run away.

Yeah right, no such luck, the other wolf next to it, charged right at him, and took a scratch out of his leg he managed to move just out of the way losing a piece of his robe. Driving one of the Ice spikes up into and through the wolf’s stomach, No real luck there, as it managed to move to the right just before he launched it up.

There were three more near Jason, and though he knew he was going to be able to handle it, he didn’t know if it was going to be an easy fight, with just the five, or if there were more behind those.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 28th, 2011, 3:19 pm

As the first wolf came at him, Clyde reacted. He could sense something going off behind him from the other person, but he could not tell what yet.

Sending out a small chunk of res, he pulled fire into it, and fired off the smaller ball of res and fire at the wolf. As it got near it, Clyde ignited the core, sending it into it with even more force. It struck hard, and hit it in the side of its back leg.

The strike alone knocked the wolf several feet, and made it stumble, but it let out a howl as the flame spread and all of its fur caught flame. It ran off trying to put itself out, searching most likely for water, as it burned alive.

The next one Clyde was a bit more lucky, he scraped off more flame on a core of res, making it even larger. This one struck the second wolf full in the face. As it hit, the flames exploded, with sparks flying all over. This one roasted the wolves face, and the force combined with the flames killed it almost instantly. It fell to the ground, with its face pushed in and on fire.

Taking a bit, he checked on the other guy to see how he was doing.

"I got two, how are you doing?"

Having said this, Clyde continued to shape his res. He molded it into a good shape, and finished pulling the flames off of the fire to surround the core of energy.

Both of them had taken out there two wolves that were approaching, but he could still hear at least a few more out of sight.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 29th, 2011, 1:28 am

“Almost as well as you One and a half so far, he’s a dodgy little one.” bringing his first icicle up to the wolf's stomach again. “Make that two, I just landed the second one a second ago. I think this is going to be a little more than we anticipated though, Do we want to go on the offensive or the defensive, either way we are going to need to be careful, and we should figure it out while we still have half of a chance.”

Jason knew that wolves would be a tough fight, but this is exactly what he had prepared himself for. Fighting something that physically could destroy him, so that magically he could fight back. He was worried about the Alpha, it hadn’t shown itself yet. “Have you seen the Alpha yet, I thought they ran at the front of the pack?”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 29th, 2011, 1:51 am

Working his djed, he continued to extrude a bit of res, to send it to the core. It was slowly building, to offset the loss of controlling the fire and using his magics. And each attack he sent out took a core of res with it.

So he kept on working it, and getting it to were he wanted.

"Both. As soon as you see one, attack it. Otherwise we must defend. Since we cannot attack until we see them in range. Lets just watch out for any more. I can hear at least a few more."

"Alpha? I did not think of that... That could be a problem. I will keep my eyes.... Oh petch..."

Clyde said this, as he had been interrupted by the appearance of another wolf, the Alpha wolf. It was almost twice the size of the other ones, More like a small horse. It could not possibly be a full blooded wolf, it must be part of something larger.

It had several scars across its body, and a roughed up tail. It walked with force into there line of sight, letting out a mist from its mouth with each exhale.

"What have they been feeding that thing? It's huge!"

Molding his res, he forced out a spike of it from the core of his fireball. A bit came out, and began to move towards it. A few bits of flame fell to the ground, as it snaked its way.

Finally, when he had it in position, he transmuted it, sending a lance of lightning right at the wolf. Energy crackled in the air, and a burning smell wafted up into his face. A moment later, after a flash of light, a boom of deafening thunder crashed out.

The effect from the lightning bolt was immediate. It struck the wolf on the side, knocking it several feet into a tree. It spun off, landing once more. However what Clyde could not believe was that it got up!

Though it was favoring its right hind leg, which seemed to be ruined from the strike, it was still standing, and moving at them, at a slower pace.

"By the Gods, what is that thing made of!" he yelled, as his eyes began to regain hearing.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Jason Luntilla on July 31st, 2011, 3:41 am

“Petch that thing is huge, I don’t quite know what we are supposed to do against something like that, and if fire doesn’t do anything I doubt ice will. But I have an idea, two actually and if the first doesn’t work I’ll be immediately prepared for the second. Just one question before I try this. Do you think you can accurately hit it on the head?” Jason will throw out an icicle straight at the Alpha’s head and another one up at the gut. It snaps the first Icicle in to pieces, and the second one shatters on its ribs. “Well that was absolutely useless, I’m going to toss dirt in its eyes see if you put that fireball in between me and him. Hot rocks in your eyes are one of those things that no one can really get away from.” Gathering the Res cores from the previous two Icicles, launching them at high speed, and turning them into tiny pieces of sharp stone before reaching the wolf. “Heat his head, NOW.” If that thing runs all the others are going to as well. And if they can make the stones now likely lodged in its eyes hot enough, they may just be able to get out of here alive, and at this point. That was the best he could hope for now.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Character sheet

Next