The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on September 2nd, 2011, 9:16 pm

Day 65 of Summer, 511 AV

Bryan and Triston found a stall selling traveling wares, and to their excitement had everything they were in need off. Triston needed a water skin, and they both could use water additive for when necessary. Not much GM was left in Bryan's pocket, but the trip was going to be considered well prepared for. The merchant today was willing to cut them a great deal. Buying five strong rations, 2 traveler stocks, a water skin with two samples of water additives he only needed to give thirty five of his gold mizas. He had thirty seven, therefore this clearance deal was just what they needed. Buying the stock and putting it away in Bryan's travel bag, they head to the docks where Lucy was waiting for them.

Together they would head back to the shore, and leave for another journey. After the past two days of rest, Bryan spent eight silver miza's just for the rooms they stayed in. Never before had he worried about funds as bad as this, but he had little time. Canali was waiting for them at home, and when they arrived Bryan would have to make sure Triston was taken care of while he went to Sahova. The plan wasn't necessarily clear to him, but he knew that to start it off he had to see Canali. He'd pick it up from there. It was good to see Triston though, the boy still seemed positive and pretty intelligent as before. The only thing that was different was that he had grown a bit. They were finally arriving at the docks of Ravok, meeting up with Lucy to discuss further plans.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Words: 35756
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Lucy on September 3rd, 2011, 11:42 am

Lucy was waiting for Bryan at the docks. She finally decided. She is going to Denval. Revenge? It's not as important as finding Luna. She saw it now. Bryan helped her realize that. If her parents couldn't surpass that man she won't too. No with this amount of skills. But seeing those two made her wish to find Luna stronger.

She still haven't told Bryan her plans. And she didn't know what to do about things she'll need to carry. She hoped Bryan will accept some money and weapons. She really doesn't need it, but she won't just leave it behind for anybody to pick them. Bryan and Triston finally bought everything they need. When they came to docks Lucy said:

"Um... Bryan... we'll need to talk. I promise it won't take much. Do you need me on the way back? Can you two travel by yourself?"

She couldn't just leave them. If they can't head all the way to Sunbreth, if she see Bryan is not absolutely sure about that or anything she'll come with them. But Bryan started this journey alone which means he thought he can do it by himself and now he has Triston to help him.

It was hard for her to leave. She liked Bryan, he was the only person who understand her. But she was sure they'll meet again sometime, somewhere. And she knew she will never give up search for Luna, even if she put someone else in the first place, she'll just suffer. No masters anymore. And no revenge for now. She finally felt free. She was sure Bryan understood everything from the first sentence, but she wanted to say that out loud.

"Can you do it without me?"
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on September 3rd, 2011, 11:09 pm

It was an unexpected turn of events for them, Bryan wasn't sure if she would find it within herself to try on her own. What she asked him nearly surprised him, not the fact she wondered if he'd be alright with just having Triston around; but the fact that she wanted to go on her own period. It reminded Bryan of himself, the determination and willpower to push herself had shown. There was no way he was going to hold her back, he wasn't going to allow her to simply waste time with them while her time was now revealing itself.

Triston didn't understand it, but he waited in silence. Watching as Bryan actually let a smile slip past his guard. "I can't believe I'm saying this...." He looked downward for a moment, then straight back to Lucy. "Go do your thing Lucy, and don't let anything or anyone hold you back." He saw a smile appear on her face, a certain feeling that he never really shown to anyone had become alive within him. For the first time in two years he felt whole. A friend and the only family member he had left was with him, and now he had to say farewell for now. "Just promise me one thing Lucy..." He held out his hand, a symbol of their agreement to make. A sign that they would both keep to their word. "From this day on, and even after you find her; we both will meet again. That way I can introduce Triston to her." His hand still waited for her's, both boy's standing proud and together for the first time in two years.
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Lucy on September 4th, 2011, 1:55 pm

She squeezed his hand with a friendly smile. "Of course", she said gently "I promise". Bryan pulled her self-confidence out from a cage which was stopping it since she was apart from her family. She felt something she couldn't imagine for a very long time. Friendship. This time the real one. She was always the one to care more about someone, now she felt someone caring about her and her feelings too. She was sure Bryan wasn't so sure that he can go on his own, and he was almost out of money, but he was really truly happy for her.

"I still need you to help me with something, before we say our goodbyes.", she said, again smiling, on her own joke. "I need you to take my things. I can't carry them around as eagle. I have some weapons I bought just in case in Sunbreth and money. Would you, please, take weapons and 100 or 150 GM? It's hard to fly with that amount of gold. Please? For me?"

He smiled a little ironically. She knew he would not accept something like this other way, but she was really telling the truth, it was really a favor for her. If he does not take it she'll need to just trow it away, leave it behind. She would travel for months in human form and she wasn't sure if she'd even survive. One Klevic doesn't need money to feed himself or find a place to sleep or escape or anything. But she wanted to have some so she can rebuild a nice life for her and Luna. "So?"
Lucy

Character sheet

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on September 4th, 2011, 7:07 pm

He didn't want to accept, but it was a favor for her. She couldn't carry it with her the whole way, and it would be wasted if she left it. That and Bryan was short on money and few supplies, though he still would've refused the offer if it was meant for him; but it's not. She wanted it to be of use, and she entrusted him with it. Though reluctant, Bryan nodded to her request. "Your items and gold is safe with me, I'll be sure to put it to use only when needed." He assured her. Triston pulled off Bryan's bag, looking to see how much room was left within. "We're probably going to need another bag." He joked, all three of them laughed. Such a rare enjoyable moment was hard to come by for them, all their lives have been nothing but terrible hardships. Though they're not the only ones in this world, they still felt like it; and it was good to finally feel like they weren't alone.

Bryan looked to Lucy with an assertive expression, waiting for whatever else she had to say.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Lucy on September 5th, 2011, 9:11 am

She gave Bryan all equipment and bag with 150 GM. She was looking at him, trying to memorize that face for one last time. She wanted to remember him as he was now, now when he was happy again.

"Well... guess that's it, huh?" She didn't wanted to be the one to say that. She took a deep breath and decided to be, after all. "Goodbye, Bryan. Don't sat ferewell yet. See you might be the best? I mean we promised to see again, so... Will I start to babble again?" She smiled sadly. She made her face serious again. "Goodbye, Bryan."
Lucy

Character sheet

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Bryan on September 8th, 2011, 3:18 am

She was chatting endlessly again, but this time it was the last one. After all it was a see you later, though the only reason why she went on was because she was unsure. Bryan could only grin and nod. "Yeah. I'll see you around." With the new baggage they had, they finally said their farewells. Lucy had morphed into an eagle and flew away, taking what she was carrying with her and leaving the boys at the docks. The two watched as she flew away, then packed started packing the new equipment given to them. To their luck it all fit in the back, with the right organization that Triston had. Bryan even learned a few things with packing food and equipment, and even better his pack had everything sorted now. It seems while Triston was gone he learned a lot over the past two years, he seemed a bit stronger but more importantly; wiser.

They both grabbed a boat and drifted away, slowly but smoothly they floated to the shore to begin their next journey. Though it wasn't going to be rushed this time, they still had to be aware. The dangers of the Wilds still existed, but so long as they were cautious they would do fine. Bryan not only left with one thing but two, he had his brother and his father's old sword. Though it was used to murder his parents, it was only because of the hand that wielded it; now it was to avenge them. Though Bryan didn't have the skill with blade, that didn't mean he practice would come. With the blue handled blade strapped on his back and Triston at his side, he continued onward into the wilds. Only once did he look back, never forgetting the site of the city. He peered over to the docks they came from, only to find that the two boys and Kelvic woman that was there earlier now a memory in his heart. He will remember her, and will keep his promise.

After the last remaining drops of the bittersweet feeling evaporated, he only looked forward to the horizon once more. Only this time the trip had small chatter and laughter, as the two boy's would reminisce and catch up on their adventures.
Bryan
Avenger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Roads Ahead (Lucy)

Postby Verilian on September 16th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Bryan

Lores: Preparing for travel (basic), Friendship, Making a Pact, Saying "See you later"

Expenses: -35gm
Loot: Travel supplies, 150gm, Lucy's equipment

Lucy

Lores: Making a Pact, Saying "See you later"

Expenses: -150gm, -All your equipment

You Question My Logic? :
No xp here, but if you feel you deserve some then you can send me a PM.

Notes: Saying goodbye is always the hardest to do.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)