A Traveling Companion (Lucy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Bryan on July 30th, 2011, 8:21 am

Day 35 of Summer, 511 AV

It was another hot day in Sunberth, but what could you expect seeing as it's summer time. The heat made Bryan feel hot and sweaty as he finally made his way to the city outskirts, as he finally saw before him the endless terrain that stretched endlessly before him. Today was the day he had to go, he had to make it before he was to late. Triston was alive and in Ravok, and nothing would keep him from getting there to ensure Triston stayed alive. Looking at the city that was behind him he felt glad to leave such a place, after living in the streets for two years he was glad to be gone. Now that he was on his way he had to focus, keep pushing himself to make good progress. If he was to late then he'd be the only one left in his family, because the traitorous villain that murdered their parents isn't their older brother. Not after that night.

This morning he had just enough GM left to buy travel equipment, and so he did without waiting any longer. He still had the note from the other day, and though his encounter with the hitmen turned unexpectedly different than he thought he found something in him. A scorching fire that blazed like never before, only because the one person he had left was still alive after all this time. As he came to a stop to take in the air and scenery of the land someone wasn't too far, and she was approaching him at a steady pace.

OOC :
haha, changing post. Sorry that I didn't do this earlier, forgot I had it this way.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Words: 35756
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucy on August 1st, 2011, 4:40 pm

Lucy was on the road from Sunbreth waiting. She knew that this is the main base of all Mizahar criminals. At least the most of them. She couldn't do anything in Sunbreth without him knowing, without a possibility of him knowing. But here, on the road, she could ask anybody, she could make problems, she could do anything and rumors wouldn't spare around... At least not so fast. That man who killed her parents and brother... She will find him, she knew it, but she was feeling bad not doing anything, especially since she has no master. And maybe, just maybe someone met her sister somewhere. Luna was somewhere out there alone and she couldn't help it. She was probably in Denval, but who knows? If she found master, or if she was searching for her too she probably treveled.

Oh, no, damn. She remembered those things again, in wrong moment. She haven't even noticed the boy comeing from Sunbreth. He was young, teenager. And he noticed her first. So, she'll have to go friendly with him. For God sake, he was just a boy, it's not a big deal. You're out for walk, she told to herself, act normal. But she've never acctually "been out for walk", she was always so... well, uninterested, cold, unsocial. Too much of thinking, again. It seemed like she was good, the boy haven't got scared, he kept walking, approaching.

She stood before him, so he couldn't pass. "Can I ask you something?", she asked. But it was obvious that she'll ask anyways. Honestly, she was a little afraid of him, he was built-up and seemed like he doesn't really care. But she fastly looked at him and she haven't saw any crease or anything, so she assumed he has no weapons exscept if he hid it with treveling equipment. She've got some self-confidence because of it, but she was still looking at him friendly.
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Bryan on August 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm

It amazed him that this woman decided that she had to simply ask him straight up if he could help her, of all the times and places it had to be here. Whatever God or Goddess out there kept their eye on him must've been testing him, or simply annoying him with these encounters. Either way she didn't seem like the type who was the "damsel in distress" really, so her favor couldn't really be that big of a deal; however that depended on how much time she required.

Instead of the usual no he'd easily give, he decided to go ahead and reward her for attempting to be such a civilized being. After all he didn't have to look into her eyes twice to realize that they were eagle eyes, there was no doubt to him that he was Kelvic. "That depends on what your asking. I only have a small amount of time to get somewhere, so it'll have to be quick." He sounded rather harsh, but only because he kept it casual and simple.
Last edited by Bryan on August 13th, 2011, 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucy on August 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm

It was a relief for Lucy. She didn't expected somebody who's coming from Sunbreth to be that nice. It sounded little funny.
"Oh, nothing special, I'm just looking for two important persons and asking around if somebody've seen them", she said. "We can even keep walking if you want..."
She left him pass and started walking with him. He seemed little confused.
"I am actually looking for my sister and... someone else... My sister is wolf Klevic, Luna. She has long black hair and blue eyes. She's probably somewhere in Kalea region... Have you seen her?"
Lucy

Character sheet

Postby Bryan on August 11th, 2011, 7:26 am

So it begins then. He thought, while I search for my brothers she searches for her sister and some other person. What odd coincidence... He gave a slight suspicious look towards her, still feeling a bit beaten from the other day. However he payed little attention to the pain, instead he focused more on the road ahead. "No. Can't say that I have. If she's in the Kalea region then you should probably look there instead of Sylira." He sounded rather harsh, but he remained casual when speaking to her. Obviously she didn't know where she was going.

"If your going to search the Kalea or Sylira regions for her then you have to find a good lead, and I'm going north to find someone important to me in Ravok. However I have little time so I won't be resting very much." If she wants to tag along, she has to keep up. She'll become a liability to my plans, and I can't afford to waste any time that is devoted to those plans. A blank expression was directed at her, he hardly given any notice to her really. "So if your wanting to look in Kalea then you'll have to sail across the Suvan, if your going to look in Sylira then your welcome to tag along with me to Ravok." He could tell that somewhere inside she felt a bit relieved at what he said, but he wouldn't let it settle in. "Just don't slow me down or get in my way." Again he sounded harsh, but he only kept things casual.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucy on August 11th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Well, she was a little disappointed when he said he haven't saw Luna, but she wasn't expecting positive answer, she just didn't want to miss something if she could find her.

She was happy when he offered her to go with him. She knew that it's just because he wanted Klevic-companion, but she was happy anyways. But she was not sure if doing so is the best thing to do. She came here because she couldn't find Luna in Kalea before she found master and after she left Kalinor she asked everyone she saw about Luna and nobody knew her. She is just a Klevic, she doesn't have that much contacts it's impossible to find her asking around... That reminded her why she came in Sunbreth.

"Well, it sounds good, but I don't know will I find her. I tried everything, but, you know, Klevics are not so popular, you can't describe her and expect somebody to remember her. It's silly that I'm even asking, but I don't want to miss chance to find her if I have it. And, there's something else. That other person. It's even more silly to search for him because I actually don't know how does he look like or even which race is he. I saw him once, under the mask. He looks like some human-like race, he's young, he was less then 20 years old when I saw him few years ago, and he's a little taller then me... Black-haired. I thought he might be in Sunbreth, because he's criminal.", she sighed. "I must be babling. So, do you know anyone like that?"

She was really babling. She said too much. But she just felt like she could. This guy wasn't pretending to be nice or anything he was kind of rude and that was fine by her. He was who he was, he said what he really thinks, and she liked that. He just acted naturally. It was probablly some Klevic-part of her who liked that in peoples.
Last edited by Lucy on September 5th, 2011, 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucy

Character sheet

Postby Bryan on August 12th, 2011, 6:27 am

What is her problem? Why is she ranting endlessly? He tried not to fidget so much out of the annoyance that crossed his mind, the impulse was quite strong though. However she didn't notice, he kept a blank stare on the road ahead. He never turned his eyes off the path before him, just the usual search on the horizon. He tried his best not to snap and go crazy on her, but the impulse was telling him to do something like punch to the mouth. Why is it that all the people I end up meeting to travel with this one has to talk so much?!? He sighed before giving his reply, taking in a good amount of summer air that filled his lungs.

"Kelvics are born and raised in the wild most times so they usually have that sort of problem, as for those who have Kelvics as "pets" then really the Kelvic is putting their whole world around that one person. Useless really, considering the fact that Kelvics are sold into slavery most of the time. As for the man I can't say that I have. My brother Shad is almost like you described but not as tall, and his hair isn't necessarily black. Nor did he ever wear a mask really, but the man you described could be mistaken as him. I doubt it because he worked with my dad three years ago every day until night time." It hurt to speak of his brother, to speak of the past in general. When the thought or idea came up he did his best to avoid the subject, but she easily brought it out onto him. Great now she's going to be all curious and ask questions about my family, uh why is it that some foolish god has to decide to toy with me by sending her.

She seemed lonely, which was probably why she talked a lot. A bit too much really, but he dealt with it by either listening for important phrases or meaningful things out of the rambling. Or he would simply just tune her out, listen to the sound of nature around him; selective hearing was something useful in times like this. However he didn't tune her out, just listened for important details in the conversation. Details that described her really, the rest would no doubt be just useless babble.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucy on August 12th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Hearing about Klevics hurted. She was Klevic who escaped from wild and lived with peoples. But she never really lived with them, she was just a part of background, unimportant lendscape alongside which everyone just passed. Of course, she had a master for a while... And he was nice with her, but others just hated her. He was Symenestra and everybody around him wanted to use her as a surrogate. And in the end he just left her... She really need to start making friends, she can't stop thinking. She was probably just thinking the most of her life.

"Your brother totally doesn't sound like that. He helped your father every day, huh? He couldn't... Never mind.", she stoped in time. She was about to tell him everything. "Well, it's not like I have any trace I can follow, so I can go with you. Why are you going to Ravok?"
Lucy

Character sheet

Postby Bryan on August 13th, 2011, 8:38 pm

His face nearly dropped into a annoyed look, but he managed to sigh it off to a enjoyable moment of silence. What to say? What to say? How can I simply tell her that it's none of her business in a nicer way?....Hmm. When he gathered his thoughts the idea for the right words revealed itself. "Someone important is there, and I have to find him. That's all really." At least I hope. It was true, if he did find Triston there then they would be together again, the only family left out of their blood. However if the other one was there....

There's no mistaking it, if he's there then we'll settle it. He felt the fire of his anger burn within him, ready to cover the area around him any moment. He desired revenge, and he will have it no matter the cost.
OOC :
By the way if your wondering what his "annoyed" face is like, here's an example. The face on the bottom left corner is what would be an annoyed expression.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lucy on August 13th, 2011, 9:12 pm

We have similiar goals. Weird. She became curious when he said "That's all" because she was pretty sure that that means it's not, but she haven't said anything. She became quite. She started to think again.

Why is she going to Ravok now? What will she get? And why is she even trying to find them? She won't. She became pesimistic about her search. She wanted to give up and live happy. But she was not that type of person. She didn't want to give up or leave her sister suffer.

No. She can do it, she can find Luna, and that's all that matters. Luna is in the same problem with searching for her, so she can't be angry because Luna haven't found her yet.

Boy seemed relived when she become quite, but she've just remembered they'll go to Ravok tougether and she doesn't even know his name. And she became aware of the fact that they're going from Sunbreth so there could be some thiefs or something around.

"I've just remembered I don't even know your name. I'm Lucy, but you can call me whatever you're fine with. And I wanted to ask you something... are you good with weapons or fighting at all?", she saw he seemed suspicious all the sudden. "Oh, no, um... It's not that. You don't have to tell me. You don't seem like you have weapons, I'd see it with my eagle eyes. Just take this, ok?"

She pulled three wirst knifes she bought from her cloak. They were made of iron. She wasn't good with weapons, but it's not bad having something simple as knife is you can use.

"I don't want you to be weak if we're traveling together, it will be harder to defend."

OOC :
I know, you don't have to worry at least about face expressions, I read that many anime-drawing tutorials...

Last edited by Lucy on September 5th, 2011, 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucy

Character sheet

Next