[Location]The Dust Bed Ridge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location]The Dust Bed Ridge

Postby Archelon on February 10th, 2012, 2:39 am

The Dust Bed Ridge

Image Description: Part of the Dust Bed The dust bed ridge follows a meandering track along the cliff's bordering Baroque Bay. Indeed, during sunrise the view of them is quite a peaceful backdrop amidst the turbulent nature of the city.

It is a place filled with the unquiet slumber of the dead; and yet seemingly perhaps one of the few hallowed places where one can feel the weight of the city's blood stained history.

As one enters the Dust Bed's older sections close to the sea, one eventually realizes the ground becomes much steeper as the gravesites become much older. Indeed many of the gravestone markings become worn away to the point where the names can barely be read.

As one progresses into the rising hillsides, the markings of wolf claws become more prevalent upon the graves the closer one gets to the hillside crypts.

In fact, tales of these burial grounds being ancient beyond measure prove a drawing impetus to would-be archeowizards seeking to unravel the mysteries of Sunberth's past. Of the few who enter, even fewer return and most likely never wish to come back. Indeed, the hillside crypts on the top of the cliffs bordering baroque bay are some of the strangest places that the populace of Sunberth shies away from. Indeed, old wives tales tell of adventurers bodies lost beneath the church of the Unknown having been found thrown upon the oldest of gravestones here. Their bodies, broken and dismembered in some way shape or form ony to be discovered weeks later.

These circumstances, combined with the reputations of other major haunted sites about Sunberth, reinforces the mass' unhealthy paranoia against venturing into any place which might have pre-valterrian connections... Various crypts located on the ridge, are marked with long gone names such as Leywelkan, Rivenshorn, and Craven depict many of the old generations of families buried here. Their names and their importance to Sunberth's history long since buried by time and dust.

OOC Note: Any detailed foray to find out the secrets of this location must be moderated, or approved for self moderation before hand via pm :). Otherwise, feel free if one has access to the Dust Pit to use it as a backdrop of stories if you want to hunt wolves, etc :).
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)