[Location] The Dust Bed

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Dust Bed

Postby Leviathan on August 9th, 2011, 2:25 pm

The Dust Bed: Cemetery

The Dust Bed is a solitary place located just outside of town. A place rumored to be full of wandering spirits and angry dead. If ever a Nuit comes into town, it is said that Jebediah is the one responsible for their existence. Jebediah, however, is just a simple older man that does a half-assed job at burning and burying the dead.

The Dust Bed is nothing but several acres of rock infested hillside overlooking the eastern see and the city of Sunberth to the north. For many parts of the Graveyard, you could look and see so little you'd never know what it was, yet other parts you can find countless graves in such a disorderly fashion that it doesn't seem possible to fit so many bodies in that small portion of the land. Whether or not Jebediah buries corpses on top of corpses is unknown, but most wouldn't be surprised of it.

Jebediah is known to have an odd fascination with the dead. He'll either burn or bury the dead without question and without care, but once they are "at peace" he will not, for any reason, disturb them. He fears that the tampering with the buried dead brings back their spirits with vengeance. The occasional wanderings of wolves into the Dust Bed, he says, are signs of the spirits having guards of their own.

Above the lower cemeteries in the cliffs lining Baroque Bay lies the ancient, Dust Bed Ridge.

NPCs

Jebediah

Image He's a superstitious sort, not wanting to unsettle any ghosts of the dead and is always on night patrol against grave robbers who might stir up trouble.

On the rarest of occasions he'll spend the time to caution his workers not to pinch anything of value off the dead, silver teeth, or other items they might sells to maledictors, giving them the idea that the small pittances of payment by those that bring the bodies should be enough. And swears his knee aches only when there is a spirit about. But other than that, he's a spry and wily sort, that never gives a straight answer but seems to never take things seriously.

Either this trait is endemic to the job, or merely something he was born with is not known. But what is known is that no one crosses Jeb on his payments. At least- not if they don’t want to join the tattered remnants in his fields of the dead. It is an important thing to note.

Gnosis - 1st Marked of Dira.

Skills - Gravedigging 65, Embalming 49, Spiritism 78, Storytelling 77, Observation 55, Wilderness Survival 88, Bodybuilding 89, Wrestling: 66, Unarmed Combat: 57, Weapon- Executioner’s Sword: 66.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook