[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon I

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Gossamer's Scrapbook] The Ethereal Canyon

Postby Palla Frostfawn on July 8th, 2014, 7:24 pm

It's inevitable, on a site this big. People get jealous, and they have no way to express that save for being whiny assholes. People who have any complaints will automatically spread the word about how terrible a site Mizahar is. They'll play "blame the staff". That's how it is a lot of places. If a kid fails a test, they'll likely blame the teacher for not teaching them. Authority is very underrated, be it on a site like Mizahar or really, anywhere. Do you deserve any of it? No. People are people, though, and some of those people take pleasure in generally annoying the shit out of everyone.

Bottom line, Mizahar is the best roleplaying site that there is. That's not going to change anytime soon. I really am thankful for all that you do, Goss.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 10th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Breakups

Breakups are so hard sometimes. At first the relationship is stellar... everyone gets along and its all amazing. But then, over time, things change. Two people just know they won't work out. One person is way too attached, and the other person just can't handle their clingyness because they are an animal inside. So they go their separate ways... one by choice, one by force. But as it often works out, the one that didn't want to end the relationship doesn't want to be alone. It wasn't in the plan. We get it. But you don't seem too.

It happens. You just have to move on.

And if you don't?

You are just flattering the person that broke up with you repeatedly and reassuring them that your batshit crazy merited their move to dump your ass.

Sorry hon, but you need to pull it together. It's day two and none of us are impressed. We're very flattered though... very very flattered that it all meant so much to you.
:)

Thanks for stroking my ego! Cause after all, everyone's seen what you have to say, no one cares, and it takes me a lot less time to ditch it than it takes for you to post it. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Twister on July 11th, 2014, 11:59 am

*inhale*

HRROOOOONNNNKKK!

I'm still pushing those buttons over, and over, and over...
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Xylona Redwater on July 12th, 2014, 3:55 am

Firstly, I understand that this is your scrapbook and that you can post whatever stuff you want in here, but I also feel like I need to share my opinion on the matter. I found it almost degrading that you would imply that one person in the relationship is too clingy and the other too animalistic. I am not aware of the details on what caused you to make this post. I don’t know if this was personal or something that has been going around on Mizahar, but I’d just like to say that such a post can be very offensive. I doubt anyone can get over a relationship in under two days.

That’s not to say that they are allowed to complain about it on a regular basis, but I also think that emotions are more fragile than you’re claiming them to be. Emotions can be heightened extensively after a breakup, especially if the relationship had been kept for a long time. At the time both partners in the relationship might have been feeling as though the other was “the one”.

Now, I understand that you might be married, but I find it hard to believe that you have never experienced something like this before. Although you never mentioned this, it came across as though you did. I don’t mean to come off as though I’m completely against you because I have experienced similar situations before. However, I’d just like to mention how rude your post was.

Xylona Redwater
Player

Words: 29835
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on July 12th, 2014, 5:04 am

Response

It wasn't an actual relationship, hon. It was a METAPHOR directed at a spammer that was excused from the site for being a total douchebag.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on July 12th, 2014, 6:08 pm

I would have completely agreed with you Xylona had this not been a spammer's attempt at gaining attention. It was difficult to figure out that that was the intent of the post, but now that I know I find it easier to agree with Gossamer. :)

Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 12th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Resposne

I'm a little confused why you are both posting from the same IP and the same computer contrary opinions. :P Same people? Besties? In digging I find almost a dozen alts from this IP....

alts :
Lenz
Xylona Redwater
Catastrophe
Tais
Vinn
Ollic Rimesage
Thayer
Lavine
Coonie AquaStar
Dreadfang
Neoma Gerbera

Regardless, I think almost everyone on the site knew who it was directed too because they've had to put up with the repeated spam for days. You can feel the need to say something to someone and chastise them for what they post in their own personal scraps, sure, but it really does look better if you know what they are talking about to begin with.

You two crazy kids take your debates elsewhere okay?

<3
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ink on July 13th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Chickenzilla :

These are the huge chickens I found and thought you might like! If you can see that blackish shadow in the right hand corner its a turkey and these chickens were actually bigger than it!

I dont see any feathers near their feet so perhaps they're the leghorns you mentioned?

Ink
[/frametrans]
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 13th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Response

Gorgeous chickies. The white one definitely looks like a Leghorn. He's a beast! The hen behind him that's black and white looks like a barred rock. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 15th, 2014, 5:37 am

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext