Feline Felicity (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Feline Felicity (Closed)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 7th, 2011, 7:47 pm

1st of Fall, 511 AV

"You make it beautiful friend
You make it worth it to the end
You put a hole in my head
Just like you put a fire in the trees"
-Sufjan Stevens

Exams were going to start soon (at least in Kendall's dream) and Kendall knew what that meant, studying and tons of stressing. She was scared. There was no use in trying to avoid the inevitable though. Exams were coming whether she was ready or not. The only thing she could do was study and study hard. Kendall knew this and yet, she found herself walking down an alley. She was going to see someone, a dear friend. Her parents would have been angered if they knew she was going to visit this friend but she could not keep herself away. They made her feel warm and safe. They were someone she could tell her every secret to and she could trust her words would not be repeated. Most of all, Kendall knew without a doubt her friend would not judge her, not matter what she said. That is what she needed most.

Kendall walked down the alley, a small bag dangling from her hand. When she reached the end of the alley a bright and beautiful garden greeted her, along with her friend. "Hi Kyla!" Kendall called out, smiling lightly as she ran to her. Kyla's eyes seemed to widen when she saw Kendall, walking over to meet her. "I know it is exams but I really needed to see you. I feel so stressed and you always make me feel better." Kyla stood in silence, looking at Kendall with expectant eyes. "I brought you some food too. I told Kel about our meetings… don't worry, we can trust him. Anyways, I told him and he agreed to give me a fish a week from his boat's catches." Kendall sat down on the ground and handed the fish to Kyla. The brunette's nose wrinkled as she saw her friend begin to eat. "I don't know how you do it Kyla. Fish smell so bad."Image Kyla simply purred as she nibbled at the fish. "I wish my parents would let me have a pet. I hate having to leave you in the garden everyday." Kyla looked up from her fish and meowed lightly as she looked up at Kendall. With a giggle, Kendall began to pet her. "Gods, you are so cute. I wish I could take you home with me. You would be nice right? I know you would keep yourself clean. They just don't understand." Kendall's parents were not extremely strict but there where somethings that they were immoveable on. No magic and no animals in the house. With a sly smile, Kendall looked down at her feline friend. "Wouldn't it be cool if I snuck you into my house? I could keep you a secret right? You would just need to stay quiet." Kyla simply continued to chew on her fish, listening quietly to Kendall babble on. She was one of the few that would willingly do this and Kendall appreciated it more than she could express.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Feline Felicity (Closed)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 8th, 2011, 3:37 am

"Ever since dawn, ever since when
You put the note in my pocket again
And you said you wanted to meet me at three
I was invited for once
Yes, I was invited for once"

Kendall sat beside Kyla, stroking her long black fur. She was very beautiful for a stray. The brunette's heart ached each time she was with the cat though. She knew how badly Kyla needed a home and yet she could not share her's with the cat. "Someday Kyla, when I have my own house I'll let animals live with me. Hopefully you can too." Kyla purred happily as she rubbed up against Kendall's arm. "You know what? Petch it. I'm taking you home with me right now."

It was a bad idea and Kendall knew this but she had to help Kyla. She was too beautiful of a cat to stay on the streets, starving and cold. Scooping Kyla up into her arms, she walked down the alley, heading to her house. "You'll have to hide out in my room for a bit but I trust you'll be quiet." Kyla simply meowed as Kendall carried her towards her home. "Quieter than that kitty! My parents don't set a lot of rules but the no animal rule is a big one."

Once inside, Kendall tried her hardest to sneak Kyla to her room. There was no one in the house when she first stepped through the doors so it was easy enough to make it up to her room without her feline friend being spotted.

In her room, Kendall set Kyla down on the floor so she could roam where she pleased. "This is better right? We can still talk and I can study. A win win!" The cat walked around the room carefully, sniffing gingerly as she went. The room was very new to her. There were so many new smells and places to lay. "Make yourself comfortable Kyla. I'm just going to study for a bit."

The brunette situated herself on her bed, textbook in hand. Kyla would make herself comfortable and maybe after Kendall's studying was done she could try to give her a bath. She knew that cats were not the biggest fans of water but even though she loved that cat, she knew she needed a bath if she was going to stay in the house. Living on the streets would have made her filthy and she could not have filth in her house. That was the main reason her parents did not allow animals. This would come later though. There was so much studying to be done. So many things to memorize before her exams.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Feline Felicity (Closed)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 13th, 2011, 2:43 am

"You make it difficult friend
You make it worth it to the end
You put a hole in our heads
Just like you put a fire in the trees"

When Kendall woke up she was surprised to see that Kyla was nowhere to be found. She searched all over her room, under bookshelves and dressers. There was no way she could have gotten out of the room unless someone had let her out. If someone did then she knew she was in trouble. Her parents would not take kindly to her breaking their rules.

Kendall snuck out of her room, quietly calling for the cat. "Kyla… come here Kyla. I told you, my family cannot find you. We'll get in trouble." No matter how many times she called the cat did not respond though. She was scared to death, not only for herself, but for the cat.

When Kendall made it to the kitchen, she was surprised to see Kyla lounging on the table. "Kyla! What are you-" The brunette cut off her words when she noticed that her father was rounding the corner. It was over. He would kick the poor cat out and she would most likely be punished for letting it into the house. At least it was not her mother. She knew that if her mother had seen Kyla sitting on the counter in her kitchen the cat would have wished that her father had caught her.

"Dad I'm sorry…" Kendall walked forward slowly. She could feel the fear in her chest as she walked forward. To her surprise, her father was not upset. He was standing next to the cat with a razor in hand but he was not using it to intimidate the cat. He seemed to be trying to get something out of her fur with it. "Dad… what are you doing?" He kept working on the cat, seeming to be trying to cut out a snag in Kyla's fur. "Kyla had a knot in her fur. I'm getting it out for her." This confused Kendall but more than that, it upset her. She did not want him touching the cat. Especially when he had been so eager not to let her in the house before.

When Kendall's father's hands moved away from Kyla, there was a long gash running down the center of her body, over her spine. It seemed to run deep. So deep in fact that if one looked into the gash they could see her organs and her bones. "What did you do to her?!" Kendall was enraged. This was her cat! Kyla was her friend! "I was just trying to help. Kendall pushed him out of the way so she could examine her feline friend. "Why did you have to interfere with her?! You hurt her!" In her head she ran over all of the things she could do to help Kyla but what was there to do? The cut was so deep…
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Feline Felicity (Closed)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 13th, 2011, 3:11 am

OOCThis post contains some mature language. Just a quick warning.
"Ever since dawn
Ever since three
We made the plans at your party to be
And we tied the ribbon beside your back tree
Yes, we tied it upside down
Yes, we tied it upside down"

"Kyla. I'm so sorry. I didn't think you would get hurt here." Kendall was scared to touch the cat in fear of her getting worse. Kyla just laid there, not moving. It was hard to tell if she was alive or dead. Kendall had just wanted to help her. She wanted to let the cat know how it felt to have a home. She should have just left her on the streets though. It was where she belonged. It was where she was safe.

Kendall's mother stood in the dining room just right of the kitchen. She was just looking in at Kyla laying on the counter. "Kyla! What happened to her? Ssssshe can't die! I loved her ssso much!" Kendall looked over at her mother, a feeling of bestial rage roaring in her chest. The woman did not look like her mother, at least not exactly. She was like she had been in a dream the previous season. Her eyes were slitted, much like a snake's and her speech was like that of a Dhani. Kendall glared at her. "You do not get to talk about Kyla. You did not know her. She was my friend." Her words almost seemed to roll from her lips like a growl. She wanted to tear her mother apart. Across from her, her mother was crying, continuing to moan about Kyla and before Kendall knew it, she was on top of her. She pounced on the woman, knocking her to the ground. The brunette towered over the woman, her teeth clenched and bared like a enraged animal. "You are not allowed to talk about her ever! Do not ever fucking talk about her!" Her nails dug into her mother's arms, hoping that she would scream out in pain, begging her to stop. Instead, her mother started to cry but not for her self, for the cat. "You never knew her! You cannot cry over her. She was my cat! My friend and you never knew her! You never took the fucking time to know her!"

Her fists came pounding down upon her mother. Kendall was lost in some wild rage. One that she had not released since the day Ivak marked her. "Fuck you! FUCK YOU! Everything is ruined!" She was hitting her mother with such ferocity that she could not even move to hit back. The rage did not last forever. She needed to fix Kyla. She was more important than putting her mother in her place.

Leaving her mother behind, Kendall ran to Kyla's side. "I'm going to save you Kyla. I promise." The cat did not even look alive. She just laid there. Her back completely exposed to the world. "I'm going to make you better." Kendall grabbed a thread and needle and started to thread it through the gash over the cat's back. She threaded and threaded, trying to close off the hole but it never got smaller. The sight scared Kendall. She was going to lose her cat and it was all her father's fault. If only he could have just let them be...
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Feline Felicity (Closed)

Postby Growl on September 13th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Appreciation Time!

Name: Kendall

Experience: None since it's a dream!
Lore: Dreamscapes: Sneaking Out When You Should Be Studying, Dreamscapes: Sneaking an Alley Cat Home, Dreamscapes: Lost the Kitty Cat, Dreamscapes: You Shaved My Kitty's Fur Off? What the Petch?, Dreamscapes: Growling at Your Mother, Dreamscapes: Trying to Stitch a Cat Up

Additional Notes: Interesting thread. PM with questions or concerns.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office