The Ghost of the Big Top (Circus Thread. Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Essik on October 16th, 2011, 8:10 pm

OOC :
I figure that everyone can start their cleanup threads for the first of Fall. I know there will be a bit of a gap between the timestamp on this thread and the beginning of the cleanup threads, but if anything, I can change the date on this thread to fit better. If anything, people can just sum up their cleanup efforts at the beginning of any training/advertising threads they put up for the beginning of Fall. That would work perfectly, too.

Essik looked to them all, listening an nodded as they spoke to him and each other. He smiled a little bit as he looked around, taking in everything that they were saying and factoring it all in his head as he surveyed the surroundings once more. He knew that it wasn’t right for him to have to ask Leiwinn to use her things to haul around circus gear. They were rightfully hers. The circus should have its own means. He sighed a little to himself as he looked back to them all, addressing Leiwinn first, “Don’t worry about your cart and oxen. They are yours. It’s not right for me to ask you to use it. “ He looked over to Bob after that, “Hold that thought for just one minute.” Treasure came next, and her comment puzzled him the most. Why was she offering to pull a car with the oxen. He scratched his head for a second as he looked to her before it finally dawned on him. A Kelvic. He smiled once again, “Treasure, I don’t think it’d be right for me to ask that of you. You’re a performer, not a beast of burden. Your abilities may be good for an act though. But we can talk about that later.” he looked to Jerico, addressing his comment next, “30 will more than suffice. I thank you for your contribution. It may go further than thought previously.”

Essik looked them all over once more, smiling sheepishly for a moment to them all, “I have something I wish to say, and I hope you will all forgive my wavering in my decisions on this whole thing, but, after everything, I really do think that it would be good to stay here to do at around a week of performing for Sunberth. That won’t be long enough to really draw too much attention, or at least resist any attempts at corruption before they become overwhelming. It will give us enough time to properly prepare for travel to the next city, and it will definitely give us a boost on our funds. So, for now, we’ll be cleaning and setting up anything that has come down during the neglect of this area. All the funds contributed will be put toward acquiring items for our performances and other, more reliable, workers for their services while we’re open for the public. Like I said, I’m sorry for being washy about this whole thing, but I just want to make it easier for us all, and a short stay here would be better than a trip that we’re not ready for. So, here are some things that will need to get completed. The living tents will need cleaned and any fallen sections will need to be put back up. The Big Top will need to be taken down, sewn up in some areas, and then put back up. Any littering mess around the area will need to be picked up and cleaned out of the way. We’ll need to clean off all the stands and get the inside of the tent ready for people. And then, we’ll need street performances as well to start drumming up more attention to the circus for when we open. Jerico and Leiwinn, I could use you two with the living tents and general clean up. Treasure and Bob, if you could, I’d like to get your help with the big top. Other than that, if there is anything else that you can think of, let me know and we’ll get that taken care of. Also, I am going to start a roster of performances, and I’d like to know what you are all interested in so we can get performances set up and get a schedule made up for each night’s acts. But, if there are no questions, let’s get to work.”

OOCFrom here, we can all break down into separate clean-up threads. I’ll put a general summary of the different conditions of all the areas in the OOC thread so everyone can have a basis to go off of, but please feel free to ad-lib the situation as well. Thanks everyone!
Essik
"No...."

Words: 84827
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on October 21st, 2011, 12:50 am

Leiwinn listened to everything that was said, not really feeling the need to address most if the issues. She had come to the same conclusion as everyone else about Treasure, she was a kelvic. As far as Leiwinn knew she had never met a kelvic before, but she was familiar with them. The father made sure she was educated on the different races, that way she would know how to deal with them if one ever became a target. She was certainly no expert, but neither was she oblivious to the existence of most of the other races out there. A kelvic would certainly be interesting to use in a performance.

Leiwinn nodded her thanks to Essik in regards to her cart. She knew it was selfish to want to keep it for herself, but she had plans for it and those plans would benefit both her and the circus so it was for the best as far as she was concerned. As to the rest of Essik's speech she listened in silence, nodding in agreement from time to time, but otherwise keeping her opinion to herself. She agreed that staying in Sunberth long enough to do a few performances was a good idea, and it would give them a chance to practice in front of a live audience. Leiwinn recalled her first performance and how terrifying it had been, it would be good to get that experience out of the way before they hit the road.

"It sounds like we are ready to begin then. I'll get to work cleaning up right away."

And, assuming that nothing else happened to keep her there longer, that is exactly what she did. After everyone dispersed, however, Leiwinn did seek Essik out in private. "Here is my contribution. Forty gold mizas, it's as much as I can spare right now."
Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Bob Barton on October 25th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Are all these people really announcing the amount of money they had with someone they just met? That is a very good way of just telling anyone to rob them blind. Essik might have presented something very good but talk is cheap and mizas are not especially Bob's mizas which will only be given "once you know what you need then I'll see if I have the funds." At least that way Bob would not have to commit himself to anything too much without being sure and the way he would be sure is "after I can see what you people do of course..." Not that Bob wanted to be mean but "from what I can see here, this thing is pretty much in ruins", abandoned even! He doesn't know what happened but "I don't want to see my money being wasted for nothing you see?" gesturing all over the abandoned tent that they were inside.

With so much going on, Bob did not really notice all the hints and admissions that Treasure was a kelvic. Even Essik comparing her with a beast of burden only made him comment that "there are a lot of people who are willing to be a beast of burden" with the right amount of coin or connections but if the circus really needed help to get off the ground, "I suppose that I can help with your Big Top though...someone more built would be a better choice no?" because Bob would say that he really had enough with cleaning up in Killroy's even if it would be economical for the circus. "Maybe it would be better if I help with your street performances?" especially that is kind of what he done in Syliras to get by besides a few gambles here and there.

But those things would have to wait because everyone right now requires Essik's attention. "Maybe we will discuss the more important things some other time" like money! So if Bob moved to the lesser things it would be asking if "you need any help with cleaning up, Leiwinn?" and just followed her to see if there are anymore chances he can use.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous