[Verlyna's Emerald Pond]The Art of the Sword(Keido)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ricky Maze on September 17th, 2011, 3:56 am

Ricky felt Keido's punch but had just enough time to catch himself and relieve some of the force that was felt from the attack. Damn. Do I really? I thought I was ending it there, why does he persist? Keido was coming in, the blade ready to interact with Ricky's, they both met up with brute force. Ricky had managed to go back into offense, just to put all his strength within this one block. What's he up to? Is he usually this relentless? Ricky felt his grip loosen, but he wouldn't allow such a blade overpower his. He fought back with his own strength and willpower, pushing against Keido's blade with all his might. Ricky finally found a way to put a stop to this. Let's hope he understands that this is the end of our session! Ricky twisted his sword around Keido's, guiding it around so that the blade went under and over. Sending it out of Keido's hand, over a few feet on the ground.

Exhausted Ricky had to gasp for more air, looking at Keido with sharp eyes. "Damn. You sure know how to keep going, I practically had to put in a lot more effort just to pull that last one there."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Keido on September 17th, 2011, 5:08 pm

It was good that Keido had enough time to aim for the base of Ricky's blade or he might not have been able to block it off. As for the blow he did to Ricky, he should consider doing something else to strengthen his fists in the tournament since this had just shown him he cannot rely on his them as they were. While Ricky pushed on his sword harder, Keido increased the pressure from his side. Neither man relenting to the other.

When Ricky started his move, Keido felt the awkward movement of his own kodachi twisting around. Curses! Ricky means to disarm him. He thought of trying to fight back against it but decided against it due to the sheer length difference between them. Instead Keido circled his arm around to follow the direction Ricky was leading him to. Adding his own strength to it to try and reposition his hand.

Right before his arm made a full circle, he opened his hand to let go off his weapon and allow it to fly to the ground. Since he released it his hand was now free from Ricky but he still followed the direction the sword took him while he clenched his hand into a fist again. He extended his arm straight like a punch and allowed it to move to the side until it stopped right before Ricky's cheek.

"Just because you disarmed a man, it does not mean he is any less dangerous." Little did Ricky know that by disarming Keido he just allowed the man to get back to his preferred fighting method.

Keido took a seat on the ground still facing Ricky to take a rest. If Ricky thought he was exhausted, he should see Keido who was now gasping for breath. He will take this little breather with an opportunity for any conversation and go back to the inn for a real rest.

"The effort shows. My weapon is now right on the ground isn't it? But you might want to be careful when you use that move. Some people might have their own of fighting it back." Keido felt that there was something off with it. Like Ricky movements were a little bit piecemeal and slow though it might be because of a lack of experience..
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ricky Maze on September 18th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Ricky could only smirk, trying not to laugh at the attitude Keido had. This guy's serious through and through.... Odis made his way over to Ricky, sitting next to him with his curious puppy eyes. Ricky started petting Odis, recalling everything that happened. What a serious fight it turned out to be between the two, a simple sparring session to an unexpected dual. Ricky no doubt found himself a new rival as well as a new friend.

"What matters is not the weapon but the user, if you can find a way to breakthrough you surely will have an advantage." Ricky grinned, seeing now that not only does he have more strength within him, but a bigger will to fight.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Keido on September 20th, 2011, 10:20 am

Odis went back to Ricky which was good since Keido was still in a mentality for battle. If the dog had tried another sneak attack he did not know what he would end up doing. But it looked like for Ricky the battle was over and he was already resting so Keido should follow suit.

"What happens if the weapon is old and worn? Do you still think you'll win?" Ricky's statement was more easier said than done.

"Sometimes it is better to just run if you think you are going to die so you can fight another day." It might have sounded hypocritical after how serious the fight went but Keido knew he was in no threat of dying. Not unless it was a real match.

Keido started to readjust his seat and rub on his arms. In truth Ricky was quite good as well if his aching limbs from pushing himself was anything to talk about.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Daydream on November 3rd, 2012, 1:02 pm

Ricky:
XP :
Socialization4
Longsword3
Endurance2
Rhetoric1

Lores :
-Verlyna's Emerald Pond-Partial
-Disarming your opponent does not make them any less deadly
-Persistence pays off

Comments: Hello there! I'm doing some grading for Fallacy as he's been a bit busy lately. Anywho, please please PLEASE specify what sword you are using! It makes it so much easier and I had to look through your skills to see what type of sword it was. If that was not the intended sword please PM me to discuss. Another thing, some of these posts were a bit short so a bit more length and description next time, pretty please. :D Other than that, nice little thread and I wish it would have gone on a bit longer but alas, things happen. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns or wish to see something changed please PM me so I can access the situation and hopefully rectify the error. Thanks! :)

~Keep Dreaming
Daydream

Previous