Your Eyes Deceive You.((Zarek))

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on August 12th, 2011, 4:34 am

Timestamp: 3th Summer, 511
Pc’s Present: Zarek and Darik

Darik was a knight errant. He stole from the rich and gave the money received to the poor. Darik was quite poor so he happened to give all of his profit to himself. One instance of a reaping of fortune, or at the very least a chance to do so, happened by the Pig Foot Tavern. Specifically in the stables, a place used to store almost any of your creatures. Be it Kelvic, Horse, or dog those stables accommodated a host of different species. The one that Darik was after was a mare.

The horse he wanted was in great shape. It was bulky in the places it needed to be, while in others it showed its true prowess, meaning lots of tightly knit muscle. It was beautiful , probably one of the finest horses around. It looked finely bred and raised but Darik didn’t know what kind. Darik never had a real talent for identifying types of horses, all he knew were they were all horses. Didn’t matter though because they all sell pretty good. The horse was also completely situated equipment wise. It had all its tack; a Saddle, a bit, a harness, and stirrups. Perfect. It even had cargo attached to each side of the saddle. The day kept getting better and better!

Darik’s feet padded against the hay of the stable. It was terrible for amplifying sound, the parcels of grain crunched under Darik’s soles. It didn’t matter though, because all the Stablehands were currently inside. It gave him about a five minute window to steal a horse. He had been watching the stables for about two hours from an alley. Waiting and watching for them to make a fatal mistake. They finally made one, so there Darik was in the stables alone. With a horse, that had valuables on it. As you can tell Darik wasn’t here for an observation trip. He was here on a mission.

He walked up to the stallion from its side trying not to spook it. If it got spooked his mission would come to an abrupt end. Horses are really loud when spooked. When he got close enough he petted its mane very slowly. “Good horsey, yes you’re a very good horsey. Were’re just going for a short little ride.” He spoke very soothingly like talking to a baby about to fall asleep. He needed the horse to be fully cooperative. If not, complications would occur. Darik didn’t want another high speed chase after an incident a few days ago.

He pushed the stalls door open and grabbed the leading rope. He slowly walked it out of the stables. He figured he about two more minutes before they came back. Time to scamper. Darik put his hands on the horses while his foot in one of the stirrups. With a great heave his body was over the horse. He put both of his feet in the stirrups, and he was ready to ride. Ahh, today was a good day.

oocIt’s your horse Zarek. So feel free to grab it from escaping. Also sorry if the post isn’t to your liking.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zarek on August 12th, 2011, 6:00 am

What you say!! That’s it you petching horse Shyke! You, me, back ally now! Zarek had his feet resting comfortably up on the table. His Cheap ale in his left hand as his right hand just dangled weakly at his side. He had his hood up at the moment, cutting off most of the view of the Tavern. But he could hear the conversation and pretty much guessed the rest of the actions made. Judging from the sound of the men, one must have pissed the other off, hence the insults. Zarek let his head fall backwards as he sighed heavily, his neck resting up against the back of the chair, he thought to himself. oye, oye, he didn’t even do nothin. He stepped on your foot, than simply walked away. Sure he said something about your mother after you called him out on it, but…really? Groveling over name calling? Zarek sighed heavily again as he raised his head up once more, his hood falling off with the motion. He looked up at the sight of the men as they geared up to fight each other. He to actually came here looking for a good little brawl. But he just didn’t find anything to extravagant about this squabble. But at lass, I guess he can’t be too picky. what a shykie night this is turning out to be. He placed his cup down, not bothering to finish the last bit of ale left in it, for it will be there when he got back.

Zarek weakly lifted his right hand up on the table as he lazily pushed himself up, his face expression showed exactly how he felt. He wore his usual garb, his armored robe and Isurian chainmail, along with his gauntlets and bladed boots. He began to slowly walk over to the two men who were bickering like an old married couple. A few of his bangs covered his face as he walked like a torn up nuit, shifting all his weight onto one leg, then slowly lifting up his next and placing all the weight on the other. His eyes looked like a man who just woke up from a deep sleep, dull, with hardly any life in them. As he gingerly made his way over to the men across the tavern, he grabbed a chair, dragging it on the floor behind him. The two men were so busy throwing insults at one another that they did not notice Zarek making his way behind one of the men. However his friends did, they looked at him strangely as they wondered what this random stranger was about to do.

Zarek grabbed the chair and placed it on the floor in front of him. He then took in a deep breath and exhaled heavily. alright…let’s do this I guess. He then pushed the chair forward with all his might. The man who was right in front of Zarek had no idea what had happened to him. One moment he was getting ready to punch this arse who kept on saying shyke about his mother. The next he felt something suddenly hit the back of his knee’s causing them to buckle underneath and fell into a sitting position. Within that same motion, Zarek then pulled the chair backwards, causing it to flip over and onto his back. The man looked up at the ceiling, stunned at what just happened. Then he looked up a bit to see Zareks face looking down at him. Zarek lifted up his hand meekly and waved at the stunned man, unsure as to how to respond to this new development.

He stepped over the men who lay on the ground in the chair and walked over to the other men. He looked to be bigger than the other guy, which is a bonus. Still unamused; Zarek grabbed onto the men’s collar and pulled him in close. He then looked at him, his eyes widened as the men spoke who the petch do you thi- He was suddenly cut off by Zarek, as he suddenly head butted his face. He let go of the men’s collar and went into his usual fighting stance. From there he leaned forward a bit, placing most of his weight on his forward leg. He began to twist his torso towards the right as he spun his entire body. Quickly Zarek made sure to twist his head so he would never lose sight of his target for long. Mid spin, he lifted up his right leg as he brought up his knee up to his stomach. Then with full force of his body movement, he kicked his leg out, straight into the man’s stomach. Causing him to stumble backwards and fall flat on his back. He fell into the doors of the Tavern, causing them to smash open as his upper half of his body stuck out. Zarek came out of the tavern as he grabbed onto the man’s collar once more in order to punch him a few good times. Until, he looked up to see a boy up on HIS horse.They both turned to each other and made eye contact. The guy had mid length, thick brown hair.

Zarek looked up at him, stunned at the sight as he slowly began to comprehend the situation that’s…my…horse? What the petch are you doing on MY horse! He yelled out in retaliation , paying no heed to the man who laid sprawled on the ground, gasping for air. Zarek didn’t know who this man was, but it was very clear to him, that this man was attempting to steal from him, his horse no less, which he wasn’t about to let happen right in front of him. Like he thought, this is turning out to be one shykie night…
Zarek
Player

Words: 33222
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 3:45 am
Character sheet

Postby Darik on August 12th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Darik was caught in his act. He was between a man and an open range. Wait, that isn’t caught! He was free! He was going to escape this man with ease. Then he would sell his horse for a fortune. If the horse wasn’t loyal. It turned its head and walked towards the man. It even nuzzled him in the head when it got close to him. Not good, he wouldn’t be able to flee with an uncompliant horse. He had to go change up his battle plan. His other option involved pretending like it wasn’t like a big deal the man had come.

“Well I am walking it sir.” Simple enough lie. Using sir was very common among grooms because they always view other higher then them. Darik died a little inside by acting like a knave but the money was well worth the loss of pride. “You, see in” What was the name again? Out of the corner of his eyes he saw the name of the rundown establishment. “The Pig Foot Tavern we understand that horse’s need active movement. In case some of the owner’s, like you my good sir, forgot to exercise the horse we take them for a quick walk.”

Darik hoped the man would buy his lie, if he didn’t there would be trouble. He looked armed to the teeth. On his hands were these gauntlets that had these blades in them. Great for stabbing people. Then he had a chainmail shirt making him almost invincible against weapons. Then he also had a slight robe that looked heavier than a normal one. Must be armored, which would also make him encumbered. And he had a…cloak! That was the scariest part! It was wool meaning he could use it to suffocate people. Now let’s compare the man’s equipment to Dariks. All he had was a dagger and his loose fitting clothes. Ohh and a bag full of insanely powerful poison. Personally if they got into a fight I would bet on the older man. He already beat up one man, what’s to stop him from doing the same to a considerably less talented one?

“You can come along if you so wish.” Realistically he should continue taking care of that man on the ground. Sadly, Sunberth wasn’t realistic. “It doesn’t matter to me.” It did. “Just my boss would get mad at me if I don’t do this, he’s a by the book guy. Meaning that we have to follow every regulation without any considerations.” Okay it wouldn’t be too terrible if the man followed him. He could always loose him in Sunberth’s streets. Then he would be free!
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zarek on August 13th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Nafa, his horse, had walked up to him, nuzzling him softly in her traditional manner. She always hated it whenever Zarek placed her in that stable. This was probably why she was so quick to getting out of there with this stranger. Zarek held onto her mouth piece, while the boy on top of her continued to explain to him what it was he was attempting to do. Zarek stared straight into the boys eyes, watching his movements closely. He was actually quite shocked, for, the boy had sounded quite convincing, or at least his tone did. His story however…not so much. The boy sounded a little shaken up at first, but his voice quickly evened out as he continued with his story. Oh, oh I see, yea, ok, that makes sense. Zarek replied. His voice sounded a few octaves higher than normal. A grin crept up onto the the left side of Zareks face. While he nodded his head with every word. Does he think I’m that stupid? No one in Sunberth gives a petch about your shyke. The only thing they care is how much it’s worth.

Well in that case, I’ll just ta- Zarek was cut off by the voice of the man he had kicked earlier. He had regained his footing and was pissed…Real pissed. Hey, you petching arse! I-I-I ought to kill you for what you did in there! The man’s voice shook with anger, his knuckles were white from his clenched fists and his face a bright red. His bald head covered was covered in veins that popped out and pulsated. All in all, he seemed like he was ready to blow and Zarek was his only output for this anger. Zarek raised his right hand in a stopping fashion, while his left hand kept a tight grip on the mouth piece. Please wait my good sir, for, you must understand. I had no reason to do what I did to you inside the tavern. The only reason why I did it was because this man here said he was going to pay me. I’m not sure what you did; maybe you wronged a buddy of his? I’m not sure. HOWEVER it appears that he was trying to leave before paying me for the task. Zarek continued to speak, as he looked up towards the boy, giving him a cold gaze. Think I care!? I just gotta kill the two of you then!! he bellowed, obviously just getting more even more aggravated as he marched his way towards the two. But, He has wronged us both! Why not…yes, Why not the two of us get him, together! I’ll give you 10 gold rimmed mizas and half of whatever he has on him! That way we can call it even, and the man who has wronged us both gets a good arse kicking!

The man stopped for a second, as he contemplated his options. He didn’t look like a very wise person. No, he looked like the type that would make the deal, then bludgeon his business partner in the back of the head and steal his share. You’ll give me 10 Gm’s no matter what, and half of what he has? he continued to speak, his voice far quieter now then it was before. He had obviously registered the idea of money; hopefully Zarek could play this to his advantage then. Yes, If I wasn’t so afraid of him running off the second I let go, then I’d throw the 10 GM’s on the ground for you right now. Zarek replied, a warm smile spread across his face as he nodded at the man. Both Zarek and the man had turned their attention to the Boy now, both grinning from ear to ear. I think I’d like my horse back now.
Zarek
Player

Words: 33222
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 3:45 am
Character sheet

Postby Darik on August 14th, 2011, 3:10 am

When Zarek turned around to address Darik, neither the boy or the horse was there. In fact the only thing that could even testify that they ever existed was fading sounds of the hoofs clapping against the ground. How did Darik get away from the man and his companion so fast? Well a host of actions, and he had some advantages. One, Darik isn’t your traditional bad guy. He doesn’t wait for the good guys to talk before taking action. Actually if they start talking it’s the perfect time to slip away. The second one was that the man who had been knocked down had probably suffered a concussion. Also he hadn’t been to smart to begin with. So he hadn’t alerted the other man Darik was escaping, even though he was facing him. I mean he looked like a groom, when can grooms ever sneak away?

To understand how Darik escaped from the man’s clutches, we first need to understand how the tack was structured. The first main thing of the tack was the horse’s mouthpiece. It was some sort of metal that went straight across the back of the horse’s mouth, in its natural position. Besides a metal ring on both sides attached to the mouthpiece, the rest of the material was leather. The leather had an interesting configuration to say the least. One of its most defined parts was a circle that went around its lower part of its head. Then there was this semi circle that encompassed the ears. On opposite sides of the head two parallel lines made their home. They started at the jaw bone and ended at about the semi circle on the top and the loop around the horse’s mouth on the bottom. Also each of these parallel lines were connected to the metal ring. That’s very important because Darik had to fix that problem. Finally, connected to each metal ring was one rein, the thing you use to steer a horse. There was also some other parts of leather that were connected to the tack, like a loop in the middle that only went on the bottom part of the horse’s head, but Darik didn’t have to touch those at all. I agree that’s complicated, but what thing aren’t? Let me tell you, only things that don’t have any practical use.

Okay, back to how Darik escaped. So the man was holding onto the horse’s mouthpiece. Which meant his hand was covered in slobber. Because he was obviously a man of intelligence he didn’t keep his hand in the horse’s mouth. He pulled it out so he could avoid his hand becoming Horse chow. He actually made it easier for Darik to slip away because he made the robes more clear. He also insulted Darik which made it ten times easier to escape the mans’ company. No one wants to be with someone that belittles you.

The man turned back to the drunk with the mouthpiece still in hand. Darik whipped out his dagger intent on using it. No, he didn’t use it on the man’s hand. That would be just foolish of him. He was going to use it on the reins. He extended himself on the horse so his hands could be closer to the metal rings. He slowed his breathing considerably because he was so close to the man. He didn’t dare make too much of a sound else he would alert the man. Then the consequences would be drastic. He held the right rein with his left hand while he held the dagger in his right. The leather was connected to the ring, by a fold meaning overlap of leather that had been sealed. He inserted the dagger into the seam of the fold. Up and down the dagger went as it slowly pierced the leather. It was like he was using a letter opener. Except, letters aren’t leather, and the knife could actually cause bodily injury..

Once the leather was disconnected the ring fell a little. The man didn’t notice it because he was to busy thinking of persuasive arguments. Now onto the other side. Darik switched the contents of his hands. The dagger felt odd in his off hand, but not by much. The dagger always felt odd, so it feeling odd wasn’t that big of a deal. With another piece of leather in his hands, it wasn’t hard to pull the leather back. Because he had switched hands, the knife was in the perfect position to cut. He even did it the right way, blade away from himself!

Because he was leaning, he was pretty close to the horse’s head. He put a rein to his side while he tied the one in his hand to the side of a parallel line. Darik was going fast, so you couldn’t really expect excellence. First he took the end of the rein and looped it under the selected area. With the end of the rein, he maneuvered it sharply to its left, wrapping the outside of one of its sides. He then went under the hole he had made with the leather. After a quick snap back, it was tight. It formed a little ball of leather, not pretty but beggars can’t be choosers. He did the same with the other side expect he didn’t have to lay a rein down, instead he had to pick one up. Once he was done, the horse was steerable again. The knots would likely break, and the spot the reins were the reins were located could hurt the horse jaw, but Darik was going to escape.

He barely put away his knife, before the man titled his head back to give Darik a cold glare. While the man was doing that Darik noticed that there was still one robe attached with the metal rings. The parallel line ones. At first he thought it looked impossible to cut, without messing up the whole pulling mechanism but he quickly amended that thought. The rope had a fold in the loop around the mouth, a line of straight leather following that, than a fold around the ring. Easy enough. Because Darik had practice those two other things were quickly gone. The man was left holding the mouth piece with the two rings. What a sucker!

Now to move the horse. He pulled the reins gently to the right to get the horse in motion. It tried to utter a complaint with its mouth but Darik pulled up. This caused the loop around its mouth to shut not allowing any sound out. There was only one problem, the horse’s feet would alert the man. That’s why he talked loudly to cover it up. As they got farther away he raised his voice louder, so it seemed like he was the same distance away. “Ohh, ya I am the bad guy. Ya, I hired this guy, who I don’t even know his name, to kill you for a gazillion mizas. Its obvious I am super stinkin rich! In the end he was practically shouting.

Yep, so that’s how Darik ended up on the horse heading south. Finally a successful theft!

oocMWHAHAHAHA. Also sorry if the tack description doesn’t fit your mind, but you didn’t explain it in your cs.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on October 7th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Epilogue

Free from the burdens of a succesful(???) snatch and grab, a small snake slithered into the horse's path, causing it to rear and Darik to tumble to the ground rolling away from the creature as it stamped its hooves downwards in a defensive kick.

The sight of the snake drove the horse wild, and before he could calm it again it had dashed off into the night. Cursing and screaming his luck the thief looked up to espy a small girl coming in his direction, with wide eyes as she asked him if he was alright. 'Of course he wasn't alright.'

Stupid petching girls, and their stupid petching question.

Taking his dagger out Darik stabbed the girl in rage and looted her corpse, finding 30 gold mizas in a pouch before staggering off into the slums to heal his bruises. Cursing the girl's interference in endeavor. She was the one at fault, stupid girl. With a stupid snake. Probably had thrown it into the middle of the road. Yeah! That was it. She deserved what she got.

At least it wasn't all bad... he was thirty gold mizas richer.

~Fin...

Thread Award

"Awwwww yar' moving? Can I come too? Look I got my own box!"

And the Results!!!!:

Zarek :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Running 2
Unarmed 1

Lores:
Sunberth thieves(basic)

Darik :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Riding(horse)2
Escape artist1
Animal Husbandry1

Ledger Notes: Plus 30 gm from the mugging (you'd only have gotten 25 from the horse *_* BE THANKFUL!

Lores:
Thievery: A way of life
Stupid Horse: You should be glue!

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
it would be kinda hard for Darik to hold onto a horse at full gallop with his riding skill. *_* But, I'm going to be nice here :) Really nice *_*. Abysmally nice... you forgot in your attempts to give the other player a chance to use their observation skills to note whether or not the were seeing what you were doing... It's Extremely easy to notice a horse moving away from you or a slacking in the bit or bridle if its cut while your holding the reins or halter. Unconsciabaly easy. *_*.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)